scorpio

* IMMINENT Dedicated Servers News 02/05/18 (TODAY) *

Apparently we are going to be getting news on the dedicated servers for consoles today, so I'm creating this topic to discuss what our expectations for the announcement are:

I have hope this announcement today will happen, but given that we were told we would have dedicated server news last week, which was then changed to today, I am not 100% convinced we will even get the info today. But, in the hopeful scenario whereby we do, here is what I would like to know:

1) A timeframe for the dedicated servers - are we talking next update, or another 2/3 months, give us some kind of timeframe.

2) An explanation as to why they haven't been implemented in 5 months and details on what state they are in/what stage we are at in their development. 

Anything less than this for me personally will be underwhelming. I just hope that it's not another 'info update' that is simply, 'we r working on it, more info soon' - coz at this point we need something more concrete! If it hadn't been for the previous announcement I'd honestly be concerned that there would be excuses given as to why dedicated servers had been dropped, however with the update about Paranoia Mode being put 'on hold' I can't for the life of me imagine the devs coming out today and saying dedicated servers wern't happening now, coz then people would question why was Paranoia Mode placed 'on hold' then?! 

Time will tell I spose, but I'm interested to hear what others think about the impending (in theory) announcement about dedicated servers coming later today?! 

I hope this week that would be nice but who knows.

If I had to guess next month or the month after

This game isn’t going to survive until May 2nd without dedicated servers.

j/k 

you crazy foreigners and your date format.

4 hours ago, zoey45 said:

anyway you do not have to trust them they are liars

That is a bit strongly-worded to call them liars. I'm sure they would have loved to have had dedicated serves out by then, but they're a small team and things happen.

That said, playing on PC is great, with our dedicated servers and all...imagine, being able to consistently play all the way through an entire match! I hope you console kids get a taste of that soon.  ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

That said, playing on PC is great, with our dedicated servers and all...imagine, being able to consistently play all the way through an entire match! I hope you console kids get a taste of that soon.  ;)

Yup, me 2 :) It's horrendous atm on XB1 between Dashboards that still happen, the game kicking you from matches, hosts quitting - leading the round to crash, etc, etc it's way too tedious to level up online. I'm level 70 atm, but if the game didn't constantly crash since launch I'd prob be at level 140 at least by now! SMH 

Dedicated servers for consoles should have been there at launch - many including myself specifically asked the devs if consoles would get dedicated servers before launch and were told they would. Then sometime after the launch people started noticing that the servers were P2P - the type of servers the devs had been trashing, stating time and time again that dedicated was always the way to go. Us console players asked for a response to where the dedicated servers were and it took months to get any response. When we did get a response we were told firstly (all be it from a second hand source) that the consoles had meant to have dedicated servers, but closer to the launch the devs had found in the beta that the P2P servers worked better and so had decided to go for those for the consoles (something that made no sense to me and was the polar opposite of everything that had been told to me previously by the devs themselves), then later we were told directly from the devs themselves that allegedly it was all one big misunderstanding and they'd only ever meant dedicated servers were coming to the PC and PC only, but I challenge you to go and read all the tweets whenever they were asked about dedicated servers, especially when the person asking the question specified they meant for consoles, at no point in the dev's responses did they ever specify, dedicated ONLY for PC. So even if it wasn't done intentionally they still omitted certain facts when answering questions about servers pre-launch! 

Whilst the devs would argue it's only been 5 months since they promised dedicated servers for consoles, for people like myself it's been A LOT LONGER that we believed Dedicated Servers were coming to consoles! 

I'm not calling anyone a liar etc, I'm just stating the facts as they are! 

• Thanks 1

Where or when did you hear that we would be getting news today about dedicated servers? And why does your title say 5/2 if no news has been given yet? 

Did I miss something..

Just now, MyNameisJason said:

Where or when did you hear that we would be getting news today about dedicated servers? And why does your title say 5/2 if no news has been given yet? 

Did I miss something..

They kinda already told us dedicated servers are coming when they said the new gamemode was put on hold.

1 minute ago, MyNameisJason said:

Did I miss something..

It's today's date, the rest of the world writes it that way.

3 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

Did I miss something..

I'm English so that's why the date is the way it is. I know in America it would read as 02/05/18 right? I'll edit the date now so it doesn't confuse anyone anymore as I think most reading these forums are American anyways! :) 

I've seen on their twitter - check the replies area. :) 

This is what I expect to see today.

Campers,

We want to give you a little update on the status of dedicated servers. Given the state of the game, along with our track record as a company, it's difficult for Microsoft and Sony to trust us with the security of their networks. They have standards so high that it becomes a near impossible task for a self-proclaimed small studio such as ourselves. We may never reach the level required to make dedicated servers a reality. This is the unfortunate truth.

We're also busy putting out a dumpster fire related to the Savini Code "theft" that was exposed on reddit recently. Sweeping a matter like this under the rug takes a great deal of time and energy, as well as a really big broom. If we were to do the right thing, and hold true to our word that Savini Jason is only for backers, it would create a lot of extra work for us. It might even expose other improprieties.

The unfortunate truth is that Savini Jason is no longer exclusive to backers, he also never was. We apologize to the fans that believed in us from the very beginning. You didn't get what we promised, we violated your trust, and we're sorry. We'll do our best to make this up to you by throwing some smoke grenades followed by some new content as a diversion.

We chose to prioritize other tasks ahead of dedicated servers because we lack the understanding necessary to make effective decisions regarding the needs of our playerbase. We lacked the foresight to add this feature in the early stages of development. We're trying to correct this now, but it might be a case of too little too late. Back in August we told you that dedicated servers were the better option and to give us a couple months. We lied, and once again we are sorry.

We are going to do our best to make dedicated servers a reality, but these things take time. Armed with the best of intentions and a lack of ability we'll continue to march forward toward this goal. This is the kind of transparency that you deserve. Your passion for our dysfunctional game warms our hearts and lines our pockets. We are undeserving of such a loyal fanbase, so for that we thank you!

See you at camp... rubberbanding back to the car!

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

They kinda already told us dedicated servers are coming when they said the new gamemode was put on hold.

lol they've said they were coming for the past 5 months (some might argue longer) - we know they are 'coming' it's just we are all wanting news on exactly when it is they are 'coming' and what state they are in/if any progress has been made in the past 5 months! - Their twitter - (check replies section) states we can expect news today! What that news is we don't know for sure atm, hence why I created this thread to allow us to speculate! :) 

5 minutes ago, scorpio said:

I'm English so that's why the date is the way it is. I know in America it would read as 02/05/18 right? I'll edit the date now so it doesn't confuse anyone anymore as I think most reading these forums are American anyways! :) 

I've seen on their twitter - check the replies area. :) 

Hey no worries I just thought a date was given for May, my apologies. You don’t have to change the date you could just say today. 

But thanks for the heads up I’ll have to give it a looksy. I don’t really check out many social media hubs. I suppose I should try and start. 

21 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

Campers,

We want to give you a little update on the status of dedicated servers. Given the state of the game, along with our track record as a company, it's difficult for Microsoft and Sony to trust us with the security of their network. They have standards so high that it becomes a near impossible task for a self-proclaimed small studio such as ourselves. We may never reach the level required to make dedicated servers a reality. This is the unfortunate truth.

We're also busy putting out a dumpster fire related to the Savini Code "theft" that was exposed on reddit recently. Sweeping a matter like this under the rug takes a great deal of time and energy, as well as a really big broom. If we were to do the right thing, and hold true to our word that Savini Jason is only for backers, it would create a lot of extra work for us. It might even expose other improprieties.

The unfortunate truth is that Savini Jason is no longer exclusive to backers, he also never was. We apologize to the fans that believed in us from the very begining. You didn't get what we promised, we violated your trust, and we're sorry. We'll do our best to make this up to you by throwing some smoke grenades followed by some new content as a diversion.

We chose to prioritize other tasks ahead of dedicated servers because we lack the understanding necessary to make effective decisions regarding the needs of our playerbase. We lacked the foresight to add this feature in the early stages of development. We're trying to correct this now, but it might be a case of too little too late. Back in August we told you that dedicated servers were the better option and to give us a couple months. We lied, and once again we are sorry.

We are doing to do our best to make dedicated servers a reality, but these things take time. Armed with the best of intentions and a lack of ability we'll continue to march forward toward this goal. This is the kind of transparency that you deserve. Your passion for our disfunctional game warms our hearts and lines our pockets. We are undeserving of such a loyal fanbase, so for that we thank you!

lol - it's concerning TBH that only last week they declared so triumphantly that dedicated servers were now being made a priority hence why Paranoia Mode was being 'put on hold' (I'm still convinced that mode will never see the light of day now), yet for all of us paying attention to their posts about dedicated servers previously, we had been lead to believe they were already a priority for the past 5 months, so it begs the question, were they a priority before last week/did they even do anything in regards making progress with the dedicated servers for the past 5 months?! Questions that hopefully this news today will help clear up! :) 

7 minutes ago, scorpio said:

lol they've said they were coming for the past 5 months (some might argue longer) - we know they are 'coming' it's just we are all wanting news on exactly when it is they are 'coming' and what state they are in/if any progress has been made in the past 5 months! - Their twitter - (check replies section) states we can expect news today! What that news is we don't know for sure atm, hence why I created this thread to allow us to speculate! :) 

I did check their replies and only one said they would have information, they doesn't mean it's gonna be today 

The user asked of Monday we are getting dedicated servers and they replied no, but we will have information. Doesn't mean Today is when we'll learn more. Tho I hope they give us information on dedicated servers.

28 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

Campers,

We want to give you a little update on the status of dedicated servers. Given the state of the game, along with our track record as a company, it's difficult for Microsoft and Sony to trust us with the security of their network. They have standards so high that it becomes a near impossible task for a self-proclaimed small studio such as ourselves. We may never reach the level required to make dedicated servers a reality. This is the unfortunate truth.

The unfortunate truth is that Savini Jason is no longer exclusive to backers, he also never was. We apologize to the fans that believed in us from the very begining. You didn't get what we promised, we violated your trust, and we're sorry. We'll do our best to make this up to you by throwing some smoke grenades followed by some new content as a diversion.

We are doing to do our best to make dedicated servers a reality, but these things take time. Armed with the best of intentions and a lack of ability we'll continue to march forward toward this goal. This is the kind of transparency that you deserve. Your passion for our disfunctional game warms our hearts and lines our pockets. We are undeserving of such a loyal fanbase, so for that we thank you!

Nice!  All of this except the apology part.  Gun will never apologize.  After all the blunders and horrible way they treated backers and the community, they still haven't said sorry or given an actual apology for how awful it's been.  The only "apology" we have gotten was asking us to buy more from them by giving us "discounted" DLC no one asked for during PAX.  Seriously.  That is what they thought was a proper way to say sorry for all the mistakes and community neglect at the time was to push out paid DLC.  

Just now, Corkenstein said:

Nice!  All of this except the apology part.  Gun will never apologize.  After all the blunders and horrible way they treated backers and the community, they still haven't said sorry or given an actual apology for how awful it's been.  The only "apology" we have gotten was asking us to buy more from them by giving us "discounted" DLC no one asked for during PAX.  Seriously.  That is what they thought was a proper way to say sorry for all the mistakes and community neglect at the time was to push out paid DLC.  

Don't forget they kinda said we blew up the servers on launch when they put out the free Retro Jason 

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I did check their replies and only one said they would have information, they doesn't mean it's gonna be today 

The user asked of Monday we are getting dedicated servers and they replied no, but we will have information. Doesn't mean Today is when we'll learn more. Tho I hope they give us information on dedicated servers.

Check further back, trust me they have said on other social media (e.g Discord) there was info today. I have heard from people who were in the discord and heard it straight from the horses mouths (from the devs themselves I mean)!  - The tweet means they'll have info on Monday - this is what prompted the guy to ask if we were getting servers on Monday, coz he had heard that they were releasing info on the servers on Monday! :) - I'm guessing the news shld drop anytime between 2-6 hours from now (so around 6PM-10PM GMT - English Time) as I know their timezone is several hours behind ours (Englands) and that's around the time we usually see the twitter page get updated! :) 

8 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Gun never treated backers badly.

They certainly screwed up.

Non-backers treated backers badly.

From refusing to accept the exclusivity of Savini, quitting matches with him and advocating others do the same, to some going as far as advocating Gun screw the backers over and put Savini for sale.

I guarantee most of the loudest stating Savini isn't exclusive anymore are the same non-backers that would also state they should just give him to everyone.

They aren't doing any of it in an altruistic sense only to further their own ends, either receiving Savini or causing more frustration in the community out of spite.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, scorpio said:

Check further back, trust me they have said on other social media (e.g Discord) there was info today. I have heard from people who were in the discord and heard it straight from the horses mouths (from the devs themselves I mean)!  - The tweet means they'll have info on Monday - this is what prompted the guy to ask if we were getting servers on Monday, coz he had heard that they were releasing info on the servers on Monday! :) - I'm guessing the news shld drop anytime between 2-6 hours from now (so around 6PM-10PM GMT - English Time) as I know their timezone is several hours behind ours (Englands) and that's around the time we usually see the twitter page get updated! :) 

I have gone back, only thing they said was "Soon" for information. So we'll see what happens, only gonna take this with a grain of salt.  

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Don't forget they kinda said we blew up the servers on launch when they put out the free Retro Jason 

True but all that was is the same skin as J3 with a different color palette and music behind it.  Its not a completely new Jason with new stats.  It was something created in 5 minutes.  

Just now, Corkenstein said:

True but all that was is the same skin as J3 with a different color palette and music behind it.  Its not a completely new Jason with new stats.  It was something created in 5 minutes.  

I know (The video was meant to show how they said we blew up their servers lol) That's why I shared it. The clothes were nice and so was the CP and XP. 

• Like 1