Sign in to follow this  
TheBigFlounder

Jason too easy to kill?

Hey guys, this is something I have been thinking about for quite some time.

So, over the last few days I have noticed that a lot of the time I am playing, especially as a counselor, we have managed to kill Jason multiple times. As in, about 5 or 6 minutes into the game and he's already dead. This also goes for when I am playing as Jason. (Granted i'm only getting back into the game after a hiatus and i'm not the greatest Jason). I'm all for balancing the game but Jason is meant to be overpowered after all, is he not? And I feel either playing as a counselor or Jason and constantly killing him takes away from the true monster Jason is. Anyways, that's just my two cents, i'd like to hear your guys thoughts on this.

^This. I've contributed very often to killing Jason right after the October patch, though I don't know what it's like now - haven't tried it since the latest patch. 

I don't think it needs a "nerf" either since most of the time, the sweater doesn't even work. 

Not now. Devs have given Jason his swagger back. It can certainly still be done, but not at the frequency before this latest patch.

He is only easy to kill if he is a new player not seeing it coming. But what this game does need is a “sequel” of sorts. What I mean is, Jason doesn’t die in the same way every movie. I think the devs should come up with a patch every year featuring a new way to kill Jason, but keep it a deeply held secret. When that happens the current technique won’t work, but the sweater could still be kept around for stun purposes. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

He is only easy to kill if he is a new player not seeing it coming. But what this game does need is a “sequel” of sorts. What I mean is, Jason doesn’t die in the same way every movie. I think the devs should come up with a patch every year featuring a new way to kill Jason, but keep it a deeply held secret. When that happens the current technique won’t work, but the sweater could still be kept around for stun purposes. 

What about having different ways of killing Jason based on what Jason it is and what map it is on? 

That way it's up to the counselors to recognise what Jason it is and on whatever map they need to do a particular thing if they want to kill him.

• Like 1

I think he’s trolling the “it’s too hard to escape” that the whiney noobs opened up

47 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

What about having different ways of killing Jason based on what Jason it is and what map it is on? 

That way it's up to the counselors to recognise what Jason it is and on whatever map they need to do a particular thing if they want to kill him.

I’d be concerned that 9 different kills would be too complex and introduce more bugs into the game.  It would be better to focus on one and make it as good as it can be. 

rough estimate, but 3/5 QP lobbies I've played in had players attempting to kill Jason. only 1/3 lobbies were successful in killing him. Gathering Tommy and a sweater volunteer seems to be the easy part. Getting the scenario together and executing the kill is the hard part imo. For some reason Jason glitch slides all over the place once we get him on his knees...... oh, I also wouldn't recommend doing this if the Host is Jason :unsure:

5 minutes ago, silencedeffect said:

rough estimate, but 3/5 QP lobbies I've played in had players attempting to kill Jason. only 1/3 lobbies were successful in killing him. Gathering Tommy and a sweater volunteer seems to be the easy part. Getting the scenario together and executing the kill is the hard part imo. For some reason Jason glitch slides all over the place once we get him on his knees...... oh, I also wouldn't recommend doing this if the Host is Jason :unsure:

I increased the salt content of a Jason kill squad tonight because I morphed away once the mask was off. To me it was obvious from the beginning that was the way it was going down because the first person died way too easy. Also the lobby was filled with strong and fast characters. No fixers. They were sending me measages and everything trying lure me out. After the match I told them to not be so obvious or go after newbies. Denying them the kill was infinitely more pleasing than the potential kill or two I might have gotten out of it. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I increased the salt content of a Jason kill squad tonight because I morphed away once the mask was off. To me it was obvious from the beginning that was the way it was going down because the first person died way too easy. Also the lobby was filled with strong and fast characters. No fixers. They were sending me measages and everything trying lure me out. After the match I told them to not be so obvious or go after newbies. Denying them the kill was infinitely more pleasing than the potential kill or two I might have gotten out of it. :)

Haha smart! I've seen a Jason morph out of that situation before and thought it was hilarious since all that team work went down the drain in an instant. Usually all the counselors get salty at Tommy for not pressing the right button or at the person that "screwed it up with an extra hit"

With the new patch it shouldn’t be easy to kill jason, as long as the jason is halfway decent. i played in a private with good counselors after the patch and the jason’s were clearing lobbies or getting damn near close, and at this point if you are jason and getting close to being killed just take the L and let it happen. you shouldn’t have let them get that far anyways. plus nine times out of ten the sweater won’t work so then you can kill them all in a group.

26 minutes ago, Riot_Dame said:

With the new patch it shouldn’t be easy to kill jason, as long as the jason is halfway decent. i played in a private with good counselors after the patch and the jason’s were clearing lobbies or getting damn near close, and at this point if you are jason and getting close to being killed just take the L and let it happen. you shouldn’t have let them get that far anyways. plus nine times out of ten the sweater won’t work so then you can kill them all in a group.

Uh... no. When it is obvious that the gang has their strategy down pat I am not going to simply sit back and “let it happen”.  Screw that. If they need my assistance in order to kill me, then they have already failed before they began. Maybe they should try the cops, car or boat instead if they want extra XP at the end of the match. 

Oh, and I reappeared back in front of them with 15 seconds left in the game just to spite them. :P 

Plus, these are the kind of people that choose to suicide if the plan fails. 

2 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Uh... no. When it is obvious that the gang has their strategy down pat I am not going to simply sit back and “let it happen”.  Screw that. If they need my assistance in order to kill me, then they have already failed before they began. Maybe they should try the cops, car or boat instead if they want extra XP at the end of the match. 

To each their own play style. I never go out of my way to kill a jason unless they fucked me over some how in a previous game. I didn’t really mean let them kill you but don’t run away. Morph and get your shit together then go kill the bitches. I’ve found knifing the person with the sweater or tommy from a distance then slash killing them makes it easier. sorry, i’m bad with wording shit at 3 am. 

They made it too easy to kill Jason so dumb people can have the illusion they have skill so that they keep playing. Avoid lobbies with these people they suck all the fun out of the game. I see these people that stream and i play with occasionly and every match is the same they all grab weapons , fix absolutey nothing and then the rest of the match just go running straight at Jason swinging doing more damage to each other than Jason and either kill Jason or are all dead before you can even get the gas you found at the beginning of the game to the car. If they don't kill Jason its because of crappy game mechanics but if they do it's because they are the best players in the world.

Truth be told the game was nerfed so stupid people could have a false illusion of skill so they don't switch to Dead by Daylight that supplies that false illusion well. They have from what i can tell one skilled player in their squad and hail him as the end all be all Jason that nobody has ever escaped but all he does is throwing knife and slash with Part 3 against his people because he knows they are just gonna rush him like chickens with their heads cut off then if he faces people he dont know plays the Try Hard Part 2 game.

Play the game the way it's supposed to be played, you will never get truly better at the game if all you do every game is run around like a pack of idiots hitting Jason and each other. Fix objectives and make Jason chase you not you chase Jason and when he least suspects it turn around and lay him out. Killing Jason should be none by beautiful architecture within the course of a normal match. Ain't no fun when every match is a race to see if Jason or the counselors will find the Tommy House first and that decides the whole game

And when you are Jason don't make it all about yourself using the same Part 2 and 3 Try Hard tactics. Remember when you are Jason you are the entertainment, make the game fun for people and not just use annoying little bitch tactics. A Jason that stalk shifts you and gives you a cool kill cares about you and is more skilled than the Jason who only cares about himself who only that does nothing but exploit Slash, Choke and Kill with the same two Jason's

1 hour ago, Raychronic420 said:

And when you are Jason don't make it all about yourself using the same Part 2 and 3 Try Hard tactics. Remember when you are Jason you are the entertainment, make the game fun for people and not just use annoying little bitch tactics. A Jason that stalk shifts you and gives you a cool kill cares about you and is more skilled than the Jason who only cares about himself who only that does nothing but exploit Slash, Choke and Kill with the same two Jason's

I'm a "Try Hard" counselor, and when I'm Jason, I'm a "Try Hard" Jason.  If a player is consistently dying to Shashing Jasons, they are not as good as may think they are.   Jason isn't there to FIGHT the counselors, he is there to KILL THEM FOR MOMMY!!!!  Employ any dirty tactic to efficiently kill.  My counselors skills are pretty good... do you think as Jason I want to fight that head on?  No Fuck'n Way.   I'd rather figure a way to creep up on me and make the kill unfair and unchallenged.

3 hours ago, Raychronic420 said:

when you are Jason don't make it all about yourself using the same Part 2 and 3 Try Hard tactics. Remember when you are Jason you are the entertainment, make the game fun for people and not just use annoying little bitch tactics. A Jason that stalk shifts you and gives you a cool kill cares about you and is more skilled than the Jason who only cares about himself who only that does nothing but exploit Slash, Choke and Kill with the same two Jason's

I payed $40 dollars to play this game and be entertained, I'm not here to entertain or impress you. If you don't like the kills I use, sorry I do and I'm gonna keep using them. As long as people aren't griefing or Trolling they aren't doing anything wrong. 

• Like 2

Jason should at least be able to put his mask back on if it's knocked off and he finds it. That would give more incentive to get the bastard that knocked it off and stashed it in his inventory. Once Jason's mask is off and being unable to put it back on is kinda silly. Also with the new LEGENDARY PERKS coming out...that is gonna put Jason at an even greater disadvantage unless they give him some kind of new buff too.  Jason should be feared bottomline...not toyed with by arrogant overpowered counselors. Nonetheless I still will continue to butcher all in my path despite Developers continually giving counselors advantages. smh

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raychronic420 said:

Play the game the way it's supposed to be played

Please provide a list of the "Raychronic420 Official Friday the 13th Marquis of Queensbury Rules for Quick Play"

Because inquiring minds want to know.

1 hour ago, AdmiralJT said:

I payed $40 dollars to play this game and be entertained, I'm not here to entertain or impress you. If you don't like the kills I use, sorry I do and I'm gonna keep using them. As long as people aren't griefing or Trolling they aren't doing anything wrong. 

Could not agree more.  As Jason, I will slash if I feel that it's going to be the most efficient method for a particular counselor or play style.

11 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

As Jason, I will slash if I feel that it's going to be the most efficient method for a particular counselor or play style.

I would add that it's not just about being efficient, visually my favourite kill is the one handed choke. I would never tell someone to stop using the Free kick he leveled up and spent his CP to get no matter how ridiculous I think it is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I would add that it's not just about being efficient, visually my favourite kill is the one handed choke. I would never tell someone to stop using the Free kick he leveled up and spent his CP to get no matter how ridiculous I think it is.

Of course.  People should play how they want, that's part of what makes QP so tantalizing: who's going to be in your lobby, let alone selected as Jason?  Will it be an accomplished Jason player who should probably be on the FBI watch list IRL because of how well he kills strangers in a video game, or will it be a squeaker whose parents are actively coaching him while Dueling Banjos plays in the background?

7 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Of course.  People should play how they want, that's part of what makes QP so tantalizing: who's going to be in your lobby, let alone selected as Jason?  Will it be an accomplished Jason player who should probably be on the FBI watch list IRL because of how well he kills strangers in a video game, or will it be a squeaker whose parents are actively coaching him while Dueling Banjos plays in the background?

It's really sad that we've gotten to a place where I can't come home after work have a couple of pops, and commit a few harmless murders without being criticized for not making them entertaining enough.

• Haha 1

On 3/14/2018 at 6:32 AM, AdmiralJT said:

It's really sad that we've gotten to a place where I can't come home after work have a couple of pops, and commit a few harmless murders without being criticized for not making them entertaining enough.

Basic players do basic things, skilled players entertain because...well, they can. :D

• Like 1

Seeing how I've witnessed the process of killing Jason glitch-fail more often than I've seen it work, no, I don't think it's become too easy to kill him.