I spent about 300 hours in 2017 playing on my PS4. It was the game i played the most. I made over 100 new friends with it! Had some tremendous times laughing, screaming, and WORKING TOGETHER! Loved it! We played it almost nightly! The tension, scares, were great! Working together felt awesome. 

Then the “patch” hit the fan... ugh... suddenly it became stale. It became a walking simulator, where i could picture a tour guide with us saying, “and to your left you’ll notice the lake where Jason drowned as a boy... and oh, there he is... shhhhhhhh... to your right is the famous Jason Voorhees... now don’t startled him. He frightens easily as he has become the prey around these parts. If you’re smart, you can even get a picture with him. Now the flash will probably lock stun him, so don’t worry about getting away.... now let’s continue with the tour...”

It became way too easy to be a counselor. It felt like a party app instead of a surivival horror game. Our group stopped playing. It was sad... but now, we’ve amped up and are chatting away and talking about getting the band back together! Why? Because it’s time to try and run FROM that scary ass, bad ass killer from Hell that he should always be!! And we love it this way! It takes teamwork to try and survive the night or escape! And that is how it always should be! Kudos to them finally bringing back the beast! Now let’s get scared together!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I find that Jason gameplay is very boring now because it's almost too easy. Out of all the games I've played in the new patch, I've only had problems in one match because there were 3 Adam counselors queued up together. 

All I have to say to this is simply -- you're not playing with experienced counselors.

I have played several matches since the patch, and yes -- it's MUCH harder to escape with your life now, but MANY experienced counselors are doing it daily!

Jason is OP as hell and is scary once again. But that's the way it SHOULD be!!

Should it be impossible to escape with your life? Never.

Should it be REALLY HARD to escape with your life? Definitely. 

When you survive and/or escape, you should breathe a sigh of relief and celebrateYOU DID IT!!

Before the patch, medium-skill Jasons were getting their butts kicked on a regular basis, and people escaped more often than not -- even dancing at the exit points.

That really doesn't happen anymore.

But try playing in a private match with some of the folks on this forum. Be Jason. THEN tell me how boring and easy it is.

I challenge you to this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sims2series3493 said:

This poll isn't biased, it's about respect and us getting together and discussing the issue, which clearly you obviously don't have respect for others opinions or mine own. So please, don't come here with your bull. You like the way how the game is fine, that's your opinion. But don't go upsetting and angering other people because you don't like their thoughts and opinions.  

"Can we all discuss on fixing the problem of this game favoring Counselors or Jason?"

Of course your polls are biased - for example...what about the vast majority here, Reddit and on social media who don't even think there is a problem to fix?????!!!!!

Again, a completely impartial and farcical poll with a loaded question derived from a place of bias. You need to read up on how to create articulated and opinion evoking polls that are impartial. 

I would even suggest that moderators should have to approve polls before they are posted. 

2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

All I have to say to this is simply -- you're not playing with experienced counselors.

I have played several matches since the patch, and yes -- it's MUCH harder to escape with your life now, but MANY experienced counselors are doing it daily!

Jason is OP as hell and is scary once again. But that's the way it SHOULD be!!

Should it be impossible to escape with your life? Never.

Should it be REALLY HARD to escape with your life? Definitely. 

When you survive and/or escape, you should breathe a sigh of relief and celebrateYOU DID IT!!

Before the patch, medium-skill Jasons were getting their butts kicked on a regular basis, and people escaped more often than not -- even dancing at the exit points.

That really doesn't happen anymore.

But try playing in a private match with some of the folks on this forum. Be Jason. THEN tell me how boring and easy it is.

I challenge you to this.

I play a mix of both, and I can easily 8/8 in this patch, so you don't need to challenge me because I already do this normally. You can give me 10 separate private lobbies on Xbox and I can 8/8 every time because Jason's gameplay is boring and repetitive. Not that counselor gameplay isn't either, but it seems like there is 0 challenge to playing Jason. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

"Can we all discuss on fixing the problem of this game favoring Counselors or Jason?"

Of course your polls are biased - for example...what about the vast majority here and on social media who don't even think there is a problem to fix?????!!!!!

Again, a completely impartial and farcical poll with a loaded question derived from a place of bias. You need to read up on how to create articulated and opinion evoking polls that are impartial. 

I would even suggest that moderators should have to approve polls before they are posted. 

"Can we all discuss on fixing the problem of this game favoring Counselors or Jason?" This was me not trying to get BIT in the butt from any side (Players that's liking this patch and those that aren't liking it so far!)! Also me not trying to be ONE SIDED SO WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?! Also my poll isn't biased if it's asking very simple questions like can we respect each other and can we have fun playing as both Counselors and Jason. Easy Yes OR NO! So please!!! Tell me right now what's so biased about the POLL AGAIN????? Please point out a question that's really biased! 

Please come back to me with an opinion of the issues and not you disliking THE POLL's Title! I actually having some issues! Please read through some of the pages and you'll see what I'm getting at.... Or better yet, JUST read the Forum and state you opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I play a mix of both, and I can easily 8/8 in this patch, so you don't need to challenge me because I already do this normally. You can give me 10 separate private lobbies on Xbox and I can 8/8 every time because Jason's gameplay is boring and repetitive. Not that counselor gameplay isn't either, but it seems like there is 0 challenge to playing Jason. 

I believe @AldermachXI and @Tattooey are both on Xbox. Have you played with them?

Just to be a worthwhile game on a fun level, the bar for hardness needs to be lower for Jason because most of the time people play as counselors. Just comparing hour for hour, the XP is lopsided in favor of them, and so, for proper “balance” (as the whiners always  protest for), Jason needs to be more user friendly and easier to learn. 

1 minute ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Probably not, but I often pop in from one private lobby to the next using the LFG function. 

Yeah...things won't be that easy with this group. We're planning some matches this weekend.

You're welcome to go for 8/8 against us. It's also a good group of counselors to play with. Good teamwork.

Aldermach XI on Xbox if you want to add me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sims2series3493 said:

"Can we all discuss on fixing the problem of this game favoring Counselors or Jason?" This was me not trying to get BIT in the butt from any side (Players that's liking this patch and those that aren't liking it so far!)! Also me not trying to be ONE SIDED SO WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!?! Also my poll isn't biased if it's asking very simple questions like can we respect each other and can we have fun playing as both Counselors and Jason. Easy Yes OR NO! So please!!! Tell me right now what's so biased about the POLL AGAIN????? Please point out a question that's really biased! 

Please come back to me with an opinion of the issues and not you disliking THE POLL's Title! I actually having some issues! Please read through some of the pages and you'll see what I'm getting at.... Or better yet, JUST read the Forum and state you opinion.

3. Can we all discuss on fixing the problem of this game favoring Counselors or Jason?

You're stating your opinion in the question. That you think there is a "problem" that needs "fixing". 

I just want, what I want and say what I feel. Respect doesn't matter. [Vote for this one you are RUDE] 

Now you're stating your opinion in one of the answer choices. 

1. Playing as both Jason & Counselors is suppose to be fun, right?

Of course the game as a whole is supposed to be fun. You're not only stating the obvious. You're trying to force an answer that fits your narrative of the game being unbalanced.  

For the record, I haven't voted in these polls. 

39 minutes ago, sims2series3493 said:

Man, tell me something.... Are you losing friends right now because of a stupid update? This forum isn't one sided. I stated that I tried to get use to this update. It's just me and a bit of friends I have left on Friday. I'm actually still am trying. I stated the Negative things about the update because it's actually happening before my very eye's. I made to many friends on one game and now they are all splitting because of the changes... Please put yourself in my shoes and try to understand what I'm getting at. 

In the last forum I did thought and wanted more pocket knifes, But I decided to suck it up and just try to get use to it. But things went south the second my friends stopped playing and telling me I'm be the only one playing... I don't want to play alone which is the reason why I made a lot of friends. I don't care for the pocket knifes at this point. I'm losing friends over because of a update which it crazy to me right now! I swear to everything I love I'm trying my best to not curse up a storm on this forum. I want understanding and want to listen to ideas and opinions, not argue and go to war. :(

I feel for you brother, I really do. I'm sorry you are losing friends that are giving up on a game that is still evolving in some ways. This game isnt done and we as a community are growing with it. It has always been the case. I'm not sure if they are friends IRL or in game only, but i assure you, there are more people out there who will play with you.

I never really had the luxury of playing many private matches, Believe me, Ive seen some stuff, cheaters, quitters, squeakers, exploiters. Unfortunately for some the game is closer to what it started as. Many people enjoy that fact. I absolutely feel like most of the current complaints are not much more than exaggerations. There are still some issues sure. But There are still plenty of weapons and other items. Jason is a little quicker, noticable abut not significantly. His grab is better than it was a week ago but smaller than it was at launch, a happy medium in my opinion. People shouldnt give up on a great game due to minimal changes. Im sorry that that has been your experience. 

Im still not sure that you understood my point about the title though. Negative things about the new update : it automatically lets people know how the creator feels regardless of question whether they are worded in an unbiased way or not.  We welcome new players and new forum members, if we get neither the game and the forum grows stale. There is passion on both sides and defenses are up. Some people look for fights and ways to bicker, but not all of us. The bottom line is , we all want everyone to have a blast while playing. Some people will always have more fun than others no matter what the circumstances may be. ( just like in life).  You will not be bale to please everyone , we know this. We also know that the devs went in this direction with the latest update to get back to their original vision. That is the game they always planned on making. It may break some hearts, but that is more or less the reality of it. I truly am sorry about your loss of friends thus a loss of a great experience. Somewhere on here there is a place to meet up , exchange gamer tags and make friends. It's a consolation, but its all i can give. 

I main counselors and my enjoyment has only improved with the update. In a perfect world , we all agree. Unfortunately , the world is not perfect. I am honestly a very respectful person in all aspects of life, or at least try to be. I often times play devils advocate and always try to put myself in others shoes. I also try to help and guide other with what limited knowledge and experience i have , in all aspects of life , or at least try to be. I'm sorry of it seemed like I was coming down on you or if it seemed like I wasnt trying to see your side of things. Sometimes my point gets lost in my words if that makes sense. 

40 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Ya but thats not happening unless counselors are not doing objectives.

I mean.. Last game i played i got killed after being chased for 3.5 minutes..  After i died NO OBJECTIVES where done.   People where hiding under the bed...and running around dancing.  They ALL DIED.    

If they would have spent those 3.5 minutes getting shit done.. A few of them would have survived.  <--- This is how the game is meant to be played.

Maybe the Devs shouldn't have added PAID dances into the game.

You don't see people dancing in DbD. People always say that game is heavily Survivor sided. But they don't have silly dance emotes, and they spend their time actually doing things.

3 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

You don't see people dancing in DbD. People always say that game is heavily Survivor sided. But they don't have silly dance emotes, and they spend their time actually doing things.

Dancing does not effect game mechanics.  They are a non issue.. Fact is dancing is a waste of time..  If you're busy dancing you're not doing anything and staying in one spot

Also DBD isn't really a good slasher game!   If DBD did half the things this game did it would actually be a slasher good game

8 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

3. Can we all discuss on fixing the problem of this game favoring Counselors or Jason?

You're stating your opinion in the question. That you think there is a "problem" that needs "fixing". 

I just want, what I want and say what I feel. Respect doesn't matter. [Vote for this one you are RUDE] 

Now you're stating your opinion in one of the answer choices. 

1. Playing as both Jason & Counselors is suppose to be fun, right?

Of course the game as a whole is supposed to be fun. You're not only stating the obvious. You're trying to force an answer that fits your narrative of the game being unbalanced.  

For the record, I haven't voted in these polls. 

Alright... It's obvious your feeling it. Want to fight and go to war. I'm not with it. This conversation is done. Go kick rocks and dig or fish for else where, because I'm not having it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sims2series3493 said:

Alright... It's obvious your feeling it. Want to fight and go to war. I'm not with it. This conversation is done. Go kick rocks and dig or fish for else where, because I'm not having it.

Overly defensive! I don't want a "fight" or "war". I've simply pointed out that your polls are flawed. I haven't been abusive or rude about it. 

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Dancing does not effect game mechanics.  They are non issue.. Fact is dancing is a waste of time..  If you're busy dancing you're not doing anything and staying in one spot

Also DBD isn't really a good slasher game!   If DBD did half the things this game did it would actually be a slasher good game

DbD with their 18k players. Compared to F13 with their 1k players.

Obviously they are doing SOMEthing right. Even if we don't like it.

Wait times to get into lobbies is going up. Games are only starting with 5-6 players a lot of the time. Then the game starts and 1-2 of them leave at the start. Newer players are being matched up with Lv150 players with 500+ hours.

You all claim this game was "made for fans" and all this Jason is supposed to be OP BS. But these "fans" aren't going to be able to keep the servers active at this rate.

Playerbase is only over 1000 because the patch just came out. In a few days, that number will drop. It will be back down to 600-800. Not much of a game

4 minutes ago, sims2series3493 said:

Sims , he wasnt being nasty. simply stating an opinion that you more or less asked for. Theses are legit issues with the poll, things I too tried to address. 

1 hour ago, Caliph said:

Compare your post count with his and mine in terms of quantity versus join date.

The issue is that you simply browbeat people with and saturate discussions with your input.

Almost all of which is you telling others they don't understand you, the game or an issue.

Frankly, you may as well start ignoring everyone because you are going to be in discord with most of the forum.

You certainly do have the right to express your opinion on things but you will not be the reason a change is made.

That takes a consensus.

Of which you do not have and with your approach, you will never achieve.

There is no reason to compare post count. Most of his post in any thread about counselors consist of "NERF COUNSELORS!!! They need MORE nerfs!" and half assed responses.

You have no idea what we were talking about.

If you did and you chose to reply with the context in which you showed, you're just plain trolling.

He was insisting his memory was correct above the obvious and logic.

I noted that the Devs ultimately should just respond with an accurate timeline of when item spawns were altered throughout the game history, so we wouldn't sit here for an hour arguing over whose memory is more reliable than the others

You lost your argument with me before, stretching high for any limb you could get a hold of from the redundant tree. I'm assuming that's why you keep trying to have a go with me now.

If it wasn't for 4 other Jason players jumping on my case all at once and you gathering the audacity to ignore our recent conversation and become a sheep and follow the herd, I am positive you would have never responded in the last thread. Why? Because you were running out of an argument. I even pointed that out to you. You told me I had an attitude and that you were through debating with me. That clearly didn't happen, you can't swallow your pride. That's not my fault.

Remember? "Sweetheart?"

Ignored.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sweenmasheen said:

I feel for you brother, I really do. I'm sorry you are losing friends that are giving up on a game that is still evolving in some ways. This game isnt done and we as a community are growing with it. It has always been the case. I'm not sure if they are friends IRL or in game only, but i assure you, there are more people out there who will play with you.

I never really had the luxury of playing many private matches, Believe me, Ive seen some stuff, cheaters, quitters, squeakers, exploiters. Unfortunately for some the game is closer to what it started as. Many people enjoy that fact. I absolutely feel like most of the current complaints are not much more than exaggerations. There are still some issues sure. But There are still plenty of weapons and other items. Jason is a little quicker, noticable abut not significantly. His grab is better than it was a week ago but smaller than it was at launch, a happy medium in my opinion. People shouldnt give up on a great game due to minimal changes. Im sorry that that has been your experience. 

Im still not sure that you understood my point about the title though. Negative things about the new update : it automatically lets people know how the creator feels regardless of question whether they are worded in an unbiased way or not.  We welcome new players and new forum members, if we get neither the game and the forum grows stale. There is passion on both sides and defenses are up. Some people look for fights and ways to bicker, but not all of us. The bottom line is , we all want everyone to have a blast while playing. Some people will always have more fun than others no matter what the circumstances may be. ( just like in life).  You will not be bale to please everyone , we know this. We also know that the devs went in this direction with the latest update to get back to their original vision. That is the game they always planned on making. It may break some hearts, but that is more or less the reality of it. I truly am sorry about your loss of friends thus a loss of a great experience. Somewhere on here there is a place to meet up , exchange gamer tags and make friends. It's a consolation, but its all i can give. 

I main counselors and my enjoyment has only improved with the update. In a perfect world , we all agree. Unfortunately , the world is not perfect. I am honestly a very respectful person in all aspects of life, or at least try to be. I often times play devils advocate and always try to put myself in others shoes. I also try to help and guide other with what limited knowledge and experience i have , in all aspects of life , or at least try to be. I'm sorry of it seemed like I was coming down on you or if it seemed like I wasnt trying to see your side of things. Sometimes my point gets lost in my words if that makes sense. 

Thank you for understanding me. About the Title, what else can I call it? If it's not negative? and SURE, I'll actually would like to exchange gamer tags, do you play Friday on Ps4? I'll actually add you as a friend and play with ya. You did say something about making new friends or was it someone else? Doesn't matter anymore.  Your right.

2 minutes ago, Sweenmasheen said:

Sims , he wasnt being nasty. simply stating an opinion that you more or less asked for. Theses are legit issues with the poll, things I too tried to address. 

Can the Poll be taken down?

1 minute ago, stoney said:

There is no reason to compare post count. Most of his post in any thread about counselors consist of "NERF COUNSELORS!!! They need MORE nerfs!" and half assed responses.

You have no idea what we were talking about.

If you did and you chose to reply with the context in which you showed, you're just plain trolling.

He was insisting his memory was correct above the obvious and logic.

I noted that the Devs ultimately should just respond with an accurate timeline of when item spawns were altered throughout the game history, so we wouldn't sit here for an hour arguing over whose memory is more reliable than the others

ALL you do is ATTACK.

You lost your argument with me before, stretching high for any limb you could get a hold of from the redundant tree. I'm assuming that's why you keep trying to have a go with me now.

If it wasn't for 4 other Jason players jumping on my case all at once and you gathering the audacity to ignore our recent conversation and become a sheep and follow the herd, I am positive you would have never responded in the last thread. Why? Because you were running out of an argument. I even pointed that out to you. You told me I had an attitude and that you were through debating with me. That clearly didn't happen, you can't swallow your pride. That's not my fault.

Remember? "Sweetheart?"

Ignored.

He is a HUGE known troll on the Steam forums. Don't even give him a chance, it's best to ignore, which you are already doing! ^.^

5 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Overly defensive! I don't want a "fight" or "war". I've simply pointed out that your polls are flawed. I haven't been abusive or rude about it. 

Sorry if you feel some kind of way about the poll, if I can take it down I would... But don't know how?

16 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

No, they just do infinite pallet loops, teabag stunned killers and point/taunt the killer. 

1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

They need to leave alone the changes that have now been made and focus on the effectiveness of counselor stats and perks to ensure that things like stealth and composure are as valuable as speed and stamina, depending on your role or play style. Maybe look at the match pacing as well. 

Agree