30 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Hmm...

Composure - 8 (she seems fairly composed as she didn't scream when she saw a dead body or Jason)

Luck - 1 (She died)

Speed - 4 (Not really a sprinter)

Stamina - 5 (Why not? She's not out of shape by any means) 

Repair - 6 (Stereotype)

Stealth - 10 (She's the shy girl, so she's quiet. Anything under 8 is out of trope. If you want a repair character with high stamina & low stealth, she's not it. )

Strength - 1 (She's not athletic)

Done

@Chetork @Rexfellis

I thought she ran decently well in the chase and looked athletic enough to have above average stamina. I put her composure at 4 as she screams pretty often during her chase as well as her stealth being low she doesn't really try to hide or anything.

I didn't make her repair based off of stereotype either, it's just loosely based off her statement of her having a scholarship.

I see how you'd interpret the stats but I personally disagree as those stats would be another A.J. Mason which her character doesn't really represent.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chetork said:

I thought she ran decently well in the chase and looked athletic enough to have above average stamina. I put her composure at 4 as she screams pretty often during her chase as well as her stealth being low she doesn't really try to hide or anything.

I didn't make her repair based off of stereotype either, it's just loosely based off her statement of her having a scholarship.

I see how you'd interpret the stats but I personally disagree as those stats would be another A.J. Mason which her character doesn't really represent.

We can agree to disagree then. 

Also, when did she scream? Gasps of surprise are not screams. She only screamed when she got grabbed, which is reasonable. She was quiet upon seeing Jason and a dead body. 

It doesn't make sense to give the "shy girl" low stealth, because a person who is shy doesn't make noise, and when they do, it's very soft. They are reserved and don't put attention on themselves.

If you want someone with high speed/stamina and repair, I'd probably look for someone else who fits the stats more. 

Of course you can tweak the stats to be more different and likeable. But you have to stay true to the trope.

Composure - 8 (she seems fairly composed as she didn't scream when she saw a dead body or Jason)

Luck - 1 (She died)

Speed - 5 (Not really a sprinter)

Stamina - 5 (Why not? She's not out of shape by any means) 

Repair - 6 (Stereotype)

Stealth - 9 (She's the shy girl, so she's quiet. Anything under 8 is out of trope. If you want a repair character with high stamina & low stealth, she's not it. )

Strength - 1 (She's not athletic)

@Chetork

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Armani? said:

We can agree to disagree then. 

Also, when did she scream? Gasps of surprise are not screams. She only screamed when she got grabbed, which is reasonable. She was quiet upon seeing Jason and a dead body. 

It doesn't make sense to give the "shy girl" low stealth, because a person who is shy doesn't make noise, and when they do, it's very soft. 

If you want someone with high speed/stamina and repair, I'd probably look for someone else who fits the stats more. 

I agree she had more gasps of surprise, but when she gets out of the initial hallway and begins to scream for help which is what many of us would do, kind of takes away from her stealth as Jason could hear her direction and chase after her. I only put her composure at 4 because she has a really good composure at first seeing a dead body and doing the right thing and getting out of there, but then she seems to be controlled by panic more then anything else.

she runs out screaming for help giving away her escape direction, and goes down a staircase in a boat which would usually not be the greatest way to get out of a boat (this can be excused as she doesn't really know the path of the boat only being on it for a bit, but still going downwards while trying to escape looks more like panic)

furthermore, her composure slides even more as she reaches the disco room and spends precious time spinning in circles (probably trying to get adjusted to her surroundings) but still not the actions someone with high composure would take. She only makes a break for the doors when Jason actually arrives and once finding out they're locked she kind of gives up (something someone with high composure like the final girl wouldn't do)

also the archetype I put on her as "the shy girl" might be off you're correct. I just saw her as kind of a shy and smart girl who only found a friend in Tamara most likely because Tamara used her in the relationship (never confirmed just my own theory) like doing her homework or helping her out.

I think she'd have a high repair as repair is based off of intelligence instead of actual auto mechanical skills (Fox should have 10/10 if we're going by auto skills instead of intelligence)

she says earlier in the movie that she has a scholarship which just gives us a very basic understanding that she is intelligent enough to be given money to go to school and have above average grades.

finally, since she's friends with Tamara I think she'd have to be somewhat athletic as Tamara is the popular snobby girl and even if she is using Tamara in the relationship I doubt she'd be friends with a total loser/geek.

Just looking at Kelly Hu's physique also gives us the impression that she probably does work out and would have above average speed or stamina based on her figure alone.

in the end she's a very minor character, but I with a lot of people like her even if she didn't play a huge role. She had very basic character elements put into her so we can only infer so much on her based on our opinions. I did look through a lot of female Friday the 13h characters and none really portray the mix of intelligence and speed that I thought Eva Watanabe could be who also happened to be one of my favorite characters, so I went ahead and came up with my idea of a fixer/runner stat distribution that loosely represents her.

• Like 1

Two things: 

1. @Armani?'s build is basically A.J with minor twitches. 
2. Trying to search the sense into the movies is kind of silly at this point. Not all characters make sense. Take Chad for instance; since when the preppy boy was the best character to battle Jason? He dominates the arena in the game! That is because the attribute system is flawed and limited, there is only so much it can do. But it's still nice to have new counselors to play so it doesn't get old.

4 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

Two things: 

1. @Armani?'s build is basically A.J with minor twitches. 
2. Trying to search the sense into the movies is kind of silly at this point. Not all characters make sense. Take Chad for instance; since when the preppy boy was the best character to battle Jason? He dominates the arena in the game! That is because the attribute system is flawed and limited, there is only so much it can do. But it's still nice to have new counselors to play so it doesn't get old.

Chad has high luck because he was born with the silver spoon and is rich. The game's mechanics just makes him a good character. 

I just simply disagreed that the name "shy girl trope" would have that low of stealth. Because it contradicts the definition of shy. I would come up with a different trope name. 

But as I said, you could tweak the stats to be something a little different as long as it stays true to the trope name. 

2 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Chad has high luck because he was born with the silver spoon and is rich. The game's mechanics just makes him a good character. 

Out of simple curiosity... Who ever said that is the way it works? I might be wrong, but I think the characters were simply given basic roles to make each fun and different. Who ever said that Chad has high luck because he's rich? That's player speculation.  

Just now, Barbara Ann said:

Out of simple curiosity... Who ever said that is the way it works? I might be wrong, but I think the characters were simply given basic roles to make each fun and different. Who ever said that Chad has high luck because he's rich? That's player speculation.  

He's the Preppy Guy, so it means he's kind of privileged. 

1 minute ago, Armani? said:

He's the Preppy Guy, so it means he's kind of privileged. 

Yeah, well. Unless you prove me otherwise, that's just player speculation. 

6 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

Yeah, well. Unless you prove me otherwise, that's just player speculation. 

What other reason would they give him that high of luck?

They have to have a template to distribute points. They just don't give them out.

That said, I've decided you can take down the composure because it means nervous or timid in front of people for the definition of shy. But her stealth should be high.

My updated stats

Composure - 4

Luck - 1

Speed - 5

Stamina - 6

Repair - 7

Strength - 2

Stealth - 10

@Chetork

6 minutes ago, Armani? said:

What other reason would they give him that high of luck?

They have to have a template to distribute points. They just don't give them out.

That said, I've decided you can take down the composure because it means nervous or timid in front of people for the definition of shy. But her stealth should be high.

My updated stats

Composure - 4

Luck - 1

Speed - 5

Stamina - 6

Repair - 7

Strength - 2

Stealth - 10

@Chetork

Well I don't agree with stats like that still I think changing the archetype name would better suit Eva as she's not really as shy as I thought I'll try to think of a new archetype name.

24 minutes ago, Armani? said:

But as I said, you could tweak the stats to be something a little different as long as it stays true to the trope name. 

I'm pretty sure she tweaked the stats as she saw fit. I don't believe you have been elected to be the "final word" on counselor stats. Who are you to tell her that she is allowed to tweak your idea of the stats, as long as it fits your idea of the trope? Go play in the Reggie thread.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I'm pretty sure she tweaked the stats as she saw fit. I don't believe you have been elected to be the "final word" on counselor stats. Who are you to tell her that she is allowed to tweak your idea of the stats, as long as it fits your idea of the trope? Go play in the Reggie thread.

I'm sorry, this is a discussion. I was giving my opinion on that matter. I didn't tell her to do anything. Perhaps you should leave the thread, if you're going to be rude to other users. 

But you can't give points that contradict the trope name. That's illogical and doesn't make sense. The Devs will obviously see that. 

giphy.gif

Personally I'm over the trope thing in general. For me I don't need all of the characters to be a stereotype, I just need new faces. As long as Eva has good speed and stamina, I really don't care about the rest of her stats. =P

20 minutes ago, Chetork said:

Well I don't agree with stats like that still I think changing the archetype name would better suit Eva as she's not really as shy as I thought I'll try to think of a new archetype name.

You said above average stamina, so you take another point from composure.

Stealth - 10

Repair - 7

Stamina - 6

Speed - 6

Composure - 3

Strength - 2

Luck - 1

7 minutes ago, Armani? said:

I'm sorry, this is a discussion. I was giving my opinion on that matter.

I understand this. But, when she disagreed with what you said, you wouldn't let it go...as always. You have stated your opinion, it was disagreed with by the person who made the thread, several times. It just seems like you want to argue about everything if anyone has even a slightly different opinion. Now, I am done talking to you about this particular counselor idea, because I do not want to be part of you de-railing yet another one. You have literally argued with every user who has responded since you have. Do you see a trend here? And, when you copy someone else's GIF to try to prove your point, it is more pathetic than the drinky woman you have posted time and time again. Get your own material dude.

@Chetork I apologize for my part in this. Like I said in my original reply, I like the idea for this character. Part VIII is not my favorite Friday film, but Eva is definitely one of my favorite roles in that one.

2 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I understand this. But, when she disagreed with what you said, you wouldn't let it go...as always. You have stated your opinion, it was disagreed with by the person who made the thread, several times. It just seems like you want to argue about everything if anyone has even a slightly different opinion. Now, I am done talking to you about this particular counselor idea, because I do not want to be part of you de-railing yet another one. You have literally argued with every user who has responded since you have. Do you see a trend here? And, when you copy someone else's GIF to try to prove your point, it is more pathetic than the drinky woman you have posted time and time again. Get your own material dude.

@Chetork I apologize for my part in this. Like I said in my original reply, I like the idea for this character. Part VIII is not my favorite Friday film, but Eva is definitely one of my favorite roles in that one.

I'm not mad, you are. I'd go to another thread or just not reply to me, if you can't keep your cool.

tenor.gif

I just changed her archetype name now to "the witty girl"

she states in the film she has a science scholarship so I think it's appropriate enough for the archetype along with her looking more athletic than the girl from part 7 whom Deborah Kim is based on.

@Rexfellis, I owe you an apology for implying earlier that you had an equal part in this. Clearly I was wrong, @Armani?, has had every chance to participate in threads today. Instead he has alienated his only defender by just not stopping. Sorry, really, I was a dick.(shouldn't have called you a troll Rex.)

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@Rexfellis, I owe you an apology for implying earlier that you had an equal part in this. Clearly I was wrong, @Armani?, has had every chance to participate in threads today. Instead he has alienated his only defender by just not stopping. Sorry, really, I was a dick.(shouldn't have called you a troll Rex.)

My discussion was fine.

@Rexfellis is triggered from before and replied with flamebait.  Nowhere in this thread was there a argument, it was a discussion. I wasn't biased either. I was unbiased and adjustable to the needs of the OP under the guidelines of the trope "shy girl"

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

No worries man. It is a trend that I saw a long time ago with him, and every time he posts, it is the same thing. If anyone disagrees with me on here, we normally state our opinions, agree to disagree, and move on. He says "agree to disagree" all of the time, but then he just keeps sniping. I guess I'm just going to ignore him again. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Just now, Rexfellis said:

No worries man. It is a trend that I saw a long time ago with him, and every time he posts, it is the same thing. If anyone disagrees with me on here, we normally state our opinions, agree to disagree, and move on. He says "agree to disagree" all of the time, but then he just keeps sniping. I guess I'm just going to ignore him again. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Lol, my stats changed because I misinterpreted her composure. Apparently you can't read. 

6 minutes ago, Chetork said:

I just changed her archetype name now to "the witty girl"

she states in the film she has a science scholarship so I think it's appropriate enough for the archetype along with her looking more athletic than the girl from part 7 whom Deborah Kim is based on.

This is from, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/FridayThe13thPartVIIIJasonTakesManhattan.

Eva Watanabe

• Nice Guy: Surprising, considering her best friend is a manipulative bitch.
  • Odd Friendship: Despite being shown to be shy, kind and studious, she is best friends with the manipulative, bitchy, drug-using Tamara.
  • Those Two Guys: With her best friend Tamara

I was reading your titles for her, these are her tropes, I hope they help. As for my suggestion. I think her trope is "The Loyal Friend".

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This is from, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/FridayThe13thPartVIIIJasonTakesManhattan.

Eva Watanabe

• Nice Guy: Surprising, considering her best friend is a manipulative bitch.
  • Odd Friendship: Despite being shown to be shy, kind and studious, she is best friends with the manipulative, bitchy, drug-using Tamara.
  • Those Two Guys: With her best friend Tamara

I was reading your titles for her, these are her tropes, I hope they help. As for my suggestion. I think her trope is "The Loyal Friend".

Oh actually I love that! She really represents the loyal friend trope and only conflicts with it when Tamara goes against her morals on humanity trying to hurt someone.

Thanks so much! I'll make sure to give you credit :)

I really hope the chances of her being added to the game are good.. I don't suppose she'll be in though until they release the Lazarus, IF they release the Lazarus. But either way, I need me some Eva. She's also legit one of the prettiest girls from the films IMO. I'd have loved it had she been the final girl that movie.