Jubileet

Meanwhile on Reddit.. (Part 2)

2 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Doesn't it all come down to preference anyway?   Everyone has a different opinion.  I have him as well, and I don't think he is the best.  Some due to my skill level, some due to other Jasons fitting my preferences.  Yes, savini has a very great skill set.  However, for some like myself, that +shift is more of a negative.  Accompanied with lag, that plus shift can be very tricky.   Yes, I like using him the most in quick play due to how badass he looks and how much other players react to him, but against skilled counselors in quick play he is.....not useless, but very underwhelming.  So, once again, it comes down to what your skill level is and what fits you better as a player.  So, no one on this thread is wrong, but no one is exactly right either.  But everyone has valid points. 

Edit:.  And that hit detection....  Terrible.  

Omg the memes are coming to life. “+Shift is more of a weakness!” Yikes.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Awesome! Gonna have to make a test cake. 

I think I’m going to try making them in cupcake form this year. Then I won’t feel like as big of a piece of shit if I just eat one cupcake instead of half an entire cake. 

Just now, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I think I’m going to try making them in cupcake form this year. Then I won’t feel like as big of a piece of shit if I just eat one cupcake instead of half an entire cake. 

I know what you mean. 

I can never bake anything right because my oven likes to say it's at one temperature but it's like at 325 versus 375

That or I get too high to remember I put something in the oven. 

Just now, stoney said:

Hopefully it wasn't brownies. That'd just be a waste.

37 minutes ago, ExOTiC1234 said:

+Shift can be a weakness. Yeah you cover more ground, but you do so more quickly as well. Seeing as how Shift is already unmanageably fast in closer quarters and imprecise, maybe you can begin to see some of its cons vs. another strength.

17 minutes ago, stoney said:

I can never bake anything right because my oven likes to say it's at one temperature but it's like at 325 versus 375

Lol. That’s what the timer is for. 

58 minutes ago, ExOTiC1234 said:

Like I said, it is to some who have a hard time controlling it.  I was talking about myself specifically and admitted I'm not a great Jason player.  That was my point.  It doesn't come easy to everyone, but to the self proclaimed gaming gods on here it is taken as a negative.  So be it.  I wasn't disagreeing with your points at all.  I wasn't agreeing with them either.   It is all conjecture anyway.  

3 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

No one cares that you cant get the exclusive skin that was available between September 2015 and March 2017...no one. Drop it. 

Drop it nothing. People are going to keep requesting him, and you can learn to deal with it. But hey, this whole scalper business is totally a better alternative. And yes, contrary to your inane shitposting, plenty of people care. Hence why there is much demand for him.

Nice try, though.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Zentorno said:

Drop it nothing. People are going to keep requesting him, and you can learn to deal with it. But hey, this whole scalper business is totally a better alternative. And yes, contrary to your inane shitposting, plenty of people care. Hence why there is much demand for him.

Nice try, though.

Again, I mentioned this to someone else, all of the arguments you and others have brought about "Savini" have been said before. Read over the Savini thread.

This is going to be upsetting to you and others but no one cares about the demand. The argument is closed. Feel free to re-read the first post of the Savini thread each time you get all sweaty for Savini.

That said, this topic is not about Savini as a character and how he plays or his stats. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Again, I mentioned this to someone else, all of the arguments you and others have brought about "Savini" have been said before. Read over the Savini thread.

This is going to be upsetting to you and others but no one cares about the demand. The argument is closed. Feel free to re-read the first post of the Savini thread each time you get all sweaty for Savini.

That said, this topic is not about Savini as a character and how he plays or his stats. 

They keep getting repeated because, whether you like them or not, they're sound arguments. Right now there is no sound argument for keeping them exclusive especially in light of this recent event. And yes, plenty of people, again contrary to the shitposting, care about the demand. Clearly they do since somebody went to the effort selling codes on eBay.

And no, the argument is not closed. People will continue requesting him, and you will learn to deal with it. Spamming 'the argument has been closed' and all its variations will not change the fact that the demand is there, the demand will continue, and the requests, likewise, will continue. Again, deal with it.

• Like 1

Just now, Zentorno said:

They keep getting repeated because, whether you like them or not, they're sound arguments. Right now there is no sound argument for keeping them exclusive especially in light of this recent event. And yes, plenty of people, again contrary to the shitposting, care about the demand. Clearly they do since somebody went to the effort selling codes on eBay.

And no, the argument is not closed. People will continue requesting him, and you will learn to deal with it. Spamming 'the argument has been closed' and all its variations will not change the fact that the demand is there, the demand will continue, and the requests, likewise, will continue. Again, deal with it.

What about the games on PS4 and Xbox one? Shouldn't those be places on other systems? What about the exclusives on PC? Shouldn't everyone have a right to all of those games?  

27 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

"B..Bu...BUT I WANT HIM!!! I WANT HIM I WANT HIM I WANNNTTTTTTT!!!!!"

:sadchappa::sadchappa::sadchappa:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

What about the games on PS4 and Xbox one? Shouldn't those be places on other systems? What about the exclusives on PC? Shouldn't everyone have a right to all of those games?  

Strawman arguments are not arguments either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zentorno said:

Strawman arguments are not arguments either.

These are exclusive items on other systems, it's a right argument, of someone says their game is only on PS4 it's only on PS4. This fits with what the devs said, these items when to those who backed the game.

No, it's not the right argument in the least because these exclusives you mention (and I like how intentionally vague you were in mentioning them not even specifying first person exclusives or third party exclusives) are a completely different topic (games not DLC content) and are exclusive under a different set of circumstances.

The only argument you guys had was the same, tired, frequently debunked 'b-b-b-b-but muh principulz!' defense mechanism which this recent turn of events on Gun Media's part throws out the window.

The shills can meme, sputter, cure, snark, feather ruffle, ad hominem, mental gymnastic, and Dunning-Kruger effect all they want, but there are officially no arguments left to support it being exclusive any longer. Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Zentorno said:

the demand is there, the demand will continue, and the requests, likewise, will continue.

And the requests will continue to be ignored. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R.J MacReady said:

And the requests will continue to be ignored. 

Ignored so much that somebody from the development team thought they were worth selling on eBay.

Checkmate, sport.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zentorno said:

No, it's not the right argument in the least because these exclusives you mention (and I like how intentionally vague you were in mentioning them not even specifying first person exclusives or third party exclusives) are a completely different topic (games not DLC content) and are exclusive under a different set of circumstances.

The only argument you guys had was the same, tired, frequently debunked 'b-b-b-b-but muh principulz!' defense mechanism which this recent turn of events on Gun Media's part throws out the window.

The shills can meme, sputter, cure, snark, feather ruffle, ad hominem, mental gymnastic, and Dunning-Kruger effect all they want, but there are officially no arguments left to support it being exclusive any longer. Sorry.

Okay so let's go over this since you wanna play the "I want it" card. There are places that do exclusive items, some are timed some aren't. Some companies buy the rights and put it on their systems. You can't always have what you want. There are stores like Walmart and target and even toys'r'us who sale exclusive items that you can't buy in other stores and they can also be timed exclusive as well. Heck many things can be discontinued and only a limited time offer before you can't get said item, this is the case with Savini. 

10 minutes ago, Zentorno said:

Ignored so much that somebody from the development team thought they were worth selling on eBay.

Checkmate, sport.

Yeah? And look how well this is now going for that person, major gaming websites are picking up on the story and I would imagine that if it is someone from Gun, they're probably looking at not having a job anymore If Gun gives even a tiny squirt of s**t about their reputation, regardless if they knew it was happening or not, the cat is out of the bag.

So much for your theory that people wouldn't be outraged.

Why does nearly every thread about Savini turn into a hypothetical bloodbath?!!

3 minutes ago, Serum79 said:

Why does nearly every thread about Savini turn into a hypothetical bloodbath?!!

Because they always bring one or two whiners from generation entitlement who think they're owed something simply for breathing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Zentorno said:

If Gun is the be believed, and all keys were delivered at some point - which they say they were - that would mean the only remaining keys are those that haven't been redeemed yet (for whatever reason) and these "stolen" ones.

However, again, if Gun is to be believed,  "While there is not a never-ending source for these codes, we will be cancelling any unredeemed codes that have been affected by this theft."

This would now mean that the ONLY keys left in circulation are those that haven't been redeemed yet, as these stolen ones are now void. So that's probably very few at this point.

They won't be releasing MORE keys for something that was a backer exclusive after they've repeatedly said they won't be selling him again.

They don't owe "Savini" to anyone because this happened, either. That's childish.

Argument is definitely closed. But feel free to keep smacking your head against that brick all. No one is stopping you. We're just letting you know why you should probably stop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Getting back on topic, I have one last thing to say about this.  I can't express my disappointment with the entire situation, not only on behalf of the backers, but also those who spent insane amounts of money buying these codes off of Ebay.  Shifty Samurai has been doing as good of a job as possible with the community, but the comment that Gun "assumed that backer-content keys being sold on eBay were the same as you; a fan who got in early and purchased extra keys" just doesn't sit right with me.  What one fan happened to get in early across all three platforms and purchase a ton of codes?  It makes no sense.  As far as I'm aware codes were only accidentally sold on the PS4, the XBOX had Savini up for free, and I don't believe they ever went on sale accidentally through Steam.  The fact is that attention was brought up about this a month ago, someone was selling cross platform codes and a lot of them on Ebay, but nothing was done.  And so now another upsetting fiasco.