ShiftySamurai

Dedicated Servers: Updating The Engine

let's be honest people saying 2 months that the earliest, and they have never never gotten anything done at the earliest, so it wont be at the start of April, probably not even April at all, and really the game hasn't improved much from the launch other than not dashboarding every 5 games. so a year maybe plus for a really improved game is crap

20 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

@ShiftySamurai Are you able to provide us with what the hotfix will, well..fix. Hoping on at least fixing the car rubber banding issue, Part 5's music, and Tiffany's bugged ring, plz 😊

We’re finalizing the notes to make sure what we post is accurate, but I think Courier is putting the notes up tomorrow (approx 4pm EST if everything goes to plan).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That explains the glitches, gun / illfonic probably did all they could do to fix them but the engine was at its peak! And this sounds like a tedious pain in the add to go through and move everything to the new engine... 

thanks guys can't wait!

• Confused 2

21 minutes ago, KushAstronaut said:

They need to roll back the “balance” patch before they start on this. I don’t know how it is on PC yet, but I was just in a tournament on PS4 where the goal was to kill Jason, but that’s next to impossible with a halfway decent player now.

There are plenty of threads discussing the changes in the patch where you can state how you feel about it. Some examples are: Here and here and here. There are also others. I don't think this is the place to bring it up. You will find plenty of other threads talking about it and plenty of (sometimes heated) opinions on both sides. Just try not to get into a flame war, that will just get the thread(s) locked.

2 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

What will updating the engine change or improve? (Please keep in mind that we will have more specifics closer to release)

• Fixes for long standing issues that will be automatically resolved by moving to the new engine version

Such as...? Seriously, either you know what they are and should name them, or you're talking out of your ass.

If it's the latter, just say so already. The language for which you were probably groping on this point was: 'The new engine version may fix some stuff, but we have no idea what, much less why/how it would fix it...here's hoping, though!"

2 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

we want to make sure that when we tell you something is coming, you can count on it.

Something new and different! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Paranoia delayed to God knows when and now no new content till April (IF we actually have something new in April)... Yey?

tumblr_ns8sve21La1tq4of6o1_400.gif

51 minutes ago, KushAstronaut said:

They need to roll back the “balance” patch before they start on this. I don’t know how it is on PC yet, but I was just in a tournament on PS4 where the goal was to kill Jason, but that’s next to impossible with a halfway decent player now.

What was the name of your team in the PS4 tournament? 

2 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

So we can expect dedicated servers in May or June? Ugh.........

I wouldn't get your hopes up for them to appear in 2018 - hell at this point I wouldn't expect them to turn up ever! SMH :( 

This is a company whose definition of 'soon' = 5 - 8 Months +  

@ShiftySamurai Thank you, for the detailed information! It's a process, I understand that. I've been here, through all of the ups/downs...along with many others. Hopefully, everything goes well! Thanks again Daniel! Much appreciated! 🤘

..It's almost a year later and this isn't done. No one watches this game on twitch anymore. There's nothing ground breaking to draw anyone in. It's pretty pointless at this stage. I hope your development team has learned from this project if you guys manage another snag another hit. 

49 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

That explains the glitches, gun / illfonic probably did all they could do to fix them but the engine was at its peak! And this sounds like a tedious pain in the add to go through and move everything to the new engine... 

thanks guys can't wait!

:lol:

1 hour ago, KushAstronaut said:

The game shouldn’t cater to noobs. It should take skill to be Jason. Otherwise, anyone who does have skill is going to overwhelm and destroy the lobby every single match and it won’t be fun.

I understand that Jason was OP in the movies, but this is a game, and in order for a game to be fun you have to have a chance. 

Listen to your high level players. Everyone I’ve talked to on PS4 over level 100 hates this update.  The game moves slower, there are no knives to disarm traps, Jason can grab you from a mile away, etc. It’s not fun to try to kill Jason anymore. Yea, it was ok to weaken the counselors a little bit (key words), but everything together makes being a counselor no fun.

I honestly feel bad when I’m Jason because I wipe out the whole game and cause everyone to rage quit.

When your entire complaint is that it's no longer easy to kill Jason 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, KushAstronaut said:

The game shouldn’t cater to noobs. It should take skill to be Jason. Otherwise, anyone who does have skill is going to overwhelm and destroy the lobby every single match and it won’t be fun.

I understand that Jason was OP in the movies, but this is a game, and in order for a game to be fun you have to have a chance. 

Listen to your high level players. Everyone I’ve talked to on PS4 over level 100 hates this update.  The game moves slower, there are no knives to disarm traps, Jason can grab you from a mile away, etc. It’s not fun to try to kill Jason anymore. Yea, it was ok to weaken the counselors a little bit (key words), but everything together makes being a counselor no fun.

I honestly feel bad when I’m Jason because I wipe out the whole game and cause everyone to rage quit.

That's exactly what they did with the last patch, the game is back to normal now.

• Thanks 1

How about more exclusive kills for the Jason’s. Does that mean we have to wait for them too? It’s pretty dumb having 6 weapon kills for 2 Jason’s and the rest with only 3

Thanks for the update @ShiftySamurai, really looking forward to what the engine update may bring (if it includes fixes/graphics updates/etc. or even if it just makes way for dedicated servers).

11 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

How about more exclusive kills for the Jason’s. Does that mean we have to wait for them too? It’s pretty dumb having 6 weapon kills for 2 Jason’s and the rest with only 3

If this is your biggest gripe about the game right now, I think they're doing just fine.

18 minutes ago, SgtNudyPants said:

Awesome!!! Keep up the good work guys. You all are doing a phenomenal job. 

stop condoning this nonsense. It's been almost a year and nothing is done lol

• Like 1

This is make me happy but the update roadmap will be delayed make me sad or upset about it cuz it’s important to get some new content but i am happy cuz y’all fix buggy, glitchy, dedicated server and when the host left their will be new host and make me happy n i am excited for next content mostly the paranoia maybe and single player challenge/ story mode!!!!

Good, but please update finally game for Xbox One X. Really tired to play in low resolution with all this edges and blur around. Thx

Wow.  Reading between the lines on recent posts mixed with their history.  This puts an engine upgrade into April at best, but we should expect May orJune based on history, if even then imo.  I’m calling it right now, if we ever see dedicated servers it will be summer or fall.  Paranoia is likely cancelled instead of delayed, and dedicated servers actually showing up just got a lot more dicey.  I expect more content to launch eventually since they can monetize it if they want.  But dedicated and or paranoia I’m doubting.  By the time they are in a position to really work on them I’m guessing the game is no longer producing enough income to continue.

wont change the fact the game was a success and I had a blast with if for a decent amount of time.  Just sucks that this seems to be the beginning of the end to me without it reaching its original full potential.

1 hour ago, FART_SMUCKER said:

Two words: Can't Wait
EDIT: *Three

zZg3V58.gifanigif_original-grid-image-3188-14933063MMSDVFo.gif

I like playing the game offline as Jason, online is way too toxic. All the players want to do kill Jason, while being trollish about it. I liked it better when the number one priority was surviving, it was reminiscent of the movies. I don’t remember a Friday the 13th movie that the counselors ganged up on Jason and beat the holy hell out of him.

• Like 1

I like playing the game offline as Jason, online is way too toxic. All the players want to do kill Jason, while being trollish about it. I liked it better when the number one priority was surviving, it was reminiscent of the movies. I don’t remember a Friday the 13th movie that the counselors ganged up on Jason and beat the holy hell out of him.

1 hour ago, Tiffany said:

Thanks for the update @ShiftySamurai, really looking forward to what the engine update may bring (if it includes fixes/graphics updates/etc. or even if it just makes way for dedicated servers).

If this is your biggest gripe about the game right now, I think they're doing just fine.