Jubileet

Meanwhile on Reddit.. (Part 2)

2 hours ago, gyaaft said:

They could cancel ALL the Savini Jason codes for everyone and simply reissue them to the backers only

What about those who paid on the PS4 when it was leaked? Gun would have to refund those people. So if they did remove him from people on PS4 they would have to refund the players who paid the $5 for him. As for the Ebay thing, well that's just gonna piss off people who bought the codes and wasted more then $5 on the skin. 

8 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

A screenshot from a piece of the GameRant article

mEM8TBl.jpg

That is about the dumbest response to the problem I ever heard. If a theft had truly taken place. “Tracking the culprit” as they say would be extremely crucial & important in order to put a stop to this issue & save the companies reputation. Specially while most fingers are being pointed at an inside job. Now why would GameRant say such a thing unless this wasn’t already known that gun/Illfonic have no intention of finding out the thief’s identity. Sounds like a pre-planned response they might of gave during an interview or through an email. More importantly is what company discovers a thief is employed with them & chooses not to figure out who it is? Or to even figure out if others are involved?

@TheHansonGoons is correct. The holiday worker blame makes no sense. If I’m not mistaken weren’t backer Savini codes made to order? Meaning created as people donated/backed/kickstarted the game. Would a holiday employee have access to create more codes long after all the codes have been shipped? If so, Then why weren’t the people who accidentally purchased codes for the wrong system helped? I recall them making a statement claiming that nothing can be done to swap out the code for the correct gaming platform. That would indicated they either don’t want to do it or it’s not possible. In the article they claimed they are denying access with the stolen codes. Yet they couldn’t have blocked access to a code a person received by mistake & instead create a new code for the correct gaming platform? They are blatantly lying. They told backers that “all the codes had already been shipped out/emailed & nothing could be done”.

On another note JenTheStrange posted a rant directed at the company months ago & in her rant she had claimed the company had been closely watching eBay’s prices for Savini Jason. This information back then was irrelevant. However now it’s important. Usually when companies stalk prices of other competitors it’s for the sole purpose for trying to beat the competition. Allow them to set the price of the market so that you can then beat their price. So they are clearly aware that several people were selling gameshares of Savini. I also find it highly unlikely that they failed to notice other auctions actually selling the code itself. How did one person in particular elude the company & sell 225 codes for Savini? When in fact they were watching the sales for Savini closely on eBay.

Damn, somehow i missed out on JenTheStrange's Rant. Was it just in regards to the selling of Savini on ebay or was there more as well? Also i agree, there is just way to many things that just don't add up at all

The codes are worth $6 dollars a piece.

The eBay price is not the value Gun lost.

No one is calling the FBI.

Particularly to placate people upset on the forums.

It's going to be written off as the cost to even go through that entire process compared to $0 for a digital product to Gun is silly.

Literally, the retail value of the codes is about $1200.

Then they would have to prove theft when the person can claim that they were given them.

7 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Damn, somehow i missed out on JenTheStrange's Rant. Was it just in regards to the selling of Savini on ebay or was there more as well? Also i agree with everything you said.

No she posted a rant about how the company laughed as they randomely banned streamers for no reason, she also claimed that they broke their promise to create content that wouldn’t kill the immersion of the game. She also claimed that the game was turning into a big cash grab to pump out immersion killing content like clothing & emotes. Then completely out of the blue she claimed that they had been closely watching eBay transactions of Savini Jason. Which that piece of information is completely irrelevant at the time it was written. She was out to make them look bad & telling everyone about the eBay thing made no sense why she would even mention it unless she was knew a lot more then what she has already told us. Which makes sense because she’s binded by a non disclosure agreement.

She knows the devlopement team real well. She has a ability to directly contact & speak with them beyond the forums & social media networks. At one point she had a very strong, good, & close relationship to the devs.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Caliph said:

I think you misread my post.

I did. Guess I mistook your comment of "Sony and Microsoft's" intentional fuck ups as it was their fault. Sorry sir. Fault admitted.

24 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I did. Guess I mistook your comment of "Sony and Microsoft's" intentional fuck ups as it was their fault. Sorry sir. Fault admitted.

I still believe those were intentionally. Xbox got Savini for free for a period of time right after nearly two months of radio silence & broken patch that kept people from playing the game. The game itself kept crashing every other match & disconnecting. We painfully sat & waited for two months for a lousy fix with no word from the devs about the issue. Then bam out of know where somebody on reddit finds a direct link to Savini being available to download for free on the Microsoft website. I find that extremely hard to believe to be accidental or a mistake.

I see that as an attempt for them to bring back players who downright quit the game because of how broken it was the first two months it released. It was plagued with bugs, glitches, crashes, disconnects, cheaters, Jason teamers, & team killers. What made matters worse was the radio silence & proof they had been working on another game “Dead Alliance”. A lot of people during that time quit the game for a period & some for good.

They have certainly betrayed their fans trust.

Tommy-Wiseau-Meme-09.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tattooey said:

Thanks to @Brigadius for the screenshots

No problem, I forgot all about that review until you mentioned it. Fortunately, I remembered where to find it so I could point you in the right direction. 

That out of the blue eBay statement though seems pretty damning. She mentioned that months before this incident and then Gun says they weren't monitoring eBay sales. Very interesting. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

I still believe those were intentionally. Xbox got "Savini" for free for a period of time right after nearly two months of radio silence & broken patch that kept people from playing the game.

Fixed if for you Tatt. Don't forget the parenthesis around Savini. OP of those reviews did it and there must be a reason for that. LOL.;)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tattooey said:

No she posted a rant about how the company laughed as they randomely banned streamers for no reason, she also claimed that they broke their promise to create content that wouldn’t kill the immersion of the game. She also claimed that the game was turning into a big cash grab to pump out immersion killing content like clothing & emotes. Then completely out of the blue she claimed that they had been closely watching eBay transactions of Savini Jason. Which that piece of information is completely irrelevant at the time it was written. She was out to make them look bad & telling everyone about the eBay thing made no sense why she would even mention it unless she was knew a lot more then what she has already told us. Which makes sense because she’s binded by a non disclosure agreement.

She knows the devlopement team real well. She has a ability to directly contact & speak with them beyond the forums & social media networks. At one point she had a very strong, good, & close relationship to the devs.

I know she was a tester and had a good relationship with them, i have her on twitter, i am just shocked that somehow i missed her posts about all this at the time.

I am curious as to why they would ban random twitch streamers though, that makes zero sense.

24 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

I still believe those were intentionally. Xbox got Savini for free for a period of time right after nearly two months of radio silence & broken patch that kept people from playing the game. The game itself kept crashing every other match & disconnecting. We painfully sat & waited for two months for a lousy fix with no word from the devs about the issue. Then bam out of know where somebody on reddit finds a direct link to Savini being available to download for free on the Microsoft website. I find that extremely hard to believe to be accidental or a mistake.

I see that as an attempt for them to bring back players who downright quit the game because of how broken it was the first two months it released. It was plagued with bugs, glitches, crashes, disconnects, cheaters, Jason teamers, & team killers. What made matters worse was the radio silence & proof they had been working on another game “Dead Alliance”. A lot of people during that time quit the game for a period & some for good.

They have certainly betrayed their fans trust.

Tommy-Wiseau-Meme-09.jpg

That's what I meant. It wasn't Sony of Microsoft's fault. I think that's what @Caliph meant as well. GUN wanted it to be released due to their lack of patch and how many of us Xbox gamers were giving it awful reviews, were about to give up on a game that literally wouldn't finish games. 

Also, you mentioned "Dead Alliance".. what were those other two games? "Starcitizen" and....?

And yes @Alkavian, lest us not forget "Savini" Jason. Remember Ton speakikng at Pax 2016 and seeing Wes and Ronnie looking at each other in the background as he talked?

• Like 1

I do feel for them, I think they're good natured people. Even if it isn't an "inside job" (and I don't personally believe it is) - there's obviously been a seriously fucked up lapse on their watch...that has allowed it to happen. They're obviously gonna be feeling angry, disappointed, furious etc etc. 

Maybe too much "back-slapping" and "handshakes" about the success of the game and not enough eye on the ball allowed it to happen. Who knows?

Life has always taught me not to judge on speculation and conjecture...as a community I would urge people to of course debate, but reserve judgment until facts are known. 

As a community I say we give them our complete support with this issue as we did before. Anything other would be detrimental to all of us.

This is a big issue for them. For us... they were only late with trivial things like release dates, balance patches etc etc - I personally don't believe gameplay and release dates reside in the same depth that this is....it's not fair for us to use our "gripes" about trivial issues as a snowball to then bitch on them for a Reddit story that broke a few days ago when we've been following this game for years(!).

I don't think it's fair to make a judgement without facts in a matter of days. 

18 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Fixed if for you Tatt. Don't forget the parenthesis around Savini. OP of those reviews did it and there must be a reason for that. LOL.;)

Very interesting. First I've heard of all this.

Wonder if some anonymous post is going to show up and spill the beans on all this someday.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Also, you mentioned "Dead Alliance".. what were those other two games? "Starcitizen" and....?

Starcitizen & Revival

Illfonic built a bunch of space ships for Starcitizen that didn’t fit into the game. Huge scaling issue. Which eventually ended up with the game never being completely & never being released. Which caused an 8 month investigation. Was it the holiday worker that made space ships as well?

z2hzL5K.jpg

What a shame. $125 million in crowd funding for a game that never came out. Currently it has raked in a whopping $175 million dollars in crowd funding.

Heres the link

https://www.pcgamer.com/eight-month-investigation-lifts-the-lid-on-star-citizens-troubled-development/

Here is Star Citizens current news

http://www.alphr.com/games/1005750/star-citizen-UK-release-date-rumours-and-news

Heres the link to revival

http://massivelyop.com/2016/03/24/revivals-development-has-been-indefinitely-suspended/

I'm sorry, but I still have little trust in the response from Gun and Limited Run.  The biggest reason is because I posted here about it over a month ago and I messaged the only person I could think of who might have been able to look into it.  I specifically said that the seller had cross platform codes and at the time sold a bunch.  On the third and final message I sent, I implored someone to look into it and threw it out there that the seller was probably a fellow developer or someone who was involved with Gun/Illfonic.  This is because I saw a decent amount of Limited Run cards the seller had in the past.  I suggested that a code be purchased to get some information from this seller and maybe identify where the code came from somehow.  Anyone who took just a minute could see that something was off, this wasn't a fan who got in early and bought a bunch of codes. 
All of my messages were read the same day I sent them and I never even received a response, which really kind of sucked.
Maybe it was theft, but I still have doubts.  At the very least, the whole thing is just another example of extreme carelessness, which was most likely avoidable.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I do feel for them, I think they're good natured people. Even if it isn't an "inside job" (and I don't personally believe it is) - there's obviously been a seriously fucked up lapse on their watch...that has allowed it to happen. They're obviously gonna be feeling angry, disappointed, furious etc etc. 

Maybe too much "back-slapping" and "handshakes" about the success of the game and not enough eye on the ball allowed it to happen. Who knows?

Life has always taught me not to judge on speculation and conjecture...as a community I would urge people to of course debate, but reserve judgment until facts are known. 

As a community I say we give them our complete support with this issue as we did before. Anything other would be detrimental to all of us.

This is a big issue for them. For us... they were only late with trivial things like release dates, balance patches etc etc - I personally don't believe gameplay and release dates reside in the same depth that this is....it's not fair for us to use our "gripes" about trivial issues as a snowball to then bitch on them for a Reddit story that broke a few days ago when we've been following this game for years(!).

I don't think it's fair to make a judgement without facts in a matter of days. 

Both official statements they’ve made is all we need to know. They blamed it on a theft from a distribution center. A theft of digital codes that were emailed and never at a distribution center. Lies. Then the newest statement blames it on temp workers they used for distribution in December. Temp workers that were packaging physical media. MONTHS after the codes were emailed. And from a distribution center that never would have received the codes. The official statements prove they are liars. That’s really all we need to know at this point. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Both official statements they’ve made is all we need to know. They blamed it on a theft from a distribution center. A theft of digital codes that were emailed and never at a distribution center. Lies. Then the newest statement blames it on temp workers they used for distribution in December. Temp workers that were packaging physical media. MONTHS after the codes were emailed. And from a distribution center that never would have received the codes. The official statements prove they are liars. That’s really all we need to know at this point. 

Maybe all we need to know, but remember they can affect future business deals with other companies. Their reputation is already tarnished.  What lies ahead in the future of gaming? Without actual culprits, it affects numerous resumes.

16 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I didn't even know there were new statements Terry Funk (Steamboat vs Funk 1989!!! :) ....was always more of an NWA fan than WWF ;) ) - I will check the statements out. Still not gonna make a judgement until the facts are plain and clear. Too soon for me. 

• Like 1

Hello
no need to refract and get out of school
what must be done is to remove all the codes and return the savini codes to the backer it's not easier
if the devs can not do this
Well, it stops to continue to develop this game is the end for everyone

The reality is we know more than they think we do and they know more than we know.

Hopefully this is resolved. The best thing they can do is be honest. People make mistakes- people will accept honesty. If it really has anything to do with the distributor- explain how that is even possible. 

• Like 3

cogconnected,  ign Africa, and bleeding cool news all have picked up the story too. With so many sites following the story hopefully Gun will give some real answers.

the devs for lying and stealing our money for savini and the concept of the game
I hope you make another skin for the backers
for the savini codes that circulates on ebay
and the worst of all the devs are connect to the forum and no response from them
what a liar strip.

8 hours ago, zoey45 said:
the devs for lying and stealing our money for savini and the concept of the game
I hope you make another skin for the backers
for the savini codes that circulates on ebay
and the worst of all the devs are connect to the forum and no response from them
what a liar strip.

If it were somehow proved they were lying without a doubt, why would you want to continue playing their game?

EDIT: Whoever is in charge of forum formatting, get this awful highlighted text out of it. 

I'm curious about one more thing.  I'm not an Ebay expert so I'm asking someone who may have more experience with the site and how things work.  There was approximately an hour and a half difference between the time the Reddit post was submitted until the time the codes disappeared off of Ebay.  Is it possible that Gun was able to reach out to Limited Run and Limited Run reached out to Ebay for the codes to be taken down so quickly?  I highly doubt a thief would be in the know about the Reddit forums and actively monitoring them.  Plus, Limited Run doesn't know who the thief is, right?  So they wouldn't be able to reach out to that thief to have the codes taken down unless they knew who it was I guess?  Can Ebay work that fast to have codes removed without some sort of proof?  Can you simply email Ebay and say, hey this seller is selling codes that were stolen so take them down and Ebay obliges in an inexplicably quick turnaround?  This is what confuses me more than anything and pushes my doubt on the whole "thief" theory.  I don't know though, you all tell me if that's not strange.