Alien_Number_Six

The dance parties are over. The councilors are running scared.

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Again he'll grab you :j2:

Chad's fast as fuck boi.

fastasfuckboi.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, anon said:

Chad's fast as fuck boi.

fastasfuckboi.jpg

Ah a chad like me 

Part 5 is terrifying. And I haven’t found a pocket knife in the 8 games I’ve played so far. Just running for my life around Pinehurst with no clue and I love it. 

8 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Ah a chad like me 

Chad is the superior counselor.

On PC, they're just hacking in a million pocketknives. You can't take a step on PC without getting 100 pocketknives in the neck.

54 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

For real. Nothing like using the racist meme Pepe the Frog to show your true troll status. 

Normie enters stage left. 

• Like 1

Dance parties are still a thing, but it shows how some people have not quite figured out that there was a shift in gameplay (into what is the absolutely right direction to me). I had a session yesterday where I got an early kill with part 8. Everyvody else basically seeked me out afterwards and mobbed me with a group of six.

I played aggresively and went for grabs in the beginning. Of course I was surrounded by all the counselors who swung for the fences. I lost the mask quite early. There wasn't a single player going for objectives or the sweater. They continued swarming me and trying to keep me stunned. The Adam who was hosting the game turned into Chad, teabagging and dancing and others followed suite shortly thereafter.

I had rage after a very short time and started to resort to slashing. After a few hits which got multiple counselors at once, two where severely injured an and they made a quick - still quite organized - retreat to a cabin. I caught two of them on the road, headbutting an AJ to death, slashing a Vanessa. 

The rest makes it to cabin. I break the door down quickly, catch Adam, but get bodyblocked in the other doorframe so he wiggles free. Of course he celebrates with a short dance. Another shift scatters everyone, I activate stalk. Adam and Vanessa lock themselves down in a room. I count to three, than rage through the breakable wall. 

Adam's initial reflex is to engage, but I scare him off. While doing so I turn the camera and see Vanessa crawling out from underneath a bed. I immediatly head over just in time to bodyblock her. She also gets headbutted into the otherworld, with Adam wasting his stamina in a last ditch effort to run over and safe her. It was such a wonderful moment.

And that point I had three survivors left. Chadam, a Kenny and a Deborah. The latter two are definetly nowhere near an objective. I uncontrollably start to giggle - don't worry, the mic is on mute - when I slowly but surely pursuit Adam. He is panting like the asmathic in physical ed. My giggle turns into manical laughter as I grab him outside the cabin and chokeslam him on a tree stump with suspiciously sharplooking edges. My screen goes black immediatly and a message pops up: "Host has left the game"

I would of course been happier with going 7/7, collecting a nice chunk of EXP. But making this player quit I still consider a good success. I was laughing with joy. I'm not into pissing others off so much they quit, but if you dance everytime Jason is stunned and hostquit as soon as you get caught, you are nothing but a troll. And no, I'm not in the "dance emotes ruin everything" camp. It's those kind of players that do.

If you go the - understandable - tl;dr route: Swarming can still work as viable tactic. You need to know when to stop, though. Even with the wonky combat mechanics, you still get hit when Jason slashes. And you can't rely on others holding their lines once they're crippled. And there are still people out their abusing dance emotes to troll and teabagging. Jason can still be a Piniata, but if he breaks through "enemy lines", "you dun goofed".

5 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yeah you can still get ganked as Jason but you can generally wipe out the councilors if they lack mics and teamwork.

That's how its always been. I think you guys are being little too hopeful about this. Something is back but its not Jason. 

Give it some time, you'll see. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

That's how its always been. I think you guys are being little too hopeful about this. Something is back but its not Jason. 

Give it some time, you'll see. 

Exactly. Things are a little better for Jason but overall balance hasn't changed. It's a few less items / weapons on the map, a 1% speed increase and a better grab. Meanwhile a good lobby can still pummel Jason into the ground.

The best a Jason can do is circumvent his vulnerabilities in various ways, but the average player isn't going to have a clue about that. Requires a good understanding of the mechanics to do so.

2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Exactly. Things are a little better for Jason but overall balance hasn't changed. It's a few less items / weapons on the map, a 1% speed increase and a better grab. Meanwhile a good lobby can still pummel Jason into the ground.

Yes, but their weapons break, and now they don't have the armoury to replace them with. 

2 minutes ago, TheLawOfLogic said:

Yes, but their weapons break, and now they don't have the armoury to replace them with. 

Unless of course you're high Luck counselor with a wrench that lasts 15 hits. Don't even need a weapon replacement potentially. Short range but fast and good stun chance. Not to mention if you add sucker punch / swift attacker / man at arms.

43 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Unless of course you're high Luck counselor with a wrench that lasts 15 hits. Don't even need a weapon replacement potentially. Short range but fast and good stun chance. Not to mention if you add sucker punch / swift attacker / man at arms.

15 hits is a huge exaggeration. I know Chad's bat lasts 6 or 7 hits. You're going to be very unlucky if you're surrounded by Chads. I've noticed far fewer Chads since the update.  And they're far more scared to swarm you now due to lack of knives.

7 minutes ago, TheLawOfLogic said:

15 hits is a huge exaggeration. I know Chad's bat lasts 6 or 7 hits. You're going to be very unlucky if you're surrounded by Chads. I've noticed far fewer Chads since the update.  And they're far more scared to swarm you now due to lack of knives.

It's actually 5 baseball hits for 10 Luck. Read weapon durability stats Here in the Luck section. I wasn't exaggerating about the wrench.

1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

It's actually 5 baseball hits for 10 Luck. Read weapon durability stats Here in the Luck section. I wasn't exaggerating.

Wow, that's surprising. But the wrench doesn't always stun so it's a huge risk for him.

5 hours ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

Dance parties are still a thing, but it shows how some people have not quite figured out that there was a shift in gameplay (into what is the absolutely right direction to me).

Believe it or not, some people know and just don’t take the video game too seriously.

7 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

Believe it or not, some people know and just don’t take the video game too seriously.

Well, this guy took it seriously, otherwise he wouldn't have ragequit...

3 minutes ago, TheLawOfLogic said:

I know that, but I was making a point about double standards in the West.   As for Pepe, some nationalists use the meme. Some people who aren't nationalists use the meme.  Leftists love the guilt by association fallacy though.  

I know, it's all insane due to who can out virtue signal who.

But back to Jason, I am excited he has his powers back! No more troll stun dance parties!!!

wp1852281.jpg

OK this topic is not about Pepe and his origins please return to the topic. 

24 minutes ago, BritGamer95 said:

I am glad he is scary now I can really start to enjoy the game like it was at the start.

It has been good since the update, so much running for our lives.

I don't hate the dancing, but the dance parties over stunned Jason annoy me so much. As Jason, I wish it would let me pin the counselors foot to the ground with a throwing knife. Go straight to limping, do not past go, do not collect two hundred dollars. 

It’s certainly better than when I last played. Of course my inaugural run with Roy was um...less than I expected. But I did manage to go 7/8 with Shelly escaping because like the prankster he is, he had two pocket knives and hid out til the popo got there. 

7 minutes ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

It’s certainly better than when I last played. Of course my inaugural run with Roy was um...less than I expected. But I did manage to go 7/8 with Shelly escaping because like the prankster he is, he had two pocket knives and hid out til the popo got there. 

My first outing with Roy, I only got four. I was to busy looking at the map, I wandered empty houses for ten mins., I would have gotten more but I only broke the doors on the first house. So they just house jumped the last two mins.