Jubileet

Meanwhile on Reddit.. (Part 2)

5 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Sigh...so much for "[o]ur discussion is concluded," huh :lol:

But hey, if no terms govern the Savini licenses (obviously wrong)...where's your basis for saying they can't canceled if transferred? 

If you can be intellectually honest and civil than I can debate with you.

I never brought up a Backerkit ToS I said Gun never linked a ToS on Backerkit.

Very big difference.

The fact that selling something online and then not providing the goods is a federal crime known as wire fraud.

The purchasers of the codes have an email receipt with the code and credit card records.

Those number strings are their property, bought and paid for.

2 minutes ago, Caliph said:

If you can be intellectually honest and civil than I can debate with you.

I never brought up a Backerkit ToS I said Gun never linked a ToS on Backerkit.

Very big difference.

The fact that selling something online and then not providing the goods is a federal crime known as wire fraud.

The purchasers of the codes have an email receipt with the code and credit card records.

Those number strings are their property, bought and paid for.

The number strings may well be - Savini Jason and what those number strings do or do not cause to happen when interacting with Gun's software? Governed by license terms, not some kind of 'fee simple' software property.

12 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

The number strings may well be - Savini Jason and what those number strings do or do not cause to happen when interacting with Gun's software? Governed by license terms, not some kind of 'fee simple' software property.

Under your logic Gun could sell numbers to people advertised to do "X" and then when claimed, delete them and laugh at people while doing so.

I don't know where this ridiculous concept that a software company has the legal authority to commit fraud on a whim but that is not the case.

The numbers are just the method to procure what was paid for.

People bought a license to an exclusive Savini character that came with no limitations stated or implied and most certainly didn't sell as not transferable.

The transferability is also evident by them stating you could "give" them away after the release of the game.

But the fact is you could sell, giveaway, auction, whatever because Gun did not state any limitations when they sold them.

10 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Under your logic Gun could sell numbers to people advertised to do "X" and then when claimed, delete them and laugh at people while doing so.

I don't know where this ridiculous concept that a software company has the ability to commit fraud on a whim but that is not the case.

The numbers are just the method to procure what was paid for.

People bought a license to an exclusive Savini character that came with no limitations stated or implied and most certainly didn't sell as not transferable.

The transferability is also evident by them stating you could "give" them away after the release of the game.

But the fact is you could sell, giveaway, auction, whatever because Gun did not state any limitations when they sold them.

You can think software licenses are identical to physical widgets all you like - but, at least in the US, they're not. Maybe you have some kind of UK or EU legal background, and they have more consumer-protective law on such things? Aside from knowing enough to warn clients with non-US data to be very fucking careful in moving it outside the country in which its held, I don't concern myself with such things.

Dr. Lecter how about we just agree to disagree?

I genuinely like just about all of your posts and almost everyone on this forum worth reading has an ego, strong will and refuses to concede a point.

I include myself in that.

I would really rather end on a positive note and in good standing as opposed to browbeating each other.

Like any legal disagreement, both sides believe their interpretation correct but only a judge or jury makes the call.

2 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

@Dr. Lecter @Caliph @AldermachXI

You three cut it out! :) We can't have in-fighting when we're all proud, long serving anti-pocket knife folk. :lol:

Seriously, this is what results in threads locked.  Doesn't need to go down this way :P Someones just gotta be the bigger man or woman and not have the last word.

2 minutes ago, Jubileet said:

Seriously, this is what results in threads locked.  Doesn't need to go down this way :P Someones just gotta be the bigger man or woman and not have the last word.

Having a thread derailed like this just gives them an excuse to lock it.

@Caliph and @Dr. Lecter kiss and make up. No biting ;)

12 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Dr. Lecter how about we just agree to disagree?

So agreed.

• Thanks 1

Many things will be locked, like an honest answer....from the devs. I'm not surprised. It's bullshit! 

In times like these, they probably wish their reputation didn’t result in the internet gave them a fake trademark for the word “soon.”  Not a great past for a company explaining something fishy.

edit - why would anyone associated with physical discs have code access?  Weren’t all physical backers given a digital copy and their codes months before the physical game launched?

7 hours ago, The7Reaper said:

Where's Reddit in this pic? I only see 4chan

4Chan doesn't censor posts through a vote system, if you post something stupid, people can call you out on it without being voted into oblivion.

3 hours ago, TimmyJarvis said:

In times like these, they probably wish their reputation didn’t result in the internet gave them a fake trademark for the word “soon.”  Not a great past for a company explaining something fishy.

edit - why would anyone associated with physical discs have code access?  Weren’t all physical backers given a digital copy and their codes months before the physical game launched?

It really doesn't make any sense. How would the distributor ever even come in contact with the codes? They didn't manage to get their distribution figured out until well after the game was released digitally.

This is one messed up situation. I wonder what's next...

7 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Meanwhile at Gun Media Headquarters, security has been stepped up to an unprecedented level of protection...

I'm gonna watch The Naked Gun Trilogy this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration.

• Haha 1

Maybe that's why we are lucky enough to get all these free content updates, cause someone at GUN/Illfonic have been funding the game through extra sales on Ebay :P

Someone smelled money could be made with this "exclusive" Jason, not counting on someone to dig in a little deeper into all of this haha

The Truth is out there!.....*whistles x-files theme*

2 hours ago, Leenart said:

Maybe that's why we are lucky enough to get all these free content updates, cause someone at GUN/Illfonic have been funding the game through extra sales on Ebay :P

Someone smelled money could be made with this "exclusive" Jason, not counting on someone to dig in a little deeper into all of this haha

The Truth is out there!.....*whistles x-files theme*

Let me help you with that...

With every devious act, there is always a paper trail...

Man, great job looking into the "Savini" bandit and recognizing the theft in only 3 hours guys!

If only that money would have been put into Paranoia, Dedicated Servers, new content, and fixing bugs. May have had a game that would keep its population happy. 

Just when I was starting to think they were being a bit more transparent...

Maybe the volunteer mods should get a cut for all their efforts now. Buy them a watch or something.

Btw, thanks mods for not locking this thread as it would only admit their guilt more.

i0HTUDE.gif

YXCw4ZU.gif

You guys are great. I love how you all continued to argue with Calisp.
If you cut out all the Calisp shit this thread would only be 3 pages.  

Before I buy these Savini codes, can someone that already has him give me their Steam account login info so I can try him out? I don't know if I wanna spend all that money if he's not that good.

EDIT: there are so many red names on right now. I wonder what thread they're reading.

50 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

You guys are great. I love how you all continued to argue with Calisp.
If you cut out all the Calisp shit this thread would only be 3 pages.  

Before I buy these Savini codes, can someone that already has him give me their Steam account login info so I can try him out? I don't know if I wanna spend all that money if he's not that good.

EDIT: there are so many red names on right now. I wonder what thread they're reading.

Lol if you had Xbox I would share "Savini" Jason with you. But alas, no steam sir.

I just uncovered some more info...

Caliph believes that the earth is flat. Yes, he is a flat-earther. 

2 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Lol if you had Xbox I would share "Savini" Jason with you. But alas, no steam sir.

Oh cool, thanks. I appreciate that. 

I'm still processing this whole thing and trying to remain on the side of reason instead of letting my frustrations get the best of me.  Gun probably had a decent amount of these codes produced and gave stacks of them to other companies they worked with, such as Limited Run.  Maybe as a gesture to say thank you?  Who knows.....here take these stacks of a hundred plus cross platform codes and give them out to your friends or whoever you want.  Speculating doesn't help, but what did Gun think would happen here?  Oh yea, we will give these codes to our friends, sure, when people would clearly pay an arm and a leg for them on Ebay.  I wholeheartedly want to believe that Gun tries to do the right thing, but this one has me second guessing myself.  Maybe their distribution partner could have experienced an internal theft or maybe the distribution partner just gave it to an employee to sell off on Ebay since this person has been selling the codes for nearly a year since the game has been released!  This person is also selling PAX 2018 badges, were those stolen too?  Ugh!!  I am so disappointed  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

I just uncovered some more info...

Caliph believes that the earth is flat. Yes, he is a flat-earther. 

Let's stop with that honestly.  The more off topic we go the more validation the mods have to lock the thread.  Even tho Cal and Lector were arguing, it was still somewhat on topic about this Savini Jason debacle.  As long as we keep it on topic, we can continue to discuss this.