Things are beginning to reveal itself since the new UPDATE  I NO LONGER AM HAVING ANY ISSUES WITH THE GAME-_-.  I AM GIVING THE UPDATE A CHANCE AND NOW GETTING USE TO IT^_^. THIS TOPIC IS GETTING OLDER BY THE HOUR. ALSO IN MY EYE'S THIS TOPIC IS FINISHED. FOR THOSE THAT WANTS TO JUST CLICK ON TO THIS THREAD AND DISRESPECT PEOPLE OPINIONS<_< AND JUST WANT TO ARGUE, GO KICK ROCKS:angry:! WELL... I THINK I'M DONE HERE, ENJOY FRIDAY THE 13TH AND THE NEW MAP AND KILLS EVERYONE! :) 

This is my 3rd day playing Friday the 13th on it's new update. I taking notice how more people are even RAGE QUITTING or SUICIDE. I also took huge notice that most of my friends aren't playing Friday the 13th now and starting to go back to GTA 5, Monster Hunters, [Dissidia Final Fantasy] (NEW GAME) and other games that they played before they played Friday the 13th. It's very sad that they are leaving Friday now. :( It hurts me the most because now when I look at it, Friday was the game that brought us all together. Friday the 13th was the game that pulled me out of GTA 5 because it was SO addicting. 

Now it's just me and a very few friends are playing now. I have so many friends for what now? How and where did I make so many friends from? Friday the 13th. -_- But now, that's basically finished... Not everyone have the same games to play with each other on. 

In the first thread that I made, I post/commented that I was going to just give the update a chance, but what's happening now is BULL. I also stopped making comments on the first thread to read most of everyone's comments before the Staff locked it do to arguing and rudeness. Also coming to find out the staff had to locked it twice because of the same issue. WHERE'S THE RESPECT for other people opinions? Also telling others to get use to the UPDATE or get the F off the game and play another game like OverWatch or so... That is very disrespectful and wrong. Also now your wish is becoming true. Players that loves to play as Counselors are beginning to leave and stop playing Friday the 13th. How do I know? Because most of my friends are leaving, which really makes it a good example. 

This is becoming a mess and a problem. Right now the game is favoring Jason, which there are those that's not liking it. [Which you guys are calling NEWBIES that just signed up to state that they are not liking the update] In my own opinion, the game is suppose to be fun by playing as Jason and Counselors. It's suppose to go both ways. Now it's one sided and you all know it. We are about to have ONLY Jason players around and sadly for Jason players not everyone can be Jason at the same time. This is WAY OUTTA CONTROL! Can we all come to an understanding that this game isn't balanced at all between Counselors & Jason? Can we all just respect each other and work together to have this game be FUN by playing as Jason & Counselors...? 

I'm hurting right now because I don't want us to fight and I don't want to lose all my friends because of a stupid UPDATE. :( This is ridiculous! 

Please just be honest with each other. You guys don't like this game favoring Counselors and also don't like this game favoring Jason. Can we all get together and make this game fun for everyone then? 

friday-the-13th-the-game-jason-kills-1040754.jpg.bdcfe9425dc80d0a8428d612c49a123a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I can thank this update for causing me to change to Vanessa. I wail on Jason now with my epic perks I never used - Medic, Thick Skinned, and Swift Attacker.

I tank traps like it's nothing, often right in front of Jason too. But then again, most of them are mediocre players who still can manage 8/8 some games just fine.

I almost cried from laughing so damn hard at how stupid some Jasons are. Practically run into you!

I think this is not the time to try and reason with people on the forums. It's best to wait maybe a week or two so they can haul ass on Jason and get over the past 3 months of Hell. I'm sure by then, people will have better attitudes and be more apt to try and listen to opposing opinions. The emotional response from them is seeping too much from a wound that needs to heal. Let them heal first.

If you don't, you will just get the same responses, "TEAM WORK" "GIT GUD" and the iconic "ADAPT."  Then they will ignore 75% of what you say and result to petty insults.

My version of adapting is pretty fucking hilarious! I love Vanessa.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If you want a discussion, maybe try and start out by not posting obviously biased polls.

Secondly, this is not a game that is meant to be tailored and catered to your 1 v 1 survival odds or what you call "balance". It is 7 v 1, the SEVEN being your strength. Utilize that by way of TEAMWORK. If you can't do that or won't do that, there is nothing left to be said to you. 

• Like 10

For me it's a lot more fun when Jason has the advantage whether I'm playing as the main man or a counselor. I remember when the October patch dropped and I was able to escape 6 matches straight and it just wasn't very fun or challenging. I have Jason as my preference of course but that doesn't mean I don't like playing the counselor. I would rather escape 1/10 times where it was a challenge than 9/10 easy ones. 

You should definetly die more often than you live as a counselor.  But I know that a lot of people that picked up the game for the 1st time around October-December thought they were shit-hot as a counselor because they escaped very often or maybe even killed a Jason or 2. Now they're realizing that their just average counselors and they're upset about it. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, the same thing happened to the Jason boys when he was weakened (myself included.) 

Of course this is just my opinion and opinions are just like orgasms mine matters most and I couldn't care less if you have one. Haha jk good poll @sims2series3493 cheers!

• Like 6

I am really liking this new patch. I think it might be the first patch that didn’t cause any new issues. (haven’t read of any new problems anyway)  

Last patch I escaped so often that I started taking risks just to mix things up. I don’t find myself doing that with this patch. I still escape, but not nearly as often. 

Playing Jason is much more fun again and the trash talking trolls have been put in check.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, stoney said:

The emotional response from them is seeping too much from a wound that needs to heal. Let them heal first.

LOL funny :D

To be honest, most player prefer counselor.  There is more variety than simply the monotonous "Kill Everyone" and I have the most fun socializing with my fellow counselor.  Jason is singled out like that fat kid in grade school, and its alway tempting to dance and tea-bag during a stun.  Now that the scale is tipping in Jason's favor, combined with a new "large" map, the averaged player doesn't have the skills or game knowledge to survive.  This even effects me, not directly as I can defend myself just fine, but because my lobby is clearing out faster.  Jason is now coming for me sooner because these players are no longer able to delay him.  Even if the skilled player can still thrive,  the average player may now find it too hard to find gratification, and will leave to another game that will give it too them.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

LOL funny :D

To be honest, most player prefer counselor.  There is more variety than simply the monotonous "Kill Everyone" and I have the most fun socializing with my fellow counselor.  Jason is singled out like that fat kid in grade school, and its alway tempting to dance and tea-bag during a stun.  Now that the scale is tipping in Jason's favor, combined with a new "large" map, the averaged player doesn't have the skills or game knowledge to survive.  This even effects me, not directly as I can defend myself just fine, but because my lobby is clearing out faster.  Jason is now coming for me sooner because these players are no longer able to delay him.  Even if the skilled player can still thrive,  the average player may now find it too hard to find gratification, and will leave to another game that will give it too them.

You basically have to become a pro and make friends really fast to "properly play this game" as some put it. Novice and intermediate levels don't exist anymore, unless of course you have a lousy Jason. Or if you're me and find it funny to knock Jason on his ass 24/7 post a buff patch. But I'm a skilled player so... LOL

You're forgetting that the internet is toxic in general. So no, no matter how much you desire a genuine and in-depth discussion, it's just not gonna happen.You need to realize that most on these forums are hardcore Jason fanboys referencing to the movie all the time. Problem is, in the movies counselors didn't have fun. You see the problem? 

• Like 1

IMHO is that too much focus has been given on Jason this update and next patch they should introduce a condition in the game where Jason can lose momentum, makes the councilors more likely to survive towards the end of the game; but, this condition could be prevented by Jason at the start or else he goes right back to being a punching bag where bully tactics rule the day.

I suggest it having something to do with Tina Shepherd coming in as a support character like Tommy Jarvis.

• Haha 1

All around I have nothing negative to say about this patch. My only issues with the game stem from problems previous updates brought in, car rubber banding and hit detection to be precise. Address those couple of issues along with whatever else the community brings to your attention and this game will continue to thrive. Great job devs, thanks for pulling me back in!

12 minutes ago, stoney said:

You basically have to become a pro and make friends really fast to "properly play this game" as some put it. Novice and intermediate levels don't exist anymore, unless of course you have a lousy Jason. Or if you're me and find it funny to knock Jason on his ass 24/7 post a buff patch. But I'm a skilled player so... LOL

I have fun regardless of the lobby, skilled and novice alike.  I enjoy being invited to groups as well as by myself public match as every match is different and unique.  I accept that things don't always goes my way and any adversity as a challenge.  My worries for the recent patch is regards to these average casual players and not myself.   If these players leave and only the hardcore (try-hards) remain, then games will become dry, less diverse, and boring.

I started playing back at Halloween when the game was on sale, and basically exclusively play Counsellor. So I've only ever known the 'nerfed' version of Jason hunting me, but I still love this new patch.

When I first started playing the game, without much clue as to what I was doing, I loved the thrill of trying to survive. I died almost every time, but it felt exciting and tense. As I got better, with the nerfed Jason as he was, I found myself escaping more often than dying. I began to lose interest, because the game wasn't as tense anymore. I didn't feel like I was in an intense horror movie.

Since the changes to Jason, I've died every single match. I've not even got close to escaping! I'm not the best gamer in the world, so that explains why, but I still love it. It's SO much more tense now. Escaping feels like a real achievement. I feel a real sense of panic when Jason shows up because I'm almost certain he'll get me. I think it's brilliant.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I have fun regardless of the lobby, skilled and novice alike.  I enjoy being invited to groups as well as by myself public match as every match is different and unique.  I accept that things don't always goes my way and any adversity as a challenge.  My worries for the recent patch is regards to these average casual players and not myself.   If these players leave and only the hardcore (try-hards) remain, then games will become dry, less diverse, and boring.

This recent patch is going to run off most casual players is what's upsetting.

People seem to forget a prime point:

Most people bought this game around Halloween through Christmas, the months of Jason having paper balls with armed pocket knives and unjust nerfs thrown at him in class.

These players aren't going to understand that the game is supposed to be more challenging then what they were previously experiencing. It's almost like culture shock in a way.

I can entirely understand having only 2-3 pocket knives and a very limited of supplies spawning in if everyone was basically great players at the game. But this is not the case here and that is what people are failing to realize.

Because of how poorly the Devs progressively drove this game into the dirt and then slowly revived it, you're going to have to buff and nerf at the speed of the majority of the fan base.

The majority of the fan base are not level 100s+ or that equivalent in experience.

This can currently be proven by 2 things:

The fact that almost no one wants to utilize team work.

The fact that most counselors surviving rounds are high levels or are accompanied by high levels.

15 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Exactly, that is why the devs should focus on bringing back and element of the previous patch where Jason could become a punching bag. I had suggested in another thread that Tina Shepherd could disable traps with her mind, be able to stun Jason with an ability and that her presence could buff the other councilors ability to hit and stun Jason. She could spawn in like Jarvis which would force Jason to disable,  trap the generators more often and not so much the vehicles and the fuse box.

1 minute ago, lightningbolt said:

Exactly, that is why the devs should focus on bringing back and element of the previous patch where Jason could become a punching bag. I had suggested in another thread that Tina Shepherd could disable traps with her mind, be able to stun Jason with an ability and that her presence can buff the other councilors ability to hit and stun Jason. She could spawn in like Jarvis which would force Jason's to disable and trap the generators more and not so much the vehicle and the fuse box.

NO. JASON SHOULD NEVER BECOME A PUNCHING BAG.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sims2series3493 said:

Negative things are beginning to reveal itself since the new UPDATE:

This is my 3rd day playing Friday the 13th on it's new update. I taking notice how more people are even RAGE QUITTING or SUICIDE.

I see the opposite.  I have seen NO suicides.   Rage quits have never changed, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't.

Game is fine...  Its fun to play both Jason and Counselors.

7 minutes ago, stoney said:

Except that it is cannon that Tina Shepherd can throw tons of stuff at Jason, beat on him with random items to dis-enable and defeat him. It would make sense that there could be a condition where he became a punching bag in the game under that context. Those casual players who like costumes and dance moves would also be able to do their thing every once in a while, but not in a way that Jason could not prevent. The prevention on Jason's part would be to focus on the generators which would mean less traps for the vehicle and fuse box. The councilors could also have a condition set where Jason could lose momentum at the end of the game and they are more likely to survive, but only if Jason failed to prevent it. That would promote game balance in a way that is not currently in the game.

23 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

All around I have nothing negative to say about this patch. My only issues with the game stem from problems previous updates brought in, car rubber banding and hit detection to be precise. Address those couple of issues along with whatever else the community brings to your attention and this game will continue to thrive. Great job devs, thanks for pulling me back in!

I hate the car rubber banding! 

8 minutes ago, stoney said:

He never was, only bad Jasons that just run into Chad's bat swings.  He did need some buffs, but even before good Jasons bait or space-out swings, have good priorities, skilled with throw knives, and single out counselors rather than try to tackle the mob.  These Jason also had to deal with me trying to kill them and I still have a few of them on my "hit list".

3 minutes ago, lightningbolt said:

Except that it is cannon that Tina Shepherd can throw tons of stuff at Jason, beat on him with random items to dis-enable and defeat him which would make sense that there could be a condition where he became a punching bag in the game. And those casual players who like costumes and dance moves would be able to do their thing every once in a while, but not in a way that he could not prevent; but, the prevention on Jason's part would be to focus on the generators which would mean less traps for the vehicle and fuse box. The councilors could also have a condition set where Jason could lose momentum at the end of the game and they are more likely to survive, but only if Jason failed to prevent it. That would promote game balance in a way that is not currently in the game.

Jason has 20 minutes to try and kill all counselors.

This is a horrible idea since Jason could just be repeatedly stun locked and you'd have no game - because Jason can't god damn move. That's just as bad as adding 10 pocket knives back into the picture.

3 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I see the opposite.  I have seen NO suicides.   Rage quits have never changed, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't.

Game is fine...  Its fun to play both Jason and Counselors.

I'll record it next time for you. Because it's true and I'm sick of it. :angry:

2 minutes ago, sims2series3493 said:

I hate the car rubber banding! 

Same here! I didn't include it in any critique of this patch because that issue started after the 12-18 patch to my knowledge.

2 minutes ago, sims2series3493 said:

I'll record it next time for you. Because it's true and I'm sick of it. :angry:

I myself have yet to see people just killing themselves and I've been playing for hours upon hours.

I have seen people rage quit a lot more though.

4 minutes ago, stoney said:

Jason has 20 minutes to try and kill all counselors.

This is a horrible idea since Jason could just be repeatedly stun locked and you'd have no game - because Jason can't god damn move. That's just as bad as adding 10 pocket knives back into the picture.

Well, you now have the opposite problem where the game becomes a simulation of Jason killing camp councilors and there is no legitimate multiplayer, game world substance to keep people interested. People are not interested in logging into a multiplayer game that is just a simulation or reenactment of some killer killing camp councilors, they are interested in goofy, silly elements in the game. They will have no time to do their thing without there being a way for Jason to go back to being a punching bag in some context.

Once again, I'm not going to vote on a poll so obviously loaded.

I prefer to play as a Counselor, always have. I am loving this new patch as it brings it to where the game was this summer which for me personally was the peak of fun.

People on both sides are guilty of having deaf ears and both sides can have issues in communications when it comes to debating and hashing things out. Lately , on the forums we are seeing many more polls that are heavy on the silly side. There are also many examples of people repeatedly ( I'm not talking about 2 or 3 , more like 20-30 of paraphrased wants and needs)  posting the same views and not adding anything to the conversation other than petty insults or near attacks. 

I agree that people coming in between Halloween and Christmas are probably having a bit of a tough , and confusing experience after this last patch. I don't see that as a reason to add more knives again or med sprays, although I'd be more okay with more med sprays as opposed to knives.I honestly feel like the game is very fun no matter what your player preference is. Just like it used to be.

• Like 1