ShiftySamurai

Dedicated Servers: Updating The Engine

8 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

I like playing the game offline as Jason, online is way too toxic. All the players want to do kill Jason, while being trollish about it. I liked it better when the number one priority was surviving, it was reminiscent of the movies. I don’t remember a Friday the 13th movie that the counselors ganged up on Jason and beat the holy hell out of him.

Maybe if they did gang up on him, they wouldn't have had this problem.

I also don't remember seeing Jason morph, shift, use sense or stalk.... Or trap cars and phones. But hey. It's happening in game, right?

An excellent game, fun and entertaining, however the game requires more original content without affecting the current gameplay. On the other hand, I would like the developers to consider taking Tom Savini's Jason by means of a DLC. I sent a cordial greetings to all this great community of Friday the 13th the game. :JasonPt8:

5 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

So we can expect dedicated servers in May or June? Ugh.........

I believe that is being generous.

Going by the history of this team, my prediction is July/August.

With that said, I do appreciate @ShiftySamurai transparency.

Keep in mind pals, @ShiftySamurai is just the messenger. So don’t blame him!

To re-cap the last couple threads in here:

1. Paranoia is indefinitely back-burnered because the whole team is working on Dedicated Servers; but
  2. Dedicated Servers cannot be worked on until after the Engine Update, which will not occur until April (which we all know means August with this group of people).

So...what's the whole team working on for the foreseeable future, the Engine Update or basically nothing of substance?

Guys, you had a great idea and the game has what you might refer to as a core of fun. Last balance patch was very much a step in the right direction. But you can't be this consistently bad at basic stuff as professional game developers -- you just can't. I sincerely hope April was communicated as a way to under-promise and over-deliver for a change. You really need to roll out an Engine Update by end of month and launch console dedicated servers before the end of March. This 12 month timeline is, for lack of a kinder term, pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, kevnssanity said:

Maybe if they did gang up on him, they wouldn't have had this problem.

I also don't remember seeing Jason morph, shift, use sense or stalk.... Or trap cars and phones. But hey. It's happening in game, right?

Then you’ve never seen the movies. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Then you’ve never seen the movies. 

Don't play with me. I've watched every single one. He does not Morph/Shift/Stalk/Sense lol.

And if we're comparing to the movies, it doesn't take Tommy to kill him, as the stars of each movie have taken care of Jason after a brief struggle.

27 minutes ago, kevnssanity said:

Don't play with me. I've watched every single one. He does not Morph/Shift/Stalk/Sense lol.

And if we're comparing to the movies, it doesn't take Tommy to kill him, as the stars of each movie have taken care of Jason after a brief struggle.

Jason also doesn’t barge in on a camp fire full of counselors and start hunting them in the movies. In the movies most of the counselors are killed off before they even know he’s there. If he doesn’t have stalk, morph, shift etc. (superhuman powers) than he’s certainly no ordinary person.

I just can’t wait for single player challenges being a fan of the movie series for so long, and I want more gruesome weapon kills for the other Jason’s. I don’t want to wait until summer to have them

The only thing I wish would get "fixed" before this is the car rubber band glitch as it can be absolutely fatal to your game, but otherwise I am really pleased with this news and happy to be patient!

3 hours ago, Earmack said:

Good, but please update finally game for Xbox One X. Really tired to play in low resolution with all this edges and blur around. Thx

LOL that's gonna be one of the last things they ever do. If they even do it.

Having a read thru this forum absolutely backs up the thought that it's "hardcore fanbase" is toxic as fuck.

If anyone does anything other than kiss ass it brings out all the super fanboys to start calling others stupid names like "crybaby" or "whiner".

Fact is, Gun Media & Illphonic are working hard but for some reason this hard work is not producing a "fully functioning" product. This would not be tolerated in any other instance and should not be in this one either. Most modern game development companies strive to produce at least a fully working game before adding "bonus content". It seems the GM/Illphon teams have forgotten about that as their promises of fixes almost always lead to more glitches. They soften this disappointment by doing the only thing they can..........adding new content. Unfortunately, with that new content comes more bugs, more glitches and more complaints from people who are just trying to be honest about their experiences with this game. 

Am I a "hardcore" F13 fan? You fucking right, I am. Am I a "hardcore" gamer? Nope. Am I completely disappointed in this game? Not at all, but I am disappointed that the development teams seem more interested in throwing new content out before providing a smooth, hassle-free, game experience.

If you have time to code new maps, new Jasons, new clothes, Virtual Cabins, entirely new councilors and new kill packs............You have had time to upgrade the game engine that has not worked smoothly for a year, add dedicated servers to a game that has had connection issues for a year, add migrated hosting that has been needed since the first day, fix graphical & mechanical issues that have plagued the game since it's launch.

Do I enjoy this game? Yes. Do I enjoy that the platform I use is ALWAYS the last one to receive attention? No. Do I want a better experience? Absolutely.

But what I want more is a fully working game. Not a 78% game that keeps getting new shit. Not a 62% game that gives me new dance moves for assholes to troll people with. Give me what I paid (in advance) for and make sure it fucking works 100%........after that you can add all the Paranoia, Shellys, pocket knife, map, Jasons, Jarvis Tapes, trolling dances, floating heads, tiki torches, tuna cans, jump ropes or any goddamn thing else you desire.

Just fix the game, make it work and quit adding new bullshit until you do. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

Jason also doesn’t barge in on a camp fire full of counselors and start hunting them in the movies. In the movies most of the counselors are killed off before they even know he’s there. If he doesn’t have stalk, morph, shift etc. (superhuman powers) than he’s certainly no ordinary person.

I just can’t wait for single player challenges being a fan of the movie series for so long, and I want more gruesome weapon kills for the other Jason’s. I don’t want to wait until summer to have them

3 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Having a read thru this forum absolutely backs up the thought that it's "hardcore fanbase" is toxic as fuck.

If anyone does anything other than kiss ass it brings out all the super fanboys to start calling others stupid names like "crybaby" or "whiner".

Fact is, Gun Media & Illphonic are working hard but for some reason this hard work is not producing a "fully functioning" product. This would not be tolerated in any other instance and should not be in this one either. Most modern game development companies strive to produce at least a fully working game before adding "bonus content". It seems the GM/Illphon teams have forgotten about that as their promises of fixes almost always lead to more glitches. They soften this disappointment by doing the only thing they can..........adding new content. Unfortunately, with that new content comes more bugs, more glitches and more complaints from people who are just trying to be honest about their experiences with this game. 

Am I a "hardcore" F13 fan? You fucking right, I am. Am I a "hardcore" gamer? Nope. Am I completely disappointed in this game? Not at all, but I am disappointed that the development teams seem more interested in throwing new content out before providing a smooth, hassle-free, game experience.

If you have time to code new maps, new Jasons, new clothes, Virtual Cabins, entirely new councilors and new kill packs............You have had time to upgrade the game engine that has not worked smoothly for a year, add dedicated servers to a game that has had connection issues for a year, add migrated hosting that has been needed since the first day, fix graphical & mechanical issues that have plagued the game since it's launch.

Do I enjoy this game? Yes. Do I enjoy that the platform I use is ALWAYS the last one to receive attention? No. Do I want a better experience? Absolutely.

But what I want more is a fully working game. Not a 78% game that keeps getting new shit. Not a 62% game that gives me new dance moves for assholes to troll people with. Give me what I paid (in advance) for and make sure it fucking works 100%........after that you can add all the Paranoia, Shellys, pocket knife, map, Jasons, Jarvis Tapes, trolling dances, floating heads, tiki torches, tuna cans, jump ropes or any goddamn thing else you desire.

Just fix the game, make it work and quit adding new bullshit until you do. 

This guy gets it. I agree with everything posted. The fact that a majority of people are complimenting the developers when it's unwarranted is astounding. Stop enabling developers to take your money for a game that isn't completed.  DO NOT COMPLIMENT THEM ON A GAME THAT IS NEARLY OUT FOR A YEAR and still haven't the SAME issues. They don't care enough to hire enough people to fix the issues at hand after all the money they've made. Hell, they didn't even use their own money as the kickstarters funded it all.

I've been playing the game since launch weekend, but after the recent update I've given up hope because there's still the issue of the host leaving the room and ending the game. 

Ladies and gents, it's 2018 and there are no host migrations. Host migration has been in call of duty for as long as I can remember.

Where exactly is the money going if it's not to the improvement of the game at a reasonable pace? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ShiftySamurai Thanks for the info, but what do dedicated servers have to do with an engine update exactly? Is it a security thing?

What I don't understand is that they were already being worked on for several months supposedly, but now require this update all of a sudden. Evidently they still require so much work that all of the planned content also had to be pushed back (despite reassurances in the past). So I'm wondering what happened with all that work on the severs prior to this news. What kind of decision making is that.

Sadly I think that by the time all of it is done, there won't even be much of a playerbase left. Judging by the track record, I would not be surprised if the servers are still unfinished by 2019 or even cancelled. If they somehow get released by August, that will still have been a full year since Ben said they were close to going live. So forgive me if I'm sceptical about all this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

first Paranoia being all but confirmed for canceled and now this. I seriously love this game (i play it almost every day) but my god their handling of it is infuriating. 

8 minutes ago, Crispen_Glover said:

first Paranoia being all but confirmed for canceled and now this. I seriously love this game (i play it almost every day) but my god their handling of it is infuriating. 

Paranoia isn't confirmed canceled. It's put on hold for now. 

8 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Kinda crappy that we won't be getting any new fixes in the meantime. But I guess it'll be nice to have the game on a better engine, because it's clear this one isn't up to par.

This really has been an early access title this whole time. I've actually played early access titles with far more polish than this. So I can't really blame them for scrapping the engine.

Sigh...Gonna be a long wait for this. Not sure I'm gonna bother with this abandoned version now. 2-3 months of windows not working doesn't seem appealing.

With this announcement i have no doubts a lot of people are going to be abandoning the game for a while if not for good. I am all for big improvements but something also just don't add up. They say they started working on dedicated servers in Oct which is not true. They said they started in Aug and that they would be ready by sept, oct at the latest. Then we get radio silence on them until last week. Paranoia mode gets delayed/possibly cancelled even though they teased the mode back in oct last year and followed up with no news....again until last week. Now out of nowhere not only are dedicated servers on hold/delayed but apparently the engine needs to be updated before it can even have dedicated servers implemented? I am not knowledgeable on how dedicated servers work or how they get implemented via consoles but i don't see how the current version of unreal isn't capable of allowing them to work. So aside from that we are told that the engine update could be completed by earliest April but could take longer maybe till june possibly and only once that is done can they "start" on dedicated servers which could take them another few months. So are we looking at aug....sept...? All the while we will not see any content added or more importantly no balance and bug patches. Also on top of all this mess there is the whole Savini Jason ebay thing going on which is a whole mess of it's own. From what i can tell everytime there is some sort of crap that happens they throw a distraction our way to try to divert our attention from the bigger issue at hand. Not this time, there is just too much going on that affects the entire community, not to mention this being a crowdfunded game that we all took a risk on by backing it because of our love for the franchise and this is how we are all rewarded for us taking a chance on them. I am honestly just befuddled at the way they have handled this game since launch and how they have treated the community. I love the game but i don't know how much more bullshit i can be force-fed.

• Like 1

You guys are acting like 2 or 3 months to fix the games biggest issue is going to ruin the game. GTFOH. If anything this game is going to go strong for another 2 years. Just because you want to cry about the wait, doesnt mean you should spread false information to make yourself feel better.

1 minute ago, LeDunk 6 said:

You guys are acting like 2 or 3 months to fix the games biggest issue is going to ruin the game. GTFOH. If anything this game is going to go strong for another 2 years. Just because you want to cry about the wait, doesnt mean you should spread false information to make yourself feel better.

Did you even read my post? Nothing in there is false information, all of it is accurate. You are misguided in your judgement of people complaining about a 2-3 month wait time. I implore you to re-read my post for a more accurate break down of time frames and detail.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

With this announcement i have no doubts a lot of people are going to be abandoning the game for a while if not for good. I am all for big improvements but something also just don't add up. They say they started working on dedicated servers in Oct which is not true. They said they started in Aug and that they would be ready by sept, oct at the latest. Then we get radio silence on them until last week. Paranoia mode gets delayed/possibly cancelled even though they teased the mode back in oct last year and followed up with no news....again until last week. Now out of nowhere not only are dedicated servers on hold/delayed but apparently the engine needs to be updated before it can even have dedicated servers implemented? I am not knowledgeable on how dedicated servers work or how they get implemented via consoles but i don't see how the current version of unreal isn't capable of allowing them to work. So aside from that we are told that the engine update could be completed by earliest April but could take longer maybe till june possibly and only once that is done can they "start" on dedicated servers which could take them another few months. So are we looking at aug....sept...? All the while we will not see any content added or more importantly no balance and bug patches. Also on top of all this mess there is the whole Savini Jason ebay thing going on which is a whole mess of it's own. From what i can tell everytime there is some sort of crap that happens they throw a distraction our way to try to divert our attention from the bigger issue at hand. Not this time, there is just too much going on that affects the entire community, not to mention this being a crowdfunded game that we all took a risk on by backing it because of our love for the franchise and this is how we are all rewarded for us taking a chance on them. I am honestly just befuddled at the way they have handled this game since launch and how they have treated the community. I love the game but i don't know how much more bullshit i can be force-fed.

Your whole post is just a bunch of crying BS. I bet you rage quit when you are the host and get killed 1st or 2nd.

2 minutes ago, LeDunk 6 said:

I dont think your getting it. Were 2 months and thats if they are on time for the release of an update that will allow them to focus on servers again. They didnt say 2 month and were getting dedicated servers. Its 2 months and were getting an update to the game engine. 

• Like 1

Just now, LeDunk 6 said:

Your whole post is just a bunch of crying BS. I bet you rage quit when you are the host and get killed 1st or 2nd.

Actually i don't rage quit at all. Also i hate to burst your infantile bubble but what i was doing was not crying, it was stating facts. Something which clearly has gone far and above your head. Either that or reading and comprehending it all was far to hard for you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

I dont think your getting it. Were 2 months and thats if they are on time for the release of an update that will allow them to focus on servers again. They didnt say 2 month and were getting dedicated servers. Its 2 months and were getting an update to the game engine. 

The proper break down is this.

Aug 2017 - we were told that they were working on dedicated servers and that they would be ready by sept at the earliest or oct at the latest. We then heard nothing since then until last week.

Jan 2018 - we are now told that they need to update the engine before they can even work on dedicated servers so by their words, at the earliest we are looking at April but it could be longer. Once that is done then they will start on dedicated servers which could take another several months.So there is a possibility that we could be looking at from the original time frame they gave us regarding dedicated servers to this new time frame that it could be almost a whole year from then till when they might arrive.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LeDunk 6 said:

So people acting like 2-3 months to fix a game that has been broken since it's launch a year ago (but has had 4 Paid DLC's and several FREE content updates) is them "crying about waiting"? 

I've said nothing that isn't true. I've said nothing that is a lie. I've stated nothing more than FACTS. 1) A fully working game SHOULD come before DLC. 2) Patches & Bug Fixes SHOULD be the priority. 3) All the time GM & Illphonic have used to add content this passed year SHOULD have been used to fix issues they knew about on launch day. 4) This community is full of ass kissers who troll people who have anything other than "smooch smooch" for the developers.

18 minutes ago, LeDunk 6 said:

7 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

So people acting like 2-3 months to fix a game that has been broken since it's launch a year ago (but has had 4 Paid DLC's and several FREE content updates) is them "crying about waiting"? 

I've said nothing that isn't true. I've said nothing that is a lie. I've stated nothing more than FACTS. 1) A fully working game SHOULD come before DLC. 2) Patches & Bug Fixes SHOULD be the priority. 3) All the time GM & Illphonic have used to add content this passed year SHOULD have been used to fix issues they knew about on launch day. 4) This community is full of ass kissers who troll people who have anything other than "smooch smooch" for the developers.

I assure you, that guy has bigger problems than being an ass kisser or a troll. He clearly shows anger issues, immaturity and accuses people of things that are not only not true but i bet are a reflection of himself.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Actually i don't rage quit at all. Also i hate to burst your infantile bubble but what i was doing was not crying, it was stating facts. Something which clearly has gone far and above your head. Either that or reading and comprehending it all was far to hard for you

Don't feed the troll. Just ignore him. 

We know what we're talking about when we bring up issues that should have been addressed months ago. The game is on its way straight downhill, and I don't think our complaints will do anything to fix it. Gun Media and Illfonic clearly don't care about their only success so far 

• Like 1