Sign in to follow this  
lHeartBreakerl

What's the point of levels 45-102?

8 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

How do you determine who the host is?! I would already be doing that if I had known a way to differentiate them from the pack. 

If you're on console, the host is the one with no ping.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NScarlato said:

You can pay for new Jason Kills via DLC if you need more variety and what you get at low levels isn't enough.  There are only 3 kills locked behind high-levels to distinguish high-level Jason players and 2 DLC packs locked behind $, which you should have if you are working so much you can't play the game.

I know the "give me everything for free and without effort" crowd is popular these days, but if you spend very limited amount of time on the game why do you even care?  You are locked out of very little, and again, don't spend much time playing anyway. 

I bought the DLC clothes and emotes and not the Jason Kills because I don't want to spend $8 on them.  I could complain they aren't free or unlockable before level 10, or I can decide what is worth my time or money to get and not care.

First off, don't throw that weak argument that since I don't play as much as others, I shouldn't care. My interest in the product isn't exclusively dictated by the amount of time I spend with it. I love playing guitar, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad guitar player because I don't spend an hour every single day playing it. If I didn't care, I wouldn't have bought in on the Kickstarter, I wouldn't mod the boards, and I wouldn't spend my free nights logging in every week.  

Secondly, It's 2 or 3 kills as of now, but that's why I'm saying something now rather than waiting until there's even more stuff I'm never going to access. If I wait till there's even more exclusive items for 100+ lvl players, then people like you will just turn that around on guys like me and say "why didn't you speak up when the first items for 100+ players launched?"  Not everyone has the time to invest an hour or more to play a few rounds of a video game every day. I've put more time into this game than any other game in the last seven months, outside of maybe Rocket League, and I'm still not even into the 40's. The fact that time has equated to only 28 levels says a lot about how imbalanced the leveling system is, especially for a game that goes to 100 level up. I've hit level 100 in most Japanese RPG's faster than I ever will in this game....

The point I'm making isn't that things should be given away for free, or not unlocked. It's that the leveling system is spread insanely thin and goes on for way too long, especially for those that actually do other things besides gaming. They could just as easily cut the levels in half and have everything unlock by level 75. It's arbitrary overkill, and also originally just a Band-Aid fix for the problem that showed up where people couldn't launch the game after earning every achievement. I was fine with them adding levels 101-150 as a temp fix to a legit bug in the game, but I'm definitely not fine with them then putting unlocks into those levels that almost no one is ever going to earn. 

• Like 1

I just want more unlocks, the high ones are too high agree there, but if I get more in between it doesn't matter as much. It does suck to not have the time, I can relate.

40 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

Have all the opinions you want. You were stating it as fact.

You're joking, right? Lmfao. Go somewhere, kid. 

7 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

While I'm enjoying the new content from the most recent (and last) patch, I know I'm only in the minority. When first starting the game progression seems fine until you reach level 44 and realize you have 50+ levels of recolors to sort through. 

This isn't fun progression and it doesn't keep people playing except for die hard fans. Next time there's a new Jason, make him have a higher level requirement. Same for counselors. When there's new kills make them level 50-90 unlocks and not 100+.This will also flesh out the game more.

Either way it's my two cents, hopefully others feel the same way.

Jasons

Jason X - Unlocked at level 100

Counselors

Melissa/Mean Girl Trope - Level 65

Reggie "The Reckless" - Level 75

Mark(if he makes it in) - Level 110

Heroes

Tina - Level 85

Kay Em - Level 100

Special Kills

Liquid Nitrogen Kill - Level 60

How about this something like this?

@ShiftySamurai @GunMedia_Ben @Gertz  @[IllFonic]Courier

jason-x-liquid-nitrogen-kill.gif

• Like 1

Just going to repost this from a topic I responded to last night:

"Something has to go between 50 and 100 definitely. 

I've played this game since launch and have only managed Level 66 so far (and for someone in full time work, with other media on the go I've played this game almost exclusively and consistently)

The idea of basically having to repeat that same gaming time frame with ZERO rewards (probably longer infact as levelling up takes longer the higher you get) is demoralising."

• Like 1

There is a bit of a gap in there.

I definitely agree with that.

@Armani👑

Has a good writeup of what could be unlocked in the mid levels.

Though I suspect people will lose their shit if any of the hero characters are level unlocks. Though it would fit if the devs decided that you could pick which hero character you wanted to play as.

Tommy would be the most overall balanced but with limited items. Tina wouldn't have a pocket knife or med spray, but she would have a reusable telekinetic attack with Kenny's 5/10 stat line. Kay Em wouldn't be able to heal whatsoever, but could survive about 10 direct melee strikes from Jason and should wouldn't need a pocket knife to escape his grab kills. Instead she would be able to instantly shove him off provided you tap E, but the more times she gets grabbed, the harder it is for her to escape.

So it would be like this...

1. Tommy - Balanced, limited items

2. Tina - Weaker, but reusable powers

3. Kay Em - Very strong, has a limited automatic weapon that can't be replenished once the ammo is gone, but she can't heal and while she's fast, her stamina would be lower

I've been playing since launch and just reached level 78 last night. I want the bloody skins, but the kills are definitely what I would like the most. I'll get them some day, but like many others, I just don't have the time to grind to levels 100+. I agree there is a huge gap in levels with really no incentive to unlock anything. I've probably unlocked a bunch of clothing variations, but I'm not even checking because I don't care about that. Not that others shouldn't, but I won't be unlocking anything of interest to me for quite some time.

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

First off, don't throw that weak argument that since I don't play as much as others, I shouldn't care. My interest in the product isn't exclusively dictated by the amount of time I spend with it. I love playing guitar, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad guitar player because I don't spend an hour every single day playing it. If I didn't care, I wouldn't have bought in on the Kickstarter, I wouldn't mod the boards, and I wouldn't spend my free nights logging in every week.  

Secondly, It's 2 or 3 kills as of now, but that's why I'm saying something now rather than waiting until there's even more stuff I'm never going to access. If I wait till there's even more exclusive items for 100+ lvl players, then people like you will just turn that around on guys like me and say "why didn't you speak up when the first items for 100+ players launched?"  Not everyone has the time to invest an hour or more to play a few rounds of a video game every day. I've put more time into this game than any other game in the last seven months, outside of maybe Rocket League, and I'm still not even into the 40's. The fact that time has equated to only 28 levels says a lot about how imbalanced the leveling system is, especially for a game that goes to 100 level up. I've hit level 100 in most Japanese RPG's faster than I ever will in this game....

The point I'm making isn't that things should be given away for free, or not unlocked. It's that the leveling system is spread insanely thin and goes on for way too long, especially for those that actually do other things besides gaming. They could just as easily cut the levels in half and have everything unlock by level 75. It's arbitrary overkill, and also originally just a Band-Aid fix for the problem that showed up where people couldn't launch the game after earning every achievement. I was fine with them adding levels 101-150 as a temp fix to a legit bug in the game, but I'm definitely not fine with them then putting unlocks into those levels that almost no one is ever going to earn. 

*shrug*  We are free to disagree.  I don't really care if Gun Media hands out all the rewards and discourages extra play time - it's their call.  I don't have much interest in spending more time arguing over something so unimportant.

Pshhh forget this shit. I'm still struggling to unlock Part 4, 8 & 9 Jason as I am only level 14 and don't have much extra time to unlock shit, as it is I'm already worried the servers will get shut down before I unlock all the content and I'll be stuck with what I have now. Everything really should be unlocked for the offline bots portion of the game. Sucks you have to level up to unlock stuff for offline bots. 

3 hours ago, Armani👑 said:

Heroes

Tina - Level 85

Creighton Duke - Level 100

Kay Em - Level 125

Fixed that for you.

6 hours ago, carnage4u said:

It means nothing to You.  Again, your opinion doesn't stand for all people.

This is a response to IHeartBreakerI, but I'm quoting carnage4u to make a point.

6 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

That's what this thread is about. No one is excited about finally unlocking gray shoes for tiffany. It makes the mid tier levels an excruciating and boring grind.

Now unlockables kills and skins? That's something to look forward to. Just not when it's 50 levels away and your only reward for a while is different colors of the same outfit.

I agree that it can be a boring grind if the only unlockables are skins but at the same time, including unlockables that require such an insane amount of playing time can also be an issue. I believe trying to find a happy medium such as cosmetics, which doesn't affect gameplay, is the best way to go about it. As carnage4u shows, there are people that like more cosmetic options but, as I've said before, a happy medium is rewarding people without making others who aren't willing or can't put in that kind of time feel like they're missing something.