Krystal

darn so the new engine is pushing back the spaceship map and roadmap stuff

Guess the new engine is to improve some technical things as well as perhaps dedicated servers stuff.  Though the game is still active as is, I think the Grendel map, next counselor, and DLC contnnt would hold interest longer than an engine update and dedicated servers. though guess dedicated servers would raise morale, except dedicated servers would still not cover hosts leaving, so lobbies still largely dependant on host connection I think.     Ah well, maybe the new engine will improve Jenny's hair.  The engine should make things better not worse.  not sure if the changes will overall be for the better. 

So the roadmap might not be back on track until perhaps May around there, well perhaps it will improve things in the long run.

Dedicated servers will remove the host entirely, this will prevent them from holding lobbies hostage. The game will no longer be dependant on the hosts connection and instead on a connection server side. While there will be a host selected to pick maps, toggle options ect it will lot close the game down as it currently does on console. I can understand how some would like content instead of what is occurring but long term this decision is best for the game. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JPops said:

Dedicated servers will remove the host entirely, this will prevent them from holding lobbies hostage. The game will no longer be dependant on the hosts connection and instead on a connection server side. While there will be a host selected to pick maps, toggle options ect it will lot close the game down as it currently does on console. I can understand how some would like content instead of what is occurring but long term this decision is best for the game. 

Agreed. 

The dry spell is going to suck but it'll be worth it in the end. 

17 minutes ago, JPops said:

A question regarding the functionality of the "host" in the dedicated server environment:

Will the host rotate each round, or will the same host pick maps and toggle options until they leave the lobby?  I would think it makes more sense to rotate on a round-by-round basis, to avoid griefing/trolling (i.e. picking the same map repeatedly), but I may be overlooking something.

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

A question regarding the functionality of the "host" in the dedicated server environment:

Will the host rotate each round, or will the same host pick maps and toggle options until they leave the lobby?  I would think it makes more sense to rotate on a round-by-round basis, to avoid griefing/trolling (i.e. picking the same map repeatedly), but I may be overlooking something.

On PC once the host leaves it puts it on another players shoulders. They can choose maps and such but once they leave the lobby is still there. On PS4 (Which I'm on) once the host leave everything you worked so hard for is now gone and the XP you earned is gone and you just start crying. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

There is no host at all. The only way a match would end is if Jason disconnected. Counselors leaving would have no bearing on the match.

Edit. You'd still have a lobby leader of sorts, but the game continuing is not dependent on them.

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

On PC once the host leaves it puts it on another players shoulders. They can choose maps and such but once they leave the lobby is still there. On PS4 (Which I'm on) once the host leave everything you worked so hard for is now gone and the XP you earned is gone and you just start crying. 

Thanks.  The loss of XP doesn't really bother me too much, because as often as a PS4 host lets me down, alcohol never does.

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

There is no host at all. The only way a match would end is if Jason disconnected. Counselors leaving would have no bearing on the match.

By "host" I meant it within the context of JP's original quote.  I realize there isn't an actual host, but as he said, one player is designated to act as a glorified "map selector"(for lack of a better term) to select options and the map.  

My question was meant to divine whether or not the pre-appointed "map selector" retained that designation after the conclusion of a match, or a new "map selector" was appointed when the lobby reloaded.

2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Thanks.  The loss of XP doesn't really bother me too much, because as often as a PS4 host lets me down, alcohol never does.

True, I've been really happy with the offline bots, I can just grind for XP to unlock skins and such lol I've kinda avoided online for awhile because of the host. It's not fun playing Jason when the host is holding the game hostage each game. Tho it's fun listening to them get all salty when you kill them 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

True, I've been really happy with the offline bots, I can just grind for XP to unlock skins and such lol I've kinda avoided online for awhile because of the host. It's not fun playing Jason when the host is holding the game hostage each game. Tho it's fun listening to them get all salty when you kill them 

I've actually left other counselors alone to tunnel the host when they've threatened to quit.  I figure I'm going to kill him or her anyways, so why make everyone else waste five or ten minutes when they're going to lose the XP anyways?  I don't take too kindly to online game threats from internet tough guys/gals, so threatening to close the lobby basically paints a big old target on your back as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

To be clear, the only option the host has in Quick Play is map selection anyways. They can't kick anyone or even toggle rain yet. 

The host can do those things in Private Matches. But in quickplay they only get control over the map. Which, funnily enough, shouldn't be the case. It should be random or a vote system.

Playing Pinehurst only for 48 hours after the patch got a little annoying. When I was host I left it on random.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I've actually left other counselors alone to tunnel the host when they've threatened to quit.  I figure I'm going to kill him or her anyways, so why make everyone else waste five or ten minutes when they're going to lose the XP anyways?  I don't take too kindly to online game threats from internet tough guys/gals, so threatening to close the lobby basically paints a big old target on your back as far as I'm concerned.

I had to kill the host one time, he had the battery and his friend had the gas, they both were gonna escape in the two seater sooo I had to end one of them. Just caught the host who was being stupid and ended him and he said "B^tch you are a c^nt and you'll always be one!" Then quit the lobby. I was happy with that. 

• Like 1

Would have been nice to see them at least add Uber Jason in before shelving everything. 

Mentioned a hot fix in a few days, curious what it will address. 

18 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I had to kill the host one time, he had the battery and his friend had the gas, they both were gonna escape in the two seater sooo I had to end one of them. Just caught the host who was being stupid and ended him and he said "B^tch you are a c^nt and you'll always be one!" Then quit the lobby. I was happy with that. 

I just gave you your 1000 like. Congrats.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't expect Uber Jason/Grendel until sometime during the fall season just being cautiously optimistic.

Once dedicated servers come. Its probably going to be more costumes, more wooded maps, etc.

2 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

I just gave you your 1000 like. Congrats.

Thanks. I didn't even know I was this close to having 1,000 likes. Party time!

3OMkA.gif

• Like 1

If we could fix Jenny's hair I'd be satisfied with this entire game :)

lol but for real the devs are working hard and a lot of people are being harsh on them. I'm all good for the wait no reason for some people to get cranky about it >_> also where is the new road map? I must have missed it.

17 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Thanks. I didn't even know I was this close to having 1,000 likes. Party time!

3OMkA.gif

Oh congratulations! Take my like Your graciousness King of the mighty Chads

Just now, Chetork said:

Oh congratulations! Take my like Your graciousness King of the mighty Chads

Thank you for the like, this pleases the King of the Chads 

u0CBicA.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Thank you for the like, this pleases the King of the Chads 

u0CBicA.gif

Ghostboy resisting the urge to use gifs

V3v2NRK.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Ghostboy resisting the urge to use gifs

V3v2NRK.gif

addiction-gif-3.gif

5 hours ago, JPops said:

PC has dedicated serves, so explain that.

6 hours ago, Krystal said:

Guess the new engine is to improve some technical things as well as perhaps dedicated servers stuff.  Though the game is still active as is, I think the Grendel map, next counselor, and DLC contnnt would hold interest longer than an engine update and dedicated servers. though guess dedicated servers would raise morale, except dedicated servers would still not cover hosts leaving, so lobbies still largely dependant on host connection I think.     Ah well, maybe the new engine will improve Jenny's hair.  The engine should make things better not worse.  not sure if the changes will overall be for the better. 

So the roadmap might not be back on track until perhaps May around there, well perhaps it will improve things in the long run.

I will except the delay. 

As long as those lvl 100+ kills are within reach (not really, life of a level 73 D:) I'll grind the game. Hopefully with my weekend schedules, ill get it when Aprl comes around. It is sad that the devs are delaying Uber and the grendel, but It will be worth it.