18 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I just love how, no matter what is corrected during Hotfixes, there are always a ton of crybabies that join in the conversation with "but what about xyz" "you didn't fix some minor shit that I reported",  or the inevitable "I want Savini Jason, and I'm gonna mention it every chance I get" This is a really sad generation of gamers as a whole.

And before anyone attacks me for talking about the ages of the players...I'm not, I'm talking about the maturity level. I've had 40+ year olds cuss me, call me racial slurs, and promise to do horrible things to my family just as much as the "squeakers" everyone seems to bitch about. Don't get me wrong, this kind of crap was around well before the use of mics in online games was common. I remember reading the same kind of crap in the early 90s in the chat while playing Diablo. It just seems that is has become much more prevalent in the last decade or so.

People will always complain no matter what. I just hope they don't fix this glitch. hukKtJz.gif The wall just ate her xD 

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2018 at 2:45 PM, [IllFonic]Courier said:

General

• Made adjustments to the window collision blocker that is created while a counselor in the process of climbing or jumping through a window
  • Addressed several exploits and exploit locations

Counselors

• Fixed a bug that caused Bear Traps to work inconsistently when being placed near doorways
  • Fixed a bug that caused Bear Traps to become stuck in a counselor’s hands
  • Fixed a bug that caused counselors to sometimes become stuck while climbing through a window

Maps

Pinehurst

• Fixed a bug that caused the northwestern exit to not work properly as a vehicle escape

Vehicles

• Fixed a bug that caused vehicles to not function properly while Jason is standing directly behind the vehicle

Sound

• Reduced the volume of Part 5 Jason’s music

"Adjustments" to the window collision bug? So I suppose that means there's meant to be a collision in some capacity? As long as Jason can attack counselors and they're not protected by a "shield" we're good.

Bear traps near doors, if it is fixed, that's great. Doors are the #1 place to put traps. The door trap bug killed the use of traps.

I played last night and there's still the bug where if Jason grabs the front passenger of a car, the car flips on its side and is "destroyed." I'll share a video when I get home.

There was at one time a bug where if Jason stands behind a vehicle and it backs up, it wouldn't crash and would push Jason and be able to drive away. Hopefully that is fixed.

Last week i encountered roof glitching on Pinehurst at the actual pinehurst house. Hope you fixed that.

Some future patch ideas off the top of my head:

• No more "phantom" patch changes. EVERY change is listed. If you don't want to bog up the patch notes with too many notes, make a "change log" that logs every change. For example you changed window damage but didn't log it in the patch notes. 
  • Increase the damage of blocked throwing knives. Unblocked knives take about 5 to kill but counselors can block around 10 knives before dying. This is a problem if they are in an inaccessable exploit location. You can waste every knife on the map trying to kill one guy.
  • There are collision barriers above places like campfires, beds, and the cars. Their collision hitboxes are taller than they are. This means if you try to throw a knife at someone on the other side, it will hit the barrier and waste the knife.
  • Remove counselor-to-counselor combat lock on.
  • Please un-link melee attacks from triggering the window break animation because it interferes with combat.
  • Crouching counselors cannot be struck by melee attacks except attacks by part 6 and savini because of their animations. Other Jasons cannot touch them. Make the weapon hitbox or counselor crouching hitbox bigger to avoid this. I've also seen cases where a counselor will step in a trap and choose not to get out because they are untouchable like that.

• Like 1

Still seeing window issues. Collision field is there on occasion.

It seems, often, if a counselor jumps through a window the protection is still there, and sometimes when they just climb through.

On 2/7/2018 at 8:18 AM, JarMa13 said:

and no fixing counselors hitting jason thru closed doors? 

also too many empty drawers,  too few knives, medsprays, and shotguns. 

I can see reducing them but u overdid it

and since u increased jasons strength,  speed,  and knives,  why reduce our defense too?

You obviously didn’t play the game at launch , there was even less weapons, knives etc... than ther is now, and Jason was much stronger, you are weak.

On 2/8/2018 at 12:34 AM, DasMurich said:

It seems, often, if a counselor jumps through a window the protection is still there, and sometimes when they just climb through.

I played a game of bots today, when you hit a counselor that is standing behind a window and kill them it registers as a suicide

5 hours ago, DasMurich said:

@[IllFonic]Courier I have a hypothesis for why the window collison bubble exists. Tell me if I am right:

The barrier exists to prevent Jason from activating the window break animation while the counselor is climbing through. If the animation triggered during the counselor animation, it would cause bugs. Right? Is that why the bubble was put in place? Was the barrier put in place intentionally at all?

The barrier doesn't need adjusting, it needs to be removed, like at launch. To prevent the two types of animations conflicting with each other, I think disassociating melee and the window prompt would fix the issue. There would be no need for the barrier if melee couldn't trigger it. The prompt and window animation should only be associated with the action button( that's "E", square, or X, depending on platform).

Just make it so the action prompt doesn't trigger when a counselor occupies a window but Jason can still melee attack freely. Problem solved. No barriers.

@NytmereZ That might be the case for online too. If Jason damages a window while a counselor is climbing through, it registers as environmental damage and not Jason's damage.

• Like 2

Okay guys.. I'm a new player from 2 days ago... I was having a blast until yesterday's update... I don't care about having Savini or not... nor how losers try to shape the game around how they suck... ANYWAY

My friends and I have wasted some much time playing games that crash or kick us out around the last 2 minutes that it seems like a waste of time to play this game right now even if it's fun as hell when it works. Just seems to me that it's been worse since the update but I am aware that this is an actual GAME BREAKING issue that has been present since launch... PLEASE SPEED UP THE DEDICATED SERVERS UPDATE FASTER... DO OVERTIME... HIRE SERVER EXPERTS... I DON'T KNOW BUT I BET YOU GUYS HAVE MADE MULTIPLE MILLIONS TO FINANCE THIS.

Thanks Gun Media, the game is great but connections don't want us to play it.

• Like 1

Annnnnnnnd queue the fanboy trolling.

( @Spineshank3000 ........"The community" hates it when you're honest about your experience. Especially if it makes the game or the devs seem less than great. I'm fully in line with what you posted and couldn't agree more. We need more honest statements around here but just be prepared for the onslaught of haters.)

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up.. out of curiosity I'll probably read the hate posts that are born from this but my comment was just ment to be layed there to be miraculously spotted by an important dev team rep and hopefully it hits home where it sorta hurts but sorta makes you smile and tell yourself "we made this game for this type of player... alright boys let's do this... another all nighter of dev on the update boys let's pump this one out 1 month ahead"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spineshank3000 said:

Thanks for the heads up.. out of curiosity I'll probably read the hate posts that are born from this but my comment was just ment to be layed there to be miraculously spotted by an important dev team rep and hopefully it hits home where it sorta hurts but sorta makes you smile and tell yourself "we made this game for this type of player... alright boys let's do this... another all nighter of dev on the update boys let's pump this one out 1 month ahead"

If the things I've said already haven't struck a cord with them, I'm not sure what will...........but I can almost guarantee you'll see some snide remarks. 

I'm a French Canadian and I chose F13 over locally developped Dead By Daylight... Okay Jason and the levels have a lot to do with my choice but the 3 friends that were with me are starting to regret their choice strictly due to connection issues... I'm playing in Denial of all this and I'm trying to sell the game to my friends in a way that will make them forget the connectivity issues long enough for them to join the lobby.

This is a player trying to back up the game and pretending to overlook the issue. You don't want your fan base to be fighting to keep your game alive before it's too late to fix it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spineshank3000 said:

I'm a French Canadian and I chose F13 over locally developped Dead By Daylight... Okay Jason and the levels have a lot to do with my choice but the 3 friends that were with me are starting to regret their choice strictly due to connection issues... I'm playing in Denial of all this and I'm trying to sell the game to my friends in a way that will male them forget the connectivity issues long enough for them to join the game.

Try Private Matches. I've had the game since launch and for the longest time Quick Matches did not work. You tend to have a better experience when it's you and a group of people in a Private Session.

• Like 1

The fireplace started glowing infrared and a blue light that hurt our eyes came from the fireplace.I had to change my camera angle.A friend trying to hide under the bed ended up getting stuck in the wall of a cabin.Another player climbing through a window was standing through the window and stuck.Once Jason grabbed the player he was outside the window.Another player was standing inside the driver seat his head was poking out of the roof.When I was driving a car all I could see the bat I was holding in my hand as opposed to seeing through a windshield.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Josh Delagrange said:

The fireplace started glowing infrared and a blue light that hurt our eyes came from the fireplace.I had to change my camera angle.A friend trying to hide under the bed ended up getting stuck in the wall of a cabin.Another player climbing through a window was standing through the window and stuck.Once Jason grabbed the player he was outside the window.Another player was standing inside the driver seat his head was poking out of the roof.When I was driving a car all I could see the bat I was holding in my hand as opposed to seeing through a windshield.

Welcome to Friday the 13th: The Game

• Like 2

On 2/8/2018 at 4:50 AM, BrokenFattHardy said:

Welcome to Friday the 13th: The Game

I've been playing since Nov 29Th.Some the bugs are actual funny.This happen earlier today.When after the update was installed.

I forgot to mention this happen once to me when I was Jason .The counselor  begin to float around after I grabbed him he looked like invisible rope around his neck .Then it happen again to another counselor about 11:30PM.I will never forget being glitch on top of a bed I try to run off it I glitched right back on top 15 times before I could get off the bed.

On 2/7/2018 at 9:20 PM, Rexfellis said:

I just love how, no matter what is corrected during Hotfixes, there are always a ton of crybabies that join in the conversation with "but what about xyz" "you didn't fix some minor shit that I reported",  or the inevitable "I want Savini Jason, and I'm gonna mention it every chance I get" This is a really sad generation of gamers as a whole.

And before anyone attacks me for talking about the ages of the players...I'm not, I'm talking about the maturity level. I've had 40+ year olds cuss me, call me racial slurs, and promise to do horrible things to my family just as much as the "squeakers" everyone seems to bitch about. Don't get me wrong, this kind of crap was around well before the use of mics in online games was common. I remember reading the same kind of crap in the early 90s in the chat while playing Diablo. It just seems that is has become much more prevalent in the last decade or so.

When they give Savini Jason away for one whole day.A lot of us missed  out due to the fact we came into the game later.Original it was exclusive content for the backers.I remember original it was not meant for any one else other then backers.You can please some of the people most the time while you can't please everyone all the time.I bet one the backers said release it for every one else. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@[IllFonic]Courier I have a hypothesis for why the window collison bubble exists. Tell me if I am right:

The barrier exists to prevent Jason from activating the window break animation while the coumselor is climbing through. If the animation triggered during the counselor animation, it would cause bugs. Right? Is that why the bubble was put in place? Was the barrier put in place intentionally at all?

The barrier doesn't need adjusting, it needs to be removed, like at launch. To prevent the two types of animations conflicting with each other, I think disassociating melee and the window prompt would fix the issue. There would be no need for the barrier if melee couldn't trigger it. The prompt amd window animation should only be associated with the action button( that's "E", square, or X, depending on platform).

Just make it so the action prompt doesn't trigger when a counselor occupies a window but Jason can still melee atrack freely. Problem solved. No barriers.

@NytmereZ That might be the case for online too. If Jason damages a window while a counselor is climbing through, it registers as environmental damage and not Jason's damage.

Holy shit please Gun hire this fella. If this is why there's been issues with the window, and this would fix it, I'd be so happy. People who can't hit the windows that open upward can hit the interact button, and everyone else will use combat stance. If this would put us back into launch window break territory I'd be so damned happy. What you said makes sense too, Jolly. If this odd barrier is there because of the prompt it'd explain why you have to be very specific with where you position Jason to freely break the window without moving into the canned animation. Are you by chance a programmer or was this just something that came to mind as to why the issue is there at all? 

22 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Holy shit please Gun hire this fella. If this is why there's been issues with the window, and this would fix it, I'd be so happy. People who can't hit the windows that open upward can hit the interact button, and everyone else will use combat stance. If this would put us back into launch window break territory I'd be so damned happy. What you said makes sense too, Jolly. If this odd barrier is there because of the prompt it'd explain why you have to be very specific with where you position Jason to freely break the window without moving into the canned animation. Are you by chance a programmer or was this just something that came to mind as to why the issue is there at all? 

I'm not a programmer but I have perhaps too much experience playing games and trying to think from a developer's perspective lol. Due to their choice of "vernacular" regarding the window bubble(they said "adjusted the collision barrier") it makes me think that the collision barrier was intentional. They said "adjusted" as if the barrier was something they put in place to begin with.

I understand that they wanted to bring all of Jason's functions "to parity" with each other by having prompts for almost everything, but catering a little too much to the inexperienced can be a bad thing. In truth the only problems Jason had with windows is that new Jasons didn't know that combat stance could break windows, so they made a specific animation to try to help them. A "10th man policy" could perhaps avoid some issues. I.E. play devil's advocate.

8 hours ago, Josh Delagrange said:

The fireplace started glowing infrared and a blue light that hurt our eyes came from the fireplace.

Lmao. This! What the hell is this one? I've seen this maybe 4 times on Higgins small. It's blinding!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

You still won't be seeing it. No matter how hard you try. They said it ain't going to be given out at all. 

Unless, of course, they can find an incognito way to do it and then pass blame onto some rogue agent from a partner company...

18 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

"Adjustments" to the window collision bug? So I suppose that means there's meant to be a collision in some capacity? As long as Jason can attack counselors amd they're not protected by a "shield" we're good.

Bear traps near doors, if it is fixed, that's great. Doors are the #1 place to put traps. The door trap bug killed the use of traps.

I played last night and there's still the bug where if Jason grabs the front passenger of a car, the car flips on its side and is "destroyed." I'll share a video when I get home.

There was at one time a bug where if Jason stands behind a vehicle amd it backs up, it wouldn't crash amd would push Jason and be able to drive away. Hopefully that is fixed.

Last week i encountered roof glitching on Pinehurst at the actual pinehurst house. Hope you fixed that.

Some future patch ideas off the top of my head:

• No more "phantom" patch changes. EVERY change is listed. If you don't want to bog up the patch notes with too many notes, make a "change log" that logs every change. For example you changed window damage but didn't log it in the patch notes. 
  • Increase the damage of blocked throwing knives. Unblocked knives take about 5 to kill but counselors can block around 10 knives before dying. This is a problem if they are in an inaccessable exploit location. You can waste every knife on the map trying to kill one guy.
  • There are collision barriers above places like campfires, beds, and the cars. Their collision hitboxes are taller than they are. This means if you try to throw a knife at someone on the other side, it will hit the barrier and waste the knife.
  • Remove counselor-to-counselor combat lock on.
  • Please un-link melee attacks from triggering the window break animation because it interferes with combat.
  • Crouching counselors cannot be struck by melee attacks except attacks by part 6 and savini because of their animations. Other Jasons cannot touch them. Make the weapon hitbox or counselor crouching hitbox bigger to avoid this. I've also seen cases where a counselor will step in a trap and choose not to get out because they are untouchable like that.

Wow, really well said and very detailed.  Must be Q&A guy for sure.  Wish more posts/critique were like this.

3 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Unless, of course, they can find an incognito way to do it and then pass blame onto some rogue agent from a partner company...

Shhhh you'll give them ideas 

Played a couple quick offline games in Pinehurst, against bots. One match I had grabbed Jenny as she exited a cabin through a window. She hit me with a pocket knife and I lost her momentarily due to the forced camera angle. I turned around and just before I tapped sense I saw her.

She was running in a circle. 

In the sky. 

So.

The bots seem dumber, jumping in and out of the same window, including back into a window they jumped out of to avoid Jason

Also, there seems to be a glitch in Violets room on Pinehurst, where both a) counselors inside the room will appear bright red with sense, instead of lighting up the whole house (appears in both online and bot play)  and 

B) bot counselors get stuck in the room, running into beds.