Chace Hollett

Could there be a Friday the 13th NES map

Im also new to the Forum.

I Like this Nes map thread.

i dont want to see it get locked because of arguing.

I Hope that this idea map gets put into the game.

I dig the idea, but some of the follow up suggestions are just not plausible in a 20 minute match. The cave would almost assuredly have to be replaced with Jason's shack rather than having a mini-world inside the already existing map. Also, getting lost in the woods only worked because it was a 2D level design. It's not really possible design-wise to get lost in a 3D open map and if it was, then everyone would just avoid going into it... The Pamela head attacking to defend herself would also be kinda tough to implement for a couple of reasons: 1) if she kills them, does Jason get the EXP even though he didn't do anything? and if not, then counselors are just going to troll Jason by running to the cabin to die when Jason has dead to rights. 2) the fighting system is already kinda janky to handle, let alone trying to hit a floating head... I also think it would make the cabin a hotbed of Jason planting traps to weaken players before they even take the mother head on so no one ever gets the sweater. 

I'm all for the map though, I just think the context of how the map plays has to be kept within reason. That said, if they redo the NES Jason to go along with it, they have to make him a +morph considering how the old one could pop up anywhere on the map at any time. This would be a pretty large map too, and I find that bigger maps assist in the counselors surviving a little longer than normal since Jason can't squat on a busy area as easily. So if kept the way it looks in the NES game it would be a pretty popular map as it will help with matches having a little more length and less of a chance of the dreaded "first morph chase" that happens pretty frequently in Higgens and Packanack. 

I definitely want this added as a HUGE map, this would be the most fun map in the game to explore. I want the caves and all added.

I like the idea of having the deep forests and cave as mini worlds within the map.

They would have to offer items or escape items in the cave and deep forests though. Especially escape items. Getting lost inside the cave or the deep woods could be fun or annoying, but definitely new. Maybe you could even disable the mini map and world map INSIDE those mini worlds. You can only see people by sight.

One of the main complaints about the main maps is too much draw simulation but honestly...I feel like if more items spawned outside. The complaint would be not enough items spawn inside cabins. Nobody will ever be happy unless every inch of the map is filled with items, including all the drawers. That's what I see.

I suppose the devs should  create more items that could spawn in drawers that don't have as much relevance. Same for outside the cabins, but THEN the complaint would be items aren't significant enough.

As big as they can make it. The more interesting things they test in this map, the better for the game in general.

I'd like  to see a whole 8bit map with pixels.
The walls, trees, everything, even 8bit sounds and music.
But it would be a better idea to put in a virtual NES in the virtual cabin and full F13 game, and an extra trophy for completeing it.

I'd like it to be it's own game mode called "Arcade Mode". There would be two versions, "Classic" and "realism". Classic would be an 8-bit map and realism would be a normal 3D version of the 8 bit map with normal counselors. The goal would be to earn points by fixing things or inflicting damage to Jason (or counselors if you're Jason), etc. and whoever earns the most points wins. Everyone would earn Xp and the top 3 players get additional XP. 3rd places gets an extra 100, 2nd gets 275, 1st gets 500

7 hours ago, Yoshman2523 said:

I would like to see this, but I want other maps more. Like Camp Forest Green or Voorhees House.

^this. The Voorhees House has been highly requested as of late, so it wouldn't surprise me if we get itas one of the last things they put in the game. I'd say in April we'll get single player challenges whenever we get the new engine, then from April to December we'll slowly but surely get Jason X, grendel, a few new counselors (Melissa and Mark, more than likely) and hopefully the Voorhees mansion as a last edition.