Sign in to follow this  
ResolutionBlaze

"Composure" Mini-Game While Hiding

Ben said they are working hard to balance fear so I may as well put my two cents in even though this has probably already been considered.

I think there should be "composure" mini-games when you're hiding from Jason, just so Jason doesn't sit in the same room he knows you're hiding in until you start showing signs of fear.

Similar to Dead By Daylight's "skill check" system.  It's a quick little ten second mini-game that pops up every few moments that Jason is near, and depending on your survivor's composure skill depends on the frequency of these mini-games, the length of them, the end result of finishing successfully, the effect of failing, and so on.

What I had in mind was that there is a circle that appears on screen and a smaller dot.  You have to maintain this dot inside the circle for several moments by moving your mouse while the circle goes across the screen getting smaller and smaller (if you've played Jun-on The Grudge you know what I'm playing at).  Each movement of the mouse is hyper sensitive and slides across the screen forcing you to keep calm and maintain it slowly.  If the dot is outside of the circle for more than three seconds, you fail and your fear spikes.

If you succeed, your fear dips down to very low and calm levels (depending on your composure skill of course; the lower the skill the less it effects you when winning and the more when losing, which is balanced by the amount of times the mini-game appears).

Thoughts?  Different mini-game ideas?

I like that idea. It will really add some spice to the game. The mini games I play on F13th as AJ when fixing the car,boat, or fuse box is quite easy with her repair level of 7/10. Having a composure mini game should be difficult of course for low composure characters such as chad. It should be equivalent in difficulty as a counselor with low repair stats repairing a car, with each mistake giving Jason the ability to sense that counselors for longer periods of time due to their mini game errors. In the current game meta, Character like AJ with good composure and stealth along with sense avoiding perks have a higher chance of avoiding Jason's sense even in late game when Jason's rage is on. Then again, the game is doing well without the mini game. It just means, player have to select AJ and Jenny to have a higher chance to evade Jason.