Alien_Number_Six

The dance parties are over. The councilors are running scared.

Had some matches last night with some friends in an organized lobby.

3 counselor matches:

*Escaped as Mitch

*Died as LaChappa (Tommy accidentally led Jason to me on the way to a cabin)

*Escaped as Shelly

1 Round as Jason (Part 5):

*6/8 : Killed the 3 who tried to fight me around the car and a couple cabin hoppers up the street from the main house on Packn'. It gave someone time to actually use one of those knives to silently kill the trap on the phone and get off the call. The only two who got away were those two who hightailed it as soon as the cops got to the exit. Good for them. I try to not concern myself with how many die or get away. I'm interested in the feel of everything. The two that got away were smart and didn't waste time for a dance party. Everyone else ran like hell or tossed everything but the kitchen sink at me in a bigger group (just to buy time to run away). I claimed my toll and the two that escaped were celebrating in chat at the end of the game; excited as hell. Good to hear people having a lot of fun again (because they were scared/stressed facing Jason).

12 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

This is a video game forum with the intent to discuss the game. It is not a political platform to discuss social issues. if that is your goal here, you may be frequenting the wrong forum. Please return to the forum topic as previously asked. It is not my place to take a stand against anything and only to enforce the forum rules and moderate content pertaining to discussion. Your assistance in this is greatly appreciated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t understand why so many people are upset over a frog cartoon. Not even going to go into depth on that one. 

On topic however, I have never witnessed a single dance party even during the previous patch. I did have my fill of counselor tea bagging but many of those players died because they thought they could troll me. Nowadays I’ve had maybe two players so far that have tea bagged. They both died and better still the game is far more enjoyable with the changes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

. Good to hear people having a lot of fun again (because they were scared/stressed facing Jason).

It is way better, I have been so confused by the number of people who don't want it to be harder, it really does make it scarier. Also not on topic at all but I'll try to connect it. I so badly now want a Wheelchair character. Just picture that first escape to the cops, or being left in the cars backseat. While Jason kills two of the passengers, just for the third to get in and drive you both to safety. Saving(escaping with) Mark should be worth extra xp. Man, I might even change my mind about dancing if Mark can do it, in the chair of course.

9 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

3 counselor matches:

*Escaped as Mitch

*Escaped as Shelly

*6/8 : Killed the 3 who tried to fight me around the car and a couple cabin hoppers us the street from the main house on Packn'. It gave someone time to actually use one of those knives to silently kill the trap on the phone and get off the call. The only two who got away were those two who hightailed it as soon as the cops got to the exit. Good for them. I try to not concern myself with how many die or get away. I'm interested in the feel of everything. The two that got away were smart and didn't waste time for a dance party. Everyone else ran like hell or tossed everything but the kitchen sink at me in a bigger group (just to buy time to run away). I claimed my toll and the two that escaped were celebrating in chat at the end of the game; excited as hell. Good to hear people having a lot of fun again (because they were scared/stressed facing Jason).

Y6LRekC.gif

Ohh Alk.. you and your kind way of trying to rerail this shit show. For your efforts:

lDVqnfH.gif

1) I still see the Occasional dance party.

2) I also see people that want to be Chad with swift attacker and slugfer equipped, roll in groups to stun Jason. However, it typically does not end well for them.

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I don't think that's a dance, we where talking about dancing. Oh, and how good the update is.

what do you think about the dance parties.

Everyone was just saying how they are glad no one is sweating to the Oldies with Richard Simmons in front of the cop exit anymore.

Since the latest patch, I haven't seen anymore dancers, they run. Another thing I've noticed is no one seems to want to wail away on Jason with a baseball bat anymore, they just wack him once, and run away, at least in my experience, something I'm very happy about :)

I saw a Chad dance the other day when I was Jason. I was chopping a door down and saw him through the hole in the door. Across the cabin. Right next to a window. Dancing. 

Brave. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

3 counselor matches:

*Escaped as Mitch

*Escaped as Shelly

*6/8 : Killed the 3 who tried to fight me around the car and a couple cabin hoppers us the street from the main house on Packn'. It gave someone time to actually use one of those knives to silently kill the trap on the phone and get off the call. The only two who got away were those two who hightailed it as soon as the cops got to the exit. Good for them. I try to not concern myself with how many die or get away. I'm interested in the feel of everything. The two that got away were smart and didn't waste time for a dance party. Everyone else ran like hell or tossed everything but the kitchen sink at me in a bigger group (just to buy time to run away). I claimed my toll and the two that escaped were celebrating in chat at the end of the game; excited as hell. Good to hear people having a lot of fun again (because they were scared/stressed facing Jason).

I'm not even going to comment on the stupid Pepe gifs. That is not the point of this. @Alkavian gets the point. This is about the fact that dance parties are few and far between now. I have seen a few since the latest patch, but they are not near as prevalent as they were before 1/30. Teabagging is still there, but, if a counselor knocks Jason down (whether it's me playing him, or somebody else), is kind of to be expected. Hell, people were teabagging on multiplayer in the original Halo. I get that it is a part of online gaming, even though I don't personally participate in the behavior, as I think it is stupid.

Sounds like you had some pretty good games Alk. Unfortunately, I had my ass handed to me this morning as Pt. VII Jason at Higgins, and I was defending him just yesterday. <_< But, it wasn't his weaknesses that did me in, it was a group of well organized counselors that split me up trying to cover the different objectives. Also, I made some bone-headed decisions during the match. As it turned out, the cops were called within 5 minutes, 2 escaped on the boat (the fucking boat! And I had +water speed!) I just didn't check it often enough. At the end of the match, 6 people escaped. 2 by boat, 3 in the 4-seater (which I stopped twice), and 1 via the cops. It was a humbling experience. No trash talking in the lobby though, everyone was excited, including me. I just made too many mistakes.

The next match, I was Mitch. (random) We were going against Part VIII Jason. I was able to put the battery and gas in the 4 seater. The cops didn't get called, because the Jason player was pretty much camping the fuse box. 2 of us escaped in the 4 seater with me driving. I drove around a couple of times, trying to pick up some more people, but I wasn't able to. I ended up having to go off-road to avoid Jason, and we just booked it to the exit. 4 of us escaped. Unfortunately, the guy that came back as Tommy died fairly quickly. I think he was trying to help, but I was too busy trying to get my ass out of there to really notice what he was doing.

All in all, it was a fun couple of matches. I hope to get some more playing time in later today, but I'm not sure I will be able to.

TL;DR I am glad that I do not see as many dance parties anymore. It is a shame that sometimes I have to do private matches to get the thrill that is intended, but I am grateful that I have that option. Really excited about the game again.

Just now, DasMurich said:

I saw a Chad dance the other day when I was Jason. I was chopping a door down and saw him through the hole in the door. Across the cabin. Right next to a window. Dancing. 

Brave. 

Please tell me Chad payed for his dancing?

7 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Please tell me Chad payed for his dancing?

That one did yes

47 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

2) I also see people that want to be Chad with swift attacker and slugfer equipped, roll in groups to stun Jason. However, it typically does not end well for them.

Well Chad is Battlechad! We are the protectors! We protect the group from harm! No dance parties with this Chad! 

tumblr_os2z68CJPY1rigbfgo1_500.png

Yah, the dance party is over BUT it's being replaced with something worse. They are dancing together, then dying, then the host is leaving.

2 minutes ago, J-Ray said:

Yah, the dance party is over BUT it's being replaced with something worst. They are dancing together, then dying, then the host is leaving.

That will soon be fixed when dedicated servers are put out. 

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

That will soon be fixed when dedicated servers are put out. 

For all those people that said that dedicated servers weren't coming:

tumblr_m3po64whix1qhut4e.jpg.6fc7497fcea12d431e5e2de780a32e34.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

For all those people that said that dedicated servers weren't coming:

tumblr_m3po64whix1qhut4e.jpg.6fc7497fcea12d431e5e2de780a32e34.jpg

Lol I knew sooner or later we would get news that it was either now being worked on or they are gonna have to delay them. Glad they aren't delayed lol 

5 minutes ago, J-Ray said:

When are they coming?

They stated in a post that dedicated servers and content is their first priority so hopefully we can get them in the near future. 

well, best not to count our orgasms before the tidal wave comes in.

Nah... I still dance and teabag.  Nothing will change that since I'm not trying to get away from him when I stun him.  I'm usually just waiting around until he recovers, so I might as well do some psychological damage as well >:D

13 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

And Jason is back! When he arrived to slay me today during a few quick play matches before work I felt fear and anxiety once again! So I fixed the car and left. :)

Well, I just got out of a game where my Jason got the shit kicked out of him, so don't go partying just yet.  I didn't get killed but the counselors were able to do get my mask off way too easy. 

Counselors can still get too close to Jason without consequence. I think that I won't be playing the game like I used to. It does take a little more skill but Jason is still a pinata waiting to be busted open.

Don't know about you guys but I still see dancing in almost every QP match I'm in and they usually all survive which I'm totally fine with. Jason's already been buffed, he doesn't need more. A lot of people are just trying to take the fun out of being a counselor. 

2 minutes ago, Caulus said:

Well, I just got out of a game where my Jason got the shit kicked out of him, so don't go partying just yet.  I didn't get killed but the counselors were able to do get my mask off way too easy. 

Counselors can still get too close to Jason without consequence. I think that I won't be playing the game like I used to. It does take a little more skill but Jason is still a pinata waiting to be busted open.

Exactly.  I mention as well as other that this patch only made it harder for mediocre player to mess with Jason.  Players with real balls and not fake ones (pocket knives) still has Jason's number.

I'm just glad the counselors are more scared of Jason now. It's a little less stressful playing as him now.