AldermachXI

Hitting Jason through Doors - Intended or Not?

Should you be able to hit THROUGH doors?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to hit THROUGH doors?

• Yes
    • No

I'll be fine with Jason not being able to be hit through an intact door the day he isn't able to hit a counselor through an intact door... and not one second before.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

I'll be fine with Jason not being able to be hit through an intact door the day he isn't able to hit a counselor through an intact door... and not one second before.

Bingo. For now, it's an equal opportunity mess, which is nice.

40 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

EXCEPT that because Jason is a giant undead monster AND is actively chopping through the door it makes sense that a counselor standing on the other side of it might get hurt as the blade breaks through the wood.

And since the counselor cannot break through the door no matter how many hits they put on the door, it makes no sense that a weapon would somehow hurt Jason through the unbroken door.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

EXCEPT that because Jason is a giant undead monster AND is actively chopping through the door it makes sense that a counselor standing on the other side of it might get hurt as the blade breaks through the wood.

And since the counselor cannot break through the door no matter how many hits they put on the door, it makes no sense that a weapon would somehow hurt Jason through the unbroken door.

Exactly, I can see there being some evidence for a debate if the counsellor is hitting Jason through a door that is almost broken, but clipping Jason through an unbroken or barely broken door makes zero sense no matter how you want to slice it. 

You shouldn't be able to hit Jason through doors or windows, intact or not. I also don't think Jason should be able to break doors by attacking them. He should have to break them down through the intended prompt method with generous invincibility frames when he is finished.

• Thanks 1

Giving Jason god frames in certain scenarios would cure a lot of things. Including stun locking.

2-4 seconds where he can't be hit while moving would do wonders. Even post patch, I've seen seasoned counselors able to stun lock him to complete objectives or just to dick around or to kill him. You are powerless to stop it unless their melee breaks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

You shouldn't be able to hit Jason through doors or windows, intact or not. I also don't think Jason should be able to break doors by attacking them. He should have to break them down through the intended prompt method with generous invincibility frames when he is finished.

I agree with this. If you combat stance a door as a +Destruction Jason and do 2 heavy attacks and then a light attack, it cancels out of the 2nd heavy attack very quickly and breaks doors down in under 3 seconds which is ridiculously fast. Make the doors like the walls that Jason has to use the prompt on.

Players, Jason or counselors, hitting each other through doors is just poor design.  If the doorframes can deflect a weapon, the doors can deflect a weapon.  I do realize that doors MUST have conditional modifiers applied to them that account for their various statuses (Open, Closed, Locked, Broken), but until the door has broken or is in the open states, there is zero reason for either Jason or the Counselor to be able to land an attack THROUGH the door.

Furthermore, you know how the car smash does damage to a player who is standing too close to Jason when he executes to maneuver?  Similar should happen with the door.  If you are too close when it comes down, it should strike you similar to being by a dagger.  Wood shrapnel is a thing, and busting down a door with that amount of force should most certainly hurt anyone standing next to it.  That would resolve the sucker punch attacks that Jason's experience when busting through doors.

I'm sorry, but the amount of force it would take to just walk through a door would be comparable to a small explosion, and should be treated as such.

On 2/1/2018 at 4:12 PM, [IllFonic]Courier said:

We've been discussing this topic and combat mechanics in general.
How do you all feel about combat through the doors?
How many of you prefer it the way it is and why?

While I do enjoy swinging through the doors as a counselor when I can, I do feel that it should be removed from the game from their side. Jason I have less of a problem with when it comes to hitting through doors, since he's actually done it in the Friday movies themselves, and the risk of catching an axe head through the door adds to the overall tension of the match.

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

Giving Jason god frames in certain scenarios would cure a lot of things. Including stun locking.

2-4 seconds where he can't be hit while moving would do wonders. Even post patch, I've seen seasoned counselors able to stun lock him to complete objectives or just to dick around or to kill him. You are powerless to stop it unless their melee breaks.

I remember at launch he had god frames and it was annoying. I do believe that was the case and they removed them. I think rather than invincibility animations we should do Dapper Dragon's idea of AOE damage for door & wall destruction. It would be a less "cheap" way of improving Jason's destruction ability.

Think this is another one of those bugs that disappears and reappears when new patches come out. Personally don't like it and hope it gets removed again. 

Wow. Ok.

Anyway, the counselor-door-hitting thing is weird. It KINDA makes sense, but only to the extent of "big hole in door, counselor can use that to help themselves". When it becomes "Hey doors fresh let's hit Jason through it" it becomes a problem. The way i look at it is this: Make it so only when the door is almost toast can the counselor hit through it, have it so they can't hit Jason whatsoever, or you can have counselor's hit through, but those hits don't fully stun Jason. Right now you'll see a lot of players use Chad and co. to barricade doors and ready up to fight behind closed doors, which doesn't seem...right.

AOE on door destruction would be neat.

On 2/1/2018 at 7:03 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I would be fine if they entirely removed it. Personally it makes a tiny bit of sense to hit through a door that is in its final damage state with the largest hole, but intact doors should not receive this clipping issue. Cabin walls are impermeable so it would not be asking too much to make doors and destructible walls impermeable.

let me see it

1 hour ago, Xbox Prisoner said:

let me see it

I mean the non-destructible exterior cabin walls around the perimeter are impermeable. The weapon may clip through like at windows for example but no damage transfers through it. They should make doors and destructible walls function the same way.

5 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I mean the non-destructible exterior cabin walls around the perimeter are impermeable. The weapon may clip through like at windows for example but no damage transfers through it. They should make doors and destructible walls function the same way.

The vid

16 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Maybe it's because I play on ps4, but I have never been stun locked as Jason. I have been stunned 4-5 times in a row with counsellors surrounding me in a circle, but I could shift or morph away with good timing if I really tried (get stunned, hold morph while stunned and quick select a location on the map). The only times I haven't done this is when I am at an objective, and yes the counsellors are ganging up on me to protect it, but I am letting myself get chain stunned. I could flee, but that would be wasting my shift or morph and giving them the objective. For me, if counsellors pull this off against me they've earned it. 

I just don't get it. Perhaps it isn't a thing on ps4. I'm not saying you're lying as lots of people say they are perma-stunned as Jason, but I have never truly been locked into a stun loop as Jason. I can leave it's just hard to do, plus it's admitting defeat at least temporarily.

I don't get the impulse to hit jason through doors.

#1: It puts you in closer proximity TO Jason, eating up your ability to put distance between you and

#2: A successful stun puts Jason EVEN CLOSER TO RAGE THAN IF HE KNOCKED DOWN THE DOOR IN THE FIRST PLACE!  So, unless you know you're buying time for an objective to be completed, you're just screwing yourself and others over in the long run.  Jason plays all 4 quarters, you've got to make sure you can as well.

• Like 1

Hitting Jason through doors needs to be fixed. It looks idiotic and is abused constantly.

Not for nothing but if im chopping a door down in real life, no way in hell anyone could ever wind up and connect with a melee weapons.   They could probably POKE through the hole.   But not full out swing a weapon.

Also on a side note.  Jason should never fall down when hit by a melee weapon.   Only shotguns should lay Jason out.