Jump to content
AldermachXI

Hitting Jason through Doors - Intended or Not?

Should you be able to hit THROUGH doors?  

210 members have voted

  1. 1. Should you be able to hit THROUGH doors?

    • Yes
      69
    • No
      141


Recommended Posts

The balance with doors is clearly that they themselves are intended to slow Jason down the necessary amount. It's one thing to run up to Jason and stun him while he's taking down a door if you're outside too. But hitting him through the door seems completely cheesy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

That would stop you from spewing it.

Well buddy, I'm rubber and you're glue. And we all know how that ends. 

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

But hitting him through the door seems completely cheesy.

It's frustrating as fuck at times, but it's something you see in a lot of horror movies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We've been discussing this topic and combat mechanics in general.
How do you all feel about combat through the doors?
How many of you prefer it the way it is and why?

It makes sense to be hit through a giant hole in a door but i have seen Jason's getting hit through solid doors that aren't broken at all. That needs to not happen

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Can't handle the bantz my man.

Oh Jesus, you got me! The goddamn bantz strikes again. 

The bantz is my Kryptonite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

Can't handle the bantz my man.

But your banter is shit and not humourous in anyway.

Banter is a good humoured exchange between people. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We've been discussing this topic and combat mechanics in general.
How do you all feel about combat through the doors?
How many of you prefer it the way it is and why?

You definitely shouldn’t t be able to. It’s obvious this wasn’t intended since the hitboxes need some serious work and there’s no “attack through hole in the door” animation present. It looks really cheap and it makes breaking down doors more of a chore for Jasons without destruction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Terrible. Combat through doors is a really bad addition for Jason. It only benefit the counselors and makes +Destruction dependant Jasons (like Part 4) less efficient in their pressure.

Also, fix hit detection and buff Jason's weapon range!

Hit detection and stun on Jason wasn’t changed at all, grab was barely changed, Jason was made a tad Faster, the only thing that has really changed is there is less weapons(Still more than plenty to beat up and easily kill Jason) and pocket knives. People who think Jason is much more effective are drinking coolaide. I stunned Jason 2 times in a row with a damn Pot yesterday, and when we wanted to kill him and beat on him it was just as easy. Yesterday was the 1st day I played this game in a month, and will be the last until this game until real changes are made.

Roy is fast but that’s about it, the devs made his music louder to make the illusion that he’s more scary than he is,  it’s a simple trick (watch the original Halloween without sound, it’s not scary) I was hoping the game would be closer to the game I  played in October , it’s not even close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad the developers chimed in here. I don't think counselors should be able to stun Jason through the door, it just seems sloppy in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Weak with the banter, weak with the insults, weak as a counselor post-patch. Pretty much weak all-round. :lol:

This level of weak is no longer worth anymore of my time. I'm out. :)

I agree, I’m out as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AldermachXI I didn't expect to read this kind of stuff from you. Door combat is the most basic thing to understand - counselors can hit Jason through it just as Jason can hit counselors through it. For this to even work, counselor needs to be in combat stance and Jason needs to be hitting out of canned door animation (ideally through CS). For example, if you ever have a counselor barricading a door while you are it, you will hit them through it as Jason while they are doing soFrom a technical perspective, there is no door

Anyway this explanation could've been done without because there are 2 ways to negate door combat -

1. Perform regular combat stance attack at a distance

2. Perform free swing attack in CS with a very quick and very light tap of right trigger / attack button at the side of the door. This is so you can perform horizontal free swings without getting sucked into the canned animation, since you are in CS.

In either case, the attack can be cancelled with block on hit for extra safety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The time we get a dev or someone important to come here and you start arguing with each other, now i know why they don't talk with us as much....<_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

People who think Jason is much more effective are drinking coolaide.

I think a lot of people heard that Jason got more powerful and they started acting as if. Soon that spell will wear off and we'll be back to normal, minus a couple of pocket knife-less counselors. 

4 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

@AldermachXI I didn't expect to read this kind of stuff from you. Door combat is the most basic thing to understand

Are you calling him stupid? Because according to the language that's what it looks like. Don't worship Pappus. He'll turn you into an asshole. And you're not right all the time either so calm down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

@AldermachXI I didn't expect to read this kind of stuff from you. Door combat is the most basic thing to understand - counselors can hit Jason through it just as Jason can hit counselors through it. For this to even work, counselor needs to be in combat stance and Jason needs to be hitting out of canned door animation (ideally through CS). For example, if you ever have a counselor barricading a door while you are it, you will hit them through it as Jason while they are doing soFrom a technical perspective, there is no door

Anyway this explanation could've been done without because there are 2 ways to negate door combat -

1. Perform regular combat stance attack at a distance

2. Perform free swing attack in CS with a very quick and very light tap of right trigger / attack button at the side of the door. This is so you can perform horizontal free swings without getting sucked into the canned animation, since you are in CS.

I don't concern myself with exploitative bullshit. I play the game with the mechanics given.

Like I said, I've been hit through doors whether or not I was using CS. So obviously there's no way to completely avoid being hit, unless you just don't hit the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I don't concern myself with exploitative bullshit. I play the game with the mechanics given.

Like I said, I've been hit through doors whether or not I was using CS. So obviously there's no way to completely avoid being hit, unless you just don't hit the door.

Yes there is. Once again -

2. Perform free swing attack in CS with a very quick and very light tap of right trigger / attack button at the side of the door. This is so you can perform horizontal free swings without getting sucked into the canned animation, since you are in CS.

I can post a video for you so you can easily see. Counselor cannot hit you if you are at the side of the door behind a wall. 

The original method which was simply using the regular Combat Stance attack still required distance. Just because you were using CS doesn't mean you weren't in range of counselor hits. The problem with using the canned animation is that you literally have no control over spacing or timing, and have long recovery frames which you can get punished during.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I think a lot of people heard that Jason got more powerful and they started acting as if. Soon that spell will wear off and we'll be back to normal, minus a couple of pocket knife-less counselors. 

Are you calling him stupid? Because according to the language that's what it looks like. Don't worship Pappus. He'll turn you into an asshole. And you're not right all the time either so calm down.

No I'm not calling him stupid. Simply that I know he's played the game for probably as long as I have, and should know better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

Yes there is. Once again -

2. Perform free swing attack in CS with a very quick and very light tap of right trigger / attack button at the side of the door. This is so you can perform horizontal free swings without getting sucked into the canned animation, since you are in CS.

I can post a video for you so you can easily see. The original method which was simply using the regular Combat Stance attack still required distance. Just because you were using CS doesn't mean you weren't in range of counselor hits. The problem with using the canned animation is that you literally have no control over spacing or timing, and have long recovery frames which you can get punished during.

No. I get what you're saying. I just don't care.

If the intended mechanic is for players to take down the door via the "canned animation" while holding the attack button, then that's all there should be to it. Hitting Jason through the door while doing so seems to be an exploit, or at least that's what the point of this thread was...to find out from the devs what the intended mechanic is.

There's already enough of a buffer between the player and Jason via a barricaded door. There's no reason the counselor should be able to stun Jason while he's doing so, unless they're gonna go outside and do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I think a lot of people heard that Jason got more powerful and they started acting as if. Soon that spell will wear off and we'll be back to normal, minus a couple of pocket knife-less counselors. 

Are you calling him stupid? Because according to the language that's what it looks like. Don't worship Pappus. He'll turn you into an asshole. And you're not right all the time either so calm down.

BINGO... you nailed it.... people are so mind weak nowadays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We've been discussing this topic and combat mechanics in general.
How do you all feel about combat through the doors?
How many of you prefer it the way it is and why?

I play on PS4. I'm fine with hitting through doors, it happened in the movies. Fix it up so when hit with a stun Jason steps back, examining his hand for damage then back to it. You could use the animation where he steps backward and stands still for a moment as a base. Then maybe add him holding up a hand for inspection, tilt of the head... Maybe a 3-4 second stun animation, Cool? As is, with part 4 J I hit a fella trying to stun me through the door just the other day. Had him limping away toward a nice toasty fireplace kill as the door came down and I hit L3 to exit from combat stance, into a run. (Which I am in agreement that it would be much better to have the dodge and block actions assigned to buttons or keys) Hey, thanks for asking for our input! I know I can speak for many by saying we appreciate it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For everyone saying its fine how about when Jason hits you your weapon goes 10 feet away and you fall back on your ass after all he's 7 feet tall hitting you with a blade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

No. I get what you're saying. I just don't care.

If the intended mechanic is for players to take down the door via the "canned animation" while holding the attack button, then that's all there should be to it. Hitting Jason through the door while doing so seems to be an exploit, or at least that's what the point of this thread was...to find out from the devs what the intended mechanic is.

There's already enough of a buffer between the player and Jason via a barricaded door. There's no reason the counselor should be able to stun Jason while he's doing so, unless they're gonna go outside and do it.

In a perfectly designed version of the game. But that's not the case and I do not see it changing. It's much easier to learn a very simple counter for it than to even argue over the topic. If a counter for it didn't exist, then I would be with you on this. But it does and is so effective it makes the problem automatically go away.

I imagine if they try to change it, they could very well probably break something in the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

In a perfectly designed version of the game. But that's not the case and I do not see it changing. It's much easier to learn a very simple counter for it than to even argue over the topic. If a counter for it didn't exist, then I would be with you on this. But it does and is so effective it makes the problem automatically go away.

I imagine if they try to change it, they could very well probably break something in the process.

If only....then I could sleep at night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AldermachXI said:

If only....then I could sleep at night.

No need to be a smart ass. In the time it's taken us to exchange opinions, you could've just learned the technique I told you and be done with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I take full advantage of hitting Jason through doors, including doors he hasn't yet even started attacking and are not broken at all, this probably shouldn't happen.

Maybe let the fire-poker, which is otherwise useless, have a special attack that can hit and *attempt* to stun jason through doors with holes in them, as shoving the poker would fit through the hole and would give a weapon we all avoid a use.  Perhaps Machetes also can attempt to impale-stun Jason with a thrust through a hole.

Bats, wrenches, pots/pans, and axes make little sense as a thrusting weapon.  And NO weapon makes sense going through a closed door, hole or no, with an overhead combat-stance attack.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

No need to be a smart ass. In the time it's taken us to exchange opinions, you could've just learned the technique I told you and be done with it. 

You'd think it was obvious by now that I don't care about anything you have to say...I guess you didn't get the clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

BINGO... you nailed it.... people are so mind weak nowadays

Not nowadays. I think people have always been like that.

7 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

No I'm not calling him stupid. Simply that I know he's played the game for probably as long as I have, and should know better.

The choice of words were used in an insulting manner. You provide great knowledge to the community. You, Alkavain and anyone else that does definitive testing on the game is the cornerstone of this forum, and as important as hearing from the devs. You have as much responsibility to the community as the mods and admins do, so you should choose your words more carefully and not come on so strong, if your goal is to make others better at the game. Otherwise it comes off as "Ha, look what I know that you don't", regardless of intention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×