Sign in to follow this  
Sagremort

Tell us the truth, consoles dedicated servers will never happen

Sick and tired about all your shady tactics and lies about dedicated servers on consoles.

First dedicated servers were supposed to be there one release for all 3 platforms for quick match, when only PC actually got hem. Then a week or 2 after the release of the game, you proceed to tell us that consoles would have an host migration tool on which you were basically working on at the time. 3 months later in august you gave us an update about the host migration/dedicated servers tell us that you basically never even worked on an host migration tool (when 3 months earlier the host migration tool was coming) and that the dedicated servers would be the solution. The servers were supposed to be up by late september/mid-october telling people that the main thing holding the implementation of the said servers was the security protocol from Sony/Microsoft and the test/evaluation period.

And now you come in telling people that dedicated servers wont come until later after the new engine is implemented around April 2018. it's fucking lies, after lies, after lies just let it go and tell us the truth about the issue, dedicated servers for consoles will never happen for this game.

I've started a thread in may last year thats 8-9pages long now with twitter SS and other interesting things about this whole issue.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/4905-no-dedicated-servers-on-consoles-for-quick-matches/

If they had more people working with them I could see dedicated servers coming online soon, they are still a small team with a lot on their plate, they were working on other stuff instead of some of the issues we all have been having with this game since day 1. They need to be more honest with us and think about expanding their work force and getting this game what it deserves. I still see dedicated servers coming. It's just gonna be a long wait and a lot of drinking

tenor.gif?itemid=4629472

Then why post this?

I want them too, but chill out.

I think you might be addicted to gifs, funny as always though.

9 minutes ago, Sagremort said:

I've started a thread in may last year thats 8-9pages long now with twitter SS and other interesting things about this whole issue.

I think we all agree that this is kind of sketchy, but YOU have an existing post about this... Why didn't you put this there...?

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think you might be addicted to gifs, funny as always though.

I don't know if your full comment was on me or not buuuut as for the gifs, yes, I might have some problem 

latest?cb=20130201231725

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Oh no the first one was for the OP. I edited in the other one, guess it wasn't very clear, sorry.

It's alright. I still got it 

11 minutes ago, Truth said:

I think we all agree that this is kind of sketchy, but YOU have an existing post about this... Why didn't you put this there...?

Because he apparently didn't get the answer he wanted. I hate to keep bringing up the word "entitled" but, this just seems like entitlement. We have all been annoyed by how things have been handled since the launch of this game. But, some people will post the same thing over and over and over until they are told to shut the fuck up. Remember @Patriots1 with is 100+ posts about difficulty levels, or @Armani👑's neverending campaign for Reggie (along with RoyBurns, and that other guy who's name I forget)?

Some members seem to think that if they don't get an answer that satisfies them, they can just keep re-posting the same boring shit over and over until somebody notices them.

I won't name another member who seemed to have the same agenda. But, he got his ass kicked as Jason once, and has been salty about it ever since.

I hate this video, but it fits the conversation at hand.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sagremort said:

Sick and tired about all your shady tactics and lies about dedicated servers on consoles.

First dedicated servers were supposed to be there one release for all 3 platforms for quick match, when only PC actually got hem. Then a week or 2 after the release of the game, you proceed to tell us that consoles would have an host migration tool on which you were basically working on at the time. 3 months later in august you gave us an update about the host migration/dedicated servers tell us that you basically never even worked on an host migration tool (when 3 months earlier the host migration tool was coming) and that the dedicated servers would be the solution. The servers were supposed to be up by late september/mid-october telling people that the main thing holding the implementation of the said servers was the security protocol from Sony/Microsoft and the test/evaluation period.

And now you come in telling people that dedicated servers wont come until later after the new engine is implemented around April 2018. it's fucking lies, after lies, after lies just let it go and tell us the truth about the issue, dedicated servers for consoles will never happen for this game.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/4905-no-dedicated-servers-on-consoles-for-quick-matches/

Sorry to you as well actually, I'm getting as annoyed with new threads about nothing as a certain unnamed poster. I didn't even make my question clear, my bad. I just wondered why a new topic if you did the work of finding the original.

As to why dedicated servers have been such a hassle. I don't know for sure, but this is my assumption. Gun didn't know what it would take until they opened the code up and tried to muck with it, as a team. The code they turn in for each is different, not world changing different but enough. Having small teams means sometimes not realizing something won't work till later. The communication is hindered by the fact that everyone is sure a fix is just around the corner. One person downplays a problem, their supervisor also downplays the problem and the boss thinks everything is peachy. Anyway I think we will be getting better updates as maintaining the community is necessary if they do want to get a boost after they solve these problems. The Devs are doing the right thing, in my opinion. If they tried to fix this without a rebuild, which we will all get for free, they would just be passing the problem down the road. At that point it wouldn't be worth it. Both companies future depend on this game. I don't mean to be blunt (if anyone from the Devs reads this, I think you are up to it.), but the way gaming industries works they need this title as a cornerstone. It is their Mario, or Sonic. It has already done as much for revitalizing the franchise as any of the movies. Think about that, a video game is where the myth will be passed on, where new fans are baptized (non-religiously) in blood. A game of tag, but the best game of tag. (Sorry whoever I stole the tag thing from).

There are several discussions about dedicated servers. Please continue discussion there. However a few items to note before hand. 1) dedicated servers were never promised for all 3 platforms in fact it was stated how expensive running servers were during the beta. 2) host migration was never said to be something that was being worked on. What was said is that it was an option being explored. 3) dedicated servers for consoles are a long long process because those services access both Microsoft and Sony framework and security is their concern above all else. Those servers must be thoroughly tested and certified to make sure they adhere to the strict standards set in place by platform holders. 

In the past ideas being thrown around has caused such misinformation to arise which is why you are now seeing careful made announcements so that expectations can remain in check. To say this is something cool that may happen is taken as confirmation it is happening and if it is something that is not feasible then it is no longer pursued and the cry of foul rings loud and clear. Therefore things are being communicated, as is standard in the industry are all but tacked down before speaking about them. 

It was nice to get info on ideas of the future but the negative consequences of items being thrown around and then those ideas being taken as gospel are of a large concern. Which is why now things are confirmed once they are able to be achieved. 

• Like 1