3 minutes ago, Sweenmasheen said:

okay, I'll try to break it down a bit more for you, The wording  and puncuation of the poll kills it for me . Things in brackets where you judge the voter , I dont care for that kind of thing even if I agree with the brackets. I'll say it again. The first question is stupid in my opinion. Of course it is supposed to be fun for both sides, no one will vote that it shouldnt be and no one has voted that way .

If i were to vote on whether or not we can respect each other I'd have to vote no based on what Ive seen. not based on what I can do only based on the activity Ive seen the last few days.

I will vote on the 3rd question.  

also I wasnt saying that you should have asked people to comment, it was more a suggestion on how to better word your question. Keep the polls simple and just trust that they will explain in the comments I guess.

Hmm... I see. I guess I still have some work to do then. Thanks

Just now, sims2series3493 said:

That's it. I'm about have this forum LOCKED. you know what you meant. I can't anymore, I need a staff up in this forum!

what the hell i did not say anything harmful in ether post or did i mean anything harmful you need to chill dude 

The patch is fine and the game is much more balanced and definitely more intense. It actually feels like Friday the 13th unfolding before your eyes. At least more so than I've ever seen. 

They need to leave alone the changes that have now been made and focus on the effectiveness of counselor stats and perks to ensure that things like stealth and composure are as valuable as speed and stamina, depending on your role or play style. Maybe look at the match pacing as well. 

But overall this patch is amazing. 

Sidenote: Accurate, unloaded poll questions look like - Rate the patch 1-5. Nice and simple.

Not questions like: 1. Do you think the game should be great, fun, and something we never tire of playing? 2. Do you think good people should should STFU and go to Hell?

32 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

I think there's just a fundamental difference of opinion as to what is fun. Nobody here wants an instant win button just for playing Jason or the counselors. This is a Friday the 13th game in the survival horror genre. In the films only one or two people ever survived, and many times they had to work together to do it.

Teamwork still beats Jason and always will. He can't be in two places at once. If you coordinate pushing objectives like the phone and car at the same time, Jason can only stop one. If 4 counselors want to get the car going it's not an easy thing for Jason to stop. Jason still lacks the tools to effectively deal with large groups of counselors.

The reduced item counts really emphasize player choice. Do I use this med spray to tank this trap, or save it for window looping? Do I use this shotgun to buy myself some time to escape, or save it for when we start the car? Counselors that make sound choices live longer and escape more. It's a learning process and each time I die there's usually an obvious mistake that I made. It wasn't that Jason was too fast, or his grab range was too long.

The good counselors learn from their mistakes and understand the value of teamwork. The bad ones, not so much.

I get what you are saying, but all I'm asking in this forum is that: Can we all respect each other and opinions and can we all enjoy the game by playing as both Jason and Counselors? (No it's not a trick question it's just a sample question yes or no)

27 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

The patch is fine and the game is much more balanced and definitely more intense. It actually feels like Friday the 13th unfolding before your eyes. At least more so than I've ever seen. 

They need to leave alone the changes that have now been made and focus on the effectiveness of counselor stats and perks to ensure that things like stealth and composure are as valuable as speed and stamina, depending on your role or play style. Maybe look at the match pacing as well. 

But overall this patch is amazing. 

Sidenote: Accurate, unloaded poll questions look like - Rate the patch 1-5. Nice and simple.

Not questions like: 1. Do you think the game should be great, fun, and something we never tire of playing? 2. Do you think good people should should STFU and go to Hell?

I just read your comment and... The question part I gotten confused with, but everything else, Thank you for your opinion! That was something that I also ask for. I want to know how you guys feel and what you think about the patch. No trick questions or any fake bullshiz.

13 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

Teamwork still beats Jason and always will. He can't be in two places at once. If you coordinate pushing objectives like the phone and car at the same time, Jason can only stop one. If 4 counselors want to get the car going it's not an easy thing for Jason to stop. Jason still lacks the tools to effectively deal with large groups of counselors.

The reduced item counts really emphasize player choice. Do I use this med spray to tank this trap, or save it for window looping? Do I use this shotgun to buy myself some time to escape, or save it for when we start the car? Counselors that make sound choices live longer and escape more. It's a learning process and each time I die there's usually an obvious mistake that I made. It wasn't that Jason was too fast, or his grab range was too long

This pretty much says it all..  ^^^

Problem is, seems to me the people complaining don't care about playing smart and just want to lone wolf, tank Jason and survive.   What they don't get is, if they balanced the game around 1 vs 1.     The game would be impossible for Jason when counselors actually worked together do what you just posted.

22 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

...So no one was complaining about more pocket knives?  Funny...  but i remember nearly EVERYONE on this forum complaining about it.  

Besides, you do know the extra pocket knives that where added a few months ago was never meant to happen?  That being said.. i disagree about adding more pocket knives. 3-4 is just fine.   Theres no need to add more pocket knives anyways.

IMO Counselors need more NERFS.. For example.

-  Melee attacks form Jason should disarm Counselors with melee weapons. Counselors can still over power Jason in combat

-  Using med sprays should take at least 5 seconds of spray time to heal. Healing is too quick and no one should be healing in mid chase. 

Funny how I don't remember people complaining about it at all.

I LITERALLY just said BEFORE THE OCTOBER HORROR which is also BEFORE the December patch.

I swear to God people on here cannot comprehend.

The fact that you created this poll the way it is and can go back re-read it and not see fault in it is part of the problem.

You can't start a fire then claim to be a burn victim.

Also, what is the title to this thread? " Negative thing about the new update" Kind of sounds one sided ? maybe just a little ? An unbiased poll would not have negative or positive in the title. Once again, not jumping on you, just sayin, couple of issues. I realize your intent, I do . I applaud it. Your taking the wrong path to get to your destination. Thats all Im saying, and Im not saying it disrespectfully, or at least not intentionally.

Just now, stoney said:

Funny how I don't remember people complaining about it at all.

I LITERALLY just said BEFORE THE OCTOBER HORROR which is also BEFORE the December patch.

We have the same amount of Pocket Knives now as we did in October tho...

Just now, HuDawg said:

We have the same amount of Pocket Knives now as we did in October tho...

You're wrong. Everyone has been saying how the item spawn has reverted back to the way it was at launch - scarce.

I wish the the develops would comment on the items and just clear the air. Everyone has different opinions on this, and they have facts they could share.

Just now, stoney said:

You're wrong. Everyone has been saying how the item spawn has reverted back to the way it was at launch - scarce.

No im not wrong...  Theres about 3-4 pocket knives as of now... which is the same as it was all year. Except for that update that doubled the pocket knives and nerfed jason grab which was a mistake

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

No im not wrong...  Theres about 3-4 pocket knives as of now... which is the same as it was all year. Except for that update that doubled the pocket knives and nerfed jason grab which was a mistake

It's not worth arguing over memory. 

@carnage4u Hit it spot on.

16 minutes ago, Sweenmasheen said:

The fact that you created this poll the way it is and can go back re-read it and not see fault in it is part of the problem.

You can't start a fire then claim to be a burn victim.

Also, what is the title to this thread? " Negative thing about the new update" Kind of sounds one sided ? maybe just a little ? An unbiased poll would not have negative or positive in the title. Once again, not jumping on you, just sayin, couple of issues. I realize your intent, I do . I applaud it. Your taking the wrong path to get to your destination. Thats all Im saying, and Im not saying it disrespectfully, or at least not intentionally.

Man, tell me something.... Are you losing friends right now because of a stupid update? This forum isn't one sided. I stated that I tried to get use to this update. It's just me and a bit of friends I have left on Friday. I'm actually still am trying. I stated the Negative things about the update because it's actually happening before my very eye's. I made to many friends on one game and now they are all splitting because of the changes... Please put yourself in my shoes and try to understand what I'm getting at. 

In the last forum I did thought and wanted more pocket knifes, But I decided to suck it up and just try to get use to it. But things went south the second my friends stopped playing and telling me I'm be the only one playing... I don't want to play alone which is the reason why I made a lot of friends. I don't care for the pocket knifes at this point. I'm losing friends over because of a update which it crazy to me right now! I swear to everything I love I'm trying my best to not curse up a storm on this forum. I want understanding and want to listen to ideas and opinions, not argue and go to war. :(

1 minute ago, carnage4u said:

I wish the the develops would comment on the items and just clear the air. Everyone has different opinions on this, and they have facts they could share.

The people complaining are greasing their complaints up with lies tho

Im finding it pretty funny to be honest.

Just now, stoney said:

It's not worth arguing over memory. 

Im not arguing.. Im telling you how it is and was.

1 hour ago, lasse_hei said:

Oh come on people. This was a good patch. If you were being honest, the biggest difference is that pocketknives got reduced. That is the main thing that is pissing these counselor mains off. - The grab range is not too big (no vadergrab, still misses). - The speedbuff is minimal to say the least. Sure it helps a little against jog-sprint combos and ring-around-the-rosie types. Thats it. I still survive quite frequently and clear the lobby almost everytime.

My gameplay has also changed a little:  I tend to be abit more careful as a counselor. As Jason, now I can take more risks. Adds variety. Before patch, if Jason wanted to kill everyone, there realy was only one way to play it. Now, variety! Therefore good patch!

I don't know who many of you whiners are playing with, but I cant rememeber a single time that a newbie (or below avarage) Jason has killed the whole lobby (ok, around launch perhaps when we alla sucked). Atleast where I've been in.

Skilled counselors are still skilled counselors, and skilled Jasons will kill alot of counselors. Before this patch escaping or surviving was too damn easy. Atleast now it brings a little challenge. For me, only because there arent so many pocketknives (crutch, get out of jail-card). And I am not complaining. This is a welcome change! You just have play a little smarter. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes you get killed.

I really don't see the problem here so quit your whining. Peace.

Ps. Your poll sucks donkeyballs.

Read the forum rules properly about double posting please; I've merged your posts into one. In-case you're unsure, double or multi-posting is where you post several replies in a row without letting someone else post something in-between. We allow users to edit their posts to add content in, so use that to edit something before someone else makes a post. After that, you can post again. 

Secondly, don't be so rude to other players. 'Quit your whining. Peace. PS, your poll sucks donkeyballs'; these are the kind of comments we don't want to see here. Be nice to other people or at least civilized.

Some of you others are being less than civilized in some of your responses as well, don't think we don't see it. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

The people complaining are greasing their complaints up with lies tho

Im finding it pretty funny to be honest.

Im not arguing.. Im telling you how it is and was.

And this is unfortunately when I add you to my ignore list.

You're completely adamant about being correct.

Ciao. 

Just now, sims2series3493 said:

I don't care for the pocket knifes at this point. I'm losing friends over because of a update which it crazy to me right now! 

Why are your friends quitting... Also how old are they?

Not for nothing but.. If people don't want to play you cant force them.  But if they are qutting because they can't handle it maybe need you need better friends.,

• Like 1

I find that Jason gameplay is very boring now because it's almost too easy. Out of all the games I've played in the new patch, I've only had problems in one match because there were 3 Adam counselors queued up together. 

33 minutes ago, stoney said:

Ciao. 

OooooH!   I JUST MADE THE LIST!!!

32 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I find that Jason gameplay is very boring now because it's almost too easy. Out of all the games I've played in the new patch, I've only had problems in one match because there were 3 Adam counselors queued up together. 

^Jason game play is depended on how counselors work together and how many objectives get tackled at once.,

By the time you killed one or two players thats enough time for at least one or two objective to be done.   If no objectives where done then you're playing with people who are all going to DIE!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Why are your friends quitting... Also how old are they?

Not for nothing but.. If people don't want to play you cant force them.  But if they are qutting because they can't handle it maybe need you need better friends.,

Some younger, some the same age and some older which shocks me sometimes... I'm 21

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stoney said:

Ciao. 

Compare your post count with his and mine in terms of quantity versus join date.

The issue is that you simply browbeat people with and saturate discussions with your input.

Almost all of which is you telling others they don't understand you, the game or an issue.

Frankly, you may as well start ignoring everyone because you are going to be in discord with most of the forum.

You certainly do have the right to express your opinion on things but you will not be the reason a change is made.

That takes a consensus.

Of which you do not have and with your approach, you will never achieve.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sims2series3493 said:

I get what you are saying, but all I'm asking in this forum is that: Can we all respect each other and opinions and can we all enjoy the game by playing as both Jason and Counselors? (No it's not a trick question it's just a sample question yes or no)

I'll try to more directly answer the question then. I think this patch is a large step in the right direction toward making this game what it should be. Teamwork is Jason's greatest weakness, and the counselors greatest strength. The counselors are forced to make difficult decisions with life or death implications. You have to think on your feet and fight your ass off to survive. It's a thrilling and rewarding experience.

Your friends are missing out on an experience that is far superior to the one they had previously. Perhaps they enjoyed dancing at the exit and tea-bagging Jason. I don't know. Pocket knives are like training wheels, time to take them off and ride the bike.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

^

This is what happens when Jason gets overbuffed. It becomes faceroll. I get that Jason is supposed to be "strong". But this latest patch just tipped the scales completely to the other side.

Buffing Jason, OR nerfing Counselors would have been the smarter thing to do. Not both at the same time.

9 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

^

This is what happens when Jason gets overbuffed. It becomes faceroll. I get that Jason is supposed to be "strong". But this latest patch just tipped the scales completely to the other side.

Ya but thats not happening unless counselors are not doing objectives.

I mean.. Last game i played i got killed after being chased for 3.5 minutes..  After i died NO OBJECTIVES where done.   People where hiding under the bed...and running around dancing.  They ALL DIED.    

If they would have spent those 3.5 minutes getting shit done.. A few of them would have survived.  <--- This is how the game is meant to be played.

• Like 1

I just really miss my wrenches..... Although deffo seeing a giant amount of people just leaving the game if not Jason, TWICE as much as before due to the new patch, most games seem to be 4 councillors vs Jason for me (Ps4). I can fully understand the lessening of pocket knives and healing sprays for the people less versed in the art of Jason (even pros), I hated escaping and then having to wait 7 minutes as some nasty people just teabag and beat on a newer Jason, making some quit the game entirely because of the foulness. Still sitting on the fence about the extra knives, the run speed bonus I personally think should of been given to just power walking jasons but eh not a giant game changer.

Edit: Extra throwing knives for Jason.

Edited by piercedscreamer
Incorrect info