Jump to content
ShiftySamurai

Dedicated Servers: Updating The Engine

Recommended Posts

Just now, Thor_Bjarnason said:

He only dies once, actually. In Part IV. Other than that, he either only gets incapacitated. And in Part VI he is actually undead, which makes it impossible for him to die. *nitpick*

either way, it was the end of the movie, and he died. Part 2 was defeated by the chick who impersonated his mom. Part 3 lost to movie Jenny. Part 4 lost to Tommy. etc. even Part 9 get bodied in the beginning of the movie by a damn gun team. So yes, it is about killing Jason lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Do you guys think we're going to receive that "realistic" animation that we had in the beta? I said this wayyy too many times.

lol. I honestly don't know. this game's on a downward spiral, man. We probably have all invested over 300+ hours but it was fun while it lasted

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kevnssanity said:

lol. I honestly don't know. this game's on a downward spiral, man. We probably have all invested over 300+ hours but it was fun while it lasted

I've invested more than a few months on this game, been playing it non-stop. I'm messed up..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

I've invested more than a few months on this game, been playing it non-stop. I'm messed up..

Same. I've been playing since May 28th. I got it 2 days after launch.... when it was unplayable but held out until now haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kevnssanity said:

either way, it was the end of the movie, and he died. Part 2 was defeated by the chick who impersonated his mom. Part 3 lost to movie Jenny. Part 4 lost to Tommy. etc. even Part 9 get bodied in the beginning of the movie by a damn gun team. So yes, it is about killing Jason lol

Killing Jason is supposed to be an incredibly difficult thing that only a very well coordinated team can pull off. Period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We have a hot fix style patch that will be scheduled for release soon, we’re hoping a day or two, to fix some issues. 

Can you please add things like this to the OP. This isn't just you, but a lot of important things get lost within the thread when you (or any other dev) just reply to a single comment. I only knew about the hotfix because someone else brought it up on another thread and directed me here to find this quote. I find there's always at least one important thing you guys say (in response to another comment) that just gets lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ll post important news to its own topic when it’s coming out. Courier just put up the big fix notes and the patch should be hitting all platforms. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We’ll post important news to its own topic when it’s coming out. Courier just put up the big fix notes and the patch should be hitting all platforms. 

Today, tomorrow, a month from now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We’ll post important news to its own topic when it’s coming out. Courier just put up the big fix notes and the patch should be hitting all platforms. 

Yeah I noticed that right after I posted...

This is just one example though. I know there have been several occasions. It's really not that big of a deal, I just don't like missing out.

@BrokenFattHardy he was responding to my post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5.2.2018 at 10:04 PM, Armani👑 said:

Nice, looking forward to a flawless experience in Jason X's map

HotOblongAmurminnow-max-1mb.gif

 

FACTS

 

and people complaining some of them got like 1000 hours logged on this game and here they are complaining about 2 months without updates for huge amounts of content, learn to take a break from something DAM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, senote said:

Wow, maybe read your responses on this thread and take your own advice.

This was a simple misunderstanding, that was ANOTHER person DEMANDING Savini. I was (mostly) joking when I told you to "go away". I don't know if you've heard about all this, but there is some sketchy shit going on with the Savini codes on ebay which you can read about here if you're interested:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/16511-meanwhile-on-reddit-part-2/

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Truth said:

As he stated, that important news is out.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/16729-patch-notes-020618/

No need to be a dick about it. Simple misunderstanding.

I know how to read, and knew the notes were released, @Truth. My question was in regard to when the patch would be released seeing as how the dude was pretty vague about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

I know how to read, and knew the notes were released, @Truth. My question was in regard to when the patch would be released seeing as how the dude was pretty vague about that.

Got it. According top their twitter, it's already out. Usually when they post the patch notes is when it's active.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Truth said:

This was a simple misunderstanding, that was ANOTHER person DEMANDING Savini. I was (mostly) joking when I told you to "go away". I don't know if you've heard about all this, but there is some sketchy shit going on with the Savini codes on ebay which you can read about here if you're interested:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/16511-meanwhile-on-reddit-part-2/

Fair enough, and I do understand your frustration, I've seen all the people tweeting "will Savini be available again" which get's boring, but also the ones who just ask for or demand codes, the ones who pretend they lost theirs etc.

 

I missed out on the kickstarters, and the accidental release, but I'm okay with it because i'd honestly be disappointed if they did release it, it annoys me all these exclusive rewards that stay exclusive for 5 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, senote said:

Fair enough, and I do understand your frustration, I've seen all the people tweeting "will Savini be available again" which get's boring, but also the ones who just ask for or demand codes, the ones who pretend they lost theirs etc.

I missed out on the kickstarters, and the accidental release, but I'm okay with it because i'd honestly be disappointed if they did release it, it annoys me all these exclusive rewards that stay exclusive for 5 minutes.

Yeah there's usually at least 1 new thread about it every week.

I missed out on the kickstarter, but I got it when it was leaked on xbox. I have my selection set to random Jason, so I never even use it unless I'm playing against bots. I was happy to get it, but I feel like me using it is a slap in the face to the people who actually backed the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kevnssanity said:

either way, it was the end of the movie, and he died. Part 2 was defeated by the chick who impersonated his mom. Part 3 lost to movie Jenny. Part 4 lost to Tommy. etc. even Part 9 get bodied in the beginning of the movie by a damn gun team. So yes, it is about killing Jason lol

Part IV and Part VI both lost to Tommy, with Part IV being the only Jason to actually get killed after being unmasked. Also Ginny's Pamela cosplay is the only thing that stops the merciless killer at least momentarily.  Therefore alone it's a logical concept to defeat Jason with Tommies help after unmasking and using the "sweater stun". It's a combination of multiple "canon" ways to defeat Jason.

10 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

and people complaining some of them got like 1000 hours logged on this game and here they are complaining about 2 months without updates for huge amounts of content, learn to take a break from something DAM

Well, most people complaining, whether they have 50, 100 or a 1000 hours, criticize the whole way the dedicated servers thing has been handled from the start. While some are reacting way too harsh and uncivil for my liking, the last official statement regarding dedicated servers up until February 5th 2018 was basically that 'dedicated servers for consoles won't quite be done by the end of September, but by the end of October probably.' It is NOT an exact quote.

Now there is a statement that the game will need an engine update first. This will take at least two months. Thereafter, and only thereafter, dedicated servers will be in the works. Those will take time aswell. If those statements re: engine update were already made in October, they flew under the radar of at least 95 % of forum users. And those statements - as of now - mean two months at the very least with NO ONE. WORKING. ON. UPDATES. It doesn't mean there will be an update in April. 

Nobody criticizes the engine update and its - possible - improvements of the game. Nobody is criticizing the work on dedicated servers and certainly no console player is mad about their prioritization. The point is, that the last statement regarding this issue was back in August and nobody in the community remembers anything about updating game engines etc. There are mentions of engine updates in an October patch topic, but no mention of either neccessity or a two month halt needed for everything else. The worst thing about it is that Shifty is doing a great job telling us what is up and now basically catches the backlash for stuff that happened before he was here.

I personally think, as a PS 4 player, that host dcs is what hurts the experience most as a player. I love the game and I think mechanic-wise it's at the best it has been at in many months. For me it's in a state which it can be at for an extended time period. Still, I understand dissatisfaction with the way the companies communicated regarding the dedicated server issues. As of right now, the statement seems to fall into "quite little and quite late" category, I'm holding out on my judgement if I have to replace "quite" with "too".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ShiftySamurai

In your OP you say you will be teasing new content in the coming months. I strongly suggest not repeating past mistakes and only teasing things where you internally know the exact release date (or the closest approximation taking certification into account).

My goal isn't to dump on you guys here but releasing a trailer for Paranoia, with no release date, and then possibly cancelling the mode is a chapter from How to Kill a Fanbase for Dummies. I get you guys want so share stuff but try not to feed us anymore "Soon"/"Coming Soon" lines attached to content teases.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

@ShiftySamurai

In your OP you say you will be teasing new content in the coming months. I strongly suggest not repeating past mistakes and only teasing things where you internally know the exact release date (or the closest approximation taking certification into account).

My goal isn't to dump on you guys here but releasing a trailer for Paranoia, with no release date, and then possibly cancelling the mode is a chapter from How to Kill a Fanbase for Dummies. I get you guys want so share stuff but try not to feed us anymore "Soon"/"Coming Soon" lines attached to content teases.

No offense taken. This is a fair point about our previous reveal-through-release performance. Our goal from now until the upgraded engine update is to only show things that will be available in that same update. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

No offense taken. This is a fair point about our previous reveal-through-release performance. Our goal from now until the upgraded engine update is to only show things that will be available in that same update. 

Will the new counselor have a trailer or no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Our goal from now until the upgraded engine update is to only show things that will be available in that same update. 

That sounds like a better plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×