Chace Hollett

Could there be a Friday the 13th NES map

So I know this might sound stupid but what if they made a NES map? The cabins are there, and could use a car to escape. It would just be not 8bit.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

They would need to mod it a bit, since the lake has no escape route. I'd definitely play it, though. Wonder what the cave would be used for, since Pamela's head is already in Jason's shack. 

13 minutes ago, Malken said:

They would need to mod it a bit, since the lake has no escape route. I'd definitely play it, though. Wonder what the cave would be used for, since Pamela's head is already in Jason's shack. 

Well to be fair no lake has an escape route. It's a lake! Interesting idea none the less. 

Ooooh, I support this idea 110%. Maybe that's why the Retro Jason remake is taking so long?

I've felt the same way.

Except I would want the map in NES 8 bit look with some easter eggs like dead zombies and whatnot, maybe even rocks, torches and keys that aren't car keys just sort of hidden around the map. At the very least, the Retro Jason should have an 8 bit looking blue mask as well.

The Cave would be pitch black dark, no matter the lighting, forcing counselors to have flashlights on at all times to see. Course, you put very valuable items in there to compensate for this.. Maybe to also help differentiate this map from the others, like the permanent boat escape on Jarvis map.

With this map, you give it the time of day transitions like the NES game had to go along with the random rain.

Dusk, Dawn, Night, Day in any random order. Every 5 minutes the lighting gradually changes.

They should make a map with no cabins. The map should have campsites and a couple storage sheds or boathouses that's it and weapons scattered everywhere. That would really be intense and hard to survive.

1 hour ago, Chace Hollett said:

So I know this might sound stupid but what if they made a NES map? The cabins are there, and could use a car to escape. It would just be not 8bit.

IMG_0260.JPG

In other words a minecraft map 

I think it would work, but it needs some tweeks.

1: while the Lake is the primary body of water, make a river go all the way along the map from the lake to the out-of-bounds area. This enables Water+ Jasons to be able to have a rather dangerous "highway" while waiting for morph to cool down.

2: make the cave much larger, possibly 2-3 times the size on-map, possibly taking up most of the upper left corner of the map. Also, make it pitch black. Put weapons and items in it (abandoned camp supplies), and count the cave as one large "shack". This would mean even Jason sees only pitch black unless he activates sense, but while inside, he still won't see specific counselors. This means a careful game of sneaking around and how counselors will want to use their lights sparingly lest Jason sees them.

3: Boat is always on the map and only ever has the one escape, though different starting spots, but one long narrow escape path.

But other than that, I'd love it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JPops said:

Well to be fair no lake has an escape route. It's a lake! Interesting idea none the less. 

Only closed lakes are totally surrounded by land. Open lakes are usually connected to rivers. But I think Crystal Lake was definitely retconned to be an open lake in Part VIII.

But I'd love to have this map as a DLC later down the line. Maybe even a new mode that echoes some of the ideas of the original.

1 minute ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Only closed lakes are totally surrounded by land. Open lakes are usually connected to rivers. But I think Crystal Lake was definitely retconned to be an open lake in Part VIII.

But I'd love to have this map as a DLC later down the line. Maybe even a new mode that echoes some of the ideas of the original.

Yeah, part VIII somehow connected it to a waterway that leads to new york.

6 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Valid point, I guess I was saying you could use a car instead it doesn't not need to be an escape option 

32 minutes ago, JPops said:

Valid point, I guess I was saying you could use a car instead it doesn't not need to be an escape option 

Yeah, I agree. The boat isn't even on every map as it is.

The cave should definitely require you to have your flashlight on most of the times, but there probably should be at least one campfire in there too, with a bunch of items strewn around it. Maybe 1 or 2 chasms (interactive kills) tops, with wooden bridges to cross them (one of them leading to Pamela's shrine). I think It'd be cool if Jason could be able to set his traps in the ground inside the cave.  I'd also go with a few large, connected chambers rather than a series of criss-crossing tunnels, because having to chase counselors through those would likely take the whole 20 min by itself.

As an Easter egg, have a few notes pinned on the walls inside cabins with the clues from the NES game scribbled on them.   

Others have made threads on this, and it seems most people are in favor of this. Hopefully the devs have taken notice.

I don't think they can make one. First off they have no references all cabins where the same, without furniture or different colors. Another thing is that in the lake there's no escape route so no boat. And I think would be more interesting another maps like Crystal Lake town, Manhattan, or Tina House.

1 hour ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I don't think they can make one. First off they have no references all cabins where the same, without furniture or different colors. Another thing is that in the lake there's no escape route so no boat. And I think would be more interesting another maps like Crystal Lake town, Manhattan, or Tina House.

I'm not sure I understand your point here. They already have models for cabins in the game, so it's simply a matter of putting those on a 3D version of the NES map. As far as the lake having no escape route, they can easily add one. But considering there's no children to save in this game (which was the whole point of going on the lake in the NES game), they could just leave it as a pond that players can swim through and maybe add a small island in the middle of it with a campfire or something.  

6 hours ago, JPops said:

Tell that to Part 8 Jason...

:ph34r:

LOL

Here's what I'd dig in an NES map...

First off... big sprawled out map like the original one.

No boat escape.

Jason's shack can either be on an island in the middle of the lake or in the cave.

Escape by calling the cops, 2 or 4 seat car, or a newly introduced truck. Truck holds 6 but if you drive it too fast / recklessly it can throw counselors that are sitting in the bed of the truck. 

Stray wolves you need to run from while traveling through the forest. If they catch you, they can't kill you but can reduce you to a limp.

12 hours ago, Chace Hollett said:

IMG_0260.JPG

This kind of thread has popped up before and I supported it then and I support it now.

I really like this idea! could it also have an alternating day time or evening setting? I know the idea ruins the stealth aspect of the game but it would be a great to have new eerie music for the cabins and forests.. a fresh new eerieness.

This cannot possibly be a bad idea in any way and if yall are gonna go as far as bringing retro Jason in and giving these new Jasons their own map then retro Jason is long overdue for his own hes not just a skin on part 3 hes the original video game Jason which makes him his own Jason in his own respect so like the others give him his map 

FB_IMG_1517601326035.jpg