MASKOAA

Should disarmed traps have a different color icon?

This is definitely something I can get behind. Its not an issue of more information for Jason to make him stronger, its an issue of not being able to see something properly. A good example is like what they did with the objective items. They use to blur together too much when laid too close to a map marker, and correct me if Im wrong but I believe that was an issue addressed in a recent patch. 

I think everyone who plays can get behind something like this especially with the game lacking a set of colorblind modes (but who's to say something like that wont happen with the engine update)

Most definitely! Good thread! Any change of color would be great, yellow, blue, white. Something like that would be perfect for quick map referencing, and no wasted morph. It should already be implemented really, I know some of the new players have a major problem with figuring out witch trap to go to. Hell, I go to the wrong one sometimes too!

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎02 at 1:22 AM, AldermachXI said:

While I have no problem seeing which traps have been set off, I don't see why they couldn't change the color or do something else to make it more obvious.

Seems to be brought up enough that something should be done about it.

do you  mind sharing what the difference is? I haven't been able to tell which traps have been set off whenever I check.

6 hours ago, monoXide83 said:

do you  mind sharing what the difference is? I haven't been able to tell which traps have been set off whenever I check.

Traps that have been set off have the red diamond shape filled in. Traps that haven't been set off aren't filled in.

I'm sure there are factors why some people have a harder time seeing it...Console resolution, distance from screen, screen brightness/contrast...etc. I play mostly on PC and have no problem seeing which traps are set off. But I'm also 2 feet in front of a good BenQ monitor.

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Traps that have been set off have the red diamond shape filled in. Traps that haven't been set off aren't filled in.

I'm sure there are factors why some people have a harder time seeing it...Console resolution, distance from screen, screen brightness/contrast...etc. I play mostly on PC and have no problem seeing which traps are set off. But I'm also 2 feet in front of a good BenQ monitor.

Distance and resolution definitely play a factor but I think its also the fact that people still stack at least 2 traps at some places so it makes it harder to see the minute difference. I play on console with an old Vizio from almost a decade ago. Even though its a 60" and Im probably 6' away its still hard to spot it sometimes.

Just now, ThePunkPirate said:

Distance and resolution definitely play a factor but I think its also the fact that people still stack at least 2 traps at some places so it makes it harder to see the minute difference. I play on console with an old Vizio from almost a decade ago. Even though its a 60" and Im probably 6' away its still hard to spot it sometimes.

True.

I seem to get lucky in that scenario. It's usually my two clustered traps that go off first, so the process of elimination is easy.

But hey, I guess that's the part that keeps it a little challenging. In the heat of the moment, I've Morphed to the completely wrong area before. It happens. Gotta be sharp when playing Jason.

Really tough part is when counselors trip two traps in different areas. Then you have to make a choice and give something up. I personally always go for the car if that happens...Cops being called isn't too bad. A full 4-seater getting away sucks :P

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

True.

I seem to get lucky in that scenario. It's usually my two clustered traps that go off first, so the process of elimination is easy.

But hey, I guess that's the part that keeps it a little challenging. In the heat of the moment, I've Morphed to the completely wrong area before. It happens. Gotta be sharp when playing Jason.

Really tough part is when counselors trip two traps in different areas. Then you have to make a choice and give something up. I personally always go for the car if that happens...Cops being called isn't too bad. A full 4-seater getting away sucks :P

I use to always check phone first but I do the same as you now as well, Also started just trapping driver door instead of gas since there is no indicator to let a Jason know if the gas is already in or not. I like that though. Human error should always be an obstacle to overcome in asymmetrical multiplayer. Its what makes certain people poor Jason players even though, according to some, he's "OP"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

I use to always check phone first but I do the same as you now as well, Also started just trapping driver door instead of gas since there is no indicator to let a Jason know if the gas is already in or not. I like that though. Human error should always be an obstacle to overcome in asymmetrical multiplayer. Its what makes certain people poor Jason players even though, according to some, he's "OP"

Well said.

Human error absolutely needs to be a factor. I've also switched to trapping the door over the gas. Works really well.

Plus I'd rather be notified when the car is ready to go. The gas tank trap going off in the first minute is essentially a waste.

On maps like Crystal Lake, I'll hit up the washrooms first, take the med sprays, then immediately go tank all of Jason's traps. Pisses him right off, since I burn all his traps quickly lol

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I honestly never saw that... I'll have to check later.

47 minutes ago, Truth said:

I honestly never saw that... I'll have to check later.

Same here. I only recently learned that triggered traps look infinitesimally different to untriggered traps. 

In fact, the difference is SO small that I usually miss the trap-tanker when I finally figure out which one it was and morph over to them.

A GREATLY NEEDED change is to make triggered traps look significantly different than untriggered traps on the map.

Make Jason Great Again!!!

Easy change.  Turn all the trap icons to X's and O's.  Live ones are O, set off are X.  Play Tic-Tac-Toe as you trap your victims!  Silly, but it could potentially work.

Tap to Check Tripped Traps  (say that 5 times fast).

Seriously though, tripped traps should absolutely be different colors. I have a rather rare eye disease and really have to focus to tell the difference because the icons are so similar, and the sheen effect on them doesn't help either.

I love the idea of having different colors for set vs. triggered traps.  The differences as they are now are far too subtle.  

I have really bad red/green color blindness. Can we please get a color blind friendly UI for Jason's traps on his map? I can barely see the difference between a clean trap and a used trap because of the red glow, it's particularly difficult when it's next to a red car so it blends in even more. This is extremely frustrating, I often have to just guess which trap was tripped between the two cars or box. Does anyone else have this issue and have the devs ever spoken about the possibility of making it clearer to see? 

@osu16bit, I have merged your topic into an existing conversation, to help give your comment a spot in the discussion. This not only helps keep the forums tidy, but also gives your voice a better chance to be heard. In the future, by using the search function, you can give yourself that same advantage by contributing to an existing thread rather than creating a new one.

Does a disarmed trap with a knife show the same icon as a tanked trap (besides the fact that Jason doesn’t get alerted)? A disarmed trap with a knife should stay as is while a tanked trap should light up as a different color.

On 3/23/2018 at 4:37 PM, osu16bit said:

I have really bad red/green color blindness. Can we please get a color blind friendly UI for Jason's traps on his map? I can barely see the difference between a clean trap and a used trap because of the red glow, it's particularly difficult when it's next to a red car so it blends in even more. This is extremely frustrating, I often have to just guess which trap was tripped between the two cars or box. Does anyone else have this issue and have the devs ever spoken about the possibility of making it clearer to see? 

I'm not colorblind and I have issues seeing the difference. I'm usually racing though when I hear go off and trying to get there as fast as can. I could prob use a larger monitor to see better detail..

On 2/23/2018 at 10:37 AM, AldermachXI said:

Well said.

On maps like Crystal Lake, I'll hit up the washrooms first, take the med sprays, then immediately go tank all of Jason's traps. Pisses him right off, since I burn all his traps quickly lol

This is why med sprays and medic need to be cut down, bear traps should break legs or require heavy bandages.

Traps that haven’t been sprung should be yellow, and those that have been triggered should be red. I also think that once a trap has been sprung, Jason should be able to place a new one in the exact same spot, should he want to.