UlfKarl

Grab is broken again The return of the Darth Vader Jason

1 hour ago, Truth said:

I didn't see him show it around that time... I've also encountered huge spikes randomly though. Any chance it was just a spike?

Since after getting grabbed he synced up to Jasons real location.. Its lag  A lil hiccup can do that.

Showing a video where Jason is getting trolled yet you’re complaining about the grab range is a little ridiculous. If anything this just shows Jason needs a lot more fixes/adjustments to his gameplay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UlfKarl said:

Look at the video of this youtuber at the minute 14:27 and no, it is not the lag

Looks good to me, what's the problem?

• Like 1

Looks like the player didn't realise how close he was to Jason.  It's not remotely close to the original grab. Grab range is fine. Stop whining.

I think the grab range is just sharper now more like a ^ than the coney type we had so far

17 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Looks good to me, what's the problem?

Looks good to me, too.

We will need to do testing. I want to know what the devs think is "slightly" increased. The OP video seemed pretty long distance. I agree with a width increase but length increase was not quite so necessary. We'll have to see what it is when tests are done.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

Looks good to me, too.

this looks good to you? so you need glasses or have a mental problem

jason grab.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

this looks good to you? so you need glasses or have a mental problem

jason grab.png

Yep, just fine. That's a world away from the whole 'separate sides of a 10' rug' force grab we had for the first half of the game. 

This is not complicated: you run around in front of Jason's face, and you'll get fucking grabbed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

I was also tired/playing horribly near the end.

Counselor dying more often ....on my god must be the grab!!!

maybe it’s the way they play that causes them to die.....?

5 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Probably bad ping. Plus, if you're gonna play the trolling Jason game, you deserve it.

Not really. Trolling Jason is part of the fun. If you have a pocket knife and you're the last one, no harm in using it. 

37 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Yep, just fine. That's a world away from the whole 'separate sides of a 10' rug' force grab we had for the first half of the game. 

This is not complicated: you run around in front of Jason's face, and you'll get fucking grabbed.

Well that's the thing: you should get grabbed if you're close to him, not extremely far away. The worst part about his grab is that it's inconsistent so you don't know how close you can get without getting grabbed. I've had times where I was close to Jason and his grab missed me and others where I was far away and he somehow got me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

Well that's the thing: you should get grabbed if you're close to him, not extremely far away. The worst part about his grab is that it's inconsistent so you don't know how close you can get without getting grabbed. I've had times where I was close to Jason and his grab missed me and others where I was far away and he somehow got me. 

Be all that as it may, the range depicted above is not "extremely far away."

Just now, Dr. Lecter said:

Be all that as it may, the range depicted above is not "extremely far away."

You've gotta be kidding. Jason's hand isn't even close to him... at all. By extremely far away I don't mean on the other side of the map. I meant it in terms of the grab range and how that range shown in the picture is an extremely long range for his grab. 

7 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

You've gotta be kidding. Jason's hand isn't even close to him... at all. By extremely far away I don't mean on the other side of the map. I meant it in terms of the grab range and how that range shown in the picture is an extremely long range for his grab. 

You've got to be kidding when you expect people to take you seriously. Grab is fine, quit whining.

5 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

You've got to be kidding when you expect people to take you seriously. Grab is fine, quit whining.

You've gotta be kidding when you think that's a credible response that even deserves acknowledgment(yet here I am acknowledging it because why not). I doubt anyone took you seriously either when you were whining about Jason's nerf, so maybe try to rebut my argument instead of making snide remarks with 0 substance like most other people on this forum? 

24 minutes ago, Jubileet said:

Heres your new grab and no thats not with lag. :D

giphy.gif

Again, looks good to me. Much shorter range than the grab at launch. It's a real-time multiplayer game with canned mo-cap, so workable mechanics require a certain degree of suspended disbelief. Real world, he'd be running at her, leaning into it more, and lunging at least twice that silly little left foot shift seen above.

7 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

You've gotta be kidding when you think that's a credible response that even deserves acknowledgment(yet here I am acknowledging it because why not). I doubt anyone took you seriously either when you were whining about Jason's nerf, so maybe try to rebut my argument instead of making snide remarks with 0 substance like most other people on this forum? 

Less of that, no need to be so personal. You too @dmack621

17 minutes ago, Jubileet said:

giphy.gif

It seems like their definition of "slightly" is "halfway between old and new grab." Is that your video? I'd like to see if counselors can land a melee attack from that range. Personally I want the length of Jason's grab to be equal to or less than the melee range of the baseball bat and axe. I like its current width.

The grab distance looks good to me. There’s a thread somewhere that explains that the engine does not allow for a more fluid grab animation that would allow Jason to move in a more realistic way when grabbing. So the distance in the clip looks like it factors in a couple feet longer than his arms. This would make sense if the animation allowed for Jason to move forward while leaning forward and extending his arms out to grab.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Again, looks good to me. Much shorter range than the grab at launch. It's a real-time multigplayer game with canned mo-cap, so workable mechanics require a certain degree of suspended disbelief. Real world, he'd be running at her, leaning into it more, and lunging at least twice that silly little left foot shift seen above.

To refresh your memory about the launch grab.

22 minutes ago, Jubileet said:

giphy.gif

Hmmm

It's okay...

3 minutes ago, Jubileet said:

To refresh your memory about the launch grab.

Consistent with my prior recollection...did you have a point?

I would be willing to bet that if this were captured from over Jason's shoulder, while in pursuit, it would look like he was right on top of her given the perspective. 

Which is completely reasonable.

If you were to argue that Jason needs to actually make contact with the counselor, and you were chasing Deb, you would probably completely block her from view yourself as well as be deep inside their hit range. 

Jason can only grab when he himself has obstructed the view and you should be able to smack him before he's close enough to grab you?

Can we get a perk where a counselor starts with his mask and the sweater?

• Like 1

I see no issue with the grab.

As it is, the counselors are still superior to him in melee, melee range, etc.