MASKOAA

How do you feel about Roy being more powerful then some of the Jasons?

5 minutes ago, SeamusArcher2339 said:

Part 2 can run. Those who say he can't are wrong. 

His stats may say that he "Can Run", but even with the speed boost Jason got in the last patch for some reason his running still just seems like jogging to me.

@Ghostboy20 Well you know me man. I'm such a try hard. :lol:

1 minute ago, Rexfellis said:

His stats may say that he "Can Run", but even with the speed boost Jason got in the last patch for some reason his running still just seems like jogging to me.

Really? I never noticed a speed difference between the running Jason's. We need to hold a Jason drag race between all versions to get to the bottom of this. 

wacky-races-dick-dastardly.jpg

• Like 2

Objectively, J3 remains the best Jason (normal morph, shift & traps, can run, weapon strength + decent hit detection, no relevant weakness). P4 remain better early game due to same key strengths plus destruction, but rage significantly undermines his overall ability, and -shift + -water is brutal for non-morph mobility. Traps remain largely unimportant due to medic/tough skin/strong spray spawns, and P2's lack of shift, weapon strength, or destruction are awful.

P8 is great, but is a better shift-grabber than an offensive slasher due to can't run. If they're attacking him, though, he's every bit as deadly in melee as P3/P4. With the knife nerf, his excellent shift-grab is again scary. Ditto P9.

4 minutes ago, SeamusArcher2339 said:

Really? I never noticed a speed difference between the running Jason's. We need to hold a Jason drag race between all versions to get to the bottom of this. 

wacky-races-dick-dastardly.jpg

They supposedly all run at the same speed. For me J4 feels the fastest and J2 feels the slowest. I haven't used Roy yet, but J3 feels somewhere inbetween J4 and J2.

10 minutes ago, SeamusArcher2339 said:

I've never actually done any tests on it. It could be an illusion on my part since I have found myself getting anxious with him when chasing good players. It might be due to his shitty shift. But, he does feel slower to me.

I'm sure @Alkavian , @AldermachXI , or @bewareofbears could shed more light on the subject.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I've never actually done any tests on it. It could be an illusion on my part since I have found myself getting anxious with him when chasing good players. It might be due to his shitty shift. But, he does feel slower to me.

I'm sure @Alkavian , @AldermachXI , or @bewareofbears could shed more light on the subject.

Haven't done any tests but some quick thoughts:

• Roy is new, why you're seeing so much of him
  • Roy had a higher kill count in Part V than any previous film
  • "Can Run" was buffed and is a true strength now
  • The best is subjective, dependant on a person's playstyle
  • Like 1

I mean it's a game we had to fit Roy in so bending logic a bit is forgivable let's not be too picky with it now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Haven't done any tests but some quick thoughts:

• Roy is new, why you're seeing so much of him
  • Roy had a higher kill count in Part V than any previous film
  • "Can Run" was buffed and is a true strength now
  • The best is subjective, dependant on a person's playstyle
  • I've only played as Roy once, and did pretty well. But, I agree with you. I think once Roy's "new car smell" wears off, we will see less and less of him.
  • This is very true. Roy was a beast in the movie. The way he busted through that door makes me think maybe he should have +Destruction instead of Can Run (he never ran in the movie). But, those are just my thoughts on it.
  • Can run was buffed. Pt. 2 still seems slower than the others to me. Like I said, it may just be in my head.
  • That is a point that @Ghostboy20 and I were trying to make.  
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

That is a point that myself and @Ghostboy20 and I were trying to make.  

Yup that's what I've been trying to tell people. it's all about how playstyle. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Pretty sure "try-hard" can be applied to any picture of PewDiePie. :lol:

That is indeed true lol 

• Like 1

I hate -trap Jasons so I consider P4, P7 and P9 the worst.

With the update, traps have automatically been buff due to the decrease of med sprays and pocket knives. Now counselors will fear them more like how it was day 1 meaning one or a couple of uses will likely mean they won't be lucky enough to find more on the map to try to tank them all.

With -traps you are forced to play guard dog. And while you guard dog an objective everyone is stocking up. If counselors chooses not to do objectives you are pressured to actively search for them since the clock is not on your side. You do not have enough traps to secure two cars and the phone box. Jason greatest weakness is that he cannot be everywhere at once. The traps is there to help him out. So with 3 traps, people will have easier time to escape.

2 hours ago, Nougat said:

You're the first person I have seen besides myself list 8, 4, 9 as the strongest Jasons (I'm assuming that's what you did there)

People tend to dismiss 4 & 9 because Traps, but their strengths more than make up for it. -Water Speed is irrelevant when you can just morph ahead of the boat. J9 is definitely the best +Shift Jason. J4 is arguably the best running Jason  though Part 2 is better this patch because of less knives and sprays to deal with 7 traps. J8 is just ridiculous.

Yeah I think some players rely to heavily on their traps. I usually find 3 traps more than enough to slow counsellors down, and I just keep an eye on my map. J4 has the best strengths, although that slow shift does irritate me at times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loading said:

I hate -trap Jasons so I consider P4, P7 and P9 the worst.

With the update, traps have automatically been buff due to the decrease of med sprays and pocket knives. Now counselors will fear them more like how it was day 1 meaning one or a couple of uses will likely mean they won't be lucky enough to find more on the map to try to tank them all.

With -traps you are forced to play guard dog. And while you guard dog an objective everyone is stocking up. If counselors chooses not to do objectives you are pressured to actively search for them since the clock is not on your side. You do not have enough traps to secure two cars and the phone box. Jason greatest weakness is that he cannot be everywhere at once. The traps is there to help him out. So with 3 traps, people will have easier time to escape.

J4 alleviates that by being able to pressure early game. I usually have 2 or 3 kills pre-shift, regardless of the level of player I have been matched up with giod or bad. J9 can shift grab his way through the current amount of knives with ease with his +Shift without having J6 and Savini's combat weakness and without having J6's terrible Morph. J7... Poor J7 lol.

Needing more trap is more of a crutch than anything. Being accurate with shift grab even against jukers goes a long way.

J9 is only as good as the player using him, but if you consistently catch jukers, he cleans lobbies pretty fast. He is also great at stopping cars since he has normal morph and +Shift. I had a match where both were started and neither made it out. Technically Savini can do the same since he has +Shift an normal morph, but his combat is bad. I would rather have J9's slash and lose 2 traps. 

J4 is all about those first few early kills crippling the team. Sometimes I don't even use my first morph on the phone house because it is almost never fixed faster than my first morph cooldown. I pick an isolated area where I know one straggler will be, pick them off and then go to the phone house and kill whoever happens to be there before trapping it. Then comes the car(s) depending on the map. Ignore kiting counselors until the end since they won't have 500 pocket knives to stash into a cabin like they did last patch.

J7 needs some kind of tweak. Anything really.

19 minutes ago, Tyler659 said:

Idk if anyone said or noticed this but... Why the Hell is he affected by the sweater? lol.

Up till he was taking heavy damage at the end, Roy WAS Jason. Once he started to look hurt from the tractor  I thought "That's not Jason!" That's coming from someone who saw all the f13 movies in the theatre, He wanted everyone to blame Jason for his massacre. I guess in game he's playing that role through to the end. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Back to the subject here, this thread pretty much proves @Ghostboy20's point. Everybody seems to have a different idea about which Jason is better. It all really comes down to how you like to play. Personally, I love map control, so I like part 2 Jason, even though most would say he sucks because he can't run. I really don't seem to have many issues with that.

Indeed. 

3 hours ago, Nougat said:

J4 alleviates that by being able to pressure early game. I usually have 2 or 3 kills pre-shift, regardless of the level of player I have been matched up with giod or bad. J9 can shift grab his way through the current amount of knives with ease with his +Shift without having J6 and Savini's combat weakness and without having J6's terrible Morph. J7... Poor J7 lol.

Needing more trap is more of a crutch than anything. Being accurate with shift grab even against jukers goes a long way.

J9 is only as good as the player using him, but if you consistently catch jukers, he cleans lobbies pretty fast. He is also great at stopping cars since he has normal morph and +Shift. I had a match where both were started and neither made it out. Technically Savini can do the same since he has +Shift an normal morph, but his combat is bad. I would rather have J9's slash and lose 2 traps. 

J4 is all about those first few early kills crippling the team. Sometimes I don't even use my first morph on the phone house because it is almost never fixed faster than my first morph cooldown. I pick an isolated area where I know one straggler will be, pick them off and then go to the phone house and kill whoever happens to be there before trapping it. Then comes the car(s) depending on the map. Ignore kiting counselors until the end since they won't have 500 pocket knives to stash into a cabin like they did last patch.

J7 needs some kind of tweak. Anything really.

Yeah, Lack of traps can bite you, but with 9, I generally don't bother with the cars. But once his shift comes online? Fuuuuuuck. If you can shift grab, shift slash and are decent with pocket knives, that dude is a monster. I've had some times where -traps worked against me, like my first go with the Good Sportsman Club made up of forum members, but more often if I can just keep up my momentum until I get shift, it gets ugly fast. 

Also, I agree on your assessment on Final Chapter and New Blood Jason's.  

8 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

All the running Jasons, to best testable effect, run at the same speed. Same with all the fast walking Jasons (compared to each other). The increase in speed since the patch is also largely unmeasurable. The increase is within the 3.5% margin of error I have to work with. Whatever the increase was for speed, it literally amounts to inches per second increase (about ~6in per sec for in-game scale - OR LESS). I cannot accurately give you an exact number for the bump. It is extremely small. If there are slight differences between the Jasons, where their speed differences amount to less than the 3.5% margin of error, there is no way to be sure or confirm for you that I've been able to devise.

I'll just say this. Believe that they are different if you want. I can't fully confirm that isn't true. I can just say, the difference is so slight, most of it might be perception and wishful thinking.

10 hours ago, MASKOAA said:

Part 6 is just superior, 2 more traps 4 more knives.

Plus his Shift and Sense cool-down periods are almost non-existent. Part 6 is my favorite Jason by far.

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

All the running Jasons, to best testable effect, run at the same speed. Same with all the fast walking Jasons (compared to each other). The increase in speed since the patch is also largely unmeasurable. The increase is within the 3.5% margin of error I have to work with. Whatever the increase was for speed, it literally amounts to inches per second increase (about ~6in per sec for in-game scale - OR LESS). I cannot accurately give you an exact number for the bump. It is extremely small. If there are slight differences between the Jasons, where their speed differences amount to less than the 3.5% margin of error, there is no way to be sure or confirm for you that I've been able to devise.

I'll just say this. Believe that they are different if you want. I can't fully confirm that isn't true. I can just say, the difference is so slight, most of it might be perception and wishful thinking.

Thanks man. I had a feeling that I may be just imagining it. I think it is just that since Part 2's shift is slower, and his  basic hillbilly look, that I perceived him to be slower overall. Either way, he is my favorite Jason to play, as well as being one of my favorites from the films..