Jubileet

Meanwhile on Reddit.. (Part 2)

2 hours ago, Serum79 said:

I'm curious about one more thing.  I'm not an Ebay expert so I'm asking someone who may have more experience with the site and how things work.  There was approximately an hour and a half difference between the time the Reddit post was submitted until the time the codes disappeared off of Ebay.  Is it possible that Gun was able to reach out to Limited Run and Limited Run reached out to Ebay for the codes to be taken down so quickly?  I highly doubt a thief would be in the know about the Reddit forums and actively monitoring them.  Plus, Limited Run doesn't know who the thief is, right?  So they wouldn't be able to reach out to and tell them to take the codes down unless they knew who it was.  Can Ebay work that fast to have codes removed without some sort of proof?  Can you simply email Ebay and say, hey this seller is selling codes that were stolen so take them down and Ebay obliges in an inexplicably quick turnaround?  This is what confuses me more than anything and pushes my doubt on the whole "thief" theory.  I don't know though, you all tell me if that's not strange.

it's weird

7 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

The reality is we know more than they think we do and they know more than we know.

Indeed. 

Just making the assumption that the theft came from Limited Run but here's why. The stuff being sold by that eBay seller was mostly Limited Run stuff or stuff associated with limited run(i.e. savini codes/clothing pack because they were guns). Which makes it an obvious place to start looking for the culprit. 

• Savini codes 
  • Counselor clothing pack 
  • Lawbreaker game codes
  • Limited Run trading cards
  • Weekend passes for PAX East

Ok limited Run is listed as having 10 employees. The article says it was a seasonal worker but the codes went on sale starting in July of 2017. Why not see who was working there around that time and figure it out. Since they said this is a theft it should be easy for the authorities to check who's been getting deposits from online sales. 

Why not check who had easy access to some of the stuff being sold.  A lot of the items were specifically Limited Run items. The Limited Run trading cards for example were readily available at their booth at PAX as seen in the pic below that I got from their facebook page. Why not start with the people running the booth. Easy access, right? The cards could easily been lifted while say stocking that card dispenser.

9l4ZM7d.jpg

Now that doesn't explain the Digital codes. Who had access to those. They were emailed well before physical release. Assuming Gun didn't personally email each code they probably had help. Since the theft was said to be from a distributor and we already know that some of the other products being sold were Limited Run products let's just take a wild guess and say LR helped them out. Check who was helping send the codes cross reference with who had easy access to the other products and your list narrows considerably. But since there are only 10 employees listed for LR the list wasn't long to begin with.  

Oh, yeah. They said it was a seasonal worker. How many seasonal workers did they having working in May when the codes were shipped or in July when the auctions started? Even if for some unknown reason they had a large number of temp workers at that time who specifically had computer access to the codes. Would a seasonal worker have computer access if they were just helping to package and ship stuff. If so I don't imagine every worker gets computer access. Maybe add employees who were computer or tech support as a reference point for comparison. It can't be too difficult to figure this out. 

If all else fails the authorities can check bank records and tracking the seller's account, right? This is full of assumptions and speculations but Limited Runs name seems to be all over it and I find it hard to believe they can't track down the person who they said stole their items. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Brigadius said:

It’s not hard at all to find out who it is. If Gun truly wasn’t behind it. I’ve been through stolen EBay sales. You report it stolen. The authorities contact EBay. They get the seller/buyer’s personal info in less than a day. It’s not difficult at all. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

It’s not hard at all to find out who it is. If Gun truly wasn’t behind it. I’ve been through stolen EBay sales. You report it stolen. The authorities contact EBay. They get the seller/buyer’s personal info in less than a day. It’s not difficult at all. 

i've been through it as well. it's not hard. 

It doesn't make sense and that statement just contradicts itself.  First they say they noticed an inventory shortage but also claim they had no clue someone was stealing.  Uhhhh what?  How do you know someone is stealing things but at the same time claim you have no clue it's happening?  Wouldn't you at that time, run an extensive audit to assess the extent of the theft? Wouldn't you at that time run an investigation of some sort to find out who it is and press charges?  Wouldn't you notify your partners of the potential security breach and theft?  

Instead they are just going to blame it on an unknown seasonal worker to exclude fault for the company with no follow through on pressing charges and promise better security in the future.  

This still reeks of something fishy.  

7 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

It doesn't make sense and that statement just contradicts itself.  First they say they noticed an inventory shortage but also claim they had no clue someone was stealing.  Uhhhh what?  How do you know someone is stealing things but at the same time claim you have no clue it's happening?  Wouldn't you at that time, run an extensive audit to assess the extent of the theft? Wouldn't you at that time run an investigation of some sort to find out who it is and press charges?  Wouldn't you notify your partners of the potential security breach and theft?  

Instead they are just going to blame it on an unknown seasonal worker to exclude fault for the company with no follow through on pressing charges and promise better security in the future.  

This still reeks of something fishy.  

All the facts. All the official statements. All point to Gun being behind it. 

1 minute ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

All the facts. All the official statements. All point to Gun being behind it. 

It also doesn't make sense on how they were able to obtain or create codes from months ago or why there was a surplus of codes when we were told their was none and they just can't create more.  

Add on JenTheStranges EBay comment and it just further makes things more fishy.  

10 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

It also doesn't make sense on how they were able to obtain or create codes from months ago or why there was a surplus of codes when we were told their was none and they just can't create more.  

Add on JenTheStranges EBay comment and it just further makes things more fishy.  

That’s what I’ve been saying. Gun flat out said there were only the EXACT amount of codes made. No extras. Backers that received codes for the wrong platform were told they couldn’t exchange it for the correct platform because there were no extra codes made. And no way to create new codes. 

Just in. Usually, there are records the authorities can track. Seems easy enough if you care to look. This isn't hard people. In fact, I'm sure innovative users can figure it out. Never underestimate the inquisitive minds who want answers. 

Only looking carefully will yield answers. Knowledge is right in front of you sometimes. Engage those brains and l'm sure the community will figure it out. Keep pushing for clarity, and Gun will have to come clean. Everything points to a non-seasonal employee at Limited Run.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Just in. Usually, there are records the authorities can track. Seems easy enough if you care to look. This isn't hard people. In fact, I'm sure innovative users can figure it out. Never underestimate the inquisitive minds who want answers. 

Only looking carefully will yield answers. Knowledge is right in front of you sometimes. Engage those brains and l'm sure the community will figure it out. Keep pushing for clarity, and Gun will have to come clean. Everything points to a non-seasonal employee at Limited Run.

This is true but all it takes is the person to state they were given the codes and didn't steal them and the burden of proof shifts to proving they were stolen.

That is easier said than done.

Not to mention expensive.

You are talking about $1200 retail in codes.

The expense of summoning records and people are many times greater with no assurance justice would be served.

I'm not trying to troll or defend the error but this criminal investigation is a pipe dream.

17 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Shhh the devs are reading this right now...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

Shhh the devs are reading this right now...

Lol. I've said my piece. Now I'm off the see what is going on in off topic. 😊

19 minutes ago, Caliph said:

This is true but all it takes is the person to state they were given the codes and didn't steal them and the burden of proof shifts to proving they were stolen.

That is easier said than done.

Not to mention expensive.

You are talking about $1200 retail in codes.

The expense of summoning records and people are many times greater with no assurance justice would be served.

I'm not trying to troll or defend the error but this criminal investigation is a pipe dream.

No. It’s free. You report it to police, they get the personal info in less than a day. No cost. 

3 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

No. It’s free. You report it to police, they get the personal info in less than a day. No cost. 

he's saying finding the guy is not the problem but proving he stole them is. The person could just say they were given to him and then proving he stole them could be costly in court. But he obviously should have had them if he didn't purchase them and Gun said the item was exclusive to backers. So if he was given them it would have to be by Gun which means they would have lied about the exclusivity when selling them. It could get real messy if that happened. 

But, I know they can find this person, them saying otherwise is just a lie.

3 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

he's saying finding the guy is not the problem but proving he stole them is. The person could just say they were given to him and then proving he stole them could be costly in court. But he obviously should have had them if he didn't purchase them and Gun said the item was exclusive to backers. So if he was given them it would have to be by Gun which means they would have lied about the exclusivity when selling them. It could get real messy if that happened. 

It may be costly, but there's always ways to mitigate that when you're the plaintiff.  The most common is that when filing the original complaint, to request attorneys' fees as part of the prayer for damages.  Depending on the jurisdiction/venue, you're likely to have those entered against the defendant as part of the judgment, should it fall in your favor as the plaintiff.

Now, whether or not those fees are collectible against said defendant is another story entirely, but there are certainly avenues available to mitigate the cost impact to the plaintiff.

Good grief how long is this gonna go on? Nobody here knows what's going on for sure just a bunch of guessing and gossip like a bunch of old ladies at a hair salon. Your all gonna have ulcers from worrying over a damn game let it go already. 

8 minutes ago, Duckodb said:

Good grief how long is this gonna go on? Nobody here knows what's going on for sure just a bunch of guessing and gossip like a bunch of old ladies at a hair salon. Your all gonna have ulcers from worrying over a damn game let it go already. 

And yet, here you are. Posting in the thread.......

17 minutes ago, Duckodb said:

I mean - we do know at least 80% of whats going on - it was confirmed.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Duckodb said:

Hey I'm only in the salon so I can look good 

vP22sH8.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Duckodb said:

False.  Ulcers have been scientifically proven to be caused by the introduction of a specific bacteria into the digestive system, not stress.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brigadius said:

They can find the person but that doesn't mean they can simply accuse them of theft in print or word publically without having proof of theft as it will open them up to slander or libel.

Until that person is convicted it's a big no-no.

The chance of conviction for theft this long after the fact is infinitesimally small.

Meaning, they will know who did it but we never will.

The person who may have stolen them can simply lie and say they were given them, but it doesn't mean it's true and that Gun did it. 

But in doing so the mountain of evidence required to convict them would be staggering.

Even if your little fantasy conspiracy theory is true, who gives a crap?  I bought Savini Jason and I couldn't POSSIBLY care less if they were to sell it again, even if they gave it out free, I couldn't care less.  I'd actually encourage them to do so.  I don't need some big special badge of honor.  I want the game to be as complete and enjoyable as it can be for everyone who plays it, and I want them to make money and continue to work on the game.

7 hours ago, Serum79 said:

I'm curious about one more thing.  I'm not an Ebay expert so I'm asking someone who may have more experience with the site and how things work.  There was approximately an hour and a half difference between the time the Reddit post was submitted until the time the codes disappeared off of Ebay.  Is it possible that Gun was able to reach out to Limited Run and Limited Run reached out to Ebay for the codes to be taken down so quickly?  I highly doubt a thief would be in the know about the Reddit forums and actively monitoring them.  Plus, Limited Run doesn't know who the thief is, right?  So they wouldn't be able to reach out to that thief to have the codes taken down unless they knew who it was I guess?  Can Ebay work that fast to have codes removed without some sort of proof?  Can you simply email Ebay and say, hey this seller is selling codes that were stolen so take them down and Ebay obliges in an inexplicably quick turnaround?  This is what confuses me more than anything and pushes my doubt on the whole "thief" theory.  I don't know though, you all tell me if that's not strange.

Ive sold lots of things on eBay and if you have an item posted for sale as a buy it now like those codes were at any point you can pull your own listing down and the second you do it it's gone. I've done it more than once when I changed my mind on the price or just decided I didn't wanna sell something I had listed. If the seller saw the reddit post or somebody tipped them off , whatever everybody's theory is , all they had to do was go remove it there's no messaging eBay or any of that. And where you say you doubt a thief knowing about forums and monitoring them, I'd say the opposite a good criminal is on top of everything if they don't wanna be caught.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Caliph said:

They can find the person but that doesn't mean they can simply accuse them of theft in print or word publically without having proof of theft as it will open them up to slander or libel.

Until that person is convicted it's a big no-no.

The chance of conviction for theft this long after the fact is infinitesimally small.

Meaning, they will know who did it but we never will.

The person who may have stolen them can simply lie and say they were given them, but it doesn't mean it's true and that Gun did it. 

But in doing so the mountain of evidence required to convict them would be staggering.

Disagree.

This fool used an eBay account and accepted digital payments.  Unless he's a criminal Mastermind who took extraordinary measures, there's multiple avenues that can be used to confirm his or her identity with a simple subpoena (or in the case of extreme dumbassery, an ameture internet sleuth).

There'd also criminal activity if a theft occurred, as stated by Gun, so if whichever governing agency decides to pursue this, the criminal investigation and charges would be first, if nothing else than to strengthen any potential civil action by Gun.

It's also not libel or slander if it's a statement is made as an opinion as opposed to a statement of fact.  I can say, for example, "I am of the opinion that Bropollocreed79 is a horse's ass," and nobody could sue me for libel/slander.  No conviction is needed to state an opinion.

A conviction is the result of a criminal case.  If Gun elects to file a civil suit against a vendor's employee (and most likely the vendor), they only have to convince either a judge or jury (depending on the venue ) that the accused was more than half responsible for each tort said defendant stands accused of.  In this case, it won't take much once they obtain the financial records from those transactions.

• Like 1