AldermachXI

Hitting Jason through Doors - Intended or Not?

Should you be able to hit THROUGH doors?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to hit THROUGH doors?

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

while you're swinging away at a door you're wasting valuable time you could have been using to put some distance between you and Jason.

That is not true.  Wasting time while Jason is around is at the advantage of counselor.  Putting distance between you and Jason doesn't matter, since he will close that distance easily.  On the other hand, delaying Jason from breaking that door down keeps you safe inside longer and buys time for others to do all kind of things happen (or nothing in a public lobby <_< ).  Just make sure you keep track of your weapons durability and have a replacement in mind (I keep track of all weapons from the cabins I've visited).

3 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

That is not true.  Wasting time while Jason is around is at the advantage of counselor.  Putting distance between you and Jason doesn't matter, since he will close that distance easily.  On the other hand, delaying Jason from breaking that door down keeps you safe inside longer and buys time for others to do all kind of things happen (or nothing in a public lobby <_< ).  Just make sure you keep track of your weapons durability and have a replacement in mind (I keep track of all weapons from the cabins I've visited).

Agreed. Granted I have people try this on me much more in public than private so that's why I mention the wasting time and staying in that cabin being a detriment to them.

4 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

Agreed. Granted I have people try this on me much more in public than private so that's why I mention the wasting time and staying in that cabin being a detriment to them.

LOL, well if their plans doesn't extend beyond that one cabin, then yea.  Usually I'm just buying time for something to happen, say a car start.  Usually that would out prioritize me.... but then again sometime I annoy the Jason soo much he'll just allow the 4-seater to leave, kinda makes me feel special  :wub:

4 hours ago, CultLeader said:

As I already said it is most unfortunate that you have kids because they likely will be tainted with your narrow mindedness and vulgarity. It severely dampens my mood knowing that you do not want to tap my ass. So so sad ;)

Btw you ran out of arguments 2 pages ago.

WOW! So that's the legendary Pappus huh? Classy fella there! All you devoted worshippers should be proud of your Idol! What a joke! He starts a new account to harass the guys here, and gets banned in a matter of hours.

18 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

Yeah, the door combat stuff is easy to deal with really. It's only useful to damask and get some easy stuns. I don't mess with it for the reasons you stated about weapon endurance, and I think it's kinda cheap. I don't mind if it stays though. Jason can smack them as well, so I think it's fair game!

28 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

LOL, well if their plans doesn't extend beyond that one cabin, then yea.  Usually I'm just buying time for something to happen, say a car start.  Usually that would out prioritize me.... but then again sometime I annoy the Jason soo much he'll just allow the 4-seater to leave, kinda makes me feel special  :wub:

Cabins are good for wasting time only against the Jason who is susceptible to door hits, but beyond that it is actually safer out in the open where you will never be trapped in a corner ready to be grabbed, and never hit obstacles / furniture instead of Jason. The only thing you will have to be concerned about is Shift, and landing a good hit when the time comes (for more stamina). Also more space for dodge cancel which will be enable safe hits. Majority of the time though it's just jog, and sprint for a second to open distance when need be.

Cabins can good for looping against the average Jason, which is best done with doors left open (as he will typically just open them enabling them to be closed again), as well as resources and stamina gain providing there is light and closets to temporarily jump into for a boost (if it is safe to). Against any good Jason however, it is just a matter of how well he reads you / predicts your movement and looping can be over quite quickly.

In regards to cabin combat, a good Jason will be turning every corner / walking into every entrance blocking in CS, so surprise hits will not be possible and you are likely to get grabbed directly after he has blocked.

7 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Cabins are good for wasting time only against the Jason who is susceptible to door hits, but beyond that it is actually safer out in the open where you will never be trapped in a corner, and never hit obstacles / furniture instead of Jason. The only thing you will have to be concerned about is Shift, and landing a good hit when the time comes (for more stamina). Majority of the time it's just jog, and sprint for a second to open distance when need be.

Oh I'm aware of that, lol.  >:D.  Jason is most dangerous when he knows where you're at while you don't know where he is,  Indoors or out.  Indoors with healthy locked door with escape windows is by far the safest place, and the only way to not deal with shift-grab.  If you can delay that door from going down, you should.   If you're dealing with Jason outdoors, KNOW WHERE HE IS and WHAT IS HE DOING, otherwise you're in trouble :o

17 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Oh I'm aware of that, lol.  >:D.  Jason is most dangerous when he knows where you're at while you don't know where he is,  Indoors or out.  Indoors with healthy door is by far the safest place, and the only way to not deal with shift-grab.  If you can delay that door from going down, you should.   If you're dealing with Jason outdoors, KNOW WHERE HE IS and WHAT IS HE DOING, otherwise you're in trouble :o

I honestly don't remember the last time I was Shift-grabbed. Majority of Jasons have no aim and do not even know that executing grab or slash out of Shift only cancels, hence there is a delay on those actions where it can be easily avoided. Against good counselors, it is not easy to Shift grab at all, and Shift is better used simply as a stamina drain tactic by leaving it on forcing the counselor to sprint.

EDIT: windows are also an easy way for you to get crippled. Even when jumping through a healthy window, the invisible window barrier can be penetrated by attacking in combat stance, breaking the window causing damage and then followed with a throwing knife once counselor gets up. At that point they are crippled, and without med spray they are soon dead. During this whole time the counselor can do nothing to stop being damaged.

In fact, once counselor gets up, throwing knife can be executed and then quickly cancelled with attack on the window still resulting in the same damage.

TL;DR windows are not your friend.

8 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I honestly don't remember the last time I was Shift-grabbed. Majority of Jasons have no aim and do not even know that executing grab or slash out of Shift only cancels, hence there is a delay on those actions where it can be easily avoided. Against good counselors, it is not easy to Shift grab at all, and Shift is better used simply as a stamina drain tactic by leaving it on forcing the counselor to sprint.

EDIT: windows are also an easy way for you to get crippled. Even when jumping through a healthy window, the invisible window barrier can be penetrated by attacking in combat stance, breaking the window causing damage and then followed with a throwing knife once counselor gets up. At that point they are crippled, and without med spray they are soon dead. During this whole time the counselor can do nothing to stop being damaged.

No offense Tommy, but you seem to be talking to me as if I'm a bad player, lol.  Shift-grab is alway a threat.  The problem is we run into sooooo many bad Jason's that we get complacence.  Shift grab is most dangerous when you don't realize it's coming, from a distance with stalk, not when you're kiting Jason behind you.  Even when being chased, the Jason could be skilled (or lucky), and you should minimize the amount you have to deal with when you can.

As for windows, I'm referring to them as a escape out the cabin as Jason takes a final swing down the door.  I then stay near the window to see what Jason does.  Does he morph out, shift out, Stalk?  If you know what Jason is doing, then you can think of a counter and get yourself to the next safe location.  Yes, a good Jason can cripple you if he is behind you and anticipates that your going for "That" window.  You have to keep Jason guessing as well to remain safe.

26 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

No offense Tommy, but you seem to be talking to me as if I'm a bad player, lol.  Shift-grab is alway a threat.  The problem is we run into sooooo many bad Jason's that we get complacence.  Shift grab is most dangerous when you don't realize it's coming, from a distance with stalk, not when you're kiting Jason behind you.  Even when being chased, the Jason could be skilled (or lucky), and you should minimize the amount you have to deal with when you can.

Sorry didn't mean it that way. I should've specified it's when a Jason is already on you and in clear view. Stalk Shift is deadly, definitely. It's really the only viable way to Shift grab against good players IMO.

2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Sorry didn't mean it that way. I should've specified it's when a Jason is already on you and in clear view. Stalk Shift is deadly, definitely. It's really the only viable way to Shift grab against good players IMO.

Shift stalk is useless against good players lmao, there's notifications for both unless you are out of the range and at that point you don't need to use stalk, also with a jason trying to get out of range of notification I will just go indoors.

You should also know that there is a difference between the audio queues between stalk and shift so you can differentiate them

13 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Terrible. Combat through doors is a really bad addition for Jason. It only benefit the counselors and makes +Destruction dependant Jasons (like Part 4) less efficient in their pressure.

Also, fix hit detection and buff Jason's weapon range!

Wrong. If a Counselor wants to hit Jason, they risk taking damage as well. All it does for Jason is slightly delays the door breaking.

It's good to have.

7 hours ago, kohagan said:

Jason might not like getting poked through the hole, especially if it's with a blunt object. 

I mean with the size of the door, I see it more easier to poke him then hit him through the door lol 

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I mean with the size of the door, I see it more easier to poke him then hit him through the door lol 

I don't want to see poor Jason getting poked through the hole, especially with a baseball bat. It would make anyone's eyes water. 

When a door is about 95% broken It make some sense, but when a door is not even damaged It is annoying when it happens.

14 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We've been discussing this topic and combat mechanics in general.
How do you all feel about combat through the doors?
How many of you prefer it the way it is and why?

@AldermachXI can you make this a poll?

6 minutes ago, kohagan said:

I don't want to see poor Jason getting poked through the hole, especially with a baseball bat. It would make anyone's eyes water. 

True but look at the door being broken in the game, swinging through the door would stop the bat before it hit Jason lol But it's a game so I'm not breaking a sweat but if you wanna poke Jason through the hole I say use feathers to try and tickle him xD 

9 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

True but look at the door being broken in the game, swinging through the door would stop the bat before it hit Jason lol But it's a game so I'm not breaking a sweat but if you wanna poke Jason through the hole I say use feathers to try and tickle him xD 

Poking Jason through the hole isn't an impossible idea, as long as he consents. 

30 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

Wrong. If a Counselor wants to hit Jason, they risk taking damage as well.

How? Show me a match where this happened.

32 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

All it does for Jason is slightly delays the door breaking.

Exactly. It makes +Destruction Jasons less efficient in their pressure when chasing down counselors.

7 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

How? Show me a match where this happened.

Jason can also hit through doors. I've had it happen many times.

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Jason can also hit through doors. I've had it happen many times.

That if Jason's weapon doesn't strikes the wall instead.

18 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Poking Jason through the hole isn't an impossible idea, as long as he consents. 

He's busting down my door, he has consent 

Just now, NoOneK9503 said:

I can't say for sure that ALL Jasons can hit through doors, but I know damn well I've been crippled because I tried to place a trap or barricade the door at the last second. Standing too close when he starts hacking is risky.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Evidently it's him, or someone posing as him.

Definitely has his usual stink.

I’d hope someone as lame as Pappus wouldn’t have an impersonator.  How truly pathetic that would be.  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

If you're using combat stance, you risk your weapon getting stuck. If you're using the animation, your weapon won't get stuck.

Either way though, you can still hit the Counselor on the other side.

5 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

If you're using combat stance, you risk your weapon getting stuck. If you're using the animation, your weapon won't get stuck.

Either way though, you can still hit the Counselor on the other side.

Generally doesn't get stuck if you push yourself up against the door as much as possible, and clip almost your full body through it on the hit.