6 minutes ago, JarMa13 said:

and since u increased jasons strength,  speed,  and knives,  why reduce our defense too?

Oh, yeah, you mean like in the movies, right? Where all the dumb, horny teenagers are an even match for an undead, indestructible, 7 foot tall zombie, right? 

Jason's the star of this game. As a counselor, you are a lamb to slaughter. That's just the way it is...and should be :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TiffanyCakes said:

Soooo Jason can grab me when I’m existing  the climbing animation now?Lmao they keep making it easier for you guys ..I heard y’all want stalk at the beggining of the game as well...Learn how to play and quit crying about Jason not being powerful enough .

Found the guy who's only been playing since the Window prompt patch.

3 hours ago, JarMa13 said:

and no fixing counselors hitting jason thru closed doors? 

also too many empty drawers,  too few knives, medsprays, and shotguns. 

I can see reducing them but u overdid it

and since u increased jasons strength,  speed,  and knives,  why reduce our defense too?

I don't think they over did it.. in fact less firecrackers would do the trick..

16 hours ago, Shreddy said:

the fix for Roy's music is cool but the real thing i was looking forward too was the issue with melee weapons going right through jason or just not doing anything to him at all effectively. i played a match the other day where i was in a grab and a friend hit jason 3-4 times with a bat and it didnt do jack. i wiggled out, hit him with my bat, and still... nothing. its a shame but its too little too late. the game is dying and will be completely dead before you try and revive it with an engine update. such a sad excuse for a "small company"... do everyone a favor and sell the game to a company that cares. you'll still get a shit ton of money and the fans wont have to deal with you any more

What you are talking about now is the update to stun resistance. That was the whole point. You are NOT supposed to go toe-to-toe with Jason. You swing, you hope for a stun, and then you run. If you get grabbed and don't escape accept the loss. At least your friend gets a chance to. ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steley2001 said:

I demand Savini Jason for everyone

i agree, since when did actual playable game content be restricted to people who preordered the game months before it came out? i hate that Jason, however i think this whole stupid "game backer" thing is over, its time to release all DLC to people who will pay for it. Things for backers are things like fancy cases, a movie correct hockey mask etc and so forth. I bought the game for 6 systems, 4 of them are mine, ive bought all dlc for all 4 of my systems, steam, ps4, and two xbox gold accounts for multiplayer. spent about 200 dollars on it so far, people who whine that they paid for it on some obscure website until it became available on the platform stores have no standing to really say anything unless they donated like 1000 bucks etc to fund game development, i kept logging in to the different trusted game stores and tried to preorder it, however it wasn't there, not my fault. restricting content is sad, want some more funding cash, make that Jason a 20$ dlc etc, but don't block it entirely.

now for the counselor nerf issue, at first release of that patch it seemed horrible but a couple days later it wasn't bad a little sparser than i would like but its not so overabundant like it was, new map and Jason is nice, keep in mind the spawn of this things is controlled by a server and not the local client, remember rain just going away? its still there in the game code, the server just never spawns it on anymore on xbone, i would assume since the spawn points have been set in code with campsites added, this can be changed on the fly to find balance, even with the new update i still saw good jasons getting teabagged etc, just made it harder to escape and get things done, A.J. kind of best character all around IMO always dies now trying to fix cars lol. no other way to deal with traps is poor, stick weapon should be able to pop it, maybe just sound off to Jason if its popped and not slowly "disarmed". alot of bugs are due to a person in lobby with piss poor internet or a flapping connection. if i run two in my house 2 player match over 1gps wan all wired, i get like a 10ms ping and it runs butter smooth, still some exploits and code glitches exist, i did notice the window stuck glitch, and another Jason glitch he accidentally morphed or shifted behind a fence at the bridge and could not get out. some things to work out, but lets be honest, Jason will never be scary in this game, to make him scary would mean making him have the ability to just pop right down on you grab and kill with no notice ever, no people could see him etc, then the game would stagnate due to having no fun as counselors, it would be a repeat of the NES game, people would stop playing as it would be overly hard and objectives could not be completed.

I have not run this patch yet, however i think frame loss and "rubberband" isn't something a patch can fix, this is the game attempting to keep everyone in sync with one another, faster servers, letting people with poor internet drop down without effecting the entire lobby etc will solve that.

I'm not salty over the 1/30 patch, just wish pocket knife would increase a tad, or give us an alternative to deal with traps without making Jason oblivious as to what is going on without rechecking map every second. I hope they continue to fix this game and add content and don't at some point just walk away from it, i hope at the point this game has reached its crest, they work on a sequel and make it like a solid game like the ones MS makes for xbone, they captured an audience that was left long behind in the gaming world years ago.

I am sad at the state of games on xbone now, pay to play should be for phones not consoles....

16 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Your volume shouldn't be all the way up to begin with. Keep it at a sensible level and you won't have any problems. I'm now worried that the devs ruined perfectly fine theme music because of all the cry baby complaining some of you guys do.

It's not and never is. I usually keep music at 35%. Before yesterdays patch putting music all the way to 0% didn't do shit for part 5 music. It was still at the same loud volume where you couldn't even hear your other teammates. Since they fixed it they realized their mistake too. It's not cry baby complaining when there is an actual issue.  

17 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I suspect the majority of people only want him because they cant have him. I don't have him, but I know plenty of people who do and choose not to use him because of his terrible water speed, can't run, poor melee and reduced destruction.

Killer music, tho.

Actually he has higher destruction I thought? It only takes like 3 hits for a door with barricade. I like him a lot. *shrugs* I tend to kill everyone most of the time still with him.

12 hours ago, Boyslovesboys said:

why did y'all not fix the glitch where when we are playing the game and the cry baby quits it ruins the game for everybody please fix this issue

That's not a glitch, it's a game function. Maybe the dedicated servers will have a game lock function that keeps people from leaving the game midmatch.

2 hours ago, AshTray900 said:

i agree, since when did actual playable game content be restricted to people who preordered the game months before it came out? i hate that Jason, however i think this whole stupid "game backer" thing is over, its time to release all DLC to people who will pay for it. Things for backers are things like fancy cases, a movie correct hockey mask etc and so forth. I bought the game for 6 systems, 4 of them are mine, ive bought all dlc for all 4 of my systems, steam, ps4, and two xbox gold accounts for multiplayer. spent about 200 dollars on it so far, people who whine that they paid for it on some obscure website until it became available on the platform stores have no standing to really say anything unless they donated like 1000 bucks etc to fund game development, i kept logging in to the different trusted game stores and tried to preorder it, however it wasn't there, not my fault. restricting content is sad, want some more funding cash, make that Jason a 20$ dlc etc, but don't block it entirely.

now for the counselor nerf issue, at first release of that patch it seemed horrible but a couple days later it wasn't bad a little sparser than i would like but its not so overabundant like it was, new map and Jason is nice, keep in mind the spawn of this things is controlled by a server and not the local client, remember rain just going away? its still there in the game code, the server just never spawns it on anymore on xbone, i would assume since the spawn points have been set in code with campsites added, this can be changed on the fly to find balance, even with the new update i still saw good jasons getting teabagged etc, just made it harder to escape and get things done, A.J. kind of best character all around IMO always dies now trying to fix cars lol. no other way to deal with traps is poor, stick weapon should be able to pop it, maybe just sound off to Jason if its popped and not slowly "disarmed". alot of bugs are due to a person in lobby with piss poor internet or a flapping connection. if i run two in my house 2 player match over 1gps wan all wired, i get like a 10ms ping and it runs butter smooth, still some exploits and code glitches exist, i did notice the window stuck glitch, and another Jason glitch he accidentally morphed or shifted behind a fence at the bridge and could not get out. some things to work out, but lets be honest, Jason will never be scary in this game, to make him scary would mean making him have the ability to just pop right down on you grab and kill with no notice ever, no people could see him etc, then the game would stagnate due to having no fun as counselors, it would be a repeat of the NES game, people would stop playing as it would be overly hard and objectives could not be completed.

I have not run this patch yet, however i think frame loss and "rubberband" isn't something a patch can fix, this is the game attempting to keep everyone in sync with one another, faster servers, letting people with poor internet drop down without effecting the entire lobby etc will solve that.

I'm not salty over the 1/30 patch, just wish pocket knife would increase a tad, or give us an alternative to deal with traps without making Jason oblivious as to what is going on without rechecking map every second. I hope they continue to fix this game and add content and don't at some point just walk away from it, i hope at the point this game has reached its crest, they work on a sequel and make it like a solid game like the ones MS makes for xbone, they captured an audience that was left long behind in the gaming world years ago.

I am sad at the state of games on xbone now, pay to play should be for phones not consoles....

He's not coming back. You can't buy him, it's talked about to death, you missed your chance. Stop beating a dead horse

xOeJM6.gif

18 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

He's not coming back. You can't buy him, it's talked about to death, you missed your chance. Stop beating a dead horse

xOeJM6.gif

i get that, i just think it is a poor move on their part and was agreeing with the other poster, it was sad that they did not allow preorders through the MS store etc, i bet they would have gotten alot more initial investment

1 hour ago, Kannon Blasphemy said:

That's not a glitch, it's a game function. Maybe the dedicated servers will have a game lock function that keeps people from leaving the game midmatch.

i say allow host jumping, if host quits they just fall out like anyone else and the engine moves the host to the next person who has the lowest ping, dedicated servers could easily do this

5 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

i get that, i just think it is a poor move on their part and was agreeing with the other poster, it was sad that they did not allow preorders through the MS store etc, i bet they would have gotten alot more initial investment

You couldn't even pre-order on PS4. You had to go to their webpage. They are a small company so they couldn't put pre-ordering up on their stores. 

5 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

i say allow host jumping, if host quits they just fall out like anyone else and the engine moves the host to the next person who has the lowest ping, dedicated servers could easily do this

They claimed that host migration would take 30-60 seconds to assign the new host and too many people would leave in that time to make it worth keeping the lobby open. Hence the decision to go for dedicated servers instead.

4 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

You couldn't even pre-order on PS4. You had to go to their webpage. They are a small company so they couldn't put pre-ordering up on their stores. 

still just a poor decision to block in IMO, and honestly, he will come out, he will come out at the end of the games lifecycle when nobody, or hardly anybody will get mad at them for losing their special Jason nobody else has, a last ditch effort to pull a little more money out of the game before they abandon it, which I hope is a long time away as this is my favorite game of all time on all consoles that is currently not long gone legacy like silent hill 2 etc

1 minute ago, AshTray900 said:

still just a poor decision to block in IMO, and honestly, he will come out, he will come out at the end of the games lifecycle when nobody, or hardly anybody will get mad at them for losing their special Jason nobody else has, a last ditch effort to pull a little more money out of the game before they abandon it, which I hope is a long time away as this is my favorite game of all time on all consoles that is currently not long gone legacy like silent hill 2 etc

He's never coming out. Not even at the end of the games life cycle 

HUJy17e.png

10 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

He's never coming out. Not even at the end of the games life cycle 

HUJy17e.png

ill believe that when I see it, the code for him is in the game, he doesn't actually get downloaded when you buy dlc, all it does is allow him to show up in your list, they say that now, but 2020 or whenever theyll use him to make more money, they said that to keep people from getting pissed that paid early, lets face it, they are always trying to keep most people happy too right now, hence people complain about this they change it, then they make more changes, trying to balance it out and please everyone, just wait, they will change their minds, or may sell the rights of the game to someone else as they move on to other things.

20 minutes ago, Truth said:

They claimed that host migration would take 30-60 seconds to assign the new host and too many people would leave in that time to make it worth keeping the lobby open. Hence the decision to go for dedicated servers instead.

they wont stop allowing private lobbies and to have one of these you have to have a host to make the selections, even if this person isn't technically a host anymore, they are the owner of the lobby, this will still have to change if they leave so the lobby does not have to be restarted

13 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

ill believe that when I see it, the code for him is in the game, he doesn't actually get downloaded when you buy dlc, all it does is allow him to show up in your list, they say that now, but 2020 or whenever theyll use him to make more money, they said that to keep people from getting pissed that paid early, lets face it, they are always trying to keep most people happy too right now, hence people complain about this they change it, then they make more changes, trying to balance it out and please everyone, just wait, they will change their minds, or may sell the rights of the game to someone else as they move on to other things.

They say it because if they did they would lose people from funding the game. Your not gonna get him or anyone else. You missed the chance to get him just move on.

10 hours ago, CoyT92 said:

Oh, yeah, you mean like in the movies, right? Where all the dumb, horny teenagers are an even match for an undead, indestructible, 7 foot tall zombie, right? 

Jason's the star of this game. As a counselor, you are a lamb to slaughter. That's just the way it is...and should be :)

if this is the approach they took, they might as well just take the game offline since only Jason would be a desirable character to play and I doubt people will keep hanging on until they are Jason in a 1/8 chance online. To make the game a successful online experience they have to make playing as a counselor fun too, if they all get slaughtered they will all just pick stealthy characters, run in all directions hide and hope Jason runs out of time then they will move on to offline play. Even though the movies everyone but 1 usually dies, if they make 90 percent matches all dead and 10 percent 1 or 2 get out, it will fall out of favor to play online, even though this game gets by on the chat mechanisms built in to keep it fun and still worth playing after you unlock everything, everyone dying all the time wont work.

with that being said the new update hasn't made it impossible to survive just more tricky, so its not like they gave them no way out, but if your idea was to make it practically impossible it would essentially kill the game and put it in a category of play it for awhile and forget it since there is no story mode or real end game that takes hours of work, I get where you are going though, making it easy for counselors to beat Jason up and get away a lot is a little bit of a stretch!

24 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

They say it because if they did they would lose people from funding the game. Your not gonna get him or anyone else. You missed the chance to get him just move on.

trust me, they wont care about who funded it years down the road, or whoever owns the rights wont, but you can think what you want, for now you are right, however when you see him out a long long way from now if you are still playing youll know...

I'm not an idiot, I know how this stuff works, its all about the money, when they can do it with nobody giving a shit, they will, and at some point nobody will care.

gun media "ben" can say anything, companies change direction and things happen.

For all we know "gun media" might not exist except in name if that years down the road, if they are offered enough for their company and the games they have created all of them might just want to go home and enjoy the easy life.

Would you expect ID games to care about what people might have gotten preordering Doom II hell on earth after it has been remastered for 2 systems and anyone who invested in it if it was created that way to really care if they still had special rights?

15 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

trust me, they wont care about who funded it years down the road, or whoever owns the rights wont, but you can think what you want, for now you are right, however when you see him out a long long way from now if you are still playing youll know...

I'm not an idiot, I know how this stuff works, its all about the money, when they can do it with nobody giving a shit, they will, and at some point nobody will care.

gun media "ben" can say anything, companies change direction and things happen.

For all we know "gun media" might not exist except in name if that years down the road, if they are offered enough for their company and the games they have created all of them might just want to go home and enjoy the easy life

You still won't be seeing it. No matter how hard you try. They said it ain't going to be given out at all.