Mr. Blonde

Things Counselors Shouldn't be able to do, But Can

1) If you learn to quick scope with the knives, counselors won't have time to block.

2) Counselors are already at a major disadvantage indoors in terms of combat. Jason controls the pace of combat indoors, because he controls when to engange when the counselor is cornered or within confined space. The only reason I can see counselors using machetes or axes indoors is to perform a surprise attack from a corner, you want nerf counselors who actually don't follow the meta of beating up Jason? Effectively beating up Jason requires you, ironically enough, to be outside in the open where there is lots of space. 

3) A counselor will, at the moment, just be able to infinite loop by climbing through a broken window over and over. 

4) What if you are the last one alive and everyone escaped by boat or car already and you have to tank the trap by the phone to call the cops...

Apparently this is the hardest game in history to balance accordingly to satisfy both ends, thank god I'm not a part of the dev team.

@AldermachXI You must have me confused with another Mr. Blonde. I don't recall being in that game. And I never played with @NScarlato

27 minutes ago, Kalist said:

1) If you learn to quick scope with the knives, counselors won't have time to block.

2) Counselors are already at a major disadvantage indoors in terms of combat. Jason controls the pace of combat indoors, because he controls when to engange when the counselor is cornered or within confined space. The only reason I can see counselors using machetes or axes indoors is to perform a surprise attack from a corner, you want nerf counselors who actually don't follow the meta of beating up Jason? Effectively beating up Jason requires you, ironically enough, to be outside in the open where there is lots of space. 

3) A counselor will, at the moment, just be able to infinite loop by climbing through a broken window over and over. 

4) What if you are the last one alive and everyone escaped by boat or car already and you have to tank the trap by the phone to call the cops...

Apparently this is the hardest game in history to balance accordingly to satisfy both ends, thank god I'm not a part of the dev team.

1.) If by quick scope you mean just tapping the mouse key to instantly throw your knife which every Jason already does do, it is quite known and common knowledge. The issues in the grand scheme of things are a counselor could be behind a window just blocking, in which they would be susceptible to being hit by a knife for being in a terrible position, but instead are completely invincible from any attacks in these situations. A team can also guard in front of another counselor performing a repair to make your throwing knives useless. I can go on and on about how combat guarding makes throwing knives tremendously weaker than they should be in many circumstances.

2.) Jason can barely hit anything in doors because his weapon can slightly graze a piece of furniture or a wall which will negate his weapon hitbox for the remainder of it's swing, or cause him to get his weapon stuck for 10 seconds. How about instead of nerfing your counselor's sharp weapons from having a similar effect, we can get rid of Jason's weapon randomly getting stuck in doors and everything constantly.

3.) No they won't because they are limping. Eventually Jason will catch them, and if he doesn't feel like chasing them, he could just use a throwing knife for the kill. (as long as the counselor isn't combat stance guarding)

4.) Then that means your team failed at helping you earlier to untrap the Phone house. You dying because six other players managed to escape is highly unreasonable and absurd.

To me it's funny how i keep hearing the game is more balanced than ever after a jason buff/councelor nerf. And yet here we are with post still hungry for more jason buffs lol. I mean I find it hard to believe that you/others are that bad at being jason smh. 80% of qp games end in 8/8 kills with 6-8 minutes left on the clock right? Are you wanting it quicker? Quicker games? The only thing i could agree with is the suicide deal, that has to go or just give jason credit for the kill. People have to keep in mind its a game (for fun) and not a movie.

• Like 1

80% of qp games end in 8/8

3 minutes ago, Randel said:

. 80% of qp games end in 8/8 kills with 6-8 minutes left on the clock right?

I really wish we had stats from developers. This sort of shoot by the hype math doesn't help anyone.

And another thing, I swear if i hear that councelos have to work together blah blah blah shit. In qp it will NEVER FUCKING HAPPEN so stop using it as a crutch in an arguement its getting old.

I play alot, i might be a little off by my numbers but not by much in my playing time. Its way to easy to be jason now and requires no skill.

4 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Use this thread to discuss all things counselors are able to do but shouldn't be able to.

I'll start:

1.) Blocking throwing knives. Counselors shouldn't be able to block throwing knives. It makes no sense, looks comical, and defeats the whole purpose of successfully aiming at a counselor and using up a resource. Throwing knives should be unblockable. They removed Jason being able to block Flare Guns, so why should counselors be able to block throwing knives?

2.) Swing their Machetes and Axes freely indoors. Counselors shouldn't be able to swing their Machetes and Axes freely in doors without a risk of getting their weapon stuck for a couple seconds against a wall or wooden furniture. Aside from Jason's atrocious melee hit detection, he also has the risk of getting his weapon stuck when he is aimlessly swinging. I don't see why this shouldn't apply to counselors as well. It's a fair trade off for sharp weapons that do a lot of damage.

3.) Commit suicide. This is probably the silliest thing in the entire game. Suicide is literally just there to give trolls a way to get back at Jason. Suicide doesn't provide any meaningful tactic or help towards the team. An easy way to fix suicide is to just give Jason the kill when a counselor does it, or to make it so counselors cannot die from broken window looping, second story jumping, or walking into their bear traps. Just leave them with 1hp left instead so Jason can kill them.

4.) Tank traps and instantly heal like nothing happened. This has been a major issue since Jason's traps got heavily nerfed a good while ago. A counselor can immediately step in a trap and then instantly heal and be at perfect health before Jason has the chance to morph back. A suggestion for this would be to make it so either a fellow counselor has to pry you out of Jason's trap OR make it so a fellow counselor has to heal you after you step in Jason's trap. This would promote team work instead of those singular counselors just running around the map and tanking all traps on sight because they can.

Isn’t this your 3rd or 4th thread about counselors being OP? This game is meant to be fair, waiting 5 seconds to heal up? Yeah no. 

1 minute ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Isn’t this your 3rd or 4th thread about counselors being OP? This game is meant to be fair, waiting 5 seconds to heal up? Yeah no. 

His proposal is 5 seconds for solo heal faster if teamember heals you it promotes teamwork

58 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

How about instead of nerfing your counselor's sharp weapons from having a similar effect, we can get rid of Jason's weapon randomly getting stuck in doors and everything constantly.

Yes, if it really bothers you that much I wouldn't mind having Jason's weapon getting stuck in structures removed. It's no big deal. 

59 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Then that means your team failed at helping you earlier to untrap the Phone house. You dying because six other players managed to escape is highly unreasonable and absurd.

I never said anything about dying. You do realize that would just encourage me to bully Jason instead of going for the objective, right? 

Just now, pioneer67fkd said:

His proposal is 5 seconds for solo heal faster if teamember heals you it promotes teamwork

I think the only thing that needs to be done is hit detection and windows.

Other than that everything else is fine.

The balance will be great.

• Like 1

Everything gummybish said i can get behind anything else is not worth the time and money.

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

I think the only thing that needs to be done is hit detection and windows.

Other than that everything else is fine.

The balance will be great.

I was just clearing up his proposal that person made sound like it was 5 seconds period 

9 minutes ago, Randel said:

And another thing, I swear if i hear that councelos have to work together blah blah blah shit. In qp it will NEVER FUCKING HAPPEN so stop using it as a crutch in an arguement its getting old.

Well you can start by being different in QP and being a team player and helping the team instead of going off and doing your own thing and then complaining when your selfish and poorly executed play is met with a death. 

8 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Then have a team mate heal you if you don't want to wait a couple extra seconds to fully heal yourself.

yeah sure... lets nerf more the counselors... lol wtf is wrong with the people in this forum? they want jason to fly, why dont remove the ability to run of the counselors? you are ridiculous.

BTW there are thousand of things jason shoudnt able to do in this game but can...

Ok mr blonde lol i do objectives at the best of my abilities but seeing as teaming is at an all time high its kind of hard to trust anybody. Please dont assume how i play it makes you look dumb.

3 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

yeah sure... lets nerf more the counselors... lol wtf is wrong with the people in this forum? they want jason to fly, why dont remove the ability to run of the counselors? you are ridiculous.

A lot of players just want playing as counselors to be more fun and thrilling. Currently playing as counselors is highly repetitive and one dimensional for the most part. There's not much depth and strategy in the form of constant decision making and high emphasis of wanting to utilize team work.

1 minute ago, UlfKarl said:

BTW there are thousand of things jason shoudnt able to do in this game but can...

Name them.

1 minute ago, Randel said:

Ok mr blonde lol i do objectives at the best of my abilities but seeing as teaming is at an all time high its kind of hard to trust anybody.

I'm pretty sure if they got rid of throwing knife blocking, suicide, and made traps take a tiny bit more strategy than mindlessly tanking and then healing, you would be just fine as counselor.

1 minute ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Name them.

how about stoping the car with his hands, TP, sense and shift, the only Jason who used traps was Jason part 2, not the others, and the only jason who had throwing knives was part 6 not the others, and in this game all jasons can do the same

6 minutes ago, Randel said:

Its fine now thx

It's not, and could always use more improvements. And this game will continue to get updates and support for a long time to come as long as the developers still care. Just like all other popular multiplayer games that have continued support.

5 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

how about stoping the car with his hands, TP, sense and shift, the only Jason who used traps was Jason part 2, not the others, and the only jason who had throwing knives was part 6 not the others, and in this game all jasons can do the same

You should feel lucky Jason can't permanently damage and break the car after stopping it a couple times. Jason has teleports and such abilities in many other games he's featured in, and it's assumed he could teleport in Part 8. I'm pretty sure all versions of Jason know how to throw knives. And again, you should feel fortunate he doesn't have his harpoon gun, can throw his machete or axe for one hit kills, or use various other instruments from the films.

5 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Use this thread to discuss all things counselors are able to do but shouldn't be able to.

I'll start:

1.) Blocking throwing knives. Counselors shouldn't be able to block throwing knives. It makes no sense, looks comical, and defeats the whole purpose of successfully aiming at a counselor and using up a resource. Throwing knives should be unblockable. They removed Jason being able to block Flare Guns, so why should counselors be able to block throwing knives?

2.) Swing their Machetes and Axes freely indoors. Counselors shouldn't be able to swing their Machetes and Axes freely in doors without a risk of getting their weapon stuck for a couple seconds against a wall or wooden furniture. Aside from Jason's atrocious melee hit detection, he also has the risk of getting his weapon stuck when he is aimlessly swinging. I don't see why this shouldn't apply to counselors as well. It's a fair trade off for sharp weapons that do a lot of damage.

3.) Commit suicide. This is probably the silliest thing in the entire game. Suicide is literally just there to give trolls a way to get back at Jason. Suicide doesn't provide any meaningful tactic or help towards the team. An easy way to fix suicide is to just give Jason the kill when a counselor does it, or to make it so counselors cannot die from broken window looping, second story jumping, or walking into their bear traps. Just leave them with 1hp left instead so Jason can kill them.

4.) Tank traps and instantly heal like nothing happened. This has been a major issue since Jason's traps got heavily nerfed a good while ago. A counselor can immediately step in a trap and then instantly heal and be at perfect health before Jason has the chance to morph back. A suggestion for this would be to make it so either a fellow counselor has to pry you out of Jason's trap OR make it so a fellow counselor has to heal you after you step in Jason's trap. This would promote team work instead of those singular counselors just running around the map and tanking all traps on sight because they can.

Suicide to spite Jason is annoying, but it’s hysterical when they do it wrong by choosing Jason’s own traps to do it in. That actually does count as a kill for Jason. 

Using other games to compare to this one is...IDK man. im done with tis conversation. Good day.

3 minutes ago, Randel said:

Using other games to compare to this one is...IDK man. im done with tis conversation. Good day.

You never had an argument to begin with. But sure.

• Like 1

An argument? lol  i was agreeing on one of your proposals but if its your thing to make yourself look cool, do it cool guy. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Randel said:

An argument? lol  i was agreeing on one of your proposals but if its your thing to make yourself look cool, do it cool guy. 

No one is trying to look cool. Apparently too many folks get up in arms when you suggest any little thing for their precious counselor in a F13 survival horror game.

53 minutes ago, Randel said:

Its way to easy to be jason now and requires no skill.

When you come in the thread saying things like the above, it is very clear and obvious you have never played against a team of good counselors as Jason, or you got your butt handed to you in QP by a Jason right before barging into the thread.