sorry if this is too off topic but, how are the counselors alerted? like, how are they aware jason is there. We know i mean we play the game but how do the in game characters know?

sorry if this is too off topic but, how are the counselors alerted? like, how are they aware jason is there. We know i mean we play the game but how do the in game characters know?

When the game starts that is the point where all hell has broke loose and all counselors are aware of Jason's presence. There is no grace period so to speak prior to that as not to give away where items are on the map. Maps will be randomly generated each time so you will not know where things spawned in.

I think there is a scream that is heard once the match starts.

I think there is a scream that is heard once the match starts.

Could work! I think it would be cool if it was more than that though, cause we as players know Jason is coming, but in the game's narrative that would mean that 7 counselors' response to hearing a scream would be : OH SHIT I'm getting out of here I'm repairing the car/calling the police and getting the F out.

That's a hell of a leap for a scream. However I understand that all counselors spawn at different locations so they couldn't all spot Jason or witness a murder... Curious to see how they make it feel real, I'm sure it's gonna be really cool!

Could work! I think it would be cool if it was more than that though, cause we as players know Jason is coming, but in the game's narrative that would mean that 7 counselors' response to hearing a scream would be : OH SHIT I'm getting out of here I'm repairing the car/calling the police and getting the F out.

That's a hell of a leap for a scream. However I understand that all counselors spawn at different locations so they couldn't all spot Jason or witness a murder... Curious to see how they make it feel real, I'm sure it's gonna be really cool!

Well I'm not sure how they could do it any other way. Realistic? Probably not but how else could they do it?

Well I'm not sure how they could do it any other way. Realistic? Probably not but how else could they do it?

Not sure :/ Maybe keep the scream and add the power going out (it would also add a step, turn the power back on, to calling the police).

A cool thing could be that wherever the counselors are, at the start of the match they could hear Pamela whisper : « Kill them, Jason, kill for mommy », which would make them stop doing what theyre doing and make them wanna leave. (I understand that that might be too supernatural though since as far as we know, Pamela's voice is ONLY in Jason's head)

Not sure :/ Maybe keep the scream and add the power going out (it would also add a step, turn the power back on, to calling the police).

A cool thing could be that wherever the counselors are, at the start of the match they could hear Pamela whisper : « Kill them, Jason, kill for mommy », which would make them stop doing what theyre doing and make them wanna leave. (I understand that that might be too supernatural though since as far as we know, Pamela's voice is ONLY in Jason's head)

Yes thatd be a streatch... and considering they want to be film accurate that wouldn't be a good idea just for the sake of "realism" when a scream is passable. Let's not screw with the lore more than Part VI and beyond movies already have xD

When the game starts that is the point where all hell has broke loose and all counselors are aware of Jason's presence. There is no grace period so to speak prior to that as not to give away where items are on the map. Maps will be randomly generated each time so you will not know where things spawned in.

Actually that is a very good question. I know we the players know what is going on and will immediately run to do our objectives. But how do the counselors know about the danger/Jason? To use Dead by Daylight as a example in that game we are already kidnapped by the killer so we know about the danger and immediately try to escape. Maybe a body has already been discovered prior to the match or someone screaming help me super loudly over the camp PA system all over the camp as Jason kills them on speaker.

We have some hopes for how counselors will spawn in... some ones talked about were:

- having beers around a campfire

- just spawning out alone

- getting dressed after sex.

Not much more has been said.

Let's think up some here...

+ Getting dressed after a shower

+ Smoking a cigarette leaning against a tree

+ Reading a book (Bookish Girl)

+ Taking a jog (Athletic girl/jock or both)

Guys think of some?

+ Doing something with/on a computer (Nerd)

+ Setting up a D&D game which no one else wants to play (Nerd)

• Like 1

We have some hopes for how counselors will spawn in... some ones talked about were:

- having beers around a campfire

- just spawning out alone

- getting dressed after sex.

Not much more has been said.

Let's think up some here...

+ Getting dressed after a shower

+ Smoking a cigarette leaning against a tree

+ Reading a book (Bookish Girl)

+ Taking a jog (Athletic girl/jock or both)

Guys think of some?

I really like these ideas, and the ideas in this thread are awesome. I would love for the counselors to have a little bit of character that makes them feel a little more 'human' at the start of a match. 

I remember Wes said that ESRB has them between M and AO as of now, and I think nudity might be on the chopping block in some way to cut it back to a hard M rating. I know nudity is a part of F13 but I would rather see that cut than kills censored or taken out completely. 

I think it's just a gameplay choice. Not everything will fit the narrative, but balance is paramount when making an asymmetrical game. Still excited to see how it will all work though

Spawn in the car as a passenger who tried to flee but was stopped by jason the driver is either missing or dead. The car now needs to be repaired or is disabled permanently.