ShiftySamurai

Dedicated Servers: Updating The Engine

2 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

I really hate to suggest this and those that see my posts can vouch for the fact that I’m not a “pot stirrer”. But I can’t help but feel like Jason Part 5 and the Pinehurst map were a distraction to take people’s focus away from the fact that Paranoia mode is a LONG way off if not cancelled, and the fact that there is about to be at least a 3 month time period with absolutely no updates.  

You missed some news...Find the Paranoia update thread.

edit: here, 

does this mean once the new system is active we will start receiving regular hotfixes to fix bugs as they arise instead of months later?

1 minute ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

So we can expect dedicated servers in May or June? Ugh.........

Hey at least we’ll get it as the 1 year anniversary of the game 😋

First of all thanks for the info. I think Shifties communication deserves praise. Of course this raises a few questions.

Do I understand correctly that this means no new content for at least two months, but hotfixes for occuring gamebreakers and such? Also, is there are schedule for updating us on progression, like weekly or bi-weekly updates? 

Not that I don't understand why the Engine Upgrade is prioritized, I just try to get my expectations right for the upcoming months. I personally have no idea how long it'll take for dedicated servers to be up, but is it safe to say we shouldn't expect them before summer?

@ShiftySamurai Thanks for the news. I don't really play on the XBox anymore, but, I may start again after the new engine is installed. Until then I'll just keep trying not to pee or poo in my pants when Jason is chasing me. :lol:

After the last patch I changed the qualification in the steam to positive, before  was Horrible because Jason was a joke. This excited me a lot, will the game be in dx 12 or will it keep the two API'S?  Performance is what most upsets me because I would like to play with 60 fps fixed.

11 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We have a hot fix style patch that will be scheduled for release soon, we’re hoping a day or two, to fix some issues. 

for specific questions right now. 

Roy's music..

tenor.gif?itemid=9340884

I hope this gives you enough time to contact with Shavar Ross and implement him as a counselor(older) later on when everything is right. That seems so far from now lol

Good news means on august or october will come paranoia and jason x with new map, new clothes and single player will come earlier than paranoia like may or april or march

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

You missed some news...Find the Paranoia update thread.

edit: here, 

The link does not work. Something has been updated since Wes talked about it last week?

Just now, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Or maybe even later, like I said, June......

Or hopefully April 😅. I think my delusion has led to false optimism but here’s to hoping.

3 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

The link does not work. Something has been updated since Wes talked about it last week?

Try this one:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/16400-paranoia-current-status-and-path-ahead/

Edit: my bad, I reread your post. Nothing has been updated, but they mentioned there that paranoia has been put to the side to work on dedicated servers.

Awesome news all around. Unreal Engine was the perfect choice to begin with, and I love that the the update will come with a performance boost.

Quick question...will be notice anything different visually with the update to the newer version of the engine, or will all of the changes be under the hood only, so to speak? It's just that I love how the game looks now, design-wise, and I'd rather not see any major changes visually.

• Like 1

"we want to make sure that when we tell you something is coming, you can count on it." Paranoia lol

Yall should have just been straight forward from the begining and slapped a big fat "early access" sticker on the game.

Now we play the waiting game, again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@AldermachXI For some reason, posting a hotlink to threads doesn't seem to work anymore. You have to use the link function on the task bar. For some reason, a window just pops up that takes you to the home page of the forums. Not sure why. 

@Treymaker Here is the link to the Paranoia Update thread.

I'd say April was about the time I was expecting them.

They rarely get things out on time (no fault of their own - any small team would be the same), so this isn't disappointing to me. 

No updates until they're done is good news, it will give the small "we want more pocket knives" lobby time to adjust to the game changes until it becomes "the norm".

Of course dedicated servers should have been in from day one, but I suspect they just could not budget for it at that time (they're expensive)....the resounding success of the game has made it possible and viable. It was always going to be April at the earliest considering the time-frame. 

No real surprises here.  

1 minute ago, Dolemite said:

Quick question...will be notice anything different visually with the update to the newer version of the engine, or will all of the changes be under the hood only, so to speak? It's just that I love how the game looks now, design-wise, and I'd rather not see any major changes visually.

I asked already he said he couldn’t answer specific questions. My guess would be yes as it’s being moved to a new engine. There has to be some sort of graphical improvement.

I can't at ya'll expecting new content months later than what he said lol

October/August would be pretty late. 

The new counselor & Jason X should still come around April. 

Completely new content (on new roadmap) is something else, and would be later

7 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Hey at least we’ll get it as the 1 year anniversary of the game 😋

That’s so depressing when you put it that way. And the game is still plagued with issues. I’m mostly frustrated if we have to deal with the car rubberbanding glitch til April.

• Like 1

Just now, Impactedmedal38 said:

I asked already he said he couldn’t answer specific questions. My guess would be yes as it’s being moved to a new engine. There has to be some sort of graphical improvement.

Ah, I didn't notice that you asked. Thanks for the info.

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Yall should have just been straight forward from the begining and slapped a big fat "early access" sticker on the game.

Now we play the waiting game, again.

Yeah, but if they released the game as early acces it wouldn't be in consoles now. That's means the game would have been a failure. You just need to watch Steam player count, is ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I'm happy with how the game looks. I think the maps look great and the Jason's also. Some work on the counselor character model faces wouldn't go a miss though.

If this dedicated server get fix means in summer time will gonna get grendel map and jason x and single player and new clothing or new emotion or new counselor maybe but we can get kid jason or pamela and paranoia will come at september or october or cancelled

You guys have GOT to grow your team.  This game and project, it's becoming too important to just keep working with a small hand full of people.
There needs to be more devs and minds on this project.  For the sake of the project.

Truth be told, Roy was a nice breath of fresh air.  But this time-frame of two months is really going to bleed the game of playerbase.
Hopefully Gun & Ill, you all got something planned after you get this engine in, because if it's not big... people are gonna come back with your big engine up-date, expecting some major change to the game, and they're gonna see the same thing, and stare at the screen... "That's it...?!?  What happened?!??!"  Screaming at the screen Dr. Disrespect style.

You're gonna have to play it big on the return, because when you come back and there's nothing to show for it, other than console dedicated servers, it's going to hurt.
Here's hoping that there's something planned at the other end of the tunnel.

• Like 7