ShiftySamurai

Dedicated Servers: Updating The Engine

3 minutes ago, 2moar said:

they should have just released all this info last week, but i guess they wanted to see the playerbase maybe rise a bit with the new map and jason, before seeing the drop this will cause, kind of shady to me. along with the savini stuff,  i'm like :unsure:

Reading a lot of your responses, you seem to think everything Gun and Illfonic do is shady. And why are you bringing up the Savini stuff again. You made your opinion well known in that other thread. You just sound like a conspiracy theorist that is never happy no matter what happens with this game. That's at least what I see all of your posts that I've read leaning towards.

Just now, Charlie Chainsaw said:

None of this makes any sense. The engine had no affect on dedicated servers. And vice versa. 

Par for the course.

• Like 1

Well I understand the importance of dedicated servers, but 2-3 months without content? Ugh...

And Paranoia just seems likes it's on borrowed time. Good to receive news, but depressing to read at the same time.

1 minute ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Well I understand the importance of dedicated servers, but 2-3 months without content? Ugh...

And Paranoia just seems likes it's on borrowed time. Good to receive news, but depressing to read at the same time.

Same with Single Player. 

yeah at this point i'm learning towards them cancelling paranoia mode sadly, was really looking forward to that injection of something new and fun 

Still no key remapping on PC. Yet to play more than 20 hours since release because i'm left handed. Thanks.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

Maybe I could have worded it better. I was suggesting that we got Part 5 and Pinehurst to distract/soften the blow of the back to back bad news of Paranoia delay and no updates until April. 

Nope. Those pieces of content were well within the pipeline. They're the reason why we were waiting for fixes for so long. That stuff HAD to be squeezed into that patch. It wasn't an after thought or apology by any stretch.

"When is a patch gonna come out to fix *insert issue*?"

- "Whenever the next bit of content is ready to go."

They don't release patches solely for fixes. Although I guess that's about to change because there's a "hotfix" on the way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

No it won't, PC has dedicated servers.

The intent is to use them to eventually solve the problem.

seems like the hotfix patch is going to fix the part 5 music and not much else

10 minutes ago, 2moar said:

yeah at this point i'm learning towards them cancelling paranoia mode sadly, was really looking forward to that injection of something new and fun 

I think it's important to remember the reason it has been delayed/possibly cancelled is because it was becoming apparent during the design process that the game mode would not be "fun". There's no point in them releasing something for the hell of it if it's just doesn't "work" they way they were intending from early designs. .

10 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Still no key remapping on PC. Yet to play more than 20 hours since release because i'm left handed. Thanks.

I'm left handed too. I hate to say it, and it sucks for us lefties, but you have to adapt to a right-handed world.  I have learned to use the right handed mouse and keyboard combinations. Actually, other than writing, playing the guitar, and playing drums, I do most things right handed. I would still love to be able to change the keyboard mapping, just for comfort's sake.

As to the news in the OP, I am looking forward to an updated engine, and I hope the hotfixes get rid of some of the more blatant bugs such as the car rubberbanding and the Jarvis tape glitch. I'm nowhere near close to getting all of the Pamela tapes, so that particular glitch doesn't affect me at all. But, I hope that it can be fixed for the ones that have been troubled by it.

1 hour ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

He said, there would be no regular patches until it's release, so I'm assuming no.

1 hour ago, Treymaker said:

That’s my question as well. If I interpreted that correctly, there will be no more patches/updates of any kind from now until at least April?

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We have a hot fix style patch that will be scheduled for release soon, we’re hoping a day or two, to fix some issues. 

We’ll have more info on the update throughout the process. We cannot give answers for specific questions right now. 

Thanks Shifty!

Yeah, I remember seeing you mention that the window bubble bug could be seeing a fix in the pipeline, so I figured there may be some sort of patches between now and then.

The current state of the game should be able to survive this period. I think the game is currently the best it has been, all things considered (a lot of bugs have been eliminated, and the balance is back to where it was, combined with the added Jasons and Maps and Counselors). :) 

@ShiftySamurai Are you able to provide us with what the hotfix will, well..fix. Hoping on at least fixing the car rubber banding issue, Part 5's music, and Tiffany's bugged ring, plz 😊

I for one am happy with the game and the constant evolution. I would rather have devs who listen and work with the fan base, rather than devs who create a game and then just throw it at you as is. 

You guys need to remember these fixes aren’t easy, it takes a lot of work to just fine tune textures and lighting. Much less create realistic movements and functionality of moveable objects. Patience is golden 

1 hour ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

So we can expect dedicated servers in May or June? Ugh.........

Well of course seeing how it is no easy task to do i know they've been taking a while but they expanded themselves to make more content, so now we play the waiting game.

They need to roll back the “balance” patch before they start on this. I don’t know how it is on PC yet, but I was just in a tournament on PS4 where the goal was to kill Jason, but that’s next to impossible with a halfway decent player now.

The game shouldn’t cater to noobs. It should take skill to be Jason. Otherwise, anyone who does have skill is going to overwhelm and destroy the lobby every single match and it won’t be fun.

I understand that Jason was OP in the movies, but this is a game, and in order for a game to be fun you have to have a chance. 

Listen to your high level players. Everyone I’ve talked to on PS4 over level 100 hates this update.  The game moves slower, there are no knives to disarm traps, Jason can grab you from a mile away, etc. It’s not fun to try to kill Jason anymore. Yea, it was ok to weaken the counselors a little bit (key words), but everything together makes being a counselor no fun.

I honestly feel bad when I’m Jason because I wipe out the whole game and cause everyone to rage quit.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KushAstronaut said:

They need to roll back the “balance” patch before they start on this. I don’t know how it is on PC yet, but I was just in a tournament on PS4 where the goal was to kill Jason, but that’s next to impossible with a halfway decent player now.

The game shouldn’t cater to noobs. It should take skill to be Jason. Otherwise, anyone who does have skill is going to overwhelm and destroy the lobby every single match and it won’t be fun.

I understand that Jason was OP in the movies, but this is a game, and in order for a game to be fun you have to have a chance. 

Listen to your high level players. Everyone I’ve talked to on PS4 over level 100 hates this update.  The game moves slower, there are no knives to disarm traps, Jason can grab you from a mile away, etc. It’s not fun to try to kill Jason anymore. Yea, it was ok to weaken the counselors a little bit (key words), but everything together makes being a counselor no fun.

I honestly feel bad when I’m Jason because I wipe out the whole game and cause everyone to rage quit.

tumblr_ogus8hRvwr1udh5n8o1_500.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A few months is a small price to pay for a much improved Friday The 13th experience. Looking forward to it!

Well at least their being worked on. Guess I'll have to sit and wait for the servers 

jYkn3BM.gif

Nah I'm gonna drink till it's April 

tenor.gif?itemid=4713287

On a side note I am glad to see that we are gonna be getting them.