49 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

If you want a discussion, maybe try and start out by not posting obviously biased polls.

Secondly, this is not a game that is meant to be tailored and catered to your 1 v 1 survival odds or what you call "balance". It is 7 v 1, the SEVEN being your strength. Utilize that by way of TEAMWORK. If you can't do that or won't do that, there is nothing left to be said to you. 

This poll isn't biased, it's about respect and us getting together and discussing the issue, which clearly you obviously don't have respect for others opinions or mine own. So please, don't come here with your bull. You like the way how the game is fine, that's your opinion. But don't go upsetting and angering other people because you don't like their thoughts and opinions.  

1 hour ago, stoney said:

I can thank this update for causing me to change to Vanessa. I wail on Jason now with my epic perks I never used - Medic, Thick Skinned, and Swift Attacker.

If you don't, you will just get the same responses, "TEAM WORK" "GIT GUD" and the iconic "ADAPT."  Then they will ignore 75% of what you say and result to petty insults.

My version of adapting is pretty fucking hilarious! I love Vanessa.

.  YOU WAIL on Jason?     Last night you said wiped a whole lobby in 5 mins as jason?  So what it is?  is Jason too OP or too weak?   Seems to me you're just bullshittin your way into a corner.

No one cares if you Love Vanessa.   I play on Random and i still escape.  The new changes to the game are no so big that counselors can't escape.   People still KILL JASON too,

And YES you will need team up work against a good Jason,,         

• Like 1

There is no need to play as a "pro" to survive as a counselor.  You need to work together. If your goal is to simply Solo play and WIN by yourself, the game has gotten more challenging.  This is not a 1 vs 1 game. This is a 1 vs 7 players.  Small maps are still fairly easy for counselors to survive, and with teamwork, the other maps are winnable by some.

It seem like there is a small vocal group of players that only want to see Jason with 2/8 or 3/8 kills in every game, and if they manage to die, the game is ruined. I love playing as a counsel our and it is nice that it takes some effort to win now. Its not auto dance time every game.    I don''t see this sucide/rage quit thing anymore more then any other week playing this game.

10 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

Well, you now have the opposite problem where the game becomes a simulation of Jason killing camp councilors and there is no legitimate multiplayer, game world substance to keep people interested. People are not interested in logging into a game that is just a simulation or reenactment of some killer killing camp councilors, they are interested in goofy, silly elements in the game. They will have no time to do their thing without there being a way for Jason to go back to being a punching bag in some context.

I am all for giving counselors more leverage. Reasonable leverage. Such as adding 2 more pocket knives and 1 more flare gun. What you are suggesting is unreasonable. 

We do not need something that tips the scales entirely into the counselor's favor. That's just as bad as having it tipped fully in Jason's.

@HuDawg If you actually read my post, you'd know that I changed counselors and added 3 epic perks to her that I never used.

NOW I wail on Jason.

Calm the hell down man.

@carnage4u link

8 minutes ago, stoney said:

I am all for giving counselors more leverage. Reasonable leverage. Such as adding 2 more pocket knives and 1 more flare gun. What you are suggesting is unreasonable. 

Not something that tips the scales entirely into the counselor's favor. 

What I am suggesting is reasonable leverage. I am suggesting that Tommy Jarvis is not an established enough threat for Jason alone, meaning mosts Jason do not focus on the generators except in a lesser used strategy to increase fear faster; so, the game is balanced more towards Jasons trapping the fuse box to death. If something about the generators became such a threat that all Jasons take that as a priority over the fuse box, then that would bring a better balance to the game. The penalty for Jason not trapping and deactivating the generators should be harsher than not focusing on the fuse box. The penalty is that if he does not keep the councilors from calling the CB Radio, Tommy Jarvis can come to the game with Tina Shepherd as a support character that can not only stun Jason, but buff the other councilors so they can more often stun Jason. This is a reasonable thing to suggest, considering that to get Jasons to trap the generators over the fuse box must be to compensate against a hard penalty for Jason.

Oh come on people. This was a good patch. If you were being honest, the biggest difference is that pocketknives got reduced. That is the main thing that is pissing these counselor mains off. - The grab range is not too big (no vadergrab, still misses). - The speedbuff is minimal to say the least. Sure it helps a little against jog-sprint combos and ring-around-the-rosie types. Thats it. I still survive quite frequently and clear the lobby almost everytime.

My gameplay has also changed a little:  I tend to be abit more careful as a counselor. As Jason, now I can take more risks. Adds variety. Before patch, if Jason wanted to kill everyone, there realy was only one way to play it. Now, variety! Therefore good patch!

I don't know who many of you whiners are playing with, but I cant rememeber a single time that a newbie (or below avarage) Jason has killed the whole lobby (ok, around launch perhaps when we alla sucked). Atleast where I've been in.

Skilled counselors are still skilled counselors, and skilled Jasons will kill alot of counselors. Before this patch escaping or surviving was too damn easy. Atleast now it brings a little challenge. For me, only because there arent so many pocketknives (crutch, get out of jail-card). And I am not complaining. This is a welcome change! You just have play a little smarter. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes you get killed.

I really don't see the problem here so quit your whining. Peace.

Ps. Your poll sucks donkeyballs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Sweenmasheen said:

Once again, I'm not going to vote on a poll so obviously loaded.

I prefer to play as a Counselor, always have. I am loving this new patch as it brings it to where the game was this summer which for me personally was the peak of fun.

People on both sides are guilty of having deaf ears and both sides can have issues in communications when it comes to debating and hashing things out. Lately , on the forums we are seeing many more polls that are heavy on the silly side. There are also many examples of people repeatedly ( I'm not talking about 2 or 3 , more like 20-30 of paraphrased wants and needs)  posting the same views and not adding anything to the conversation other than petty insults or near attacks. 

I agree that people coming in between Halloween and Christmas are probably having a bit of a tough , and confusing experience after this last patch. I don't see that as a reason to add more knives again or med sprays, although I'd be more okay with more med sprays as opposed to knives.I honestly feel like the game is very fun no matter what your player preference is. Just like it used to be.

I think you just judged the poll too quickly. The poll isn't biased and isn't based on a one sided thing. It's only asking can we work together and respect each other and can we have fun playing as both Counselors & Jason. So what's wrong with the poll again? Clearly you don't have respect either. You don't want to vote in the poll because it's obvious you don't respect others opinions. smh what a shame. Also I'm not talking about Pocket Knifes in this forum! Read the Forum before trying to state something. Your in the wrong forum, thread, POLL. I only want to hear opinions and discuss the new issues, not bull shiz! If you happy with this update then say your happy with it. It's you opinion and I'll respect it all the way!

Just now, lightningbolt said:

What I am suggesting is reasonable leverage. I am suggesting that Tommy Jarvis is not an established enough threat for Jason alone, meaning mosts Jason do not focus on the generators except in a lesser used strategy to increase fear faster; so, the game is balanced more towards Jasons trapping the fuse box to death. If something about the generators became such a threat that all Jasons take that as a priority over the fuse box, then that would bring a better balance to the game. The penalty for Jason not trapping and deactivating the generators should be harsher than not focusing on the fuse box. The penalty is that if he does not keep the councilors from calling the CB Radio, Tommy Jarvis can come to the Game with Tina Shepherd as a support character that can not only stun Jason, but buff the other councilors so they can more often stun Jason. This is a reasonable thing to suggest, considering that to get Jasons to trap the generators over the fuse box must be to compensate against a hard penalty for Jason.

Are you serious right now?

I'm sure this is why a lot of forum users are defensive and tread carefully before approaching a counselor buff suggestion. Because of stuff like this right here.

Suggesting that Jason have to worry about 5 million different things is not a reasonable suggestion. Adding in a macho-Tommy is not a reasonable suggestion.

6 minutes ago, stoney said:

@HuDawg If you actually read my post, you'd know that I changed counselors and added 3 epic perks to her that I never used.

NOW I wail on Jason.

Calm the hell down man.

I can wail on newbie Jasons too..  With No perks on.  You ain't wailn' on a Jason player that knows whats he/she is doing and we all know it,  

You can use what ever perks you want.  I have my counselors perks set up in way that i think the perks match the counselors.  And i play on Random and i still escape.  Which means im not even TRYING HARD and im still escaping.

Also, I don't need to calm down because im not raging over anything.  You're the one fluffin out lies all for the sake of getting 2 more pocket knives and a flare gun.

IMO the counselors could use a few more nerfs.   Just sayin'

3 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

What I am suggesting is reasonable leverage. I am suggesting that Tommy Jarvis is not an established enough threat for Jason alone, meaning mosts Jason do not focus on the generators except in a lesser used strategy to increase fear faster; so, the game is balanced more towards Jasons trapping the fuse box to death. If something about the generators became such a threat that all Jasons take that as a priority over the fuse box, then that would bring a better balance to the game. The penalty for Jason not trapping and deactivating the generators should be harsher than not focusing on the fuse box. The penalty is that if he does not keep the councilors from calling the CB Radio, Tommy Jarvis can come to the Game with Tina Shepherd as a support character that can not only stun Jason, but buff the other councilors so they can more often stun Jason. This is a reasonable thing to suggest, considering that to get Jasons to trap the generators over the fuse box must be to compensate against a hard penalty for Jason.

This is a joke, right? There is zero logic here without changing the whole game completely.

4 minutes ago, sims2series3493 said:

This poll isn't biased, it's about respect and us getting together and discussing the issue, which clearly you obviously don't have respect for others opinions or mine own. So please, don't come here with your bull. You like the way how the game is fine, that's your opinion. But don't go upsetting and angering other people because you don't like their thoughts and opinions.  

I realize your intent with the poll. I can tell that you did actually put some thought into and tried to make it fair and unbiased, I do. There are still a few issues fro me with the wording and that is why i refuse to vote . Please dont take my opinion too personally . For example, Question #1 asked if both sides are "supposed " to be fun to play. Well that's just silly. Of course it is "supposed" to be fun for both sides. I also don't think that anyone honestly feels like either side shouldn't be fun, like nobody would vote that way at the very least. I think a more fair ( unbiased ) way to poll that question would be more along the lines of, " Do you as a F13th player feel like it is fun to play as either Jason or a counselor? Yes or No. Question #2 could be ," If you don't think it is fun for one or the other, which is not fun anymore?" Please explain your thoughts in the comments.

Look , I'm not one to nitpick in my day to day, I'm not trying to demean or split hairs. I know that a lot of the last week's posts that have been getting attention are from newer forum members and that's ok. I had the game several months and was on the forum daily before I ever created an account. Time spent on the game and forum membership are not necessarily in correlation, I for one understand that. I think that we all just want what is best for the game and we dont all agree on what that might be.  

Just now, stoney said:

Are you serious right now?

I'm sure this is why a lot of forum users are defensive and tread carefully before approaching a counselor buff suggestion. Because of stuff like this right here.

Suggesting that Jason have to worry about 5 million different things is not a reasonable suggestion. Adding in a macho-Tommy is not a reasonable suggestion.

This is not a councilor buff suggestion, it is a support character suggestion which comes in under a reasonable condition. If Jason players can not handle a suggestion which up their difficulty to play according to a harder skill level, then that is their hypocrisy showing in which case I would prefer not to hear a word out anyone saying councilors should get more skilled due to their difficulty increase and not Jasons.

Just now, HuDawg said:

I can wail on newbie Jasons too..  With No perks on.  You ain't wailn' on a Jason player that knows whats he/she is doing and we all know it,  

I wailed on a level 147 Roy pretty hard, on top of tanking all his traps. Lets just say the next game that he was Jason, he targeted me first.

Off topic, but I actually really appreciate the southern tang to your writings. Makes me feel at home. (at least I think it's southern)

Okay dude, I get it. You want counselors to be nerfed to the ground.

1 minute ago, stoney said:

I wailed on a level 147 Roy pretty hard, on top of tanking all his traps. 

I don't believe you...  And i doubt anyone with half a brain does either.  Prove it

2 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

This is a joke, right? There is zero logic here without changing the whole game completely.

I outlined in another thread how it would be possible and it would not change that much, only add a new support character.

Just now, HuDawg said:

I don't believe you...  And i doubt anyone half a brain does either.  Prove it

It's a good thing I recorded it too. LOL. Do you have an email? PM me

I think increasing Jason's speed was unnecessary and typical of Gun Media's OTT updates.  They get legitimate complaints and release a patch to solve the problem but then go too far in the other direction.  I was also happy with Jason's grab length pre-patch. It's just his grab radius that needed fixed, but no, they had to increase the length too.  

But more annoying than any of that is the fact they STILL haven't fixed the slingshot car glitch or the car speed,  Car drives as slow as Vanessa runs. And when Jason stops the car, I can't escape because I keep getting singshotted back to the driver's door.  

I've been playing since launch and I think I just have to accept that I'm bored of the game now.  I only still play it to get my 1000 Jason games and platinum trophy, but I'm lucky to get to be Jason once every 16 games. 

REMINDER:

This game is about the Jason experience, not the counselor experience. When you fnally get to play Jason, it should be fun and rewarding. Counselors should have it a lot harder in comparison. Don't get me wrong, Jason should not be too easy either, but basic gameplay mechanics should allow the Jason player to always get an "x" amount of kills reagrdless. Don't overcomplicate things. 

1 minute ago, lasse_hei said:

This game is about the Jason experience, not the counselor experience.

Stick to offline mode.

1 minute ago, lasse_hei said:

Jason player to always get an "x" amount of kills reagrdless. Don't overcomplicate things. 

Just make Jason AI in matches then.

The issue, as I see it, is many players who feel that Jason is too powerful are trying to beat Jason BY THEMSELVES.  

The last patch made it so that good counselor players could survive/win all by themselves.  People who started playing the game during that time got used to it.

Those of us who have played since the beginning learned how to COOPERATE.  It was the ONLY way to consistently survive, although even then it wasn't guaranteed.  The game was much more fun then, as Jason AND as a counselor.  This newest patch returns that feeling once again.

4 minutes ago, sims2series3493 said:

I think you just judged the poll too quickly. The poll isn't biased and isn't based on a one sided thing. It's only asking can we work together and respect each other and can we have fun playing as both Counselors & Jason. So what's wrong with the poll again? Clearly you don't have respect either. You don't want to vote in the poll because it's obvious you don't respect others opinions. smh what a shame. Also I'm not talking about Pocket Knifes in this forum! Read the Forum before trying to state something. Your in the wrong forum, thread, POLL. I only want to hear opinions and discuss the new issues, not bull shiz! If you happy with this update then say your happy with it. It's you opinion and I'll respect it all the way!

Yeah, I just quoted you in another response and went into a bit more detail.  Respect is what you want. I'm not sure what it is that i said that made it clear to you that I have no respect, but I did try to elaborate for you while you were so quick to label me disrespectful. I was actually trying to take up for you a bit. I still don't regret it ,yet. Respect is a 2 way street my friend. Both sides can be quick to judge and assume. I can be as guilty of it as anybody I guess. Sure.

Everyone who has a differing opinion isnt your enemy, and I know you were saying the same thing. I wasnt trying to call you out, but I did find your poll to be something that I couldnt vote on. I still do and I gave you some reasoning behind my pov. I hate when words are put in my mouth or my words twisted, I'm not saying that you did that , but that kind of thing is much more common this past week than it ever was.

We all like this game or want to. We all have this great common ground that has brought us together. We are here for comaradery not wars. 

Just now, stoney said:

It's a good thing I recorded it too. LOL. Do you have an email? PM me

Post it here then.

I mean not for nothing but i played 8 games last night.  I escaped 4 times last night.  And was also in a game where Friends killed Jason.  And i died 3 times.   

So from my point of view.  You're making a big stink over nothing.  I don't even know what you're really complaining about.

I mean.. weapons are still everywhere.  Jason is just slightly faster with a better grab.    The only change i notice to the game is less Pocket knives (which is good) and Jason going for more grab kills again (Which he should).  Which for me means LESS GETTING slashed to death by Jason and Jason being fun again. 

2 minutes ago, Sweenmasheen said:

I realize your intent with the poll. I can tell that you did actually put some thought into and tried to make it fair and unbiased, I do. There are still a few issues fro me with the wording and that is why i refuse to vote . Please dont take my opinion too personally . For example, Question #1 asked if both sides are "supposed " to be fun to play. Well that's just silly. Of course it is "supposed" to be fun for both sides. I also don't think that anyone honestly feels like either side shouldn't be fun, like nobody would vote that way at the very least. I think a more fair ( unbiased ) way to poll that question would be more along the lines of, " Do you as a F13th player feel like it is fun to play as either Jason or a counselor? Yes or No. Question #2 could be ," If you don't think it is fun for one or the other, which is not fun anymore?" Please explain your thoughts in the comments.

Look , I'm not one to nitpick in my day to day, I'm not trying to demean or split hairs. I know that a lot of the last week's posts that have been getting attention are from newer forum members and that's ok. I had the game several months and was on the forum daily before I ever created an account. Time spent on the game and forum membership are not necessarily in correlation, I for one understand that. I think that we all just want what is best for the game and we dont all agree on what that might be.  

Thank you for making it clear and also that's only one question. Most of it is about US, plus I still don't see what's wrong with it. It's not like it's one sided and also you can obviously leave comments about it without it saying to do so, also because I didn't add more to it doesn't make sense to me... All I'm saying is shouldn't this game be fun for everyone (Playing as both Jason and Counselors and by voting you are keeping it real with me by stating how you feel?). If your happy with the update, then just state that. It's your opinion and I respect it, but for those that don't that on them. Let hate and let them burn. :)

The number one problem, as with any multiplayer objective based game is teamwork.

Play anything ever released and how many lone wolves have you seen over the years? How many people are on the mic or in chat asking people to work on objectives in all of these games? Teamwork does not happen often in QP environments in any game. That is player choice. I used to rage trying to play some of the game modes in CoD that weren't Deathmatch, but my entire team played the match just like that. That's what we were seeing with overpowerd counselors.

Maybe we should try and come up with a designated game night were people on the same platform party up, use mics, and we play the game the way it's meant to be played. I would argue very few of us more casual players have had that chance. It's something that could rotate nights every few weeks to fit in with other peoples schedules and make it a 1 or 2 hour event. I think this would help a lot of people myself.

As a supporter of the changes so far, I was pointing out the update and my enjoyment of it on gametz.com and a fellow chimed in with support of having 3 items to help escape all the time. We can't go back to that. It isn't a 1v1 game. I think in a few weeks we as a community may have changing opinions. I have zero doubt there isn't something we can't fix with the counselors to make it more survivable with proper adaptation of play style and maybe some game tweaks.

Maybe teamwork bonus XP could help. Being in range of a counselor doing a repair could be an XP bonus (say 10 yards). Escorting a runner carrying an item could be another bonus based on time in proximity. Maybe knocking Jason off a counselor should be worth 500Xp or reward CP or credit towards new clothes or something. There are other methods that don't involve excessive spawning of "I Win Buttons" that could work that are in other games. For whatever loot crate crisis there was in Battlefront II, the reward for objective work in game is substantial and really keeps a lot of players on task so they can unlock the more powerful special units during the match. In starfighter matches, the attacking side take dozens of deaths trying to get the objectives down rather than dogfighting the entire match. Maybe something that would allow a chance to respawn as a new counselor, increased chance of finding a pocket knife or temporary stat boosts for objective play could be looked at. Surely Jason fans would love a chance to hack down 14-16 counselors per match. I'm not saying its the right thing or that I would want "extra lives", but it's something to consider.

Right now, I personally love the direction it went. I just hope there are a lot more bug fixes (car rubber band, window glitches, Jason hit detection).

• Thanks 1