Andre

This game is dying and I blame Gun Media

Its all because Gun Media is a stubborn company and REFUSES to allow Friday the 13th to be what it is/was last summer, a free for all survival game.

They gave into the crybabies about team killing and removed it, which removed thousands of players, they gave into crybabies and nerfed Jason to hell, which removed thousands of MORE players...and now the game is having bad word of mouth and its causing the game to lose sales, so with less and less sales Gun Media is putting less and less into the game and content (Paranoia/Single Player Challenges) is getting canceled and delayed, smh, and its because the game is losing sales which in turn is because Gun Media is holding the game back from being what it was, what it is, an exciting free for all survival game.

So in short bring back team killing, add more weapons and means for the counselors to slaughter Jason and each other, BUFF Jason and make him actually a threat and not a turtle/punching bag, and players will return and tell their buddies to grab the game aswell, trust me I know what im talking about,

dozens of my own personal friends that I played with last summer simply refuse to play now that team killing is gone, and some refuse to play now because its too easy to escape, and some because, well its too repetitive. 

Gun Media; Stop listening to the damn crybabies on your forum and on twitter and facebook about how "Jason is OP" and "Bugzy keeps killing me!", because in your efforts to please the people on your forum, you have driven away the majority of your player base, and now all thats left playing the game is the people from your forum, which isnt much and therefore doesnt allow you Gun Media to make more money from the game.

P.S. someone last summer was actually such a sore loser that they told me they'd rather see this game die then for the devs to bring back team killing. Smh well

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Andre said:

They gave into the crybabies about team killing and removed it

It's only removed from online, you can still team kill in private matches. 

Now, team killing was moved because everyone was killing everyone, it was trolls who ruined this good feature. If the trolls didn't ruin it then we wouldn't have seen this remove. They didn't give in to the crybabies they saw it was becoming an issue and that was gonna ruin the game for those seeking a game that was fun, being killed by a random player for no reason isn't fun.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

On 2/3/2018 at 7:22 PM, Andre said:

Its all because Gun Media is a stubborn company and REFUSES to allow Friday the 13th to be what it is/was last summer, a free for all survival game.

They gave into the crybabies about team killing and removed it, which removed thousands of players, they gave into crybabies and nerfed Jason to hell, which removed thousands of MORE players...and now the game is having bad word of mouth and its causing the game to lose sales, so with less and less sales Gun Media is putting less and less into the game and content (Paranoia/Single Player Challenges) is getting canceled and delayed, smh, and its because the game is losing sales which in turn is because Gun Media is holding the game back from being what it was, what it is, an exciting free for all survival game.

You want a game for back stabbing people go play The Division. It was made for free for all. Team killing was ruined by players who abused it because they thought it was fun to kill everyone in the lobby. Hence it’s removal from Public play like Ghost said. You want to murder your friends go play private matches. We don’t need more trolls ruining decent games because they enjoy griefing others. We lived that shit show and I don’t want it back again because it will inevitably be abused. 

It only takes one asshole to ruin the fun for everybody so here it stands. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MyNameisJason said:

You want a game for back stabbing people go play The Division. It was made for free for all. Team killing was ruined by players who abused it because they thought it was fun to kill everyone in the lobby. Hence it’s removal from Public play like Ghost said. You want to murder your friends go play private matches. We don’t need more trolls ruining decent games because they enjoy griefing others. We loved that shit show and I don’t want it back again because it will inevitably be abused. 

It only takes one asshole to ruin the fun for everybody so here it stands. 

Please, sometimes sucess doesnt always come from something that was intended, like it or not, the game was at its best late June, July, and early August of last year b4 team killing was removed and Jason was nerfed, like it or not counselors are more efficient killers than Jason in this game because hes too darn slow. And like it or not numbers dont lie, when team killing was removed, the majority of people who played this game left, now alp thats left is us...

2 minutes ago, Andre said:

Please, sometimes sucess doesnt always come from something that was intended, like it or not, the game was at its best late June, July, and early August of last year b4 team killing was removed and Jason was nerfed, like it or not counselors are more efficient killers than Jason in this game because hes too darn slow. And like it or not numbers dont lie, when team killing was removed, the majority of people who played this game left, now alp thats left is us...

Yet on PS4 it's top selling lol Team killing is still there in private matches like I've pointed out. People ruined it, they used it too much and because of that made playing games less fun for those wanting to play a Friday the 13th game. 

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

Yet on PS4 it's top selling lol Team killing is still there in private matches like I've pointed out. People ruined it, they used it too much and because of that made playing games less fun for those wanting to play a Friday the 13th game. 

Well if it is top selling om PS4 Im glad, but on Steam or whatever its called it damn near dead, and with the recent news/cancellation of Paranoia and the never ending delay of single player challenges (not something Im press for just taking it into account), it seems tge devs are losing interest which leads me to believe that it can only be because of 1 thing, the game isnt making money like it was, which leads me to get pissed off at the devs for removing features from the game that made it so popular and fun.

3 minutes ago, Andre said:

Well if it is top selling om PS4 Im glad, but on Steam or whatever its called it damn near dead, and with the recent news/cancellation of Paranoia and the never ending delay of single player challenges (not something Im press for just taking it into account), it seems tge devs are losing interest which leads me to believe that it can only be because of 1 thing, the game isnt making money like it was, which leads me to get pissed off at the devs for removing features from the game that made it so popular and fun.

The game mode wasn't cancelled it was put on hold to get dedicated servers up. So please make sure you get the facts straight there. Second the game will start to get back to what it was when Gun fixes some issues and start showing they can work on this game right. The game isn't dead it's still alive with the people here. 

Yes, it's true Jason did get castrated steadily with the constant nerfs since the beginning.

Yes, it is true this game favors a team of counselors that know how to work together and the changes over this game's full year release have been aimed to make the counselor experience easier.

It just is what it is at this point. I don't expect Gunmedia to fix Jason's atrocious melee weapon hitboxes, Jason's underpowered Stalk, the bubble protection windows, the icon parts on map, etc. etc. any time soon. Just play the game for what it is and suggest improvements so Gunmedia can be aware of the issues.

On a balance, what is good/bad with Team Killing and ask yourself if it's legitimate to put it back in game. (Even if I really loved to play Friday this summer).

Good because it's realistic, and challenging.
Because in real life, if this story would happen, maybe some counselor would betray their friends.
It's also good for balance, allow to counselor to not gangbang Jason with machete.

And it's bad because of trolls, who play just to kill everyone else, to help Jason.

Now they help Jason too, tell him where we are on the map, and we can't kill them in revenge. So it's another point for what team killing is good.

But trolls shit wheighs too loud on the balance I think.

1 minute ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

If removing team killing also caused toxic players to quit and move on, then how is that a bad thing? 

I believe it's the fact that instead of Gunmedia properly balancing friendly fire so it could not be abused, they took the easy way out and completely removed it. Which in turn rubbed a lot of players the wrong way.

7 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

If removing team killing also caused toxic players to quit and move on, then how is that a bad thing? 

People are savage by nature brother, if the people you are playing with are not playing the game [you want them to play], then leave and plau with a group of people who share your ideals. Dont ask that a game feature be removed cause you got your butt kicked smh

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Oh boy another one of these threads

5 minutes ago, Andre said:

People are savage by nature brother, if the people you are playing with are not playing the game [you want them to play], then leave and plau with a group of people who share your ideals. Dont ask that a game feature be removed cause you got your butt kicked smh

Why must players be forced to deal with people abusing these things? It's like the glitches in the game, would you like the roof glitch back?

I’m actually in the minority that also believes they never should have gotten rid of team killing. Trolls or no trolls.

• Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

I’m actually in the minority that also believes they never should have gotten rid of team killing. Trolls or no trolls.

Yep. 

I never had an issue with it and it solved many problems.

I didn't abuse it either.

That said, I don't mind the game without it.

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Andre said:

They gave into the crybabies about team killing and removed it, which removed thousands of players

Dude...Teamkilling is what made all of those players leave, along with how INSANELY OP Jason was (mostly because of bugs, blocking flareguns, traps, etc.), and the COUNTLESS bugs in the game.

Removing teamkilling was not the cause for everyone leaving. I'm sorry but, you're really stupid if you believe that.

Just now, Caliph said:

Yep. 

I never had an issue with it and it solved many issues.

I never abused it either.

That said I don't mind the game without it.

It's still there only in private which is a shame I did enjoy the idea of why team killing was in the game, made moments with the car or boat fun. However like many things people abuse it and ruin it for everyone, go into one lobby and everyone is killing everyone for no reason what so ever. You still have the car to run people over and the traps but that's about it. 

6 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Why must players be forced to deal with people abusing these things? It's like the glitches in the game, would you like the roof glitch back?

Why? I have no idea why, in life you run into people like that, just walk away or in the case of this game; leave the match and play with people who share the same idea of how the game should be played, easy.

9 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

Love it too, this summer was the best memory on this game for me, so team killing didn't spoil the game so bad.

And I was proud of me when, as Jarvis, I shot a cheater on the roof top of Packanack :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sinisterslither said:

Love it too, this summer was the best memory on this game for me, so team killing don't spoil the game so bad.

And I was proud of me when, as Jarvis, I shot a cheater on the roof top of Packanack :D

The numbers on Steam would imply otherwise

Just now, Andre said:

Why? I have no idea why, in life you run into people that, just walk away or in the case of this game; leave the match and play with people who share the same idea of how the game should be played, easy.

Yes but when each lobby you go into is all kids and or trolls killing everyone it gets to the point when new comers who buy the game are killed in the first five minutes, those people leave the game, trolls who run lobbies and ruin the game for everyone else isn't fun. I like team killing but it was abused and because of that it was removed, it was a shame but it would have driven people away from the game if it wasn't removed.

7 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yes but when each lobby you go into is all kids and or trolls killing everyone it gets to the point when new comers who buy the game are killed in the first five minutes, those people leave the game, trolls who run lobbies and ruin the game for everyone else isn't fun. I like team killing but it was abused and because of that it was removed, it was a shame but it would have driven people away from the game if it wasn't removed.

Well another thing too, Ive always been behind the idea that many counselors kill because well, they are just better at it than Jason. Time Jason catches up, 4 counselors have been killed by Bugzy, so Ive said this before as well, If Jason was actually a threat, the counselors wouldnt have the luxury/time to kill each other, theyd be too busy running from Jason instead of seeing him as a nuisance/peeping Tom/interruption to their machette fights

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Andre said:

Why? I have no idea why, in life you run into people like that, just walk away or in the case of this game; leave the match and play with people who share the same idea of how the game should be played, easy.

Why aren't you taking your own advice and staying in private matches?