ZillaMeister

Best obscure slasher films?

suuuuper obscure, dood i knew from another forum made this. he died awhile back (and knew bill hicks)

7 hours ago, jistsomeguy said:

suuuuper obscure, dood i knew from another forum made this. he died awhile back (and knew bill hicks)

Everyone I hear the name Bill I can’t help but think of Buffalo Bill.

AND THEN

The crazy time my Computers teacher was showing us a movie posters video and The Silence of the Lambs came up and she was struggling to turn the vid off haha.

I watched a different one the other day I enjoyed calles Zero Boys. 

I am also real surprised no one has mentioned The Prowler. Directed by Joseph Zito( F13: Final Chapter) and make up and effects done by Tom Savini(Friday the 13th, F13: Final Chapter, need I say more)

I watched a couple of films recently called "Laid to Rest". It's a duology of newer age slasher flicks (third film slated for release this year) featuring the villain Chromeskull and a wide arrange of awesome practical effects.

If you are a fan of the Hatchet movies I'd absolutely recommend them. Light on atmosphere, heavy on gore.

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:02 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

I watched a different one the other day I enjoyed calles Zero Boys. 

I am also real surprised no one has mentioned The Prowler. Directed by Joseph Zito( F13: Final Chapter) and make up and effects done by Tom Savini(Friday the 13th, F13: Final Chapter, need I say more)

Finally got round to watching The Prowler (Rosemary's Killer here in the UK) couple of weeks back. Really enjoyed it, definitely makes it in to my top ten slashers.

ALICE SWEET ALICE (1976)  I don't know why I waited so long to see this film, but I love it.  

HELL NIGHT (1981) Vincent Van Patten is the true hero of this flick!

CURTAINS (1983) I remember the ads on TV.  They were actually scarier than the movie.

APRIL FOOL'S DAY (1986) It's been a long time since I've watched this.  Just kidding, saw it three days ago. Just kidding...

POPCORN (1991)  Horrible! But it's also Great!

YOU'RE NEXT (2011) Really liked this murderous romp.

LOST AFTER DARK (2015) Some rebellIous teens; some good kills.  This 80's homage slasher flick follows the rules, except when it doesn't. 

He Knows Your Alone Trailer (1980) and Bloody Murder 2 Trailer (2003) are really good, I would also mention Cherry Falls but I think someone already said that one and the original Prom Night with Jamie Lee Curtis is good (much better then the remake that’s for sure!)

On 2/2/2018 at 5:48 PM, shaderaygun said:

Sleepaway Camp, Sleepaway Camp, Sleepaway Camp.

It competes with Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives as my all time favorite slasher movie. There's so many interesting things in that film if you dig into it and look at symbolism and Freudian psychology, it's nuts. Plus, what other slasher film has someone getting killed by bees? It's my favorite movie to show people for the very first time, just to see their reactions to the ending.

I would also say The Town That Dreaded Sundown (1976), which is one of the first slasher movies ever made. The Phantom Killer is really intimidating for an otherwise cheesy movie, and he inspired Jason's Part 2 appearance. Plus, one of the few slashers to use a gun as his primary weapon. This combined with a fun murder mystery plot makes it one of my favorites. Oh, and its poster was painted by the guy who did the Star Wars posters.

Totally agree with you, both great films

On 3/14/2018 at 7:23 PM, badassgixxer05 said:

Slumber Party Massacre (1982). Think there were a few sequels also..

Haha yeah classic, had good kills, def worth watching

Just now, FinalGirl88 said:

Haha yeah classic, had good kills, def worth watching

Hey good looking, what ya got cookin ‘

BLACK DEVIL DOLL. "He's a lover, he's a fighter....He's a muthafuckin' puppet! And if you think you're ready for him, think again BITCH!"

What about the Norwegian movie called Rovdyr (2008) aka Manhunt by Patrik Syversen. I’ve seen it twice and really enjoyed it. “The summer of 1974. Four young friends have planned a relaxing weekend out in the woods. At a remote truck stop they pick up a hitchhiker, who only after a short ride demands that they stop the car. They are terrified. Suddenly they are all ambushed and left unconscious. They wake up deep in the woods with no one around but the sound of a hunting horn”.

And then, of course The Hatchet. I would love to see a fight between Jason and Victor Crowley. 

16 hours ago, FinalGirl88 said:

I would love to see a fight between Jason and Victor Crowley. 

So you want to see Kane Hodder vs. Kane Hodder . . . ?

16 hours ago, FinalGirl88 said:

And then, of course The Hatchet. I would love to see a fight between Jason and Victor Crowley. 

I've never seen any of the Hatchet movies. I guess its about time I give them a go. Worth watching all 4?

6 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

So you want to see Kane Hodder vs. Kane Hodder . . . ?

Hahaha I would like to yeah 

6 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I've never seen any of the Hatchet movies. I guess its about time I give them a go. Worth watching all 4?

I honestly prefer the first and second.

Jason X....

I am still kinda fresh to horror so the best I could say is maybe Freddy vs Jason vs Ash.....which isn´t even a movie.....well Never Hike Alone maybe?

Was browsing through the posts and I didn't see either Pieces or The Barn being mentioned yet so I figured I'd bring them up.

On 3/26/2018 at 3:38 AM, Rexfellis said:

There's always 2001 Maniacs. It was a remake of 1964's 2000 maniacs. Not a "slasher" per se, but definitely a gory flick. It has Robert Englund, as the main antagonist, as well as a town full of batshit crazy redneks Eli Roth also produced the film, and he reprises his role as Justin from Cabin Fever. And even Kane Hodder has a cameo at the end as one of the maniacs named Jason.

It is not a cinematic masterpiece by any means, but there are plenty of well done practical gore effects as well as some pretty messed up humor spread through it. Definitely not a film for those who are easily offended. I won't give away any of the plot, but the maniacs are racist, homophobic, misogynistic, and basically just as anti-pc as you can be.

I loved this cheesy movie. Agree with your assessment 100%. Picked it up in a bargain bin years ago.

My list would be:

Maniac

My Bloody Valentine (original)

The Town That Dreaded Sundown

The Sleepaway Camp Series

May

Black Christmas

Silent Night Deadly Night

Edit: Also had to add Christmas Evil

• Like 1

Is Drive Thru considered obscure? The one with Horny the Clown. Shit's so bad, it's good to me. 

Edit: Hmmmm.....my next post will be my 666th post. 

Were you around for the Late 80s/Early 90s SNL cast? Have you ever visited Six Flags Over Georgia? Do you enjoy being duped into thinking a movie is a slasher based on its marketing or by the general confusion of your local video store? Then you're going to LOVE Funland!

funland-film-442b759c-a8b1-4385-95c9-a98

Guaranteed to be a different movie than it's VHS cover predicts!

Posted (edited)

I havent been this intrigued in a while but I feel I'll be let down. Is it any good @NthnButAGoodTime?

Ok so I just finished watching Funland and I think it deserves a remake. It has the possibility to be really disturbing and thrilling. I give it 4/5 on the obscurity scale. Weed makes the movie much more entertaining BTW. I was on the edge of my seat at the end. Would recommend.

Edited by F134Ever86