Sign in to follow this  
lHeartBreakerl

What's the point of levels 45-102?

While I'm enjoying the new content from the most recent (and last) patch, I know I'm only in the minority. When first starting the game progression seems fine until you reach level 44 and realize you have 50+ levels of recolors to sort through. 

This isn't fun progression and it doesn't keep people playing except for die hard fans. Next time there's a new Jason, make him have a higher level requirement. Same for counselors. When there's new kills make them level 50-90 unlocks and not 100+.This will also flesh out the game more.

Either way it's my two cents, hopefully others feel the same way.

• Like 4

It is odd that so many rewards are lvl 100+. I get that some people can easily play a game 400+ hours, but that is a bit over the top for many. Keeping those rewards out of hands out of people on the sole reason they want rewards to go to people that will play a game more then 300 hours seems a bit much.

(I'm over 300 hours myself because i'm crazy, but many people can't play that much) and any reward/limitation with that much of a restraint seems like to much.   

• Like 4

Games should have rewards for the most active players.  Active players keep a game going.  

It’s not hard to get to 150 - you don’t need skill as you get participation points.  The rewards are largely minor.  

The game isn’t that deep and if people aren’t planing for try gameplay itself and don’t find the game fun enough to put much time into - why do they need all the rewards?

• Like 1

While I don't disagree some rewards should exist after lvl 100,  there is something to be said about locking so many things like bloody skins to people that will put in the 350+ hours to reach that.

I know people discouraged they can never get 100% completion  in this game because getting the # of games to play as Jason will take well over 700 hours. Expecting someone to play a game 700 hours is insane. Some of the games I've loved more then others I've barely crossed 400 or so hours.   Which is an insane amount of time for a single video game when so many great games exist.

It is not a big deal in the scope of things, but the OP brings up a valid point.

• Like 3

When the game was out only for like a month or so, I was actually looking forward to what recolor/retexture the counselors were getting. Yes I like and actually prefer recolors than other clothing.

• Like 1

I think the new kills should be unlocked at levels 50-99 together with counselor clothes instead of levels 100-150.

I'm barely into those "no reward" levels on Xbox. Level 53 I think...That might be why I can't really bring myself to play it on there.

I'm no completionist by any means. But I also know that I'm getting nothing for playing on Xbox. The fact that finishing a match on there requires a decent amount of luck is also a contributing factor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NScarlato said:

Games should have rewards for the most active players.  Active players keep a game going.  

It’s not hard to get to 150 - you don’t need skill as you get participation points.  The rewards are largely minor.  

The game isn’t that deep and if people aren’t planing for try gameplay itself and don’t find the game fun enough to put much time into - why do they need all the rewards?

Right, but you do need a hell of a lot of time, and that's something most grown adults don't have. I love this game and am still only level 27 cause I just don't have the time to invest in more than one or two nights of gameplay. At an average of 10 minutes per match, that's not a lot of rounds per week to get my level increased. It's just way to much of a slog to get through. Yeah, there should be rewards for the most dedicated, but the meat of the game, like new kills and Jason models should be reasonably obtainable by everyone. Give the 100+ guys something special like a different Jason skin or a special counselor perk or something, but making real gameplay unlocks so unobtainable is just cruel to those that love the game but have more going on than just playing games every day. 

• Like 2

I just like having a next goal, right now my goal is a kill 50+ levels away. While I will get there in time, there is no immediate next goal to keep me playing just one more match. That my friends is what not having anything in that space means, it doesn't matter what your next unlock is, only that it's so temptingly closer so far as to not matter. So let's put something there. Oh, and if your past that point, this topic isn't really for you, unless your contributing. If you bash people for talking about it when it is irrelevant to you, well that just shows how petty you are. 

4 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Right, but you do need a hell of a lot of time, and that's something most grown adults don't have. I love this game and am still only level 27 cause I just don't have the time to invest in more than one or two nights of gameplay. At an average of 10 minutes per match, that's not a lot of rounds per week to get my level increased. It's just way to much of a slog to get through. Yeah, there should be rewards for the most dedicated, but the meat of the game, like new kills and Jason models should be reasonably obtainable by everyone. Give the 100+ guys something special like a different Jason skin or a special counselor perk or something, but making real gameplay unlocks so unobtainable is just cruel to those that love the game but have more going on than just playing games every day. 

If you don't have much time to play, then you aren't spending much time caring you don't have stupid shit like bloody Jason skins or counselor clothes.  There are tons of counselors/Jasons/Jason Kills/outfits to wear at low levels, and if you don't have time because you have job, you can spend $2 on DLC to add more variety.

That said, I completely agree that OP is correct in that that level range is a true slog, with nothing to look forward to.  They should add more interesting rewards or spread them out better.

2 hours ago, carnage4u said:

It is odd that so many rewards are lvl 100+. I get that some people can easily play a game 400+ hours, but that is a bit over the top for many. Keeping those rewards out of hands out of people on the sole reason they want rewards to go to people that will play a game more then 300 hours seems a bit much.

(I'm over 300 hours myself because i'm crazy, but many people can't play that much) and any reward/limitation with that much of a restraint seems like to much.   

This. It's just annoying that your level is not 100 or higher, and therefore can't get those cool new kills, just for that reason. I completely agree that there should be some incentive to rank up, and lower levels do have plenty of good content, but I feel like they should give lower level players something they can rank up to get as well, I feel that would be the most fair option.

51 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Silly cosmetics that mean nothing. Lol. 

They may mean nothing to you, and that is fine, but many people find it nice to have options. That is ok as well.

Agreed 100%.  I’m in that range now.  Level 66 on xbox.  It’s tedious.  I get about 5 hours of game time each week if I’m lucky.  If I devote ALL of that to this game, I’d gain 1-2 levels each week.  Which means I won’t hit level 102 until Octoberish.  THEN I can start getting the non-reskin unlocks.  That’s a broken level up system.  Either reduce the amount of XP needed to level up or move around the unlocks so that it’s not 60 levels of just reskinned clothes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

If you don't have much time to play, then you aren't spending much time caring you don't have stupid shit like bloody Jason skins or counselor clothes.  There are tons of counselors/Jasons/Jason Kills/outfits to wear at low levels, and if you don't have time because you have job, you can spend $2 on DLC to add more variety.

That said, I completely agree that OP is correct in that that level range is a true slog, with nothing to look forward to.  They should add more interesting rewards or spread them out better.

You completely missed what I said. A $2 DLC costume pack doesn't add variety to the gameplay. Kills and Jason characters do. Those that aren't able to play every day shouldn't be locked out of those sorts of things forever just because they have other things going on. A reasonable and achievable reward system should be expected, especially considering how many times I've missed out on 500 xp from host quits and other issues.

I, like many others, have been on board since the Kickstarter days, and it sucks that there's a reasonable chance we'll never get access to some actual gameplay items just because I have a job, house, and/or interests beyond gaming. I've put easily twice as many hours into this game than it ever took to prestige in a CoD. That's a pretty wonky imbalance of time requirement for the average game user. Like I said, I'm all for rewarding the most hardcore dedicated players with some stuff, just don't make it gameplay items that no one else will ever get to experience unless it's getting used against them... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

just don't make it gameplay items that no one else will ever get to experience unless it's getting used against them... 

I feel obligated to do the free kick kill on the last survivor. Unless they look the kill up or come across another level 125+ how else will they see it? Kills pretty cool on SJ too.

Plus, I save the host for last. I've been kicked so many times I've decided to kick them back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

They may mean nothing to you, and that is fine, but many people find it nice to have options. That is ok as well.

I never said that it wasn't nice to have options. Hell, I've been one to say there should be more cosmetics. I just said they mean nothing overall in leveling beyond 44.

Does it really matter that Vanessa gets 10 shades of colors on the same track suit? No. 

8 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Does it really matter that Vanessa gets 10 shades of colors on the same track suit? No. 

That's what this thread is about. No one is excited about finally unlocking gray shoes for tiffany. It makes the mid tier levels an excruciating and boring grind.

Now unlockables kills and skins? That's something to look forward to. Just not when it's 50 levels away and your only reward for a while is different colors of the same outfit.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I never said that it wasn't nice to have options. Hell, I've been one to say there should be more cosmetics. I just said they mean nothing overall in leveling beyond 44.

It means nothing to You.  Again, your opinion doesn't stand for all people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

You completely missed what I said. A $2 DLC costume pack doesn't add variety to the gameplay. Kills and Jason characters do. Those that aren't able to play every day shouldn't be locked out of those sorts of things forever just because they have other things going on. A reasonable and achievable reward system should be expected, especially considering how many times I've missed out on 500 xp from host quits and other issues.

I, like many others, have been on board since the Kickstarter days, and it sucks that there's a reasonable chance we'll never get access to some actual gameplay items just because I have a job, house, and/or interests beyond gaming. I've put easily twice as many hours into this game than it ever took to prestige in a CoD. That's a pretty wonky imbalance of time requirement for the average game user. Like I said, I'm all for rewarding the most hardcore dedicated players with some stuff, just don't make it gameplay items that no one else will ever get to experience unless it's getting used against them... 

You can pay for new Jason Kills via DLC if you need more variety and what you get at low levels isn't enough.  There are only 3 kills locked behind high-levels to distinguish high-level Jason players and 2 DLC packs locked behind $, which you should have if you are working so much you can't play the game.

I know the "give me everything for free and without effort" crowd is popular these days, but if you spend very limited amount of time on the game why do you even care?  You are locked out of very little, and again, don't spend much time playing anyway. 

I bought the DLC clothes and emotes and not the Jason Kills because I don't want to spend $8 on them.  I could complain they aren't free or unlockable before level 10, or I can decide what is worth my time or money to get and not care.

31 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

No one is excited about finally unlocking gray shoes for tiffany

Exactly, I just recently passed the 100 mark on my way to trying for the new kills. And honestly I haven't even checked what new colors there are. I think this is hitting the nail on the head. If you gain a level, you don't even check what clothes are unlocked, because you know that kill you want is still a mile away. So you just keep trying to plug away.

2 hours ago, carnage4u said:

It means nothing to You.  Again, your opinion doesn't stand for all people.

Don't know why you're getting all bent out of shape for me expressing my opinion that other people in this thread clearly agree with. <_<

It's like people can't have an opposing opinion or something. 

3 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I feel obligated to do the free kick kill on the last survivor. Unless they look the kill up or come across another level 125+ how else will they see it? Kills pretty cool on SJ too.

Plus, I save the host for last. I've been kicked so many times I've decided to kick them back.

How do you determine who the host is?! I would already be doing that if I had known a way to differentiate them from the pack. 

Just now, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

How do you determine who the host is?! I would already be doing that if I had known a way to differentiate them from the pack. 

The little red arrow on the status screen.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Don't know why you're getting all bent out of shape for me expressing my opinion that other people in this thread clearly agree with. <_<

It's like people can't have an opposing opinion or something. 

Have all the opinions you want. You were stating it as fact.