Jubileet

Meanwhile on Reddit.. (Part 2)

4 hours ago, The Gloved One said:

Although this game needs some fixing ,Making Savini free is too desperate of a move to frustrate the community. Making Savini free overall(even for a day) wont bring people back.

Isnt that what they did for Xbox One users when they fucked up releasing functional patches for then for so long? Remember, their Twitter page directed people to the mSN store saying "Check out what's going on at the Microsoft store"

Edit: @SUPAH JD at the top rifht hand side there is an option to log out, please click that. Don't come back.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

@SUPAH JD

Your suggestion is stupid and misguided. :) Thanks for providing nothing of value to the conversation.

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Isnt that what they did for Xbox One users when they fucked up releasing functional patches for then for so long? Remember, their Twitter page directed people to the mSN store saying "Check out what's going on at the Microsoft store"

Edit: @SUPAH JD at the top rifht hand side there is an option to log out, please click that. Don't come back.

You both can continue to be stubborn internet hard asses with nothing online to offer. 

Aka, people who both continue to make a dwindling community even more dwindling because someone doesn't have an opinion a grown adult likes, so they resort to insults. 

It does amuse me to see how even suggesting a skin that got handed out to how many people who didn't back it can trigger the few special and entitled few. But thank you both for proving who I shouldn't take a least bit seriously here. Keep to it. 

6 hours ago, The Gloved One said:

Although this game needs some fixing ,Making Savini free is too desperate of a move to frustrate the community. Making Savini free overall(even for a day) wont bring people back.

I appreciate you for being reasonable. 

I'm  not saying it'll necessarily bring a ton of people back, but I feel like people would feel complimented. Even if they don't do it, the players could use something. Let's try to be smart about this. Like you seem you can handle being: 

Last Year is dropping it's demo at PAX. It offers: ton of map variety. Ton of mechanics to escape or take down said killer. Four or five different types of killers. And, it's dropping sometime around the Summer.

Dead By Daylight just said it's in stage one and it's not even fully done yet. 

Asymmetrical horror games are only getting more popular. I don't know, maybe it's time we start to try and find ways for our favorite slasher to stay alive in his own game and to keep the playerbase it has before completely losing that. Anything helps. If that means offering a skin that only the enilted feel they should keep, that's fine. It's not a core reason. But it's a thing relative to the topic. 

Of course, the people still discussing the topic are still crying that their super exclusive never really seen in game skin got handed out and are digging trying to find that instead of ways to improve said game. 

@SUPAH JD

Purchasing an exclusive skin literally "entitles" you to an exclusive skin...

Stay, get lost, do nothing... I don't care. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I don't think gun with their hearts really wanted that to happen , I may need a refresher on that part of history though.

@SUPAH JD if you would like a well-reasoned response it would be this:

While allowing Savini Jason to become free for all gives some incentive to most of the newer playerbase and a few that have left may come back for it. However, most of the Kickstarter fans are the ones still around, making videos(which help its promotion) and they will then not only have Gun's promise broken 3 times, but will then lose faith in the company in general. This will affect the sales of their next game: project melie or whatever its being called right now.

So you lose original backers and some people that will play the game for the lifespan, only to have a few hundred people that will be done with it by summer. You lose integrity as a company, which they have already lost plenty of surrounding the 20k in Savini codes being stolen and sold online. Not to mention it shows you appease online trolls that beg for it out of jealousy.

Also, as for the answer, i think some do know because of tracing back eBay accounts, locations, to twitter accounts, to affiliations, blah blah. Question is what did the company(s) do about it? Here lies in more about integrity and possible future transactions with a business.

On a deeper lever, you want that done to salvage gamers that have already purchased a game that hasn't functioned properly for a year, where as it ruins sales of future games or content from "the few backers still aroun" as you say. A lot of backers arent even on the forums. Some come around when there are updates. Some have given up because of broken promises(still not all backer promises have been fulfilled a year after release), broken game mechanics, and one redundant game mode. Handing out "Savini" Jason goes deeper than bring a few hundred players back for a short period, it tarnishes a companies reputation.

As for the entitlement statement: if one is promised exclusivity for a certain purchase, but find there has been breach of that verbal contract not once, but twice, the consumer has the right to be upset. I will apologize as you are newer the forums it seems, and you may not understand how often "make savini free" has gone on around here. That is why some of us come off as intolerant to this argument or phrase.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

next game: project melie

Well that's an ironic name. 

• Haha 1

The damage is done. We can all agree on that. The best way I see to fix the problem:

-Make Savini Jason available permanently as paid DLC. Those that want it can buy it. That that don't, won't. This could put a stop to the entitlement and complaining tied to this piece of content.

-The backers should get a new exclusive Jason designed by Savini. Then the backers can feel like their contributions were meaningful again.

-Going forward, the company can try to avoid a mistake like this from happening again. No one is perfect, and things happen.

Regardless of this situation ever being resolved to the satisfaction of all, many people (myself included) will continue to play and support this game.

6 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

The damage is done. We can all agree on that. The best way I see to fix the problem:

-Make Savini Jason available permanently as paid DLC. Those that want it can buy it. That that don't, won't. This could put a stop to the entitlement and complaining tied to this piece of content.

just want to start by saying i got the game june 2017 and did not back it.That said savini Jason should never be available again period 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

-The backers should get a new exclusive Jason designed by Savini. Then the backers can feel like their contributions were meaningful again.

-Going forward, the company can try to avoid a mistake like this from happening again. No one is perfect, and things happen.

Regardless of this situation ever being resolved to the satisfaction of all, many people (myself included) will continue to play and support this game.

yeah because you can just get savini to make a new one for free. fyi: savini isn´t part of illfonic or gun.

Truth be told I'm surprised Gun Media have stuck to their guns about Savini. 

Edit: Not counting what @AldermachXI has mentioned below. 

26 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

You don't understand the issue. It's like you didn't even read the reddit thread...

There's no need to release "Savini" Jason to "make up" for anything. That solves nothing.

The issue is simply that someone at Gun was essentially scalping their own content, or helping someone from Limited Run Guns do it, and that's a dick move.

Anyone who wanted "Savini" Jason and was paying attention could have gotten him for $6. There wasn't a limited amount. Just a cut off date. We just want the people from Gun/Limited Run Games exposed for their scummy malpractice - and that's gonna happen real soon.

We're giving Gun the opportunity to update the public on the situation. If not, I'm putting all the info we have out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone really think blackmail will work? That they just wait until someone comes and messes them up. yeah sure.

3 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Does anyone really think blackmail will work? That they just wait until someone comes and messes them up. yeah sure.

It's also messed up that this was just another scandal swept under the rug...One of many, now. There's also ANOTHER lie people don't know about yet. There's been plenty of hints, if you're paying attention, though.

More information was found than what is currently on the reddit thread. It was passed along to Gun in good faith, to HELP them find the person responsible for selling these "stolen" codes on eBay. Now it appears that the information we passed along is also being altered/covered up.

So before that info becomes untraceable, I think it's wise to let the community see everything we have.

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

It's also messed up that this was just another scandal swept under the rug...One of many, now. There's also ANOTHER lie people don't know about yet. There's been plenty of hints, if you're paying attention, though.

More information was found than what is currently on the reddit thread. It was passed along to Gun in good faith, to HELP them find the person responsible for selling these "stolen" codes on eBay. Now it appears that the information we passed along is also being altered/covered up.

So before that info becomes untraceable, I think it's wise to let the community see everything we have.

Brenda-Meeks-Scared-Popcorn-Gif-In-Scary

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

And still don't.....

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

Soon™

Now don't start that again. 😂

8 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Now don't start that again. 😂

Damn having such abusy work schedule. I was arpund for the advent of this scandal being broke, but i have been off and on so much i have no idea what these other things can be, but it certainly does not shock me at all, considering how unprofessional,most of this game's life cycle, has been handled.

4 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Damn having such abusy work schedule. I was arpund for the advent of this scandal being broke, but i have been off and on so much i have no idea what these other things can be, but it certainly does not shock me at all, considering how unprofessional,most of this game's life cycle, has been handled.

Alder added some input to the original Reddit. 

2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Ok then i am up to date as far as what our detectives have. I read that the moment he posted it lol. Sucks because i had high hopes for this game, met some cool folks on here and in game, but the death of this game will be all the unprofessional dealings by gun, and the inability to tell the truth, or give a date or time frame on anything. I have digital so i will hold out, and will continue to be apart of these forums until i guess the like of folks like us are systematically vacationed like @bewareofbears

Or banned for not towing the line. My how things have changed since i joined last year.

18 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I created a new reddit thread for it. No one has viewed the old thread in 2 months and the "upvote" nature of reddit basically ensures new posts aren't seen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/89w426/update_on_the_ebaysavini_codes_situation/

Basically, we found the name of the ebay seller and his twitter profile(s) and handed the information to Gun . Since we've given them that info (on February 12th), we haven't gotten any form of update on the situation. Then someone noticed that the twitter profile was changing the username and deleting tweets...Little did they know we were saving screenshots of everything the entire time.

I do understand that they can't comment publicly...But I don't think they used the information given to them to go after the guy. Seems like they did the opposite - They saw what tracks needed to be covered.

(Either that, or the guy was confronted by Gun and deleted tweets to attempt to cover his own ass. In that event, I have the screenshots Gun needs to prove their case.)

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

I created a new reddit thread for it. No one has viewed the old thread in 2 months and the "upvote" nature of reddit basically ensures new posts aren't seen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/89w426/update_on_the_ebaysavini_codes_situation/

Basically, we found the name of the ebay seller and his twitter profile(s) and handed the information to Gun . Since we've given them that info (on February 12th), we haven't gotten any form of update on the situation. Then someone noticed that the twitter profile was changing the username and deleting tweets...Little did they know we were saving screenshots of everything the entire time.

I do understand that they can't comment publicly...But I don't think they used the information given to them to go after the guy. Seems like they did the opposite - They saw what tracks needed to be covered.

(Either that, or the guy was confronted by Gun and deleted tweets to attempt to cover his own ass. In that event, I have the screenshots Gun needs to prove their case.)

I, myself as well, have screen shot and saved it all. Looks more and more like the guy was helped, and this whole " can't make public statements" is a cleverly, convenient method of the ol' sweep under the rug. I myself, like to dig and research. So you just made my time off, when not with the little one, interesting for sure. Thanks for bringing me up to date. Been one hell of a month away from home and family/games and now you have gifted me with a wonderful little slice to spend my evenings searching up on.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

just want to start by saying i got the game june 2017 and did not back it.That said savini Jason should never be available again period 

How do you feel about the backers getting something else exclusive?

10 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

yeah because you can just get savini to make a new one for free. fyi: savini isn´t part of illfonic or gun.

I'm aware that Savini is an independent party in this equation. I wouldn't expect him to do anything for free.

10 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

You don't understand the issue. It's like you didn't even read the reddit thread...

There's no need to release "Savini" Jason to "make up" for anything. That solves nothing.

The issue is simply that someone at Gun was essentially scalping their own content, or helping someone from Limited Run Guns do it, and that's a dick move.

Anyone who wanted "Savini" Jason and was paying attention could have gotten him for $6. There wasn't a limited amount. Just a cut off date. We just want the people from Gun/Limited Run Games exposed for their scummy malpractice - and that's gonna happen real soon.

We're giving Gun the opportunity to update the public on the situation. If not, I'm putting all the info we have out.

I did take the time to read the reddit when this issue was brought to light. I agree that the situation was a dick move. I also agree that wrongdoing should be revealed.

10 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I've never been a fan of blackmail. It's a pretty dirty business.

9 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Knowledge is power. I found the links you posted interesting reading.