Sign in to follow this  
final_gal

Thick skinned vs. Medic

Thick skinned vs. Medic  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer Thick skinned or Medic?

• Thick skinned
    • Medic
    • Equip both

Though I like both, I slightly prefer thick skinned because it lets you tank traps without needing a med spray, especially now that they have become scarcer. 

It lets you take more overall damage, which can be useful against slashers. Healing right in front of Jason can be problematic because his hitting animation usually interrupts the healing animation. 

On the other hand, I tend to use Medic on high luck counselors (6 and above) because they don't have to worry that much about window damage. 

Which one do you prefer anf why? Is it counselor-dependent? Or do you use both at the same time? 

I use both.  You can usually still find 2 or more sprays (so you get 4) and if you get a knife to cover a mistake you can still juke for quite a long time.  

Why is there no choice for "Neither"?  Since the game came out I have never used either one of them.  I can understand people using them, but, to me, they are a crutch.  A new player to the game rolling them and using them, sure, I get that.  But anyone who has played enough to know the ins and outs of the game (and enjoy the thrill of the chase and possible death they receive) I feel could better enjoy the game by unequipping them and focusing on improving each individual characters strengths or boosting a weakness instead.  Keeping them off stays in-line with the survival/horror aspect I want from this game.

Edit 1: @Vaderspupil They certainly don't (as they shouldn't) and feel things like Restful or Level Headed would be better used perks.  To my knowledge, I have Restful (14%+,0%-) across the board, MDaC (30%+,2%-) on maybe 4 people, and the others I can't remember right now (not on the game currently).

Edit 2:  I just realized I should have said that I like to keep my selection on Random, as I don't like using the same person over and over and like each match to be different.  My perk selection I guess wouldn't apply to anyone who "mains" a character.

12 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

Why is there no choice for "Neither"?  Since the game came out I have never used either one of them.  I can understand people using them, but, to me, they are a crutch.  A new player to the game rolling them and using them, sure, I get that.  But anyone who has played enough to know the ins and outs of the game (and enjoy the thrill of the chase and possible death they receive) I feel could better enjoy the game by unequipping them and focusing on improving each individual characters strengths or boosting a weakness instead.  Keeping them off stays in-line with the survival/horror aspect I want from this game.

They certainly don't make you invincible. I main both of them and still die plenty.:mellow:

I actually never run Medic on any counselors (I've never had a need for it. There have always been plenty of sprays laying around). Think Skinned is pretty standard for me though.

I always run medic, rarely run thick-skinned. I think it’s more helpful since it can save you from limping twice and you can heal other teammates when they’re injured. I feel like running both is unnecessary.

I run medic, think skin, and marathon on all. I play random as long as there are ample fixers in the lobby. Can't have enough stamina in this game, and thick skin is great on anyone as well. I run medic so I can heal anyone I come across, i've always played the Cleric or healer class in any game it was possible. So I try to do the same here.

Thick Skin mainly because there are plenty of health sprays and stamina perks keep you away from Jason enough. On Jenny I run epic Thick Skin, Restful and Marathon.