Jump to content
ShiftySamurai

Dedicated Servers: Updating The Engine

Recommended Posts

Hi, don't know if it's the right place to discuss it, but...

Since the update I'm getting a lot of " Game Security Violation Detected (#00000001)" crashes, more than before...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

Hi, don't know if it's the right place to discuss it, but...

Since the update I'm getting a lot of " Game Security Violation Detected (#00000001)" crashes, more than before...

Are you using some software to cheat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Truth said:

Are you using some software to cheat?

It could be that or something he uses to record the game on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

It could be that or something he uses to record the game on. 

I guess that would also make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Truth said:

I guess that would also make sense.

I've heard OBS can trigger things like this. I'm not 100% but I heard players who use OBS on Destiny 2 on PC can get banned (Unless that changed xD)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet, I love it! Any chances Jenny will get a visual improvement to make her look like she should? 

i1kQpmg.jpg

...Just... Saaaaaaying~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

Sweet, I love it! Any chances Jenny will get a visual improvement to make her look like she should? 

i1kQpmg.jpg

...Just... Saaaaaaying~

That's just concept art. If we went by that, Tiffany would be ugly af

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call me crazy but for server hot fix would it not be possible to create an invisible 8th player slot (Call it Pamela2746284250673 or something) and hook that mofo up to a dedicated server and have all in game players hooked up to the Pamela of that lobby? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

That's just concept art. If we went by that, Tiffany would be ugly af

Yeah but Tiffany looks just fine. And Jenny looks weird af, hah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The balance of the game is good for me today, the biggest problem is the performance that is bad and this was always the biggest criticism.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

Sweet, I love it! Any chances Jenny will get a visual improvement to make her look like she should? 

i1kQpmg.jpg

...Just... Saaaaaaying~

Please Please Please for the love of all that is right in the world

 

Put Jenny's model at number one on priorities ;-; <3 need more love for the final girl trope man after all they're usually the only ones to make it out alive.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2018 at 9:12 PM, kevnssanity said:

Don't play with me. I've watched every single one. He does not Morph/Shift/Stalk/Sense lol.

And if we're comparing to the movies, it doesn't take Tommy to kill him, as the stars of each movie have taken care of Jason after a brief struggle.

Then you are lying about watching all the movies, because the only person in the movies that ever killed Jason was Tommy Jarvis , half the people on this board are haven’t seen or know any facts about the movies, you are just another gamer who thinks this game is about winning, it’s people like you that Gunn has catered to which is why the game is so fucked up right now.

they won’t put the game back to what it was in October because off whiners like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will you *finally* add key rebinding as you been promising since April *LAST YEAR?!* ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2018 at 10:16 AM, NytmereZ said:

Then you are lying about watching all the movies, because the only person in the movies that ever killed Jason was Tommy Jarvis , half the people on this board are haven’t seen or know any facts about the movies, you are just another gamer who thinks this game is about winning, it’s people like you that Gunn has catered to which is why the game is so fucked up right now.

they won’t put the game back to what it was in October because off whiners like you.

On 2/10/2018 at 10:16 AM, NytmereZ said:

Don't play with me. I've watched every single one. He does not Morph/Shift/Stalk/Sense lol.

And if we're comparing to the movies, it doesn't take Tommy to kill him, as the stars of each movie have taken care of Jason after a brief struggle.

They have to make Jason's super human abilities which are not explored from Jason's perspective in the movies, but are OBVIOUS into a game.

There are plenty of references in the movies to Jason having "senses", teleportation, stalk ability, regeneration, immortality, etc.

 

As for Tommy being the only one who "killed" Jason that is arguable.

It is more arguable that Jason was NEVER KILLED.   

He never even died in a drowning in Crystal Lake much less the puny methods of our heroes in the moves.

He was injured and beaten up.   He was chopped via machete in Pt4 by young Tommy Jarvis and put into

a coffin where he was dormant not dead.  Even the music in pt6 before the lightening strike implies Jason is

aware Tommy is there and *alive*.

Jason was revived by Tommy in Pt6 via a lightning rod and bolt of lightening.

So Tommy arguably made Jason not only fully immortal but *stronger* through his actions.

 

In Pt9 he is blown to bits and *still* he is alive...   Like other immortal villains Jason is not able to be killed.

He can be hurt and become dormant but not killed.

 

*EDIT* there is something wrong with the quote system of the forum.  It put wrong name above for the 2nd quote should be quote of:

  On 2/5/2018 at 9:12 PM, kevnssanity said:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can just picture Shifty announcing: "We are very sorry for the inconvenience but Paranoia will be released sometime between mid-October and late December of 2018. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

I can just picture Shifty announcing: "We are very sorry for the inconvenience but Paranoia will be released sometime between mid-October and late December of 2018. :)

Yeah I see that happening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yeah I see that happening 

That's assuming they don't just cancel it completely. I don't see why they would even mention the possibility of canceling it unless it was very likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Truth said:

That's assuming they don't just cancel it completely. I don't see why they would even mention the possibility of canceling it unless it was very likely.

That is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2018 at 1:34 PM, GHR1227 said:

They have to make Jason's super human abilities which are not explored from Jason's perspective in the movies, but are OBVIOUS into a game.

There are plenty of references in the movies to Jason having "senses", teleportation, stalk ability, regeneration, immortality, etc.

 

As for Tommy being the only one who "killed" Jason that is arguable.

It is more arguable that Jason was NEVER KILLED.   

He never even died in a drowning in Crystal Lake much less the puny methods of our heroes in the moves.

He was injured and beaten up.   He was chopped via machete in Pt4 by young Tommy Jarvis and put into

a coffin where he was dormant not dead.  Even the music in pt6 before the lightening strike implies Jason is

aware Tommy is there and *alive*.

Jason was revived by Tommy in Pt6 via a lightning rod and bolt of lightening.

So Tommy arguably made Jason not only fully immortal but *stronger* through his actions.

 

In Pt9 he is blown to bits and *still* he is alive...   Like other immortal villains Jason is not able to be killed.

He can be hurt and become dormant but not killed.

 

*EDIT* there is something wrong with the quote system of the forum.  It put wrong name above for the 2nd quote should be quote of:

  On 2/5/2018 at 9:12 PM, kevnssanity said:

 

Dude he was dead, he came back to life via lighting bolt, just as Frankenstein was brought to life , the director of part 6 openly talks about this.

also using part  9 as an example doesn’t hold much water, the whole movie was a mess that screwed up the whole mythology, the director was  was an idiot who was bringing people coffe before he kissed ass to be a part of that shit film....... yea Jason had a sister..... hahahaha !!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/02/2018 at 10:01 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

In October 2017, we announced that we would begin working on updating the Friday the 13th: The Game to the latest version of the Unreal Engine. This update will allow us to address many problems that negatively impact game performance as well as fix bugs that can’t be fixed otherwise. It’s also absolutely required for us to continue working on Dedicated Servers for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game.

We estimate that the integration of the new engine will be completed, at the earliest, sometime in April. The nature of this update means that there will be no regular patches until it is released. Upgrading the engine means touching every piece of content in the game, updating new content that is being created, and needing to retest all core features and gameplay balance to make sure they are not affected.With the release of the latest balance and bug fix patches, we’re now able to transition the full team to working on this upgrade. We will be posting regular news updates on our fixes as well as our plans for future changes throughout this process.

We look forward to all of your feedback and we’re all very excited for the future of Friday the 13th: The Game! Thank you all for your patience and continued support!

 

What will updating the engine change or improve? (Please keep in mind that we will have more specifics closer to release)

  • Potential for physics improvements and fixes for vehicles, ragdolls, hair, and more
  • Better performance on all platforms
  • Required support for Dedicated Servers on the Xbox One and Playstation 4
  • Fixes for long standing issues that will be automatically resolved by moving to the new engine version

 

Will the Dedicated Servers for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 be released with the engine update patch?
No. The engine update patch is, however, a critical component in getting Dedicated Servers functioning on consoles, and is absolutely required for us to get there. Unfortunately, that does mean that our focus has to be on the update first - so we’ll need to wait until that’s wrapping up to start estimating the work remaining to get to Dedicated Servers, and provide you with that information.

 

How does this affect the current Road Map?
Following the release of Jason Part 5 and Pinehurst, the content on the roadmap from November will be delayed while we focus on engine updates and prepare for dedicated servers. We’ll be communicating regularly with everyone about the engine change and the content affected by it, as well as teasing new content during this period. We will not be creating a new roadmap until we’re at a point where we’re comfortable with the dates involved - we want to make sure that when we tell you something is coming, you can count on it.

Will he allow to run at 60 FPS too or will he stay at 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really hoping the dedicated servers for consoles will eradicate the host leaving issue.

I'm off work today, played a round of Offline, then -- since none of my friends are playing now -- tried some QuickPlay.

THREE TIMES now, the game starts and immediately ends because the host quits because he isn't Jason.

Half an hour wasted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cokeyskunk It should help.

Another thing I hope this fixes is wait times/bugs in the lobby. Just realized I've been searching the forums for at least 5 minutes and nobody has joined my quick play lobby...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited for dedicated servers, I hate losing my pips because the killer d/c's because he's butthurt that we did some speed repair. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×