So im one of those people that dont really know about pre-ordering just yet, since i still got some questions that i feel havent got answered. 

So heres the questions. 

1. On the Steam page it says ''Cross-platform'' will this mean i can buy it on PC and my friends on PS4 will be able to play with me? (If that is the case, halleluja.) 

2. What will the recommended PC specs for the game most likely be?

3. Do Jason's kills become unlocked as you progress in the game? and are there anything the counselors can unlock? 

• Like 1

So im one of those people that dont really know about pre-ordering just yet, since i still got some questions that i feel havent got answered. 

So heres the questions. 

1. On the Steam page it says ''Cross-platform'' will this mean i can buy it on PC and my friends on PS4 will be able to play with me? (If that is the case, halleluja.) 

3. Do Jason's kills become unlocked as you progress in the game? and are there anything the counselors can unlock? 

It would be cool if you got more creative and better kills as you progressed as Jason.

• Like 1

It's not a confirmed feature yet but they're looking into cross-platform play, and yes that means that you can play with friends on different platforms.

They haven't finished adding stuff to the game so they can't give any specs yet, but you're likely going to need a pretty beefy computer since the game is running on Unreal Engine 4.

Can't really answer the third thing since I'm not a dev.

• Like 1

I think these questions are best for the devs as none have confirmed answers yet. PC specs wont be out till the game is completed its hard for them to say what they will be when they are still in production stages

• Like 1

It's not a confirmed feature yet but they're looking into cross-platform play, and yes that means that you can play with friends on different platforms.

They haven't finished adding stuff to the game so they can't give any specs yet, but you're likely going to need a pretty beefy computer since the game is running on Unreal Engine 4.

Can't really answer the third thing since I'm not a dev.

Does engine really have much to do with it though? It can't be too big or complicated of a game.

Does engine really have much to do with it though? It can't be too big or complicated of a game.

It's kind of a big deal, considering it controls literally every aspect of what creators can do with the game.

It's kind of a big deal, considering it controls literally every aspect of what creators can do with the game.

When I asked on Twitter about the system requirements they said it's going to be around the same as the specs needed for the Virtual Cabin right now. Obviously it's subject to change but it's a good baseline

Below are the recommended specs for Dead by Daylight. Friday will be a little bit larger scale, and possibly better looking, so you can pretty safely assume something around DbD's specs will allow you to play Friday the 13th in some fashion. 

• Recommended:
    • OS: 64-bit Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 8 & Windows 8.1 or above)
    • Processor: Intel Core i3-4170 or AMD FX-8300 or higher
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: DX11 Compatible GeForce 760 or AMD HD 8800 or higher with 4GB of RAM
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 15 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DX11 compatible

So heres the questions. 

1. We hope to get people playing on Xbox One, PS4 and PC together. Not guaranteed...but we're aiming for it. 

2. Min are posted, recommended will be along shortly. 

3. We'll be revealing the unlock system in a bit as well. We've been working on something cool for everyone :).

• Like 4

1. We hope to get people playing on Xbox One, PS4 and PC together. Not guaranteed...but we're aiming for it. 

2. Min are posted, recommended will be along shortly. 

3. We'll be revealing the unlock system in a bit as well. We've been working on something cool for everyone :).

you just made my day!  cross platform is still an option  thanks 

• Like 1

Oh man! I hope this game can do cross-platform play! That would be so awesome!

It would be awesome. I have friends who own both consoles and PCs, so were all pretty spread out. It would be cool if we can all play together. I know it's technically possible, I'm just not sure what kind of deals have to be made to make it happen or if the budget would support those deals.

It would be awesome. I have friends who own both consoles and PCs, so were all pretty spread out. It would be cool if we can all play together. I know it's technically possible, I'm just not sure what kind of deals have to be made to make it happen or if the budget would support those deals.

It's not possible in the sense of what you're describing; not currently at least. All cross-platform play does is make for a larger pool of total players so you're not waiting long lengths of time to get 8 people in a room and start a match. So instead of having 4000 players on each individual platform (Xbox, PS4, and PC), everyone has 12,000 players to play with when cross-platform is enabled. Party building, player searching, and group chat is still controlled within the specific console environment though, so you can't play on an Xbox and send a party invite to a PS4 player, and vice versa. In other words, you'd have to get incredibly lucky that you and your friends all got thrown into the same server while searching for a match at the same time. The only real workaround to this that I can think of would require the game itself to allow you to search for specific players and join their game if there's an opening, although this won't solve the party building or private chat issues... Sorry to kill your buzz, but I wouldn't want you to have these high expectations for something that currently isn't possible within Xbox Live and PSN's current framework.

Below are the recommended specs for Dead by Daylight. Friday will be a little bit larger scale, and possibly better looking, so you can pretty safely assume something around DbD's specs will allow you to play Friday the 13th in some fashion. 

• Recommended:
    • OS: 64-bit Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 8 & Windows 8.1 or above)
    • Processor: Intel Core i3-4170 or AMD FX-8300 or higher
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: DX11 Compatible GeForce 760 or AMD HD 8800 or higher with 4GB of RAM
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 15 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DX11 compatible

Alright, neat!

• Like 1

It's not possible in the sense of what you're describing; not currently at least. All cross-platform play does is make for a larger pool of total players so you're not waiting long lengths of time to get 8 people in a room and start a match. So instead of having 4000 players on each individual platform (Xbox, PS4, and PC), everyone has 12,000 players to play with when cross-platform is enabled. Party building, player searching, and group chat is still controlled within the specific console environment though, so you can't play on an Xbox and send a party invite to a PS4 player, and vice versa. In other words, you'd have to get incredibly lucky that you and your friends all got thrown into the same server while searching for a match at the same time. The only real workaround to this that I can think of would require the game itself to allow you to search for specific players and join their game if there's an opening, although this won't solve the party building or private chat issues... Sorry to kill your buzz, but I wouldn't want you to have these high expectations for something that currently isn't possible within Xbox Live and PSN's current framework.

That's not necessarily true. I'm pretty sure that in that short lived shadowrun MP game you could party cross platform as well. So it is possible.

In a way, yes. For instance... AMD CPU's historically have bad performance with Unreal Engine, including the newest version of the engine.

And with all the contextual based kills, and scripting, it's likely the game will be pretty complicated actually.

One thing I have run into, is the textures look really muddy in the Virtual Cabin for me, and I'm not sure if for some reason the game's just not loading the textures quite right, or if there's something going on other than that, but I've seen graphics that looks much better, and I have a pretty beefy rig.