Sign in to follow this  
stoney

Lucifer/Satan as an antagonist?

I was just thinking about how SCARY a game like this would be. By far, the Devil has always been my favorite killer of all time.

One person playing as the Devil himself against a group of people, kinda like this game but slightly more centered around being scary than surviving. Having a Silent Hill vibe to it, a lot of dark areas in the map that are truly terrifying. Mental wards, abandoned buildings, the woods, etc.

A lot of movies are representing "That one ghost hunting group that always walks into trouble."

Satan could have a multitude of different abilities and the people trying to survive would have means to avoid him, such as rosaries or crucifixes, etc. but would obviously only work for so long. Kinda like Dante's inferno (?)

Traps could be the equivalent to rune spells like in Skyrim if they were put into a game like this.

Instead of having Lucifer appear as a red horned devil, it could take after the idea of someone being possessed. Like this game, you choose a character that has certain stats and at the beginning of every round, a random person is "chosen" to be Lucifer as they get possessed.

The primary objective would be: ESCAPE, Save the possessed individual or KILL them. You'd get the most points for saving the person.

Does a game like this already exist? If so, could I have a link?

@stoney I know we don't agree on the latest patch for this game, but that doesn't mean we can't agree on other things. This concept sounds awesome! Being raised as a Catholic, the idea of possession is definitely a scary one for me. I would definitely buy a game with this concept.

There is one game, that you might like. It is Deciet. It is a multiplayer first person shooter game where some players start as the possessed. Possessed players are picked at random at the beginning of the match, and it is kind of a mystery to try to discover who the possessed players are (or hide the fact that you are).The goal is to escape each level as an innocent, or kill other players without being discovered as one of the possessed.  I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but it is a game that I have had fun with.

Hope this helps.

There would definitely be a lot less kids I think, the thought of Satan himself would drive any hardcore Christian moms, so a lot less kids for sure. 

Um.. Satan is the protagonist...

For real though, I thought you were retarded stone until you mentioned Dante's Inferno. Kudos for the idea and reference. Can't wait to see River Styx map.

I'd be down with it only on the condition that Satan is the antagonist and I get to whoop his evil bum over and over. I'm a Christian and we don't like that guy haha XD 

15 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Um.. Satan is the protagonist...

?

an·tag·o·nist
anˈtaɡənəst/
noun

1. a person who actively opposes or is hostile to someone or something; an adversary.
    "he turned to confront his antagonist"
    synonyms: adversary, opponent, enemy, foe, rival, competitor; More

Granted he would be the protagonist (main character) if this game were real, but he'd also be the antagonist as well. He's obviously not the protagonist in the Bible...

14 minutes ago, stoney said:

?

an·tag·o·nist
anˈtaɡənəst/
noun

1. a person who actively opposes or is hostile to someone or something; an adversary.
    "he turned to confront his antagonist"
    synonyms: adversary, opponent, enemy, foe, rival, competitor; More

Granted he would be the protagonist (main character) if this game were real, but he'd also be the antagonist as well. He's obviously not the protagonist in the Bible...

Maybe not your Bible... besides, my post was a joke.

24 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Maybe not your Bible... besides, my post was a joke.

Sorry then?

Hard for me to pin-point a joke because of the negativity that often follows me on here. I thought you were being serious.

tenor.gif?itemid=7726918

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stoney said:

Sorry then?

Hard for me to pin-point a joke because of the negativity that often follows me on here. I thought you were being serious.

Haha no worries.