Tina vs Carrie  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• Tina Shepherd
    • Carrie White

So we all know who Carrie White is. She’s been making kids afraid to bully that weird kid in class since 1974( original book release). Carrie is perhaps the most tragic character in horror due to being a victim of both school bullying and child abuse for sixteen years. And just when things finally seem to go well for her on Prom Night, the pig’s blood scene happened. We all know what happened next.

Tina is Carrie’s Walmart Great Value ripoff, but she’s still quite the badass and had quite a troubled childhood as well. But she put Jason through quite a lot of pain and brought her dead father out to finish him.

So who do you think would win? Keep in mind that while Carrie in the 1976 only burned down her high school, the original book and 2013 versions wasted her entire town along with the school, and has a body count of 473.

My vote goes to Carrie. I saw the original movie before I read the book, and both were both sad and scary. The first time I saw Part VII, my initial thought was, "This is just some weak-ass Carrie rip-off." My opinion has not changed since then. Part VII is actually one of my least favorite Friday films for that reason. There were some memorable moments in the movie, but overall, there are plenty of installments that I enjoy more.

7 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

My vote goes to Carrie. I saw the original movie before I read the book, and both were both sad and scary. The first time I saw Part VII, my initial thought was, "This is just some weak-ass Carrie rip-off." My opinion has not changed since then. Part VII is actually one of my least favorite Friday films for that reason. There were some memorable moments in the movie, but overall, there are plenty of installments that I enjoy more.

I agree. Carrie comes off as more of a tragedy than a horror story only because of the subject matter being something many people can unfortunately relate too. I know I do, that’s why I cried while watching it and reading it. 

And while I don’t hate Part VII, it’s pretty meh and other than Tina, Melissa, and the sleeping bag kill it’s pretty forgettable.

8 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

I agree. Carrie comes off as more of a tragedy than a horror story only because of the subject matter being something many people can unfortunately relate too. I know I do, that’s why I cried while watching it and reading it. 

And while I don’t hate Part VII, it’s pretty meh and other than Tina, Melissa, and the sleeping bag kill it’s pretty forgettable.

Ah yeah, the sleeping bag kill. That ranks as probably number 2 or 3 on my list of favorite Friday kills. I'm not saying the movie doesn't have it's moments, but I have it listed as my 2nd least favorite Ft13th flick (at least this week, it is always changing :lol:) I do not hate the movie, but I relate to Carrie much more.

I guess i can't really say who is better.Never read or saw Carrie,so all i have is Friday Part 7 to go off of.On the other hand,i'm a big Star Wars geek,so when Tina used her powers to throw the potted plant at Jason,i was hearing Yoda's voice, like "YES!Feel the Force around you!Kick his ass!"....lol

This is actually a pretty interesting match up. Carrie seems to have more raw power, but Tina shows more control over her abilities. While Carrie can bring a house down, she seems to mostly just push and shove with her psychic powers, while Tina can do much more subtle things like wrap cords around people, spray gas from a canister, etc.

In an open field, Carrie wins. But, if they're in an area with a lot of debris or random junk, I think Tina might take it with some smart thinking.