Mr. Blonde

Things Counselors Shouldn't be able to do, But Can

Use this thread to discuss all things counselors are able to do but shouldn't be able to.

I'll start:

1.) Blocking throwing knives. Counselors shouldn't be able to block throwing knives. It makes no sense, looks comical, and defeats the whole purpose of successfully aiming at a counselor and using up a resource. Throwing knives should be unblockable. They removed Jason being able to block Flare Guns, so why should counselors be able to block throwing knives?

2.) Swing their Machetes and Axes freely indoors. Counselors shouldn't be able to swing their Machetes and Axes freely in doors without a risk of getting their weapon stuck for a couple seconds against a wall or wooden furniture. Aside from Jason's atrocious melee hit detection, he also has the risk of getting his weapon stuck when he is aimlessly swinging. I don't see why this shouldn't apply to counselors as well. It's a fair trade off for sharp weapons that do a lot of damage.

3.) Commit suicide. This is probably the silliest thing in the entire game. Suicide is literally just there to give trolls a way to get back at Jason. Suicide doesn't provide any meaningful tactic or help towards the team. An easy way to fix suicide is to just give Jason the kill when a counselor does it, or to make it so counselors cannot die from broken window looping, second story jumping, or walking into their bear traps. Just leave them with 1hp left instead so Jason can kill them.

4.) Tank traps and instantly heal like nothing happened. This has been a major issue since Jason's traps got heavily nerfed a good while ago. A counselor can immediately step in a trap and then instantly heal and be at perfect health before Jason has the chance to morph back. A suggestion for this would be to make it so either a fellow counselor has to pry you out of Jason's trap OR make it so a fellow counselor has to heal you after you step in Jason's trap. This would promote team work instead of those singular counselors just running around the map and tanking all traps on sight because they can.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 3

This won't end well.

I like all your reasoning, but I don't agree with a single point. Mostly because this is a video game and needs these things to make the mixture better. And that a couple of the points are made just because people abuse the feature in the wrong way. 

• Thanks 2

Melee Attacks.   I find it weird that Jason can chop a counselor and they can take that hit and either RUN away at full speed or Swing at Jason right after they are hit with their own melee weapons and still knock Jason down.

Healing. Being able to heal mid chase so quickly i think makes no sense.  They should increase the time need to heal to about 5 seconds of spray time.

Windows Making Counselors immune to damage when climbing through windows is kind of annoying.  Jason should be able to grab them while they are climbing through

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

Melee Attacks.   I find it weird that Jason can chop a counselor and they can take that hit and either RUN away at full speed or Swing at Jason right after they are hit with their own melee weapons and still knock Jason down.

Healing. Being able to heal mid chase so quickly i think makes no sense.  They should increase the time need to heal to about 5 seconds of spray time.

Windows Making Counselors immune to damage when climbing through windows is kind of annoying.  Jason should be able to grab them while they are climbing through

Those are really good points. It is very odd that counselors can easily heal in just a matter of a couple seconds using a Med Spray.

It should take only a couple seconds to heal with a Med Spray if you are healing an ally. Healing yourself should take longer. I would at least increase the healing from a Med Spray being used on yourself for double the time. So you have to plan and use strategy to heal when alone.

Also the window bubble protection for counselors is still an issue.

Oh boy, you know lots of things about this game don't make sense, like why is Jason Part 4 in Packanack, why does Roy hear Pamela.

Why can't we use the tractor in Pinehurst.

I have an answer for all of your questions above, it's a game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

@OP

100% true good sir.

By the way, your post count to reputation ratio is impressive. Kudos!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Oh boy, you know lots of things about this game don't make sense, like why is Jason Part 4 in Packanack, why does Roy hear Pamela.

Why can't we use the tractor in Pinehurst.

I have an answer for all of your questions above, it's a game.

A game where the counselor experience is quite boring. What threat does Jason pose being a yard away yield when I can just block his Throwing Knives? Why would I care about him placing non-replenishable expensive resources such as traps when I can just dive into them and instantly heal like nothing happened?

There needs to be a better horror-like or blood pumping experience for counselors so that way when you're playing as them 90% of the time (which the game forces you), it's very fun and requires you to think strategy with the team.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

2.) Swing their Machetes and Axes freely indoors. Counselors shouldn't be able to swing their Machetes and Axes freely in doors without a risk of getting their weapon stuck for a couple seconds against a wall or wooden furniture.

11 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

These actually go hand-in-hand.

A counselor can swing an axe hard enough to lay Jason out, but Jason cannot do the same to a counselor.

Yet Jason can swing an axe hard enough to get it lodged in wood for several seconds, yet a counselor cannot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

3.) Commit suicide. This is probably the silliest thing in the entire game. Suicide is literally just there to give trolls a way to get back at Jason. Suicide doesn't provide any meaningful tactic or help towards the team. An easy way to fix suicide is to just give Jason the kill when a counselor does it, or to make it so counselors cannot die from broken window looping, second story jumping, or walking into their bear traps. Just leave them with 1hp left instead so Jason can kill them.

This I can get behind, they just limp till Jason get's them. It's better then having Jason get the points because they suicide.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

This I can get behind, they just limp till Jason get's them. It's better then having Jason get the points because they suicide.

I agree. It would technically be a buff towards counselors since that one guy could continue to still window loop and buy time for his team mates trying to get an objective done, but he will get caught by Jason eventually. 

I knew I recognized you and @NScarlato last night...I was one of the 2-3 that escaped at the cops on Pinehurst. Really thought I was gonna die that round because I had to limp all the way to the cemetery for a med spray after eating the trap to call the cops.

I often forget where I know certain names from.

Fun round though.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

I agree. It would technically be a buff towards counselors since that one guy could continue to still window loop and buy time for his team mates trying to get an objective done, but he will get caught by Jason eventually. 

Yeah this would also keep trolls from robbing Jason of his kills.

5 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I knew I recognized you and @NScarlato last night...I was one of the 2-3 that escaped at the cops on Pinehurst. Really thought I was gonna die that round because I had to limp all the way to the cemetery for a med spray after eating the trap to call the cops.

I often forget where I know certain names from.

Fun round though.

Were you playing as Adam?

Keep suicide, but have it count as a Jason kill. Otherwise broken windows are rendered moot and it's a counselor buff against Jason for trolls to use.

• Like 1

Before the addition of the extra throwing knives for Jason, I would have been 100% on board with longer heal times.

But now...yeah...you gotta be able to spray mid chase.

33 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Before the addition of the extra throwing knives for Jason, I would have been 100% on board with longer heal times.

But now...yeah...you gotta be able to spray mid chase.

I disagree mainly because healing in mid chase looks kind of stupid because it so fast.

At least up the time to 5 seconds which means.  You should have to at least jump into a boarded up cabin and heal while Jason is knocking down the door.  Or get away first Or have Jason distracted by other players

Throwing Knives can be avoided by breaking line of sight.

Why don't we just start the game with counselors in the injured state and remove all objectives from the map so there is no escape? 

Stop bitching and just enjoy the game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

I disagree mainly because healing in mid chase looks kind of stupid because it so fast.

At least up the time to 5 seconds which means.  You should have to at least jump into a boarded up cabin and heal while Jason is knocking down the door.  Or get away first Or have Jason distracted by other players

Throwing Knives can be avoided by breaking line of sight.

Heal time of 5 seconds = guaranteed death via throwing knife, especially when I get to 15 with Roy. Good luck breaking line of sight when you're limping. But ok...If you say so. I really can't be bothered to argue with people here anymore.

13 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Heal time of 5 seconds = guaranteed death via throwing knife, especially when I get to 15 with Roy. Good luck breaking line of sight when you're limping. 

You're not really making a good case on WHY someone should be able to heal when they are limping tho.  They are limping for a reason.

Throwing knives is another topic.   But if you do NOT want get hit by knives while you healed ( And healing time was increased) you need to break line of sight or get help shoot him 1st.  Or Just die.

I had to deal with some roof glitchers that blocked every throwing knife in the map and didn't die. I used to think blocking throwing knives was ok, but now I see why they should be unblockable.

Healing after tanking a trap, well that's hard to say. They could put a delay before med sprays will work after a trap but that'll make you a sitting duck. Undecided on that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Why don't we just start the game with counselors in the injured state and remove all objectives from the map so there is no escape? 

Stop bitching and just enjoy the game. 

Can I use a little of this salt for my popcorn? Thanks.

gif-popcorn-food-1212454.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While I agree tanking traps is annoying. i wish there was third option to trigger them other them other then walking on them or pocket knife. I was option #3 was set off Trap with any weapon (and that would Break the weapon) and notify Jason, but it be seems like it still be a reasonable way to trigger them.