UlfKarl

Grab is broken again The return of the Darth Vader Jason

Look at the video of this youtuber at the minute 14:27 and no, it is not the lag

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This seems to be based off of matches because the grab seems to be varying a lot. 

In some matches the grab range is too small and in some matches the grab range is alright. 

I rarely see Darth Vader range though. 

How exactly do you know it wasn't lag...?

3 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

because of the ms?

I didn't see him show it around that time... I've also encountered huge spikes randomly though. Any chance it was just a spike?

3 minutes ago, sims2series3493 said:

So far I haven't seen it happen when I play? Is your console Xbox One? Or Pc?

me as Jason I have grabbed many people from very far distances, I play on pc - steam, I really dont know if its the same in xbox or ps4, but in theory it should be the same

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

I didn't see him show it around that time... I've also encountered huge spikes randomly though. Any chance it was just a spike?

I really hope it was just a ping issue, because if not, I would be very concerned about the status of the game and what's on the head of the developers, I hope it was lag

The grab was lengthened. I think from certain angles it's extended while still having T-Rex arms from others. Maybe @Alkavian will have to do some tests again.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

The grab was lengthened. I think from certain angles it's extended while still having T-Rex arms from others. Maybe @Alkavian will have to do some tests again.

I'm on day shift now again. If you got time in the evenings we can check out a few things.

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Yeah, I had a few T-Rex Jason moments for sure last night. Counselor bumped into me on the whiff...you'd figure that was close enough :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Yeah, I had a few T-Rex Jason moments for sure last night. Counselor bumped into me on the whiff...you'd figure that was close enough :P

Yeah you kept missing a lot last night. It was like you had short tiny t-rex arms 

p6OwoC3.gif

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

Yeah you kept missing a lot last night. It was like you had short tiny t-rex arms 

p6OwoC3.gif

I was also tired/playing horribly near the end.

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I was also tired/playing horribly near the end.

You do gotta give them at least false hope.

20 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

I really hope it was just a ping issue, because if not, I would be very concerned about the status of the game and what's on the head of the developers, I hope it was lag

Stop whining the grab isn’t nearly what is was in October , and need to be put back to October settings.

11 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I'm on day shift now again. If you got time in the evenings we can check out a few things.

I should be. I'm definitely curious.

• Like 1

Looks like the old grab from before it was nerfed. I have not seen this happen in any game since the last patch and I have still missed many grabs that were within range of Jason's arm. Not seeing what you are crying about, you still got away. Also... why did it only happen once? Simple answer: Random lag spike.
   Since the new update I watch Jason chase in spectator mode, turning the camera to try to see the range of the grab. I have seen many grabs miss by an inch, barely past Jason's hand. Still seeing many grabs miss that were in range of Jason's arm, also probably random lag spikes. I have not seen a single grab happen like in your video.
   There is always going to be a second or two of lag between any player, even if you are playing with someone else in the same room. Signal from your computer to servers, process with other players in lobby and sent back to your computer. You can test out the length of the lag by talking over someone else who has their volume turned up so you can hear yourself over their mic. Until the signal travels faster than light speed, there will be a bit of lag. It is unavoidable. 

• Like 1

So very, very tired of this shit. No one is ever happy.

I've been playing my ass off since the patch and I've never seen this. The grab was changed only slightly.

The entire grab conversation is over. Let it go. The grab is exactly where it should be. Nobody should be 5 feet within Jason’s grasp and not expect to be snatched. If you are out of stamina and running ahead of Jason, he’s going to get you. This prevents players from lingering with unnecessary and boring chase sequences that last from 20 seconds to 3 minutes as counselors are just barely able to outrun Jason and avoid his grab or hit. The grab is RESTORED and avoids disgusting scenarios where counselors sugarscoot through matches by being just out of reach of the grab. Jason leaps and lunges in the films so there’s no reason why people are still mad he can get you when you are 2-5 feet away. Move along tbh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1