Medic Perk is a very strong perk that offers a lot in the area of sustainability. I wouldn’t sacrifice a slot to run both medic and hypochondriac but I’m sure there are players out there that do. 

Anyhow, What are your thoughts on this perk and it’s use?

I have an Epic Medic on each of my counselors. It has saved my life many times and, like anyone else, I use it to tank traps. 

Do you think Medic should allow a player to have three medsprays for a total of six uses? The trade off is no pocket knives; however, if you are fast, can conserve stamina, and know how to evade pocket knives are not always a necessity (at least in the situations that allow).

Lastly, do you think Medic should carry over to Tommy Jarvis should you spawn back in as him? Pick up any item and now your single use med spray becomes two (correct me if I’m wrong). I did not start this thread to complain about Medic or demand a nerf; I simply want to see what people’s thoughts are. 

3 sprays? Nah.

And I believe that is supposed to be how is works. The devs said that all of your perks are supposed to carry over when you spawn as Tommy so it might just be broken right now.

Medic used to be OP but in this patch it is a necessity. I still think they should revert the amount of med sprays and just remove this perk, they went the wrong way with buffing Jason when they increased his speed as much as they did.

If they really want balance I think the following should be done: 

Cut Jason's speed back a little (not to where it was before but just a bit especially for running Jasons)

Slightly increase the amount of weapons for counselors

Revert the amount of medsprays

Remove medic as a perk

Make stepping in a trap immediately drain a certain amount of stamina or at least make it drain stamina more quickly the longer you are stuck

Increase the amount of items on Jarvis house slightly

Increase the amount of items on Pinehurst a bit more than Jarvis house (it's close to impossible to escape on this map unless the Jason is incompetent)

And of course, fix all of the silly bugs

These are just my opinions but i'm sure someone will come along to tear the list apart.

Edit: I forgot to mention things such as removing the stupid window bubble, fixing the morph grid, reverting the trap distance thing, allowing traps to be placed in areas where a trap has already been sprung etc. These are more gripes about game mechanics but I feel that it still applies and directly affects balance.

Compared to most perks, it's over powered for sure.

I don't really see how it could be altered, besides taking away the "healing increased" bit? Or maybe applying to the first heal spray you find only?

I personally wouldn't really want it to be changed at all, I love that damn perk.

Medic should only give you two spray uses if you use it on a team mate. This is to promote team work. Something the game drastically needs more of.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Medic should only give you two spray uses if you use it on a team mate. This is to promote team work. Something the game drastically needs more of.

Majority of the people play in quickplay, so why are we gonna balance it around the small majority? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Majority of the people play in quickplay, so why are we gonna balance it around the small majority? 

Because games with great longevity and huge growing player bases are balanced around players that actually take the time to learn how to play the game properly. The game doesn't need to be imbalanced around selfish lone wolves that refuse to work together as a team or casual noobs who bought the game for christmas and then drop it a month later because it's not a "new shiny" game anymore.

1 minute ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Because games with great longevity and huge growing player bases are balanced around players that actually take the time to learn how to play the game properly. The game doesn't need to be imbalanced around selfish lone wolves that refuse to work together as a team or casual noobs who bought the game for christmas and then drop it a month later because it's not a "new shiny" game anymore.

The game shouldn’t be balanced around teams though. The game is all about surviving, so of course there’s gonna be several selfish lone wolves. If we keep buffing Jason around teams, the game will feel even more unfair to lonewolfs. 

2 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

The game shouldn’t be balanced around teams though. The game is all about surviving, so of course there’s gonna be several selfish lone wolves. If we keep buffing Jason around teams, the game will feel even more unfair to lonewolfs. 

The game should be balanced around teams because it's 8 other counselor controlled characters against 1 Jason controlled character. You can't balance lone wolves or characters to be better at 1v1 against Jason or surviving better when they are by themselves because then it will be totally broken when the counselors decide to play together.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

The developers did state that your goal as a counselor is to do whatever you have to do to survive.

In a perfect world everyone would be working in teams to escape but reality is that the majority of the players in the game are lone wolves and there really is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes that is the only option.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

The game should be balanced around teams because it's 8 other counselor controlled characters against 1 Jason controlled character. You can't balance lone wolves or characters to be better at 1v1 against Jason or surviving better when they are by themselves because then it will be totally broken when the counselors decide to play together.

On the other hand it would be broken when a match gets down to 2 or 3 counselors left. 

They have to balance it out so a team of 7 has the ability to survive, a few smaller teams have the ability to survive, and a lone wolf does as well. 

Personally I would prefer lone wolf on the table in QP with a lobby of randoms. In a party, maybe use a different counselor with different perks. 

I love having the options though.

7 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

The developers did state that your goal as a counselor is to do whatever you have to do to survive.

In a perfect world everyone would be working in teams to escape but reality is that the majority of the players in the game are lone wolves and there really is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes that is the only option.

There's no excuse as to why the player base doesn't want to work together in this game aside from the fact the game doesn't require you to have to work together or help others survive. There are HUGE team based games like DotA, Overwatch, LoL, Counterstrike etc. etc. that have millions and millions of more active players than F13, and the players in that game from the lowest level of noob to higher levels understand know that proper team work gives you the best chance to win.

Hopefully Gunmedia realizes this game was made to reward team work more and starts emphasizing that instead of keeping it a cluster fuck right now with all these micless, lonewolf players that hide in closests the entire game and do nothing for the team but waste a valuable player slot.

Just now, Mr. Blonde said:

There's no excuse as to why the player base doesn't want to work together in this game aside from the fact the game doesn't require you to have to work together or help others survive. There are HUGE team based games like DotA, Overwatch, LoL, Counterstrike etc. etc. that have millions and millions of more active players than F13, and the players in that game from the lowest level of noob to higher levels understand know that proper team work gives you the best chance to win.

Hopefully Gunmedia realizes this game was made to reward team work more and starts emphasizing that instead of keeping it a cluster fuck right now with all these micless, lonewolf players that hide in closests the entire game.

Look at what genres those games are, are they a horror survival theme game where it's encouraged to do whatever they can to survive?

This game rewards both lone wolves and teamwork so I really don't understand why both can't exist in this game at the same time.

This is like telling everyone to only play a certain counselor(s) because they are 'meta'.

There is more than one way to play this game.

Sorry that depending on other players I am choosing to depend on only myself to ensure that I survive?

Arrest me why don't ya lol.

All jokes aside you have to think realistic when it comes to this community.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

lonewolf players that hide in closests the entire game and do nothing for the team but waste a valuable player slot.

This is not a lone wolf player. This is an idiot that no one likes.

10 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Look at what genres those games are, are they a horror survival theme game where it's encouraged to do whatever they can to survive?

This game rewards both lone wolves and teamwork so I really don't understand why both can't exist in this game at the same time.

This is like telling everyone to only play a certain counselor(s) because they are 'meta'.

There is more than one way to play this game.

Sorry that depending on other players I am choosing to depend on only myself to ensure that I survive?

Arrest me why don't ya lol.

All jokes aside you have to think realistic when it comes to this community.

Yeah, those games are multiplayer team-based games... You know, what F13 is at it's core? This game is nothing like other survival horror games if you want to get technical. It's more of a multiplayer survival team based game than anything. I mean, do you really want me to mention Left 4 Dead team based survival horror game because that game came out over a decade ago and is still much more active than F13...

No one is saying you don't have to play Lone wolf. You can play Lone Wolf all you want. But playing together should be rewarded through the game and have better emphasis. 

Example:

Tanking traps currently = Perfect lone wolf strategy.

Medic = Perfect Lone wolf perk.

A great way for Gunmedia to tweak things slightly to reward team work without taking away the ability to lone wolf would be doing things like Medic gives you two health spray uses if used on a team mate.

You can hide in tents or closests, or run away from Jason to the other side of the map and crouch, no one is ever going to stop you and these strategies will always exist. But this game needs to be more focused and rewarding for players who take the time to play and coordinate together and communicate with the team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

This is not a lone wolf player. This is an idiot that no one likes.

That is a viable lone wolf strategy whether you agree or not. And I've seen players win using that method as well. Did the person probably deserve the win by nearly being AFK the whole match while their team was keeping Jason distracted and combating objectives the entire round? Probably not. But hey, a win is a win and you can't fault them for it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

That is a viable lone wolf strategy whether you agree or not. And I've seen players win using that method as well. Did the person probably deserve the win by nearly being AFK the whole match while their team was keeping Jason distracted and combating objectives the entire round? Probably not. But hey, a win is a win and you can't fault them for it.

Won't disagree with you, but I should have also emphasised player. Maybe. 

I tend to use, at least what I consider, to be the lone wolf strategy when I play largely due to never knowing what I'm getting in to on QP. 

But for me that means complete the objectives and get others out with you if it's viable. I just do it alone and try and stay under the radar and away from noisy groups. 

EDIT*

Sorry, getting off topic fast. 

1. I think Medic is a great perk and it should remain unaltered. 

2. I don't use Medic unless I run a counselor I expect will need it.

With the reduced amount of pocket knives and medsprays I'd say it's a fair tradeoff to let counselors keep the perk.

In the meantime I have spent every single point earned on perks and I am level 49, and I have never gotten the medic perk in any form -.-

Sometimes things are fine as they are and brainstorming to change things doesn’t really result in any good ideas. 

Just now, Mr. Blonde said:

If we balance it out around teams, then Jason will be unfair to play against. Jason should OP, and since everyone mentions the movies let’s point this out. Literally every movie has a final girl that beats and “kills” Jason. Ginny was able to defend herself for a while. Chris managed to “kill” Jason by herself. Tommy and Trish killed Jason by hitting him and tricking him. Did we ever see Jason get beaten up by a team? No. Let’s also mention this, fixers we smacked by the devs by making Jason faster, is there a reason to playing them, yes. Is there characters who do the same, but are more safer to play, yes! 

12 hours ago, Chetork said:

In the meantime I have spent every single point earned on perks and I am level 49, and I have never gotten the medic perk in any form -.-

I'm level 150 and I only just rolled an epic Swift Attacker about a week or two ago. 

It seems there are some perks you get all the time and others that are simply Hellbent on never showing up.

I couldn't tell you how many times I've rolled an epic Grease Monkey.

Keep at it. One day it'll show up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Lets be real.

if they balanced this game around lone wolves then Jason would never kill anyone when those lone wolves decide to work together.

You can't balance this game around lone wolves.   That being said a "Lone Wolf's life depends on Jason Chasing other players long enough so the LONE WOLF can get shit done OR set up for a good 'defensive plan'.   But playing Defense is usually about 3-5 mins depending on how much of plan he got going.

So a lone wolf needs to drag a game out long enough to be able to run the timer down to 20 mins.

Oh well. I'll swear by its effectiveness. And I'll say I know a team approach is also effective. There's not a "better" way IMO. 

There's a Teamwork perk, and there's a Lone Wolf perk. The devs obviously have different approaches in mind. The balance needs to accommodate for the variety of play styles. They keep the game interesting and Jason does have to deal with the variety. It's a good thing that way to completing objectives is non-linear, it would kill the game. 

11 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

These days lone wolfing is considered to be so taboo lol.

I loned wolf last night in game.

Noticed no one was doing objective so i started trapping cabins and planning a long route to avoid Jason with.  I was the only survivor..  He started chasing me with about 5 mins left so i avoided him for 5 mins.

Im not sure what lone wolf players expect.