UlfKarl

Grab is broken again The return of the Darth Vader Jason

GRAB IS BROKEN, it cancels all melee attacks even if the attack was first than the grab, JASON IS TOO OP, this game will be dead soon, bye

Grab fluctuates for a variety of reasons (including internet and the crummy servers). Sometimes it is too long or too short, but overall it is proper more often than not...

32 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

GRAB IS BROKEN, it cancels all melee attacks even if the attack was first than the grab, JASON IS TOO OP, this game will be dead soon, bye

@Vaderspupil Shots! Jason OP!

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2018 at 1:42 PM, UlfKarl said:

me as Jason I have grabbed many people from very far distances, I play on pc - steam, I really dont know if its the same in xbox or ps4, but in theory it should be the same

Had it happen to me as Jason and witness it from another player who was Jason.

I am on PS4 I am sure it happens on all platforms.

Personally I think the grab range is fine. It was pretty bad pre patch but has gotten a lot better. If anything ruins the game, it’s the lack of dedicated servers.

On 3/4/2018 at 11:08 PM, UlfKarl said:

it cancels all melee attacks even if the attack was first than the grab,

Why wouldn't it? It depends on which CONNECTS first, not which was INITIATED first...

• Like 1

On 2/5/2018 at 12:29 PM, UlfKarl said:

Look at the video of this youtuber at the minute 14:27 and no, it is not the lag

100% of your posts consist of wanting to make Jason weak, let me guess... your preference is set to counselor,  you started playing in December (when Jason was at his most pathetic), you lie to troll/dance in front of Jason, you are not a Friday the 13th movie watcher, just a casual game player, you  don’t know what Jason is all about, he still is underpowered compared to the game I backed on Kickstarter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't seen things like this in the grab, but I would actually lean more towards this than towards the "pinata style" easy chain-stuns I've been seeing counselors getting on Jason lately. 

Jason needs to be strengthened, not weakened.

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2018 at 6:51 PM, UlfKarl said:

GRAB IS BROKEN

If it’s broken ... just go play another game.... Jason is supposed to be very OP, and he is still not as OP as he was at launch, the devs scaled it back way to much because of whiners like you, the grab is fine now although inconsistent, I’m good with it. What is broken is Jason being stunned through unbroken doors, or being chain stunned, when they fix that you are really going to cry.

On 3/5/2018 at 5:08 AM, UlfKarl said:

Bye .... don’t come back please.

16 minutes ago, AJLeatherman said:

I haven't seen things like this in the grab, but I would actually lean more towards this than towards the "pinata style" easy chain-stuns I've been seeing counselors getting on Jason lately. 

Jason needs to be strengthened, not weakened.

I agree, this person is just another millennial who wants everything handing to him easily 

@NytmereZ first off, no multi-posting. Secondly, don't antagonize other users.

Also whilst I'm in this thread, I think Jason's grab is fine as is. It requires no changes at all and the new animation will make it look a lot nicer.

On 2/5/2018 at 1:47 PM, UlfKarl said:

I really hope it was just a ping issue, because if not, I would be very concerned about the status of the game and what's on the head of the developers, I hope it was lag

You're exactly right. Ive seen Jasons do super long range grabs with low ping. The grab is way too OP. Even with Jenny and a good escape artist...the grab still wins 98% of the time. That's more evidence that the grab os broken.

@NYtmere...Wrong answer. This game is not just about killing counselors. It's about counselors surviving as well. Takes no talent to use grab and it has no cooldown. Yet throwing knives do take talent and they have a cool down. Yet, the grab does not have a cool down. There's no balance. No, I will not play another game and I will continue to post. There's nothing you can do about it son.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Minotaur80 said:

You're exactly right. Ive seen Jasons do super long range grabs with low ping. The grab is way too OP. Even with Jenny and a good escape artist...the grab still wins 98% of the time. That's more evidence that the grab os broken.

Were you looking at the scoreboard when he grabbed you? or did he LOOK like he wasn't lagging. Looks can be deceiving, and if you were looking at the scoreboard, you deserved that grab.

23 minutes ago, The_Minotaur80 said:

@NYtmere...Wrong answer. This game is not just about killing counselors. It's about counselors surviving as well. Takes no talent to use grab. Yet throwing knives do have a cool down. Yet, the grab does not have a cool down. There's no balance. No, I will not play another game and I will continue to post. There's nothing you can do about it son.

Blitz...Nope. Neither...In fact, the last time it happened there was a good size rock between that had at least 8ft in width.

Kodiak...Well, you're wrong. Look, I don't want Jason to be weak. He should be OP. But, grabbing from 8ft away and grab spamming will just cause the game to lose players. You have to have balance. It's a video game after all.

4 minutes ago, The_Minotaur80 said:

Blitz...Nope. Neither...In fact, the last time it happened there was a good size rock between that had at least 8ft in width.

Kodiak...Well, you're wrong. Look, I don't want Jason to be weak. He should be OP. But, grabbing from 8ft away will just cause the game to lose players. You have to have balance. It's a video game after all.

7 minutes ago, The_Minotaur80 said:

Okay, how do you know he had low ping, unless you were looking at it? it can be just bad connection. Things like this happen. Jason is in a okay spot for grabs except the animation. Please dude, just give it a rest. You are just restating what you and others have already said, then assuming other things. 

The only time I've seen it look odd, is when I'm playing with  RL friend, and we are both in the car. He gets out, runs away (on his screen) i see him next to car. Jason grabs him, where I see him at.. (next to Jason)  he is shocked that he is grabbed because on his screen, he was already away from the car (and not where I or the Jason player saw him)

That is the only time I've seen oddness with grabbing. 

Grab is fine.

Especially with melee being pro counselor by a long shot. Even weapon strength Jasons I'd consider a notch below even with the damage buff.

23 minutes ago, The_Minotaur80 said:

Kodiak...Well, you're wrong. Look, I don't want Jason to be weak. He should be OP. But, grabbing from 8ft away and grab spamming will just cause the game to lose players. You have to have balance. It's a video game after all.

Bad At Losing And Need Counselor Entitlement

If you're the kind of player we lose, the game will be better off. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

Bad At Losing And Need Counselor Entitlement

If you're the kind of player we lose, the game will be better off. 

Nope. I do all objectives while beating up Jason in 1v1. I think you're just a bum spam grabber. I don't want handouts like you do via OP Jason grabs. You can keep that trash entitlement.

Tyrant...No, it's not fine. Melee is not pro counselor. I have swift attacker perk, sucker punch, and firecracker, and I swing at him and hit him with no damage and no stun then get 8ft away while Jason is standing still and I get grabbed.

31 minutes ago, The_Minotaur80 said:

Kodiak...Well, you're wrong. 

It is my opinion, it's not 'wrong' at all. 

51 minutes ago, The_Minotaur80 said:

Kodiak isn't wrong.

And Jasons current grab range is about 5 feet.    Spamming grab is a non issue since spamming grab makes Jason S L O W E R...   

Besides losing players who can't seem to grasp the concept of the game isn't really a bad thing.

• Like 2

Just now, The_Minotaur80 said:

Nope. I do all objectives while beating up Jason in 1v1. I think you're just a bum spam grabber. I don't want handouts like you do via OP Jason grabs. You can keep that trash entitlement.

Oh right ... another "godly" player who is doing all objectives and "beating up Jason" 1v1 but yet somehow is still here, bitching about grab. Funny how all these "pros" love to talk about how great they are while bitching that Jason is too OP in the same breath. 

Protip: Nobody believes you. Also, I don't give a shit about your youtube channel and the games you selected to attempt to look like a badass. 

Protip #2: If you're going to pretend to be a gamer god, it helps if you aren't complaining that something is too OP ... ya know, like what people who AREN'T good at a game do.

You want to go back to December so that you CAN 1 v 1 Jason without any fear. Not happening, ya bum. Quit bitching and learn how to play and stop asking for nerfs just because you suck. Nobody is buying your BS about being a 1 man army so yeah you can just stop embarrassing yourself.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dmack621 said:

Oh right ... another "godly" player who is doing all objectives and "beating up Jason" 1v1 but yet somehow is still here, bitching about grab. Funny how all these "pros" love to talk about how great they are while bitching that Jason is too OP in the same breath. 

Protip: Nobody believes you. Also, I don't give a shit about your youtube channel and the games you selected to attempt to look like a badass. 

Protip #2: If you're going to pretend to be a gamer god, it helps if you aren't complaining that something is too OP ... ya know, like what people who AREN'T good at a game do.

You want to go back to December so that you CAN 1 v 1 Jason without any fear. Not happening, ya bum. Quit bitching and learn how to play and stop asking for nerfs just because you suck. Nobody is buying your BS about being a 1 man army so yeah you can just stop embarrassing yourself.

Calm it down a bit fella, don't get unnecessarily hostile. Can post without doing that.

Just now, Kodiak said:

Calm it down a bit fella, don't get unnecessarily hostile.

Dude has called me and everyone who disagrees with him a "bum" in every reply. I was just feeding a little back, not being hostile. Will tone down though.

• Thanks 1