ShiftySamurai

Dedicated Servers: Updating The Engine

2 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I asked already he said he couldn’t answer specific questions. My guess would be yes as it’s being moved to a new engine. There has to be some sort of graphical improvement.

It's not going to a new engine, just an updated version of the Unreal engine.

Yes I’m aware of Wes’s comments.  That’s why in my post I said that Paranoia was either a long way off or cancelled.  That is essentially what Wes said. 

2 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I'd say April was about the time I was expecting them.

They rarely get things out on time (no fault of their own - any small team would be the same), so this isn't disappointing to me. 

No updates until they're done is good news, it will give the small "we want more pocket knives" lobby time to adjust to the game changes until it becomes "the norm".

Of course dedicated servers should have been in from day one, but I suspect they just could not budget for it at that time (they're expensive)....the resounding success of the game has made it possible and viable. It was always going to be April at the earliest considering the time-frame. 

No real surprises here.  

April it's not a exact day. In fact, April is the date for update the engine, not for dedicated servers. I just don't know why they would lie to us saying dedicated servers would be from day one.

5 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Yeah, but if they released the game as early acces it wouldn't be in consoles now. That's means the game would have been a failure. You just need to watch Steam player count, is ridiculous.

they could have done game preview on xbox like pubg, dont think ps4 has that though.

4 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

April it's not a exact day. In fact, April is the date for update the engine, not for dedicated servers. I just don't know why they would lie to us saying dedicated servers would be from day one.

I'm a bit too busy to hunt down the quotes - but I'm pretty certain Wes said only PC would have dedicated servers prior to release and even shortly after release...they seemed to change direction with this when it was clear the game had sold very well and I'm guessing their budget then allowed for this to happen. In all fairness to them, I imagine it would've been quite impossible to set up dedicated servers on all three platforms on the budget they had originally before sales starting pouring in. Though, this is just my guesstimate. 

4 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

Yes I’m aware of Wes’s comments.  That’s why in my post I said that Paranoia was either a long way off or cancelled.  That is essentially what Wes said. 

So why were you asking it as a question if you already knew it IS a long way off (and likely cancelled)?

Either way, don't expect Paranoia to ever come out. It likely won't.

Looking forward to repairs!

Xbox online play is almost impossible at this point, so I'll try to wait patiently. Thanks for the update guys!

Just now, Charlie Chainsaw said:

So now what about single player????? How much longer can things keep being delayed???

until they run out of money

• Haha 1

Just now, 2moar said:

they could have done game preview on xbox like pubg, dont think ps4 has that though.

Actually, PS4 is the platform with more players, I don't know why, maybe is just because PS4 have more players than Xbox, and Xbox is kinda busy with PUBG right now.

Fun Fact: PUBG can run like shit and controls can be shit too on Xbox, but guess what, it have dedicated servers.

2 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I'm a bit too busy to hunt down the quotes - but I'm pretty certain Wes said only PC would have dedicated servers prior to release and even shortly after release...they seemed to change direction with this when it was clear the game had sold very well and I'm guessing their budget then allowed for this to happen. In all fairness to them, I imagine it would've been quite impossible to set up dedicated servers on all three platforms on the budget they had originally before sales starting pouring in. Though, this is just my guesstimate. 

Nope, there are a lot of pics and even tweets saying dedicated servers would be in all platforms since day one, and there would be S.A servers (at least now there are)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We have a hot fix style patch that will be scheduled for release soon, we’re hoping a day or two, to fix some issues. 

We’ll have more info on the update throughout the process. We cannot give answers for specific questions right now. 

Will this hotfix take care of the Tommy tape bug? It would really suck to not be able to pick up Tommy tapes I find until April. 

Just now, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Actually, PS4 is the platform with more players, I don't know why, maybe is just because PS4 have more players than Xbox, and Xbox is kinda busy with PUBG right now.

Fun Fact: PUBG can run like shit and controls can be shit too on Xbox, but guess what, it have dedicated servers.

Nope, there are a lot of pics and even tweets saying dedicated servers would be in all platforms since day one, and there would be S.A servers (at least now there are)

100% true. PUBG can run like garbage. But the fact I can seamlessly jump in and out of matches quickly is what keeps me playing it. 

• Like 1

How about would you please fix the issue that everyone's having when a Lobby is started and we are in the middle of the game and the host gets killed they get mad and quit the game which ruins the game for everybody else can you please make it where someone else becomes the host after the other host quits please please please I beg you

Just now, Charlie Chainsaw said:

100% true. PUBG can run like garbage. But the fact I can seamlessly jump in and out of matches quickly is what keeps me playing it. 

also they are patching it like every week, so that's nice

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

True, when I play this game, I say: Damn, time to search for a match, let's hope host don't quit. Hell, even when im Jason im kinda afraid host quit if I kill him.

Can y'all please fix the issue that everyone is having when the host gets mad and decides to quit because she or he is killed turn the game off for everybody it says error then you have to it's your center button close out the application restart it all over again all because the crybaby host quit because he or she got killed

3 minutes ago, Boyslovesboys said:

How about would you please fix the issue that everyone's having when a Lobby is started and we are in the middle of the game and the host gets killed they get mad and quit the game which ruins the game for everybody else can you please make it where someone else becomes the host after the other host quits please please please I beg you

Just now, Boyslovesboys said:

Can y'all please fix the issue that everyone is having when the host gets mad and decides to quit because she or he is killed turn the game off for everybody it says error then you have to it's your center button close out the application restart it all over again all because the crybaby host quit because he or she got killed

Eh, yeah . . . that's . . . that's what dedicated servers are going to do, so -- yeah, they're working on it. 

8 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

So why were you asking it as a question if you already knew it IS a long way off (and likely cancelled)?

Either way, don't expect Paranoia to ever come out. It likely won't.

Maybe I could have worded it better. I was suggesting that we got Part 5 and Pinehurst to distract/soften the blow of the back to back bad news of Paranoia delay and no updates until April. 

5 minutes ago, 2moar said:

also they are patching it like every week, so that's nice

They release patches CONSTANTLY. And continuously update everyone. 

The game appears to be still selling well on PlayStation currently.

Hopefully it continues. 

they should have just released all this info last week, but i guess they wanted to see the playerbase maybe rise a bit with the new map and jason, before seeing the drop this will cause, kind of shady to me. along with the savini stuff,  i'm like :unsure:

@ShiftySamurai, I have ask question. You said: Potential for physics improvements and fixes for vehicles, ragdolls, hair, and more Better performance on all platforms.

So, this will be early-alpha version right?

Thread: forum.f13game.com/topic/12716-early-alpha-vs-final-release-the-return-of-tommy-jarvis-video-030118-enter-vote/

3 minutes ago, Boyslovesboys said:

You have made three posts on this forum, and all three have said the exact same thing. 2 of them are only 3 minutes apart. I guess putting everything in italics changes it somehow. Dedicated servers are going to fix it. @ShiftySamurai gave you a broad timeline of when that could be happening. I'm pretty sure that is all of the information you are going to get about it right now.

The staff does ask that you introduce yourself when you join the boards, which you can do here. I don't think you should bring up hosts quitting in your introduction though. It is a well known problem that has been discussed here since last May.

But, that is just a suggestion. Feel free to do what you want.

5 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Eh, yeah . . . that's . . . that's what dedicated servers are going to do, so -- yeah, they're working on it. 

No it won't, PC has dedicated servers.