Jubileet

Meanwhile on Reddit.. (Part 2)

The good thing about bad news with this company is that it almost guarantees that it will be followed with an update to eclipse the news. It's like they have news to tell us on a regular basis but hold it in reserve for these situations. Since the leak of backer content, once again, we received news on why dedicated servers aren't here yet, an engine update, and a single player teaser. That's great news but it means we will probably never hear a word about this debacle again. 

On 2/9/2018 at 11:25 PM, Zentorno said:

Silly person, nothing. There are no excuses to be made from either the shills or the developers themselves. This recent event of one of the developers flat out selling codes on eBay effectively what little argument your lot could have had.

Release Savini Jason after an exclusivity period, charge for him, the people opposing piss off, and move on from the situation already.

This isn't about excuses or arguments, this is about absolute facts. They are not going to release Savini Jason end of story. You need to get that in your head and move on. Otherwise you are going to simply continue to flog this dead horse on a road to nowhere other than to show that you are a whiny, petty, immature, self entitled cry baby. You didn't pre-order him while he was available, oh well, your loss. Move on and stop rehashing the same thing over and over again. Desperation is a stinky cologne.

@GunMedia_Ben Please give @Zentorno the closure on this matter that he so desperately needs.

On 2/9/2018 at 11:25 PM, Zentorno said:

.Release Savini Jason after an exclusivity period, charge for him, the people opposing piss off, and move on from the situation already.

All anyone see's when you keep repeating this is "wah wah wah wah"

On 2/10/2018 at 7:19 AM, Brigadius said:

The good thing about bad news with this company is that it almost guarantees that it will be followed with an update to eclipse the news. It's like they have news to tell us on a regular basis but hold it in reserve for these situations. Since the leak of backer content, once again, we received news on why dedicated servers aren't here yet, an engine update, and a single player teaser. That's great news but it means we will probably never hear a word about this debacle again. 

Ya i expect that it will be radio silent on that matter from here on out.

With so many articles written seems strange none of them followed up. There was like a dozen articles but no follow ups for what has been labeled a theft of the companies property. Think they would want to reassure their players that they handled it and that measures are being taken to ensure it doesn't happen again. There is so much of their content being sold illegally even still that you would think they would at least contact eBay about the illegal sales. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brigadius said:

With so many articles written seems strange none of them followed up. There was like a dozen articles but no follow ups for what has been labeled a theft of the companies property. Think they would want to reassure their players that they handled it and that measures are being taken to ensure it doesn't happen again. There is so much of their content being sold illegally even still that you would think they would at least contact eBay about the illegal sales. 

In my experience, this means that it was more than an "inside job", and may even rise to the level of nepotism.

You guys remember that time a bunch of exclusive content was stolen and then never talked about again? Whatever happened with that? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Whatever happened with that? 

n

| |

| |

| |                                               

___| |___                                              

////////////             RUG>>>      ____________________________________________

*inaudible muttering*...something about not discussing publicly and a new engine.

• Haha 1

Maybe people got tired of shitting all over Gun? Or the activity has just died down across the board? At least around here.

I wouldn't say more people have to come to their defense as much as it is people have grown bored of calling them out for every thing?

Just guessing.

Even though they are finally fufilling the singleplayer promise with the next update. I think until they actually decide to push dedicated servers for console players. Its still an incomplete game based on what they said would be coming.

6 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Maybe people got tired of shitting all over Gun? Or the activity has just died down across the board? At least around here.

I wouldn't say more people have to come to their defense as much as it is people have grown bored of calling them out for every thing?

Just guessing.

Even though they are finally fufilling the singleplayer promise with the next update. I think until they actually decide to push dedicated servers for console players. Its still an incomplete game based on what they said would be coming.

Seems to be the case. I know I'm just waiting for the new engine. There's really nothing more to say or do until we get it. Unfortunately that includes playing the game, and there isn't much to talk about at the moment, either.

You can expect my regular bitching and moaning to resume when the new engine releases ;)

4 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

250px-Hell_horse.png

Night Mare! Did I ride that in Ocarina of time??

As for this thread, i can agree with @Brigadius that a major crime happened and it was all swept under the rug. You are talking about grand theft since the minimal total was over 20k. Not a big deal though.

3 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Night Mare! Did I ride that in Ocarina of time??

As for this thread, i can agree with @Brigadius that a major crime happened and it was all swept under the rug. You are talking about grand theft since the minimal total was over 20k. Not a big deal though.

It's from a guy who created this savini horse to emphasize a point about how people are beating a dead horse, in this case a dead savini horse in this thread.

7 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

It's from a guy who created this savini horse to emphasize a point about how people are beating a dead horse, in this case a dead savini horse in this thread.

Haha cool point and illustration.

Glad most moved on from maybe one of the shadiest events in gaming history.  If everyone likes it to be swept under and a dead issue, then so be it. But hey, if in a day the eBay account changes location, username. That person's Twitter account disappears then changes to a new one.  If it all makes sense to everyone, then so be it. Kudos JOhnboy.

Also, maybe people aren't shitting on the company, but rather curious about ethics of an employee or two at one company, and an employee at another company. 

• Like 1

It's not beating a dead horse. Beating a dead horse is when someone says "savini" Jason should be sold again. This was a criminal act that was buried. While value of the codes stolen is questionable there was what like 200+ sold.  So, we will go off of the assigned value of $6. That mean at least $1200 in property was stolen and that's the minimum he could have taken a lot more. That's 3rd degree Grand Theft in most states I believe. I'm not sure if the value he sold them for factors in. Not to mention the other laws that were violated. Selling stolen property across state lines, shipping stolen property through the mail(he actually printed and shipped some of the codes), conspiracy to cover-up, possible tax evasion(i doubt the person is declaring profits from their illegal ventures). Hell there could even be some international laws that were broken by selling to people abroad. And that's just some of the charges the culprit could see. If Gun was involved in any way they could also see charges. Say if they helped cover up the whole thing that could be conspiracy to cover-up and possibly defrauding investors. That last one might be a stretch but if they promised something for money and then tried to cover up or actively gave away the codes then that could be considered fraud. 

I'm not here to blame Gun(the company) Im just interested in what happened and want to know if the situation was taken care of. If they have an employee selling codes or a partner stealing them unknowingly it would be good to know that person or persons was properly dealt with. And, let's be honest it can't be very hard to track an eBay or PayPal account to the owner. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brigadius said:

It's not beating a dead horse. Beating a dead horse is when someone says "savini" Jason should be sold again. This was a criminal act that was buried. While value of the codes stolen is questionable there was what like 200+ sold.  So, we will go off of the assigned value of $6. That mean at least $1200 in property was stolen and that's the minimum he could have taken a lot more. That's 3rd degree Grand Theft in most states I believe. I'm not sure if the value he sold them for factors in. Not to mention the other laws that were violated. Selling stolen property across state lines, shipping stolen property through the mail(he actually printed and shipped some of the codes), conspiracy to cover-up, possible tax evasion(i doubt the person is declaring profits from their illegal ventures). Hell there could even be some international laws that were broken by selling to people abroad. And that's just some of the charges the culprit could see. If Gun was involved in any way they could also see charges. Say if they helped cover up the whole thing that could be conspiracy to cover-up and possibly defrauding investors. That last one might be a stretch but if they promised something for money and then tried to cover up or actively gave away the codes then that could be considered fraud. 

I'm not here to blame Gun(the company) Im just interested in what happened and want to know if the situation was taken care of. If they have an employee selling codes or a partner stealing them unknowingly it would be good to know that person or persons was properly dealt with. And, let's be honest it can't be very hard to track an eBay or PayPal account to the owner. 

Precisely.

6 hours ago, Brigadius said:

it can't be very hard to track an eBay or PayPal account to the owner. 

Indeed.

clouseau.png

• Like 1

I want all this ‘Bring back Savini’ bs to be buried and rot forever. It’s completely stupid. Sorry, but you did not back that game, sucks to suck!!!!!

I remember when I first joined the forums and saw a thread where a guy showed how to get Savini illegally and I called him out on it and he started swearing and stuff. 

3 hours ago, Yoshman2523 said:

I want all this ‘Bring back Savini’ bs to be buried and rot forever. It’s completely stupid. Sorry, but you did not back that game, sucks to suck!!!!!

I remember when I first joined the forums and saw a thread where a guy showed how to get Savini illegally and I called him out on it and he started swearing and stuff. 

This isn't about that. It is about the thief who stole codes and was selling them. People are curious as to what became of the "investigation".

3 hours ago, Yoshman2523 said:

Do you know what this thread is about? Or did you misinterpret @Brigadius' words? We are all tired of hearing people turn threads into bitching about getting "Savini" Jason.

9 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Do you know what this thread is about? Or did you misinterpret @Brigadius' words? We are all tired of hearing people turn threads into bitching about getting "Savini" Jason.

Second statement

27 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

This isn't about that. It is about the thief who stole codes and was selling them. People are curious as to what became of the "investigation".

I've been at Gun Media HQ today and as of yet there is nothing new to report about the ongoing investigation. Security has been stepped up on the entrance doors though as this CCTV footage from last night proves. The security and investigation team  appointed by Gun Media are some of the very best on the planet, they strictly abide by the Gun Media corporate code and they're determined to get to the bottom of this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm sorry but I'm on the side of giving Savini out for a day to it's active users. 

At this point? He's no longer exclusive to those people. People playing this game have stayed loyal this entire time. I know two people who see what I'm saying. 

And I know "we're talking about finding out what happened!!" What do you think? They're going to tell you? All of you collective 15 backers still using Savini gonna collectively demand it when 10 still care when the 100's of others with codes have moved onto Dead By Daylight. 

TL;DR: You're never going to get that answer. Savini might as well be released to current players or on F13 to buy. He's barely used. The game is dying. (Get mad). And the current community deserves some sort of thanks for helping test this game. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SUPAH JD said:

I'm sorry but I'm on the side of giving Savini out for a day to it's active users. 

At this point? He's no longer exclusive to those people. People playing this game have stayed loyal this entire time. I know two people who see what I'm saying. 

And I know "we're talking about finding out what happened!!" What do you think? They're going to tell you? All of you collective 15 backers still using Savini gonna collectively demand it when 10 still care when the 100's of others with codes have moved onto Dead By Daylight. 

TL;DR: You're never going to get that answer. Savini might as well be released to current players or on F13 to buy. He's barely used. The game is dying. (Get mad). And the current community deserves some sort of thanks for helping test this game. 

Although this game needs some fixing ,Making Savini free is too desperate of a move to frustrate the community. Making Savini free overall(even for a day) wont bring people back.

1 hour ago, The Gloved One said:

Although this game needs some fixing ,Making Savini free is too desperate of a move to frustrate the community. Making Savini free overall(even for a day) wont bring people back.

I agree with you that making Savini available again won't necessarily bring a lot of people back.

People come, people go. People come back, sometimes...