Sign in to follow this  
anon

game feeling stale

Does anyone else think that this game feels really stale after a while? im level 150 and feel so bored after a couple matches. Dont get me wrong i love the franchise and this game but doing the same thing over and over feels so boring, thats why i was so exited when we got the news for paranoia and so disappointed when we got the news that it was getting delayed maybe even cancelled. I love the new map and roy and the content they gave us but doing the same thing over and over gets boring after a while. I really hope they give us some new game modes something that feels refreshing in terms of gameplay.

• Like 4

yes i agree, this game imo has never been the same since the jason combat stance nerf but tbh i still enyoy playing this. when i decide to play this i keep quitting matches until i start as jason... sorry ben :( 

Unfortunately the game will be feeling stale for you until April or May now.

Hopefully single player will be out in Summer then. Maybe paranoia in Fall. 

I know what you mean though. Try getting groups in private matches that agree to change settings like turning game music off or something along those lines. This is an area where private match options would really benefit the game to feel more interesting. Players could then customize private match game modes to create their own experiences.

During the last patch, I was extremely bored with the game so I went for Jason kills instead of objectives. At least that led to some intense moments and excitement for groups.

I got this same feeling when playing WoW.  Once the new car smell wears off, the content alone isn't enough to keep me engaged.  What DOES keep me engaged is the community.  Despite the occasional toxic player, I really enjoy interacting with other players and meeting new personalities on this game.  I can't tell you how many times I've nearly fallen out of my chair laughing at some of the funniest commentary I've ever heard while playing this game.

I'm cool with waiting a couple of months for a major update, and yes, and engine update is freaking HUGE.  I also won't begrudge anyone who takes a break while Gun/Illfonic get their projects caught back up.  I hope to see many great returns in April :)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

I'm cool with waiting a couple of months for a major update, and yes, and engine update is freaking HUGE.  I also won't begrudge anyone who takes a break while Gun/Illfonic get their projects caught back up.  I hope to see many great returns in April :)

Not only do I agree, but I think a lot of people are completely underestimating how important the engine update is to the game.

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Not only do I agree, but I think a lot of people are completely underestimating how important the engine update is to the game.

Same here, looking forward to the new engine.

I know the feeling. This happens to me with pretty much any game I play, no matter how much I like the game. I try not to play any one game for too long, because that's guaranteed to make you tired of it. So what I do instead is when I start getting that bored feeling with a game, I just go play a different game for a few days until I'm either tired of that, or I have a craving to go back to first game. This works like a charm for me, and makes every game more enjoyable.

9 hours ago, Apollyon said:

yes i agree, this game imo has never been the same since the jason combat stance nerf but tbh i still enyoy playing this. when i decide to play this i keep quitting matches until i start as jason... sorry ben :( 

im not talking about nerfs im talking about more gameplay related aspects even though that is considerded one. Im talking about things like objectives and doing the same thing over and over.

6 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Unfortunately the game will be feeling stale for you until April or May now.

Hopefully single player will be out in Summer then. Maybe paranoia in Fall. 

I know what you mean though. Try getting groups in private matches that agree to change settings like turning game music off or something along those lines. This is an area where private match options would really benefit the game to feel more interesting. Players could then customize private match game modes to create their own experiences.

During the last patch, I was extremely bored with the game so I went for Jason kills instead of objectives. At least that led to some intense moments and excitement for groups.

Ive tried things like this and i guess it kinda does make in funner but idk.

3 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

i know how important updating the engine is and i know how hard it is to do the things they do. Im just saying even when we get new content its fun but doing the same thing over and over feels boring after a while of playing.

14 hours ago, anon said:

Does anyone else think that this game feels really stale after a while?

No.

4 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

No.

How much would you say you play in a week?

2 hours ago, Truth said:

How much would you say you play in a week?

Hmm. Hard to say...it varies. At least 5-10 hours a week, maybe (probably) more. I'm still under 300 hours total, which I originally thought was a lot until I saw guys posting here saying they were over 900 (!!). But as much as I love the game, I have other hobbies and a girlfriend and other things that demand my attention as well, so my playtime with the game ebbs and flows.

But I guess if I obsessively played it with every conceivable second of my spare time I'd be bored too, but that would be the case with almost any game. But I don't normally end up playing most games for 300 hours, either (actually getting to PLAY IN A VIDEO GAME AS JASON almost never gets old), so...who knows?

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

Hmm. Hard to say...it varies. At least 5-10 hours a week, maybe (probably) more. I'm still under 300 hours total, which I originally thought was a lot until I saw guys posting here saying they were over 900 (!!). But as much as I love the game, I have other hobbies and a girlfriend and other things that demand my attention as well, so my playtime with the game ebbs and flows.

But I guess if I obsessively played it with every conceivable second of my spare time I'd be bored too, but that would be the case with almost any game. But I don't normally end up playing most games for 300 hours, either (actually getting to PLAY IN A VIDEO GAME AS JASON almost never gets old), so...who knows?

Lose the hobbies and the girl, then tell me how you feel lol

We need more variety in the matches. Different cars, add a canoe and a raft as possible escapes, more variety in weapons (badminton racket, spade, etc.) and a few more defensive items (glass jar, trowel). These are items you find on summer campgrounds. There are too many of the same items and oh the same cars again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Truth said:

Lose the hobbies and the girl, then tell me how you feel lol

Nah. I like having a life. ;)

31 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Nah. I like having a life. ;)

Life is evil, come be with us with the video games. We are happy normal people! video-game-percent.gif

• Like 1

Maybe you play it too often lol this game works best when you take a few days off and play it spontaneously. At least for me ;)

5 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Its not that we play it too much its just when you keep doing the same thing in a game its gets boring. Thats why a game that has a developed story is so fun until you finish it.

13 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

I know the feeling. This happens to me with pretty much any game I play, no matter how much I like the game. I try not to play any one game for too long, because that's guaranteed to make you tired of it. So what I do instead is when I start getting that bored feeling with a game, I just go play a different game for a few days until I'm either tired of that, or I have a craving to go back to first game. This works like a charm for me, and makes every game more enjoyable.

Well said. The game was bound to get stale after a while. It's best to just take a break and come back to it later.

22 hours ago, anon said:

Does anyone else think that this game feels really stale after a while? im level 150 and feel so bored after a couple matches. Dont get me wrong i love the franchise and this game but doing the same thing over and over feels so boring, thats why i was so exited when we got the news for paranoia and so disappointed when we got the news that it was getting delayed maybe even cancelled. I love the new map and roy and the content they gave us but doing the same thing over and over gets boring after a while. I really hope they give us some new game modes something that feels refreshing in terms of gameplay.

I love this game and played it for five hours as the host yesterday. But I will admit I am pretty hardcore.

No offense but this isn't the type of game youre meant to play forever I mean I've gotten nearly 400 hours out of it and still playing. Thats value.

Yes.  I used to play a lot but now maybe one match every few days.  

As someone whose played a lot, the new Jason and map did very little.  The game still essentially plays entirely the same with some basic perks moved around. 

Each map should come with a new Hero and a new escape method.  Maybe even a new way to kill Jason based on how he died that movie. This would add variety instead of rearranged cabins and a pretty set piece.  

• Like 1

Just played a game with a friend and he had a group, all were fun, everyone had their Jason's and campers at random so we didn't know who it was, it was pretty cool. Things like this does help add a bit more fun to the game. 

5 hours ago, NScarlato said:

Each map should come with a new Hero and a new escape method.  Maybe even a new way to kill Jason based on how he died that movie. This would add variety instead of rearranged cabins and a pretty set piece.

I agree, but with how Roy was handled I don't expect much out of them anymore. 

I Know What This Game needs.

We NEED To All Ask For Specific Customizations for the game.

Vehicles From The Movies as escape vehichles.

Custom Maps and things added to old Maps.

New Charachters Based On Comics and other Friday the 13th memorbilia.